Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

"God Work" (by Randy Harris, ACU) NACC 2013

December 23 2010 at 3:55 AM
John Waddey  (Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 99.177.249.211

NACC 2013 Victorius will use whatever PROinstrumentalists claiming to be of the Church of Christ to try to gain VICTORY for imposing musical instruments. Revelation makes it certain that those who "make the lambs dumb before the slaughter" with silly rhetoric and effeminate music will NOT be part of the victory party.

http://www.piney.com/NACC.2013.Victorius.Review.html

Randy Harris and others at NACC 2013 review of Revelation.

http://www.piney.com/NACC.2013.Revelation.5.html

http://www.piney.com/NACC.2013.Revelation.4-5.html

http://www.piney.com/NACC.2013.Revelation.11.html

http://www.piney.com/NACC.2013.Revelation.19-20.html

http://www.piney.com/NACC.2013.Revelation.21.html

"God Work" (by Randy Harris, ACU) A Review (by JHW)

"God Work" -- A Review

This book by Randy Harris, Bible teacher of Abilene Christian University, is subtitled, "Confessions of a Standup Theologian." Harris and the school he serves are both leaders in the change movement now damaging the church. The book is informative in that it gives us an insight into the thinking and actions of a change agent.

• [1] First, we note that of himself, Harris says, "I am a postmodern, mystic, panentheist. Happily situated in Churches of Christ. And I am going nowhere. You can be a postmodern, mystic, panentheist and be perfectly happy in this tradition" (p. 95).

• [2] You may wonder, what is panentheism? Panentheism is "the enlightened mystic theology of transcendence and immanence, beyond theism." Panentheists believe that "Everything is pervaded by divinity." This includes trees, rocks, rivers, animal, human, and insect life. "In panentheism, God is not necessarily viewed as the creator or demiurge, but the eternal animating force behind the universe." They like to say, "The whole is God." Panentheism is common in Hinduism, Baha'i, in many North American tribal religions, and in the Unitarian-Universalist church. Panentheism is a pagan belief about God and cosmos.

• [3] From first to last, there is an undercurrent of disdain for those Churches of Christ not embracing his program of change.

• [4] The author strives to be "chic," "cute," and "edgy" in his presentation. Although he identifies himself as a preacher, he tells us he does a bit of light gambling (p. 40). He enjoys movies about Satan (p. 39). He laughingly tells us he lied (p. 61).

• [5] As are most change agents, Harris is more comedian than truth teller and teacher of God's Word.

• [6] He is very tentative about his faith and convictions. "I'm guessing there's a difference in making good decisions and bad decisions. In being obedient to God and disobedient to God" (p.41).

• [7] He has a low view of Scripture. He speaks of the Apostle John "toss(ing) in little throwaway lines..." "John does this stuff on the Holy Spirit that we don't see in the synoptic" (p. 77). He thinks Paul "made a mess of the Corinthian's situation." Of Esther, he says "there is this crazy book of Esther" (p.89).

• [8] Harris finds his inspiration among a band of Catholic "hermits." There in the desert, with the monks, he "had the experience of coming to understand that God loves me..." (p. 82). "I began to hear in my head God's call to me to be a hermit" (p. 83). He concluded his tale about his experience in the desert with the monks, "I want to encourage you to be open to that" (p. 84).

• [9] Beginning with a family view of God's grace, ("Grace. Grace. All is grace") (p. 72), he reached the conclusion that God's grace will cover personal failures in conduct and personal beliefs about things sacred. From that he jumps to the conclusion that one's belief on questions such as instrumental music in worship are not consequential (p. 73). He concludes this section by saying, "What I've described to you is basically my postmodernism. That is, I am learning to make peace with a loss of certainty." In contrast, Jesus said, "Ye shall know the truth" (John 8:32).

• [10] Harris speaks often of his "faith heritage." This is a popular term among the ranks of change agents. They no longer believe the Church of Christ is Christ's church. Nor do they believe that members of the Church of Christ are truly non-denominational Christians. They do not believe the faith and worship of Churches of Christ are thoroughly biblical. To them, it is largely a matter of tradition. To call our brethren Christians and our brotherhood the Church of Christ seems to curdle in their mouths. They prefer to refer to their "faith heritage" or some similar term.

• [11] Like others of his peers at Abilene Christian University, Harris is dabbling in mysticism and other "spiritual" practices borrowed from New Age practitioners, medieval Catholics, and eastern religions such as Hinduism. When discussing those who pursue the mystical, experiential approach to religion, he tells us, I cannot and will not, because it would be both unethical and unchristian, pass judgment on anyone else's claim to religious experience." This is a basic tenet of Postmodernism, but Jesus said, "Jude righteous judgments" (John 7:24).

• [12] Harris feels the historic evidence for Christ's resurrection is not compelling. He says "It is somewhere between Elvis at the 7-11 and the Gettysburg Address." He goes on to say, "The Holy Spirit is the continuing presence of God that testifies in us to the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (p. 79). I do believe that the Holy Spirit dwells in the heart of each Christian, but I am curious about the way and manner of the Spirit's testifying to Bro. Harris. Is it by dreams and visions, or a still small voice? Is it like the trumpet sound on Sinai or a nudge within? The Spirit speaks to me and every other Christian through the Scripture, which he guided chosen men to write (II Pet. 1:20-21). Any other communications are of uncertain origin.

• [13] The author assures us, "if we want genuine experience of the living God, the way is more likely to be found along the path of the traditional spiritual disciplines than along any other path. Because Scripture and 2,000 years of Christian history testify to them. And as we follow the great saints of history down that Path..." Now these great saints he refers to are the great saints of the Roman Catholic faith. Saints of the desert caves, the monastery, the pinnacles. Emaciated saints, unwashed saints, ascetic, celibate saints, mendicant (begging) saints, saints who inflict pain on their bodies, saints who live in speechless isolation, and saints with robes and habits. He does not tell us if he wants the whole of their disciplines or just those few things suitable for Postmodern man. His spiritual disciplines have been learned not from Scripture but from emissaries of the Emergent Church movement, Catholic mystics, and other New Age practitioners.

• [14] Harris does not believe that the church is God's kingdom on earth. "We say that (the church) is not the kingdom of God" (p. 144). Strangely, Jesus spoke of the church as his kingdom (Matt. 16:18).

• [15] He evidently thinks God has called him to be a preacher of his panentheistic gospel. "All of us who preach must feel some call to issue a prophetic message to our churches" (p. 122). For over 200 years, gospel preachers here in America have thought that God calls us through the gospel (II Thess. 2:14).

• [16] He argues that preaching and teaching don't "seem to work anymore." He advocates that we just follow Jesus. Why does he make his living as a preacher and teacher?

• [17] He writes, there are "Some Christians" ... who would argue that the use of violence is justified if the cause is serious enough. These would be people who would blow up abortion clinics, ... or other forms of such terrorist activity" (p. 129). As in other cases, he uses the word "Christian" very loosely. Biblically, the word refers to true followers of Jesus. They don't resort to terrorist activities. He knows that. It is dishonest and disrespectful to imply that some crackpot from some cult who resorts to violence is in any way a "Christian." But that is his "edgy" style.

• [18] He says, "Christianity is so easily seduced, so easily taken captive by the power of this world" (p. 145). This is his only prophetic statement. For it explains why so many of our young adults and congregations have fallen victim to the seductions of the apostles of the change movement that emanate from Abilene Christian University and others of our Christian Universities.

• [19] He mentions that he observes Lent with his Catholic brothers, including repeating 300 times a breath prayer asking Jesus to have mercy on him (p. 158). He must have missed Jesus' instruction against using "vain repetitions" when praying (Matt. 6:7).

• [20] Like other liberals, he must imply that the church and Christians are racist. He offers the worn out and outdated cliché that "the most segregated moment in American life is at 10:00 A.M. Sunday. Every aspect of American society is more deeply integrated than churches" (p. 160). Poor Harris has been cloistered too long. He needs to visit among our churches. Can he find a congregation that refuses to fellowship those of other races? A very large percent of our congregations have a racially diverse membership.

• [21] I must note that my reading was not all in vain. I did find one paragraph about the commitment of the Apostle Paul that was biblical and helpful (p. 116).

• [22] The most disturbing thing about this worthless book is that its author works as a mentor of students at ACU. He works "mostly with Bible majors" (p. 31). This helps explain the growing number of congregations, staffed by ACU-trained preachers, that have abandoned the goal of being the Church revealed in the Bible. They have settled for being like the Christian Churches rather than the old biblical model.

John Waddey, Editor
Christianity: Then and Now

E-Mail: mailto:john.waddey@yahoo.com

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 70.197.165.187 on Mar 25, 2013 6:35 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sonny
(no login)

Re: "God Work" (by Randy Harris, ACU) — A Review (by JHW)

December 23 2010, 11:06 AM 

Still using an uncredible source?

[. . .]

-Sonny

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 170.141.177.53 on Dec 23, 2010 3:22 PM

Respond to this message   
Sonny
(no login)

December 23 2010, 3:29 PM 

[. . .]

-Sonny

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 170.141.177.53 on Dec 23, 2010 4:19 PM

Respond to this message   
Fred Whaley
(no login)

December 27 2010, 2:19 PM 

Sonny you said on the Vipers message that Doctor Crump is trying to muzzle Fred. It also looks like D.C. (Donnie Cruz) is trying to muzzle Sonny. happy.gif

This reminds me of the movie "A Few Good Men".

"You want the truth?" "You can't handle the truth!"

This also reminds me of the movie "Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction".

The truth about some Church of Christ preachers is stranger than anything that could be made up about them.

Fred Whaley

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

December 27 2010, 4:05 PM 

In A Few Good Men, Col. Jessep, who said, "You can't handle the truth" (which was nothing but defensive bravado), was arrested for initiating a "code red," which contributed to the death of a marine.

Therefore, I wouldn't use Jessep as an example of any kind of "truth." happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

You YOU endorse HARRIS?

December 23 2010, 3:32 PM 

Waddy gives you page numbers for his quotes.

I can only assume that you are a Harris disciple: he loves to fiddle around with the monks and other witchery places using Harris etal such as ACU and LU.

Harris helped write The Second Incarnation: Plato said that COWARDS receive their second incarnation as WOMMEN. Since all of the "performing" ROLES were performing the roles of women, and only males could be ministers of the Mother Goddess, they had to perform AS women. That was falsetto in the Sistine until the Pope got him a bunch of castrated French Opry singers.

Sorry, but the urge to MUSICATE in a religious sense was always identified as people who WANTED to be women.

You would never find JOHN doing quality time with the MONKS. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Sonny
(no login)

Re: You YOU endorse HARRIS?

December 23 2010, 4:03 PM 

No Brother Sublett, but Brother John Waddey has spent "quality time" (your phrase) on other things.

-Sonny

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 170.141.177.53 on Dec 23, 2010 5:12 PM

Respond to this message   
Sonny
(no login)

Either Do Not Use His Articles or Do Not Edit Messages Challenging His Credibility

December 23 2010, 3:56 PM 

Brother Cruz,

It is not my intention to continue discussing Brother John Waddey [. . .] except for the fact that you continue using him as a source.

If you are going to use him as a source, then why are you editing my remarks?

By editing you show that there is something to defend and hide.

It is interesting to me how an individual (Brother Waddey) and a site (Concerned Members) can be so adamant about attacking the character, faith and actions of others in the brotherhood, and yet, when the light is directed back on Brother Waddey, that is not acceptable, and thus, the message is edited to become "- [...] -" from even one sentence/statement [. . .].

This truly makes a source (this site) "uncredible".

Finally,

It is not my intention to list [. . .] and facts, not because they would be edited, but because it is not something positive to speak of. However, Brother Waddey has brought this on himself by his decisions and now judgmental articles and this site does the same when it uses those articles.

And again, if you have something to hide then do not use his articles. If you do not have anything to hide, do not edit messages challenging those articles and his credibility.

-Sonny

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 170.141.177.53 on Dec 23, 2010 5:55 PM

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Either Do Not Use His Articles or Do Not Edit Messages Challenging His Credibility

December 23 2010, 5:58 PM 

Sonny,

We're discussing doctrinal issues. Everyone has the freedom to use his particular source(s). Dave has posted articles written by prominent change agents. And we've discussed them. I use John Waddey's articles and reviews concerning beliefs and doctrines propagated and taught by change agents.

One objective of this site is to discuss doctrinal beliefs and issues confronting the church (especially those held by modern-day apostles of change) and are causing congregations to split or divide over unnecessarily.

You are smart and a wonderful communicator. And I respect you for that. If we simply continue to discuss doctrinal differences that often are causes or reasons for certain congregations to divide, then, there is nothing to be edited. You did not do that at the outset.

John Waddey is simply pointing out what the apostles of change are now teaching. That is his challenge. And you are invited to rebut his claims.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Either Do Not Use His Articles or Do Not Edit Messages Challenging His Credibility

December 24 2010, 9:10 AM 

I guess it all comes down to this: if Sonny doesn't want Donnie to edit his posts, then Sonny should refrain from making derogatory remarks about John Waddey that have nothing to do with the theme of this thread.

If a weatherman warns that a blizzard is coming, do you ignore him because, in your opinion, he puts his shoes on backwards?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

December 23 2010, 4:04 PM 

I could have easily predicted that Sonny would (and always will) say something derogatory in this matter.

If a meteorologist has an allegedly clouded past but states that a blizzard is definitely coming, do you blow him off as an "uncredible source" because of your personal bias against him? That's how ridiculous bias can become.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

December 23 2010, 4:15 PM 

Why not?

"Harris and the school he serves are both leaders in the Change Movement now damaging the church."

Thanks to brother Waddey for confirming the truth that the change agents (Randy Harris, et al) are continuing to destroy and damage the church. It is pretty revealing for a change agent like Randy Harris to proudly admit and claim to be a panentheist, "dabbling in mysticism and other 'spiritual' practices borrowed from" the New Age, medieval Catholic and eastern religions. And Harris, a Bible teacher, working "as a mentor of students at ACU"? Randy Harris, who feels that the historic evidence for the resurrection of Christ is not compelling, asserting that: "It is somewhere between Elvis at the 7-11 and the Gettysburg Address." And Harris working "mostly with Bible majors"?

Is it any wonder that some churches with "preachers" trained by change agents are experiencing such a church identity crisis?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

December 23 2010, 6:02 PM 

Is Harris implying that if man cannot find physical, tangible, non-biblical evidence that Christ rose from the dead, then the resurrection lies "somewhere between Elvis at the 7-11 and the Gettysburg Address"? If so, then that implies the resurrection is nothing but a myth. People who are that doubtful but yet teach at church-affiliated universities would perhaps prefer to be called professors of "Christian mythology."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Mother Lowrey at Lipscomb

December 23 2010, 5:55 PM 

Rhonda Lowery ex Fuller Theological is promoting SPIRITUAL FORMATION at Lipscomb University

http://www.piney.com/David.Lipscomb.Council.2009.html

http://www.piney.com/David.Lipscomb.Summer.2008.html

"Rivers of Living Water: The Savior and the Spirit in John's Gospel" is the theme of Summer Celebration 2009, set for July 1-3 on the Lipscomb University campus.

The free, three-day lecture series features keynote speakers Buddy Bell, Mike Cope, Rich Little, Rubel Shelly, James Waugh and John York. In addition, more than 100 inspiring and practical sessions led by dynamic speakers from across the country including Lynn Anderson, Randy Harris, Rhonda Lowry, Cassandra Martin and Patrick Mead will be offered.

These have progressed into somethiing like witchcraft: in fact Lynn Anderson, honored a year or so back is the FATHER of navigating the winds of change lifting the whole patternism of Wicca.

These people are so ethically and Biblically illiterate that Jesus gave them their Phd: He said "doctors of the law take away the key to knowledge." They CANNOT blush: it is like old Goober getting enough snake handlers to convince you that he is a brain surgeon: after all they must have removed their own.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter