Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Dave
(no login)

Lesson for the Day

February 16 2011, 1:06 PM 

Speaking of rest, William, it seems that the attacks and slander, from you, has trailed off a bit. Remember, treating people just decently doesn't show the traits of a Christian. It goes way beyond that. Stay around other Christians William. You need good Christian peer support to complete the change.
Have a good day William.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

The Mid-Week Wrap Up

February 16 2011, 1:16 PM 

William, at this time, I will put it into a declarative sentence, instead of an interrogative sentence. Why? The subject matter is no longer in question.

If the vulgar word that you spewed out isn't/wasn't vulgar then you wouldn't have used "$$" signs in place of the "ss" letters when you originally used the word. "Wise guy," and "know-it-all" are not just definitions of the vulgar word, but also, and more importantly, ALTERNATIVE or SYNONYMOUS NON-VULGAR words. You chose to use the vulgar slang word.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Miss USA and Grammar

February 17 2011, 9:17 AM 

The reigning Miss USA recently appeared as a contestant on Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? and tackled a question about grammar. She was asked to name the part of speech for "twirled" in the following sentence: "Jill and Jane twirled their batons." Miss USA said that "twirled" was the subject. Of course, that was incorrect, and I immediately thought of Dave. Had he been on the show and answered incorrectly, Dave would have vehemently argued that "twirled" was whatever part of speech he chose, because grammar was based entirely on the writer's preference and not on organized rules. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Fred Whaley
(no login)

Re: Miss USA and Grammar

February 18 2011, 9:01 AM 

Folks...........................................................just when you begin to believe there is a little hope that Mr. Crump has moved on from slandering and insulting Dave, he proves that he has not budged from his usual ways and has not grown as a person and Christian man.

Fred was enjoying a basketball sporting event of a grandchild last weekend when he witnessed a school official and police officer addressing a person for making a scene and cursing at an official. The person did not want to accept the warning and reprimand and admit that they were wrong. This reminds me of Mr. Crump in his denial of using vulgar words in a message on this Christian site and his unwillingness to admit his choice of words was INTENTIONAL and INAPPROPRIATE. happy.gif

Fred Whaley

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Why? Why? Why?

February 18 2011, 8:48 AM 

Why.....William Crump.....do you carry on so with me? All of your negativity, slandering, and reviling seems to be predominantly aimed towards me. William, don't let me ruin your day, ok? Don't let any man ruin your day. As I said before, the only one that should control your attitude is you,certainly not me. This life is short and I shouldn't be the one who ruins your day. Yes, I have called you down time and time again, but you so well deserved it. If the truth hurts then let the truth help you change to be a good man. If your heart is receptive then the truth will and should change you.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

You're Not Smarter Than a 5th Grader

February 19 2011, 10:10 AM 

A contestant on Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? tackles a question about grammar. Given the following sentence, the man must fill in the blank with the correct response:

"Jane's ____________ essay won the contest."

A. well worded
B. well-worded
C. wellworded

The man reasons that "A" is correct, because neither hyphenated words nor two words crammed together could possibly be right. The man locks in "A." The host says, "If you had elected to copy Jane's answer, you would have been correct. Let's look at the board. Jane's answer is: B. well-worded. You just gave back some money." The lights turn red and the man's cash total falls to zero. The host further explains, "When adverbs not ending in -ly are used as compound words in front of a noun, hyphenate. When the combination of words is used after the noun, do not hyphenate. Here's another example: 'He got a much-needed haircut yesterday.'" The host then cites a reference: http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/hyphens.asp (rule 5).

The contestant is dumbfounded and will NOT accept such an outrageous explanation: "What kind of %$#*& show is this? Grammar has no rules, you bumbling blockheads! It's based on a person's preference, whatever sounds and looks right. This %@$# show is rigged...bwahahaha...some kinda quack doctor made up that $%#@ question...BWAHAHAHAHA...PREFERENCE...instrumental music...sing with instruments...you hear me...BWAHAHAHA...the sky is green if I say it is...GWAMMAR...ELMER FUDD...PWEFWENCE...BWAHAHAHA...YAAAAHAHAHAHAHA...HAAH...HOT AIR...AND...HALITOSIS...HAAH...HAAH...I PWEFER...HAHA...HAHA...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Security guards haul the kicking and screaming contestant from the studio. Later he is committed to the State Asylum for the Grammatically Insane.

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Respond to this message   
Rocnar
(no login)

Re: You're Not Smarter Than a 5th Grader

February 19 2011, 12:30 PM 

Dr. Crump, it's never too late. Please check to see if this class is offered this year.

http://www.howard.edu/currentstudents/studentlifeactivities/documents/ComedyCentral-SummerSchool2010.pdf

wink.gif

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 14 5 6 7 8 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter