Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Ex-Church of Christ Support Group

May 11 2010 at 7:42 PM
John Waddey  (Login Donnie.Cruz)
from IP address

Ex-Church of Christ Support Group

Here is my response to an Ex group. The problem is that they are upset because they are upset that they got into preaching without the honesty and scholarship and just hate themselves. They also lie about churches of Christ when they are probably mad at one who FIRIED THEM.

We have updated to prove that the Psalms with Instrument as the foundation they use to silence The School of Christ is, was and ever shall be called Soothsaying, sorcery or witchcraft.

A liberal brother of the change camp took the time to send me the web address of a group he evidently admires. They call themselves "Ex-Church of Christ Support Group."

The above title is the name of a website operated by folks who claim to have once been members of the Church of Christ, who have now found their faux freedom by leaving her ranks. It is most interesting that those who operate it do so anonymously. That raises some questions. Were they ever truly members of the Church of Christ? Have they actually left the church? Are they associated with the change agents who labor day and night to undermine and weaken the church and draw away her members? Are they being totally honest and truthful in the bitter charges and accusations they make against the church?

I take this to be an attempt to discredit the church in the eyes of the world. The charges brought against her are exaggerations and distortions. At the best, it is an attempt at self-justification by those who no longer believe in New Testament Christianity.

The format they have chosen is modeled after that of those who have escaped extreme and malevolent cults or addictions. By this they are implying that the Church of Christ is like that. Of course they know the comparison is false, but such folks don't mind using a little falsehood to make their points.

They are evangelists for a cause of their own making. If they were members of a congregation that did not meet their spiritual needs, they could go to another that did. If they found themselves in a church dry and withered from legalistic teaching and practice, they could have gone to a congregation not so afflicted. If there were some obvious flaw in the faith, worship, and practice of the Church of Christ, they could do us the courtesy of pointing out that flaw. If they were not happy in the Church of Christ, they could leave and go to some denomination where the happiness they seek could be found. The fact is they want to harm the church by laying serious charges and accusations against her. If they can shake the faith of some novice or weak member, perhaps they can draw them into their orbit of influence.

When a person no longer believes the essential fundamentals of New Testament Christianity; when he no longer loves the church nor feels a part of her; when he finds his pleasure in cirticizing and belittling her past, her teachers and servants; when he spends his time sowing doubt and discord; then it is time for him to leave -- the sooner the better! His deadly tentacles reach out to envelope other unsuspecting souls. Like Judas he needs to "go to his own place." (Acts 1:25).

Many of these unhappy souls imagine themselves to be so refined and well-educated that they can no longer brook a church that does not recognize their greatness. Others never knew the way of righteousness. They came into the fellowship of the church by accident of birth, marriage, or some other way that did not involve serious Bible teaching and an act of personal commitment. Having no real personal investment in the church, their eyes are constantly looking for something more desirable and exciting for them. Like the spouose who sees every flaw in their marriage partner, so these misanthropes see nothing good in the church.

Me thinks they should create their own denomination. They could call it The Community Church of Love, Peace, and Joy (non-doctrinal, non-compliant, and non-salvational). They could quickly become a magnate for malcontents, not only from Churches of Christ, but from every other religious body. Since doctrine and obedience would not be issues, they, along with the Unitarian/Universalist Church, would fill a unique niche in the community. Rather than be "hide-bound" victims of a Bible-believing and respecting church, every member would be free to do that which is right in his own eyes (Judges 17:6), Rather than having to listen to sermons punctuated with scripture, they could have a wide assortment of non-scriptural entertaining activities for their worship.

Knowing the consequences they will face, we rightfully sorrow for those who abandon the church and the Master's Will. However, we must remember the words the Spirit gave to guide us:

* "Many are called, but few are chosen" (Matt. 20:16).
* "The love of many shall wax cold" (Matt. 24:12).
* "Demas forsook me, having loved this present world" (II Tim. 4:10).
* "Some shall depart from the faith" (I Tim. 4:1-2).
* "Let no man beguile you" (II Thess. 2:3).

These former members of the Lord's church have an evangelistic zeal for their new cause. They want to allure young, weak, and unhappy members of the Master's church and draw them away to themselves (Acts 20:30). To capture these vulnerable souls, they spare neither time nor energy. The marvel is, why cannot those who love the church rise up with zeal equal to that of her enemies to defend the Cause of Christ and defeat His enemies?

John Waddey, Editor
Christianity: Then and Now

Be assured those will be thy worst enemies, not to whom thou has done evil, but who have done evil to thee..."

"When soldiers go AWOL, they are prone to blame everyone but themselves. So also do backslidden saints."

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address on Apr 22, 2012 5:44 PM

Respond to this message   
(no login)

A Day Late And A Dollar Short

May 14 2010, 4:55 PM 

Missed the boat by a few years Waddey.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: A Day Late And A Dollar Short

May 14 2010, 6:13 PM 

John Waddey's email is clearly posted. I'm sure that he would be thrilled to receive a personal note from someone with an alias of "Ganymede" who can offer such enlightening, scholarly, and constructive criticism.

Respond to this message   
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

Do you know when the article was written?

May 14 2010, 9:49 PM 

There are countless articles out there that are factual and revealing regardless of time. You're not suggesting that the anti-church support group no longer exists, are you? If you're not, then, know that the message is relevant.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

At Least One Ex-Church Web Site Exits

May 14 2010, 11:11 PM 

There is at least one ex-church of Christ support group web site that still exists. It's That site features two message boards, one exclusively for those who have left the Church, and one for general discussion by those who are still members of the Church. I once visited that site and went to the general board, where I posted my conservative views. Within a few moments, I received a response. Did that person welcome me to the board for a civil discussion? Alas, no. His exact words were, "You pathetic sack of [excrement, the 'S' word]!" I knew that it would be a waste of time trying to communicate with anyone on THAT board, because people there were so consumed with bitter hatred against the Church.

There are probably other ex-Church support groups out there.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublet
(no login)

Ex or ANTIs

May 14 2010, 9:54 PM 

Here is my response to an Ex group. The problem is that they are upset because they are upset that they got into preaching without the honesty and scholarship and just hate themselves. They also lie about churches of Christ when they are probably mad at one who FIRIED THEM.

Needs serious updating

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site;

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter