Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Minimal Madness from Musical Mistresses

October 4 2016, 1:34 AM 

[Bumped]

See preceding pages for a discussion of "soft piano" enhancing musical worship.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 23.127.32.146 on Oct 4, 2016 1:43 AM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 4 2016, 10:48 AM 

But, our singing is so much BETTER when the praise team (choir) leads. I have often heard that. ANATHEMA defines any one or anything which is dedicated to HAREM. Celebrity preachers, music ministers or any of the team are proven beyond redemption because they seek attention knowing that no one can think about God while being overpowered with David Young's desire for SHOCK AND AWE. Things or persons or animals which have gone beyond redemption thinking that they can ENHANCE anything the One Almighty has provided cannot be redeemed and MUST BE BURNED. There are lots of passages which are driving God's enemies (Isa 30) into HELL or casting them alive into the lake of fire.

Or muses ENHANCE our singing or worship.

You are exactly defining a LEGALIST: you believe that the harder you work in making the singing-worship BETTER you are saying that God left a BLANK. In the words of LU we teach you how to use YOUR imagination to fill in the blanks. You are saying that you know better than God and Jesus and Paul said that WORSHIP is in the PLACE of the human spirit-mind devoted to IN TRUTH or The Word. Jesus intended to EXCLUDE anyone who thinks that worship is in the PLACE of a certain mountain or a certain house OR the works (music is hard work) of your hands. Worship is in MY spirit in tune with God's Spirit which Jesus said is defined in HIS WORDS. I take offense as do many when YOU want me to HIRE you provide entertainment and LOCK the worship or giving attention to YOU.

WORSHIP in the Church of Christ (the Rock) was first to:
EXCLUDE vocal or instrumental rejoicing or speaking your own words then
INCLUDE Rest, Reading and Rehearsing or learning whatever GOD has supplied without your ENHANCING.

That quarantined the godly Jews from traveling to any religious rituals performed for pay on the superstitious seventh day. WORK which is excluded prevents "sending out ministers of God."

Jesus provided ANOTHER DAY for REST which the Jewish Clergy could not provide. The Greek word is PAUO which means STOP IT. The word is found by searching the literature commanding STOP the speaking, singing, playing instruments or anything YOU believe enhances me and especially if it is for PAY. Pan the little obscene man-goat (cappella) is included in PAUO because his pan pipes induced PANic.

Dave has always defended instruments and instrumentalists but knows that he can't go all the way in HIS congregation.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

A Morsel for Ken

October 12 2016, 2:33 PM 

An answer I will give to you Ken, as we give to our classes every day....."IT JUST DEPENDS."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: A Morsel for Ken

October 12 2016, 3:09 PM 

Scripture just has two options: Yes or No.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 10 2016, 5:00 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

October 14 2016, 1:04 PM 

That is what the prosecutor wants....a yes or no answer. If that is what you give them, then it is your own fault.

To sing or not to sing.

It depends.

If you want to believe the very Word of God, then SING because that is what the Scripture states.
If you don't want to believe the very Word of God, then believe in what man thinks and take to heart his delirious opinion.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 14 2016, 1:23 PM 

Paul said that BOTH ODE and PSALLO (both bad words) are IN the heart or mind so I don't have to hear it when we are commanded to SPEAK the Word (only) for LEARNING.

Now, just what kind of mentality wants to SING when the wife wants to SPEAK?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Music is a laded burden

October 18 2016, 3:24 PM 

A laded burden in Hebrew or Greek is a song which repeats: it does not repeat to teach but to enchant like a sorcerer

http://www.piney.com/MuBurden.html

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 18 2016, 7:13 PM 

A laded Burden in Hebrew and Greek and working really hard to sing all of those hard songs upsetting your emotions, damaging your vocal cords and having your ear-drums is something people HIRE OUT THEIR BODIES to keep you singing on the treadmill all week long. And then, he just ups and steals the church house of widows. Remember that bad things happen to bad people in the END.

h5357

[linked image]

The invitation or command to His LAMBS was to "come REST and learn of ME." Rest includes the concept of SKHOLE with the only life-giving Words.

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

Stats

October 26 2016, 9:30 PM 

According to Wikipedia on the Restoration movement

75% of the congregations and 87% of the membership are mainline
25% others
None Institutional 2,500
No Separate Bible Class 1,100
One Cup 550
Mutual Edification 130
Speak Only (No Singing) 2

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

You GO!!!

October 27 2016, 12:06 PM 

Minimal Madness from Musical Mistresses....I just enjoy the fact that Ken likes his titles that sound "out there." It doesn't sound like the typical English but perhaps a translated brogue. GOOD for you Ken.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: You GO!!!

October 27 2016, 1:11 PM 

You made up the OUT THERE. In fact the TRUTH is according to Paul's warning about the MAD WOMEN OF CORINTH guilty of the UNCOVERED PROPHESYING to "increase the attendance and fill the collection plates."

It should be
MAXIMUM MADNESS FROM MUSICAL MISTRESSES.

You have to be strongly deluded to be abandoned, like the Jews, to worship the starry host: a STAR is also an illustrous person acting out as a prancing preacher or slinky Sister Singer (Jeff Walling's) so otherworldy as to think that you should pay them for performing WORSHIP IN THE FLESH.

I told you about the Babylon mother of harlots in Revelation 17. She uses emasculated FRUITS (same as in Amos 8) as her priests(esses).

They are any RELIGIOUS CRAFTSMAN defined in the text (offlimits) as silversmiths, theater builders or stage managers, singers, instrument players and "grinders". Jesus as HOLY SPIRIT called them SORCERERS (from the original Babylon harlots worshipped by the abandoned Jews). The HAD deceived the whole world once and brought on the first creation destroyed by water.

The CREATION of Jesus is to separate the sheep from the goats (cappella fellas) for those RESERVED UNTO FIRE

Men and now women ruling over you with a TUNE or anyone who, in Paul's Word, sells their learning at retail is holy whore boasting about bringing you HOLY ENTERTAINMENT.

That word defines a prostitute now engaged in HOLY ENTERTAINMENT. Decent Greeks were taught that speakers, singers or instrument players were PROSTITUTES. The Greek word PARASITE defines those who FEED off claiming a role with A god.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
dianna howell
(Login dianna01)

Stats

October 27 2016, 12:46 PM 

Your stats are off. I've seen people in some assemblies who do not sing. There are also some who don't sing certain songs that don't agree with scripture. There also may be more people who assemble with The Lord Jesus Christ in their hearts and minds that aren't visible, and do not attend a "church". The Lord knows those who are his. There are also those who have followed the command to go, preach the gospel! I will leave the counting to The Lord. I thank the men and women who have dedicated their lives to His purpose.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Stats

October 27 2016, 1:29 PM 

Based on clay tablets and modern medicine perhaps half or more are "burden laded" by modern complex and damaging harmony produces, says one former Attorney, "decibel poisoning." Having majored in my business including Acoustics and having had to remove my body from the Hee Haw, I can so certify. Recorded history claims that musicians intended to HURT their audience knowing that they could bring on the clapping and tears and "passing the plate" another one of those NOT COMMANDED says Paul. There would be NO discord without the money. People have always given willingly to the destitute and fed and housed the evangelist.

I have noticed a lot of song books in the laps and bowed head tolerating that which has suddenly become so "burden laden".

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

October 27 2016, 1:36 PM 

There are some narrow-minded folks who refuse to sing a hymn like "There Is Sunshine in My Soul Today" on rainy days. They actually believe the day must be sunny to sing that hymn. Apparently their "education" in metaphors was most deficient.

And then there are other narrow-minded people who refuse to sing "Christ Arose" (AKA "Low in the Grave He Lay") prior to the Lord's Supper. Their "rationale" is that the hymn commemorates the Lord's resurrection, whereas the Lord's Supper commemorates His death. Apparently such folks think that the Lord's death, burial, and resurrection are all mutually exclusive.

Add these to the other bizarre, narrow-minded people who reject baptism in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, as worded in Matt. 28:19.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Direct Commands Trum "ring around the rosey"

October 27 2016, 3:04 PM 

Rom. 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Rom. 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
Rom. 15:3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
Rom. 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Rom. 15:5 ΒΆ Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Rom. 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

[linked image]

What part of THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN FOR OUR LEARNING is it IMPOSSIBLE to hear by the WORLD doing everything in their power to REPLACE the Word of God with silly, effeminate songs as the MARK of the BEAST.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Direct Commands Trum &quot;ring around the rosey&quot;

October 27 2016, 4:49 PM 

Bill keeps stretching the truth: We are not discussing singing "There Is Sunshine in My Soul Today" when we come to the Assembly OF CHRIST and claim to speak were the Bible speaks. The fact is that probably the majority of people have been called out of the REST Jesus died to give them and are encouraged to line while their hearts and bank account are under the greatest cloud.

If you live in the poorest places on the earth we accept the promised by the Spirit OF Christ to rest under the church as an UMBRELLA and a Safe House from those who worship the SON.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

October 27 2016, 9:28 PM 

Thanks Dianna, could you provide a name for Churches that don't sing?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 27 2016, 10:03 PM 

Thanks Rancor, we also need an example of the assembly singing with or without an instrument in the Bible or until after the Reformation.

Respond to this message   
Dianna Howell
(Login dianna01)

Slip, sliding away

October 28 2016, 9:44 AM 

I didn't say that everyone in the assembly didn't sing. I am not condemning those who sing in the assembly, that is not my place. When I did sing, my purpose was to teach and admonish. Therefore, it makes more sense to me that we use scripture, psalms hymns and spiritual songs, provided by the spirit of Christ. I do know from scripture in the Old Testament, that every time there was a reformation or restoration, the next generation fell write back to idolatry. Just as it has happened in modern times. Perhaps we need to study the history surrounding these events, in order to learn from them. I do know that much suffering comes with ignorance, especially when we don't stay attached to the Word, Jesus Christ.

The replacement of the psalms with human compositions was a product of the "high church" movement which gave protestants the same authority as the Catholic church to "change with the times." However:

"The first three centuries of the church witnessed many controversies; some of them concerned themselves directly with music. The most important of these issues were:

(a) organized versus spontaneous praying and singing;
(b) scriptural versus extrascriptural poems;
(c) fusion with Hellenistic music;
(d) vocal versus instrumental music;
(e) the rise of monasticism and its influence upon ecclesiastical chant." (Interpreter's Dict of the Bible, Music, p. 467).

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 6 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter