Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Vulgar Words And Our Youth

January 30 2011, 4:08 PM 

Let's be truthful here and not be sanctimonious. Dictionary.com does not say "smart-ass" is ALWAYS vulgar, only SOMETIMES VULGAR. The exact definition is:

noun Slang: Sometimes Vulgar.
a wise guy; know-it-all.

Therefore, people who insist that "smart-ass" is ALWAYS vulgar have very dirty minds that have fallen into a stinking gutter.

Clear your minds of the filth and learn to MOVE ON.

Respond to this message   
Rocnar
(no login)

Re: Vulgar Words And Our Youth

January 30 2011, 10:33 PM 

"Let's be truthful here and not be sanctimonious. Dictionary.com does not say "smart-***" is ALWAYS vulgar, only SOMETIMES VULGAR."

Spoken like the words a true LIBERAL. Sad indeed. sad.gif

Respond to this message   
Sonny
(no login)

Which is worse?

January 30 2011, 11:18 PM 

"Holy Entertainment" or Vulgar Language?

-Sonny

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

"Holy Entertainment" or "Vulgar Language"

February 2 2011, 12:49 AM 

Well, performances in "worship" assembly by an organist, pianist, trumpeter or saxophonist or by the clappy-clappy, instrument-emulating "Praise Team" would be "Holy Entertainment."

Now, there may be a new trend -- using "vulgar language" in the "worship" assembly as the title may suggest.

Since "musical worship" is associated with "spiritual" activities in a "religious" assembly, Sonny's message could have been titled: "Holy Entertainment or Vulgar Language in Worship."

Nonetheless, Sonny has brought up an interesting, thought-provoking concept, even though "vulgar language" is not a worship "style" or "content."

So, is saying or thinking or acting like a "smart donkey" holy entertainment or vulgar language?

Very funny. LOL!!! LOVL!!!

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Treading Water Gets Old!!!

January 30 2011, 7:49 PM 

Is that the best you can do William? I say your gutter mouth vulgar language is utter barroom talk, and you can only ASSUME that I know of such an atmosphere? William, you sound like a 15 year old chatty gossipy teenager, like one would say It takes one to know one.' Not sure where you have had your head lately (wherever it is or has been you need to pull it out), but where else do you find that kind of language. You certainly don't use language that in church. I bet you will not call one of your elders that, now would you?
Yea, let's be truthful.....your vulgar language, and yes, that particular word, is vulgar. That is the ONLY truth. Proof is in the pudding. This is William Crumps original post, without the vulgar word"When I used C&P, the dash disappeared. Roncar is observant and is probably celebrating what he thinks is a "victory" with champagne and cigars. Perhaps he is thinking, "I got that smart-XXX Dr. Crump but good [sic]!" Before his head swells into the clouds and to keep him on his toes, however, he should always remember what my wily math teacher said when her students thought she had made an "error.""
Now, William, as you go down for the last time, tell uswhen you used that word then..was that one of the SOMETIMES it is not used in a vulgar way? Like you say ole boy, lets be truthful.
I know with you William, and with your disorder, you arent worried one bit. You simply arent wrong, even when you are. Its too bad that all of us dont want to play, eh William?

William, as you paint yourself in the corner, again, tell us now how the word in the sentence that YOU used above came from some Roman Greek Hebrew style of prose on describing an animal donkey mule myth.
Don't let me stand in your way for another slander and OBTUSE action.
Hope you don't mind me using OBTUSE....good word.

Respond to this message   
Rocnar
(no login)

Compounding Errors

January 31 2011, 5:17 PM 

Dr. Crump's error dilemma could have been avoided.

The Doctor's last error in grammar that my brother (Roncar) busted him on, was cut-and-dry solid, with no wiggle room. If Dr. Crump had just said "Nice Catch Roncar", the Doctor could have saved himself a truckload of grief.

Now he is dealing with the MELTDOWN, vulgar language, the Funky Chicken, and more errors. I don't think he will ever learn.

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Always Vulgar?

January 31 2011, 8:05 AM 

Smart-Ass: a wise guy; know-it-all.

It's really amazing that some people actually believe a person who is a wise guy or a know-it-all is "always vulgar." Such people's abominable minds spring from vile, stinking sewers. That is sad, sad indeed.

Respond to this message   
Rocnar
(no login)

Re: Always Vulgar?

January 31 2011, 3:39 PM 

"It's really amazing that some people actually believe a person who is a wise guy or a know-it-all is "always vulgar."

Dr. Crump, you seem confused, "wise guy and know-it-all" are NOT vulgar words. However, "smart-***" IS a vulgar word. Now you are just going to have to live with it son, you have been marked, now move on.

Reference: Dictionary.com

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Always Vulgar?

January 31 2011, 8:52 PM 

Since dictionary.com defines "smart-ass" as a wise guy or know-it-all, then it is a contradiction to say that "smart-ass" is always vulgar, when "wise guy" and "know-it-all" are "clean." It is a contradiction for an allegedly vulgar word to have "clean" definitions; likewise, it is a contradiction for a "clean" word to have a vulgar definition. A similar contradiction would be to say that good is bad and bad is good. There must be a parallel between a word and its definition: vulgar word, vulgar definition; "clean" word, "clean" definition.

Therefore, the absurd idea that "smart-ass" is always vulgar stems from the unspeakably filthy minds of absolutely abominable people. Filthy minds breed filthy definitions. That's why dictionary.com says "smart-ass" is "sometimes vulgar"; the dictionary takes those filthy minds into consideration.

If they have that much time to waste, the filthy-minded progressives who feign piety can continue to belabor their "vulgar" point until hyenas teach classes in college calculus.

It is doubtful that the progressives will ever learn to MOVE ON.

Respond to this message   
Fred Whaley
(no login)

Dave right Doctor wrong

January 31 2011, 3:57 PM 

Dave made a valid point when he said that Doctor Crump believed the word/phrase was wrong IN HIS OWN MIND because otherwise Dr. Crump would have used the word THE FIRST TIME (without the use of the dollar signs $$). Why did the Doctor use the $$ if he did not think the word was vulgar? The doctor is wrong and will not confess.

God is longsuffering.....................not willing that any should perish but that all would come to repentance.

Fred Whaley

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Trash in.....trash out!!!

January 31 2011, 12:20 PM 

William,
If the word isn't vulgar, then why did you use two dollar signs "$$" to cover up the "SS" in the word?
Now your vulgar language is taking on a new level. Since you have been proven to be wrong, you now take out the "$$" for the two "SS" in your vulgar word. You want it to seem legit now. Why? Because, in your mind, you are never wrong, even though you have been proven to be very wrong. The age old problem arises again.....'behavior unbecoming a Christian.'

Donnie, if you can allow young eyes that might come come here and see that kind of language, then again, it tells everyone who comes here what this site is really all about. Trash in......trash out! Donnie, protect your boy at all cost. See where that gets you!

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Survery Says......

January 31 2011, 12:46 PM 

Please, will someone try and come up with ANY example of where the vulgar word (that W. Crump continues to spew out of his vulgar mouth) would not be vulgar?
Has anyone on this board ever called any of their family members by this name? Has anyone ever called a Christian brother or sister by this name (to their face)?

Respond to this message   
Rocnar
(no login)

911 Call to the Wily Math Teacher

January 31 2011, 8:14 PM 

Dr. Crump, give her a call, she may know how to get you out of this!

CAAAACHING.... $$ = Busted happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

How did this "smart-ass" thing get started?

January 31 2011, 10:44 PM 

Let's see.

Dr. Crump, I think, originally stated something to the effect that Fred Whaley "PERHAPS" is thinking: "I got that smart-a$$ Dr. Crump...."

-- "Perhaps" isn't really a conclusive assertion, is it?
-- Dr. did not directly address someone as a "smart ass," did he?
-- Mr Fred, you don't really think Dr. C. is a "smart ass," do you?
-- Mr. Dave, who seems to have made this "vulgar" topic his specialty, has made a good point: what about the young people visiting this site? What about our international readers learning about this trivia -- American style?
-- Somehow, the vulgarity of the expression is being incessantly discussed.
-- OK, let's all admit and make one or any of these confessions:
-- -- "I have said at least once to someone, 'You, smart ass!'"
-- -- "I have said in public, 'He is such a smart ass.'"
-- -- "I have said in anger, 'Smart ass!'"
-- I think many of us (posters) are "smart asses."

OK, guys, let's get it all out of our system!!!

Let's just move on and discuss significant issues.

Respond to this message   
Sonny
(no login)

I thought this was a reputable brotherhood website?

February 1 2011, 7:20 PM 

Sonny has never used such words towards someone. I think the previous issue was Brother Crump's self-righteousness. Now it goes beyond this to profane language. This website points the finger at Christians it labels and identifies as "change agents" while permitting vulgar language from self-proclaimed "Christian conservatives." I thought this was a reputable brotherhood website?

-Sonny

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: I thought this was a reputable brotherhood website?

February 2 2011, 1:22 AM 

Sonny,

I'm sure we all know how dignified, distinguished and refined you are. That was needless to point out that you are an exception.

Speaking of "self-righteousness," have you taken into consideration the "self-righteousness" of those who accuse others of such?

You may be right that this website may no longer be a "reputable brotherhood website." Thanks to contributors who have nothing else to discuss than to perpetuate personal attacks by one against another.

However, none of that obliterates the MARKS of change agents operating in the brotherhood -- their goals and objectives to transform and restructure the church of Christ, His bride; to revise and rewrite the history of the Restoration Movement according to their ill-devised outline; to incorporate teachings and doctrines of their denominational neighbors; to make unnecessary changes to the church's teachings, beliefs and practices; to intrude upon the affairs of peaceful congregations, thus, causing alienation and dvision.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Trash In....Trash Out

February 1 2011, 9:15 AM 

Remember Donnie, it was both you and William Crump that was busted for 'behavior unbecoming a Christian.'
You blurting out that word like a sailor shows why. That word should never be used by a Christian man....period. You mentioned that you used it in anger. That is called cursing. Anger is an emotion, if used properly, can be used for the Glory of God. Out of control anger, as you just spoke of, is sinful. The problem lies here Donnie, you know it is wrong. It is why you let it out of your mouth in anger. Donnie you mentioned that most people have said the word in one form or another. Does that make it right? The fact that you keep saying the word over and over just adds to your sins.
It is like you want to make it right because William and everyone is doing it, which makes it double wrong. You know it to be wrong, and so does William. Make amends and like you said.....move on!
Like I said, protecting William is just bringing you down, but that's nothing new, is it?

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Trash In....Trash Out

February 2 2011, 1:52 AM 

Dave,

No, here's the correction to your first paragraph: There was GLOBAL BANNING (reminds me of the "Global Warming" lie) of several (NOT 1 or 2) conservative posters by a LIBERAL website.

Read my post again: There is no excuse for using vulgar language in speech or in writing. Even in the secular world of journalism, an expletive is edited by substituting a special character (usually by an asterisk [*]). Not that I was defending Dr. Crump, but he used an already self-edited expression using a "$" character.

Don't forget, Dave, that you're the one who vehemently reacted to and self-righteously condemned the person rather than the expression initially. Since then, the issue has compounded exponentially beyond control.

I agree with you that anger is an emotion. You show a lot of that emotion in your messages to those who disagree with you. Hopefully, you're using it "to the glory of God."

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Does It or Does It Not?

February 1 2011, 1:45 PM 

I just saw a product in the grocery store called "Heluva Good French Onion Dip."

Depending on whether or not your mind is dirty, does "Heluva Good" closely resemble a phrase used in "cussing" or does it not? Since teenagers are likely to see it, should a product with a name like that be removed from the shelf or should it not? happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Does It or Does It Not?

February 2 2011, 9:07 PM 

Perhaps the scurrilous poster cannot determine if words from from the secular world are fit for use in the Christian world. A good rule of thumb would be do I ever hear the word while in Church?

Ask an Elder or a Minister if in doubt. Sir, you embarrass yourself and the Church.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 13 4 5 6 78 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter