"The Liberal Mind and Method" (by John Waddey)January 12 2011 at 4:09 AM
|Donnie Cruz (Login Donnie.Cruz)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
The Liberal Mind and Method
Liberalism is a philosophy or world view. In many ways, it is like a religion. It had its origin in regions far from heaven. It intrudes into every aspect of life, including Christianity. Liberalism is a religion that knows nothing of humility. Rather, it genders vanity, pride, and arrogance (I Tim. 3:6).
Where Is the Outrage?
Where we should hear the crashing thunder of protest, there is silence and wringing of hands about what is happening in the church. Preachers, who should be arming themselves for the battle, are calculating their job security and longevity. Jesus was outraged when he saw evil men encamped in the temple of God, peddling their merchandise (Mark 11:15-17). Should not we feel the same outrage toward those hucksters of error who are promoting their change agenda in the Lord's church? JWH
- Liberals look at society and sees three classes of people. There are the benighted masses. Among them, there are those the liberals can manipulate for their own ends and purposes. They see themselves as the small band of well-favored, enlightened elites, who alone know what is best for humanity.
- Liberals are in the business of promoting new ideas and ways of doing things. They hate the traditions of the past. They are sure their new ideas are far superior to anything originating before their appearance.
- In their book, Lessons of History, Will and Ariel Durant wrote, "of every hundred new ideas, ninety nine or more will probably be inferior to the traditional responses which they (would) replace. No man, however brilliant or well-informed, can come in one lifetime into such fullness of understanding as to safely judge and dismiss the customs or institutions of his society, for these are the wisdom of generations, after centuries of experiment in the laboratory of history" (p. 35). This great lesson liberals have not learned, nor are they willing to concede it. To these self-anointed ones, the framework of Christianity, the doctrine and worship thereof, are not as wisely crafted as they would make them.
- Liberals think the church can only rise above mediocrity and reach her real potential when they fill the leadership roles. The majority of a congregation or the brotherhood must give way to the reasoning and influence of the more intelligent, better educated, and more sophisticated few of which they (liberals) are a part. While liberals nearly always consider themselves to be of a superior cut, they tend to assume that the majority who do not share or appreciate their visions are irrational, foolish, and prejudiced.
- One goal of liberals is to liberate other Christians from what they perceive to be unnecessary religious inhibitions and limitations. In practice, they teach their followers that man is not obliged to conform to God's will, especially in unpopular matters such as a cappella praise, belief in only one true church, etc.
- Thomas Sowell explains that, to liberals, "traditions are likely to be seen as the dead hand of the past, relics of a less enlightened age, and not the distilled experience of millions who face similar human vicissitudes before." "Past experience is discounted because of the great changes that have taken place since 'earlier and simpler times.'" (Thomas Sowell, The Vision of the Anointed, p. 118). This helps us to understand why our liberals are so dismissive of the pioneers of our back-to-the-Bible movement and why they are so scornful of our attempt to restore the faith of the early church. To their minds, how can anything that old be of current value?
- Liberals feel that the wishes of the general membership of the church must be ignored if they are going to be able to introduce their new perverse views and programs.
- Liberals act as though average Christians are incapable of understanding the real facts of Christianity, nor have they discovered the deeper meaning and experience of the faith. This deeper meaning can only be realized by giving heed to the liberal teacher's message.
- Another priority of liberals is to deconstruct, i.e., break down and destroy the beliefs and practices of the majority in the church. To accomplish this, they often ridicule their long-held faith as consisting of baseless myths and illusions of unenlightened minds. When the old faith has been sufficiently weakened and destroyed, then the liberal is left free to impose his agenda.
- Loyalty to Christ, his church, and his prescribed faith and worship is considered old fashioned, obsolete, pathetic by liberals. To them it is a real drag on the church. Hence it must be replaced with a new approach to faith and worship.
- Liberals reject the wisdom and experience of the many, insisting that their vision and judgment should replace it.
- Liberals search out extreme statements of the ill-informed, cranks, or of ultra conservatives and then treat them as representatives of all who are conservative. They highlight those unrepresentative statements to discredit those who reject their liberal agenda. They present themselves as the enlightened ones who alone are above such foolishness.
- Liberalism is a religion, but not the religion of Christ. Everything about the liberal agenda is contrary to the will of the Master. It is in competition with Christ. Its goal is to infiltrate and overtake congregations and those individuals it can capture. Like spiritual Babylon, liberalism traffics in the souls of men (Rev. 18:13).
- Where liberals succeed, Christianity suffers. Faithful Christians will reject the overtures of liberal apostles and refuse them a place in their midst. JWH
John Waddey, Editor
Christianity: Then and Now
No role and no dole makes shepherds who flee the flock to let in the wolves.
|January 12 2011, 1:30 PM |
PANIC IN THE END-TIMES:
"Nothing is clearer in history than the adoption by successful rebels of the methods They were accustomed to condemn in the forces they deposed."
- Will and Ariel Durant.
Thieves and "robbers of temples" do not want change: they just want the church house of widows.
Christ outlawed for the synagogue or Church of Christ in the Wilderness "vocal and instrumental rejoicing."
The word is translated ALARM or TRIUMPH OVER was prophesied to be used by JUDAS: the Judas Bag carried the mouthpieces of wind instruments. He was Judas Sicarri meaning assassin. The "team" was the early model of the old wineskins worship team and while entertaining the masses the goal was to SPOOK and turn the enemy into cowards. That is the David Patternism: the PRAISE or Halal word threatened the enemy (the owners of the land) that we will ROB, you then RAPE you and then we will RAPTURE you.
Almost ALL of the hireling-changelings have been SPOOKED because as soon as they get fired (again) they MAY want to get a job in a musicating church: the BEAST is not a quadraped animal: Theiron means "a NEW style of music or drama." I know of NO conservative preacher who has done much more than trot out the LAW of silence not knowing that God is silent ONLY to BABES and never the WISE (preachers, singers, instrument players.)
OUTLAWED FOR THE CHURCH OF CHRIST IN THE WILDERNESS
This is what the Judas' or final Sons of Perdition have done and here is a picture of their outlawed reproaches (Rom 15) as WINESKINNERS
Psa. 41:9 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
Psa. 41:10 But thou, O LORD, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them.
Psa. 41:11 By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.
All religious performers: Scribes and Pharisees Jesus called hypocrites and Christ named preachers, singers and instrument players are making the SOUNDS of God driving His enemies into Hell. It is LOGICAL that the masses of pulpits will be under the control of the Babylon Mother of Harlots (Rev 17) who uses lusted after FRUITS (same as in Amos) as speakers, singers and instrument players. John calls them SORCERERS and they will be cast alive into the lake of fire. Isaiah 30 makes the MARKS in sound and sight absolute.
TRIUMPH: Exsulto (exult- ),
A. In gen., to gambol about, move freely, expatiate: , to exult, rejoice exceedingly; to run riot, to revel; to vaunt, boast:
Of an orator or an oration, diffuse, prolix, corrupt (sell learning at retail)
Sno , I. Neutr., to make a noise, to sound, resound: aes sonit, the trumpet sounds, to sound, utter, give utterance to, speak, call, cry out, sing, pour forth, accompanies on the lyre, carmina nostra sonabunt, shall sing of, i. e. shall celebrate, praise, extol,
Contendo I. to stretch, stretch out vigorously, to draw tight, strain, Of stringed instruments, to tune by stretching the strings: Of weapons, to shoot, hurl, dart, throw, torment,
I know of no "conservative" preacher who will not hurt Piney or CM for posting the Biblical and Historical fact: even posters may be unwitting or half-wittingly trying to SILENCE the Word acting as JESTERS.
Jesus cast the musical minstrels out LIKE DUNG and consigned the pipers, dancers and singers to the MARKETPLACE or the agora. Paul said that the tiny few will go OUTSIDE the camp including the Agora to suffer reproaches BUT be the only ones called by the Gospel: "Come to me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I till give you REST." And "Come learn of ME."
Machiavelli also told the prince or "princes" how to confiscate other people's property: use force or prayer but "prayer rarely works." Hitler also used Wagner as his worship minister and boasted about how easily people gamble away their kingdom.
|January 21 2011, 12:35 PM |
How about locking this thread up too?
How about locking up all of them?
How about locking down the entire website?
|Dr. Bill Crump|
Re: Just wondering
|January 21 2011, 8:06 PM |
Dave would like to see this website shut down. Perhaps Dave should reconsider. If this website were shut down...
1. Dave would no longer have the joy of bashing and smearing those with whom he disagreed.
2. Dave would no longer have the opportunity to turn every thread into a Den of Vipers with his bashing and smearing.
Re: Just wondering
|January 21 2011, 8:23 PM |
This is the practical and fair solution -- locking up certain posters whose messages are not conducive to learning the Scripture or discussing doctrinal issues or warning peaceful congregations and brethren to reject the change agents' attempts and efforts at transforming the church, the bride of Christ, into Community Church-ism.
Re: "The Liberal Mind and Method" (by John Waddey)
|January 12 2011, 6:14 PM |
Amen Brother Waddey to your message packed with verses and a Scriptural message. Amen to your message centered on facts. Amen to your message centered on Christ.
I, for one, "feel the same outrage" for "all the hucksters." We do not need to break bread and break barriers. We need to erect walls of hostility.
The first bullet point is definitely an indisputable fact of common knowledge about liberals seeing three classes of people. No need for sighting any references there, or for any other points for that matter.
For the statement, "Liberalism is a religion, but not the religion of Christ.", couldn't the same be said for "conservatism?" I do not know of any sources where liberals or conservatives claim that such is a religion, but if Brother John Waddey says it is so of the liberals then, well, "It is so, and amen."
We here at concerned members are outraged and think you (our readers) should be informed and outraged. In fact, God is outraged at the lack of outrage. What is wrong with you people?! We at concerned members will not tolerate any tolerance much longer.
Forgotten: that the topic is not about conservatism as a religion
|January 12 2011, 9:01 PM |
Let's be honest here ... sincerely honest.
We know how troubled you are at the mention of YOUR "brother Waddey's name." We know how disgusted and disappointed you are that this website does not behave like a "church" that should be, according to your expectations, full of grace and love and truth. But we may not understand how to reconcile your true feelings about this site's messages and objectives and/with your claim to be a part of the: "we here at concerned members." Please help.
Know that we still welcome friendly and civil discussions -- and not personal attacks. So, spit out your disagreements. And let's discuss.
Honesty / Truth
|January 14 2011, 11:42 AM |
I am not troubled at the mention of Brother Waddey's name, but it is no secret I am disappointed in his messages. Not that it matters to him or you, because I am a "nobody" in each of your eyes, but I do consider him a brother in Christ. He is a mistaken brother, but a brother nonetheless. I find his teachings to be grossly erroneous and his "spiritual biography" laced with hypocrisy. John is a peculiar man and preacher. Despite his pride, arrogance, self-righteousness, blindness and legalism, I, his family, friends, and all other Christians, are to love him, forgive him, and try to persuade him. 2 Corinthians 5:11 - "Since, then, we know what it is to fear the LORD, we try to persuade men."
You said, "Let's be honest here."
O.k. Honesty - This site is all about personal attacks. Fruit/evidence - volumes about people listed as "change agents." Whereas, this site is not forthcoming and John is certainly not. Nevertheless, at a minimum his theological minutia drivel promoted on this site can be refuted by Sonny and others to the extent that you, the moderator, will allow. I do get the "feeling" that you are about to stop posting any of my messages, as you have not posted some/several in the past. This indeed is a laughing matter, for it shows the inconsistency and lack of transparency of this site. This site ruthlessly attacks the character of preachers about trivial matters in comparison to the character AND FRUIT of one of its own. Thus, when people stop reading anything from Sonny know that he has likely either DIED or been DENIED further posting rights by Brother Cruz.
HONESTY / TRUTH - I value these pillars, but when you live by these and are adamant about them without a humble and contrite heart and being an advocate of mercy, well, it might be wise to add the pillars of GRACE and MERCY. Yes, Jesus teaches us as Christians and churches to be FULL of grace and truth, not just truth.
|Dr. Bill Crump|
Re: Honesty / Truth
|January 14 2011, 3:46 PM |
Sonny says he is "disappointed" in Waddey's messages. All Waddey has done is to admonish churches of Christ to follow what Christ teaches in the New Testament and not try to change or modify those teachings so they will be more palatable to the masses. If Sonny is disappointed in that, then he is disappointed in the message of Christ.
If this site is a place for "personal attacks," as Sonny alleges, then Sonny is quite guilty for having attacked Waddey personally time and time again.
If some of Sonny's messages have not been posted, I can only surmise that the reason was because those messages were either not fit for Christian consumption or were off-topic. Donnie would be in a better position to elaborate.
BTW, some of my own messages have been rejected for posting, so Sonny really has no room to complain. Along that line, I would wager that many of Dave's and Fred's messages have also been rejected, given their generally hostile attitudes.
|January 14 2011, 10:47 PM |
In John Waddey's article (above):
There are 14 points
3 references to "Christ" total in 2 of the points (both toward the end)
3 Bible references total (1 Timothy 3:6, Revelation 18:13, Mark 11:15-17)
Brother Crump stated, "All Waddey has done is to admonish churches of Christ to follow what Christ teaches in the New Testament."
The facts speak for themselves. There is a whole lot of opinion of man in the article (above).
I would be thrilled to read where John Waddey has written or taught about stories of Jesus in the gospels SUCH AS the following:
-Matthew 9:9-13 (Jesus did not come for the righteous but the unrighteous. The sick need a doctor.)
-Matthew 18:21-35 (The servant being forgiven by the king for an enormous debt but refusing to forgive a fraction of such to another.)
-Matthew 21:28-32 (The tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom ahead of the religious self-righteous Pharisees.)
-Luke 7:36-50 (The sinful woman is forgiven by Jesus and Simon is upset. He who is forgiven much loves much. He who is forgiven little loves little.)
-Luke 15:11-32 (The foolish, wasteful son receives love and acceptance from his father instead of ridicule and rejection.)
-Luke 18:9-14 (The Pharisee does not go home justified because he does not see his need for mercy. The tax collector goes home justified because he begs for mercy.)
-John 5:42 (As part of Jesus reply to the Pharisees who are upset he has healed on the Sabbath, he says, "I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.")
-How about it John? If you are reading this...
I read your theological minutia drivel. Put off the old man and put on the new. Begin teaching Christ crucified. Teach the "GOOD" news of God's grace offered freely to all who will believe through Jesus. Do not make it harder (or easier) to be a Christian than Jesus and Scripture do. Do not add hoops and man-made rules where God has not. Do not preach a Pharisee gospel. This is my sincere encouragement and challenge to you brother.
Sonny's Solution: Ignore the Change Agents--Preach Christ to Them
|January 15 2011, 4:25 PM |
I'm certain that John Waddey would be very happy to spread the good news of Christ and salvation, if he were dealing with people who are outside of Christ. Of course, he preaches the gospel of Christ to those outside of Christ. (Oops! I forgot that Sonny would want Waddey to preach salvation to the change agents ... again. ) Haven't you noticed by now that John is/has been directing his messages towards:
It's too bad that John Waddey finds it necessary to address the issues confronting the church -- thanks to the subversive and divisive efforts of the change agents, the modern-day apostles of the Community Church Movement.
- Change agents operating to subvert, confuse and divide the church, as well as their efforts to "transform" the church into being just like any of "the other nations" (i.e., "the other denomiNATIONS")
----------------- and -----------------
- Congregations of the church of Christ, the bride of Christ, to warn them of the intrusive change agents and their activities?
The Sonny Ghost
|January 17 2011, 10:38 AM |
My hunch would be --denied-- if Sonny suddenly disappears. The Sonny Ghost would then have to intervene and haunt and reak havoc on this toxic place. D.C. if you think Sonny is too much to handle you ain't seen nothin' yet. You CAN muzzle Sonny BUT you shall NEVER control and overpower the SG!!!
Re: The Sonny Ghost
|January 17 2011, 11:18 PM |
I love your wit Brother Fred. Thanks for having my back.
Christ defines a liberal.
|January 12 2011, 9:44 PM |
BEHOLD, a king shall reign in righteousness, and princes shall rule in judgment. Isa 32:1
And a man shall be as an hiding place from the wind, and a covert from the tempest; as rivers of water in a dry place, as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land. Isa 32:2
And the eyes of them that see shall not be dim, and the ears of them that hear shall hearken. Isa 32:3
The heart also of the rash shall understand knowledge, and the tongue of the stammerers shall be ready to speak plainly. Isa 32:4
That chant to the sound of the viol, and invent to themselves instruments of musick, like David; Am.6:5
Chant is: Parat (h6527) paw-rat'; a prim. root; to scatter words, i. e. prate (or hum): - chant.
Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth:
and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth. Ge.11:9
The vile person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl said to be bountiful. Isa 32:5
A VILE PERSON IS LIKE THE WINESKIN OF THE WITCH OF ENDOR OR THE SOUNDING BRASS OF 1 COR. 13.
Nabal (h5036) naw-bawl'; from 5034; stupid; wicked (espec. impious): - fool (-ish, -ish man, -ish woman), vile person.
Nabel (h5034) to wilt; gen. to fall away, fail, faint; fig. to be foolish... make vile, wither..
Nebel (h5035) from 5034; a skin- bag for liquids (from collapsing when empty); hence a vase (as similar in shape when full); also a lyre (as having a body of like form): - bottle, pitcher, psaltery, vessel, viol
This has the same "wine skin" meaning of the Familiar Spirit of the Witch of Endor and the Sounding Brass Paul outlawed: these were echo chambers in the theater, tuned to certain tones and therefore WERE a form of pipe organ.
Here is the "praise" of David when he "made himself vile" trying to appease God:
Halal (h1984) haw-lal'; a prim. root; to be clear (orig. of sound, but usually of color); to shine; hence to make a show, to boast; and thus to be (clamorously) foolish; to rave; causat. to celebrate; also to stultify: - (make) boast (self), celebrate, commend, (deal, make), fool (- ish, -ly), glory, give [light], be (make, feign self) mad (against), give in marriage, [sing, be worthy of] praise, rage, renowned, shine.
A GOOD LIBERAL does not TAKE anything:
Nadiyb (h5081) naw-deeb'; from 5068; prop. voluntary, i. e. generous; hence, magnanimous; as noun, a grandee (sometimes a tyrant): - free, liberal (things), noble, prince, willing ([hearted]).
For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity,
to practise hypocrisy,
and to utter error against the Lord,
to make empty the soul of the hungry,
and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail. Isaiah 32:6
Yeah, and furthermore....
|January 12 2011, 10:38 PM |
Amen, and if they are still able to get up then they will feel the stiffness of bamboo across their backs.
We will have none of their 'love mentality' being spewed and echoed here at concernedmbers.
We know how to take care of their kind.
We will have none of it here!!!
We have been doing it THIS way for hundreds of years. It will be OUR way, or the highway.
We are committing our practices to those embraced by this country some 200 years ago, by the likes of Alexander Campbell, Barton W. Stone and Walter Scott of the American Restoration Movement. We still have the naysayers telling us that it doesn't resemble anything like that of the first century church.
So??? Neither does the worship of the happy clappy, cymbal clanging praise team lovers.
We have embodied the perfect day, with perfect songs, with the perfectly climate controlled, AND perfectly cushioned seated of houses of praise that needs NO tweaking by the liberals. The first day of the week is sanctified for everything we need to accomplish in this life. The rest of the week is for work and family. Our worship for the first day of the week means 1/7 of our life is purely and wholly dedicated to religion.
Don't mess with us!
|January 12 2011, 11:19 PM |
You forgot the HIGHEST TICKED PRICE FOR THE WORSHIP SHOW IN TOWN?
The liberals (in religion/politics) display their true color during....
|January 14 2011, 3:17 AM |
One of the many reports relating to the recent "memorial service" in Tucson, AZ:
Obama in Tucson: The Question of the Applause
So, is it any surprise what certain liberals do in "contemporary worship services" of certain liberal churches? As they perform the singy-clappy-clappy praise song: "Let Us Worship the Father. Let Us Worship the Father"? Or, as this is sung: "The Lord is in His holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him" (Hab. 2:20)?
"The heartbreaking events of this weekend," said one young lady, early on in the evening -- one of Gabby's interns. She got a round of enthusiastic applause. It kind of threw me. But it was just one of multiple rounds of applause to come -- they were a constant throughout, even before Obama, the headliner, rose to speak. A long line of dignitaries and the suddenly dignified, ordinary folks who happened to be proximate to the event, preceded him. And there was this weird applause throughout.
Applause rocked the house for Professor Gonzalez, who gave the Native American blessing (it seemed endless) at the beginning. . . .
[Well, as more and more "campfire praise" songs are in vogue in contemporary religion, "keep silence" songs are becoming extinct. OK, OK, OK. Times change!!! How do you feel when a hymn that was frequently sung only a few years ago would be introduced by the "contemporary Worship Leader" to the congregants ... with the "historical background" of that hymn narrated?]
|January 14 2011, 5:01 PM |
Habakkuk 2:20 The LORD is in his holy temple;
let all the earth be silent before him.
1 Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
2 Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
4 praise him with timbrel and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD
If neither your liberals or conservatives want to praise Him that is ok too....
40 I tell you, he replied, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.
|Dr. Bill Crump|
Re: PRAISE GOD!!!
|January 14 2011, 9:35 PM |
The verse Dave quoted is not from Luke 20:40, it is Luke 19:40. Furthermore, that verse mentions nothing about the disciples using musical instruments to praise God. They just praised God--period (see Luke 19:37, which says they praised God with a loud VOICE).
Cut off handclappers hands / cut off instrumental players hands
|January 14 2011, 6:30 PM |
Jesus says that if anyone's hand causes him to sin, cut it off. That pretty much settles it. Go around this Sunday at Madison during worship and start chopping. If someone raises their hands they lose their arms too.