Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Dave
(no login)

I Wonder Wonder If.....If You are......

January 5 2011, 11:46 PM 

You wouldn't be preoccupied with Dave, now would you be William? Take up a hobby son and get productive in your retirement years.
happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif
You haven't heard it in a while William, so here goes....

Life is Good!!!

Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: I Wonder Wonder If.....If You are......

January 6 2011, 12:02 AM 

I spend more time correcting Dave, because he makes more errors than anyone else.

Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation

January 6 2011, 12:05 AM 

What about this? Let's just say that some folks are "speed" typists. {Just as some folks who have taken the "Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics Course" may be speed readers.)

I think Dave meant this one: "The best holiday is when Christians take it and use it for the Glory of God." Either "holiday is" or "holiday's" is correct.

Dave, are you a "speed typist"? happy.gif Slow down, will you? Or, you will be ticketed by the English officer. sad.gif

Dave
(no login)

Tickets? Get Your Tickets Right Here....Right Now!!!

January 6 2011, 12:21 AM 

What is even better is when the english cop gets tickets, and often enough I might add.
He does what we do though.....just throw the tickets out the window and go our merry little way.

Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Tickets? Get Your Tickets Right Here....Right Now!!!

January 6 2011, 1:43 AM 

That's "English cop," not "english cop." Again, Dave types too quickly and accumulates more "tickets." It's getting to the point that all Dave has to do is touch his keypad and POW--an error appears. Slow down!

Dave
(no login)

I wonder wonder Why....

January 6 2011, 2:11 AM 

Should POW (sic) have all capital letters? Remember here William, this only is dealing with grammar. I could care less about whether you want to give it emphasis or not. Is it proper grammar? No no no.....
The English (see I can learn William!) cop gets another ticket.

Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: I Wonder Why...

January 6 2011, 2:50 AM 

Dave is groping at straws. Good novels and other published works often have words in capital letters for emphasis, especially if they represent a sound, such as POW, BOING, POP, BOOM, BAM, BANG, ZING, ZOOM, and similar words. Sorry Dave, but your "ticket" is junk. You really do need to expand your literary horizons. happy.gif

Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

ALL CAPS

January 6 2011, 10:24 AM 

The following information should interest all readers, especially Dave:

"In typography, all caps (short for 'all capitals' or 'all capitalized') refers to text or a font in which all letters are capital letters. All caps is usually used for emphasis. It is commonly seen in the titles on book covers, in advertisements and in newspaper headlines. Short strings of words in capital letters appear bolder and 'louder' than mixed case, and this is sometimes referred to as 'shouting.'[1] All caps can also be used to indicate that a given word is an acronym."

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps

Writing sentences or entire messages in all caps definitely implies shouting. Example: SHUT YOUR MOUTH, YOU LOUSY CHUMP!! However, placing certain words in all caps simply gives them emphasis, and words that represent loud noises have a better effect in typography if they appear in all caps. Example: When the old car started up, it let out a series of ear-splitting backfires--BAM POW POW BOOM!!!

If Dave will broaden his literary horizons, he will suffer fewer episodes of embarrassment. happy.gif

Dave
(no login)

Starting Out to Be Another Good Year

January 6 2011, 11:06 AM 

I didn't think you would keep the ticket William, as I never keep yours. I wouldn't keep a traffic violation ticket given to me by a police officer that isn't certified yet and without proper training, no more than I would keep your English cop tickets. An English cop that doesn't know English very well isn't much good to anyone.

Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

January 6 2011, 12:27 AM 

Dave,

I think your keyboard has a number of duplicate keys. Or, do you have extra fingers? Need to use M/S Word or a secretary?

Don't worry. Everyone has this problem sometimes. In my case, I need quadrifocal lenses. happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif Yes, that many. LOL

Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

January 7 2011, 10:27 PM 

Thread: Questions...

Error: Dave wrote: "Key word there, gents??? EVERY knee, that would include yours too....not [sic] matter how arrogant you are."

That should be "...no matter how arrogant..." BTW, why did Dave place "EVERY" in all caps, if he objected to my placing "POW" in all caps? Does Dave follow a double standard, or is it possible that Dave heeded my lesson about all caps? happy.gif

Actually, let's clean up Dave's statement a bit and get rid of those sentence fragments and multiple question marks. Try this: "The key word there, gents, is EVERY knee. That would include yours, too, no matter how arrogant you are."

Although Dave admits that he ignores what I teach, I trust that these little "lessons" will be of value to other readers.

Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

January 15 2011, 1:13 PM 

Thread: The Liberal Mind and Method

Error: Sonny wrote, "BTW, there is a grammar [sic] error in your response."

Although "grammar" is spelled correctly, that word is a noun. Sonny erroneously uses it as an adjective to modify "error." Nouns do not modify other nouns. Nouns are modified by adjectives. The correct adjective to use is "grammatical," as in, "BTW, there is a grammatical error in your response."

Dave
(no login)

Get Used to It William!!!

January 15 2011, 11:21 PM 

Just because you might want it to be 'grammatical error,' 'grammar error' is fine, and correct also.

Like it or not William Crump, that is the way it is.

Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

What about "human nature ... human form ... system error"?

January 16 2011, 12:44 AM 

I use "grammar error" occasionally; therefore, it is correct. [Just kidding. happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif]

"Human" is a noun, and so is "error." Why is it correct to say: "That was a human error"? Or, to say: "It is human nature"? Should we resort to saying: "The time to correct this humanistic error is now"? (Note, though, that "human" can be an adjective as in "human form" or "human error" or "human nature.")

"System" is a noun. Why is it correct to say: "That was a system error"? "Systematic" is an adjective. But "a systematic error" sheds a different meaning from "a system error."

I would give the edge to "grammatical error" because "grammar" is a learning system, and we would not want a learning system to be an error. What about saying: "That was an error in grammar"?

Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

And That's the Way It Is

January 16 2011, 9:57 AM 

According to the dictionary, "human" can be used as a noun or as an adjective. Therefore, terms such as "human form" and "human nature" are correct. Although "system" is ordinarily a noun, the term "system error" is recognized as legitimate. "Grammar," however, is strictly a noun and should be modified by an adjective. If people insist on saying "grammar error," they might as well say that using "ain't" is correct as well. Such people would say, "Get used to saying 'ain't'." Although people say "grammar error" and "ain't" all the time, they are still not grammatically correct.

I have the dictionary as my source, whereas Dave has...well...nothing but his preference for incorrect grammar. If Dave wants to be obtuse and scream "grammar error" until he is blue in the face, what is that to us? We know that Dave allows his rabid bias to resist any form of teaching and instruction by conservatives. In the words of Walter Cronkite, "And that's the way it is." happy.gif

Dave
(no login)

You say One Thing But Do Something Else.....

January 16 2011, 10:17 PM 

For a man that makes up his own words as his goes......I wouldn't say that you actually use your dictionary, would you?

Abridged or unabridged, well-worded AIN'T anywhere. You only found it under the root of 'word.' You did not and CANNOT find 'well-worded' standing alone....by itself.....anywhere.

Again, William Crump, some of us like rules. It gives us stability. God gives us rules to make us happy and content. Some people will always live outside of those rules and think that it is all a joke. The joke is on them.....and you.

Sonny
(no login)

What Others Are Saying

January 17 2011, 8:48 AM 

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jan 17, 2011 4:30 PM

Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

A childish site about spelling and grammar

January 17 2011, 6:20 PM 

OK. This was part of the quoted post by Sonny from "wave runner":

wave runner:

... I left there a month or so ago. Seems to me to be a rather childish site operated by a few who control and prevent any meaningful discussion. The most heated debate recently seems to center around correcting the spelling and grammar of the "liberals." ...

Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: A Childish Site about Spelling and Grammar

January 17 2011, 7:57 PM 

You mean Sonny "left" because he allowed ONE thread among the many threads at CM to get under his skin? Most people do not like to be corrected. Some retaliate by hurling insults and using smear tactics. Others simply leave to avoid being corrected. Those with strength and fortitude don't allow such things to get under their skin. happy.gif

Sonny
(no login)

Who said Sonny was leaving?

January 17 2011, 11:24 PM 

I simply stated that based on Brother Cruz not posting some of my messages that he may end up denying me input altogether. Perhaps Brother Crump childishly "wishes" to get under my skin and immaturely "wants" me to leave? sad.gif

-Sonny

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 526 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter