Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: WOW Please consider

September 19 2012, 8:31 PM 

I can't judge Tim but this sounds like the usual "I can do ANYTHING but you can evaluate NOTHING."

The "love" weapon is also widely used.

I think he owes it to say which side of the keyboard he defends.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 166.248.81.50 on Sep 19, 2012 8:57 PM

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

September 20 2012, 10:49 AM 

I do believe the title of Waddey's article is a bit deceiving. He refers to those who were "once close to us." I really can not imagine, other than the name in front of the building, that those congregations where Waddey has preached and say, Madison in pre-2001 or Oak HIlls in pre-1998 would have much in common. In fact, I am sure that Waddey would have refused to fellowship either of these congregations as far back the 1980's or even 1960's, when Madison built their "Family Life Center" which stirred so much controversy. No, there really never was a time when Waddey and most in Churches of Christ were "once close" to each other.

Waddey, I am sure, is very close to the "Contending for the Faith" crowd which truly only recognizes themselves as the true church. If you have any difference of opinion with them on any issue, then you are "marked" and cast aside. I have seen this happen dozens of times over the years with the "Contending" crowd, and it continues even today.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

September 20 2012, 2:36 PM 

Does Tom know for a fact that Waddey refused to fellowship with Madison or Oak Hills at any time? It seems that Tom is actually saying, "This is how I think Waddey would respond, but in fact, I don't definitively know." In other words, Tom offers conjecture and his personal, biased opinion against Waddey as his "evidence."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 20 2012, 3:28 PM 

Bad attitude does not imply bad or false teachings.

Tom may remember that for a short time I had Ira North as Romans teacher in an ANTI school pretty much put together by Edward Fudge's father. Edward, like lots of people is now the OBVERSE side of the ANTI coin. So is Leroy Garrett.

If John ever bothered by the "family life center" it may be the case that he had more foresight than Ira. If you build a boastable church the Devil will take it away from you.

Ira fell for the Methodist Social gospel and, like most liberals and conservatives, do not know that the ekklesia of Christ is a SCHOOL (only) of the Word of Christ (only). It is not remotely possible to become a Social Services Institution (fix your marriage, fix your car) without abandoning the TEACHING-ONLY demand. The teachers are commanded to GO. They are to seek and save the lost spirits who will never, can never hear the Shepherd's voice from a flakey praise singer-musician.

The ONLY promise to the small groups is "come to Me all ye that labor (that music thingy) and are heavey laden (that music thingy) and I will give you REST meaning Stop the rhetoric, stop the music, stop it, stop it stop it.

I am working on a Grace Centered folly about the mansions in God's house. God's HOUSE is the Church of Christ:

domus ,I. a house, home (for syn. cf. aedes, casa, domicilium, habitatio; mansio, sedes, tectum, tugurium; aedificium, moles).
B. [select] A household, family, race (cf. the Gr. oikos, and the Heb.b. In philos lang., a philosophical school, sect, Cic. Ac. 1, 4; Sen. Ep. 29 fin.; id. Ben. 5, 15

The MANSIO means a RESTING PLACE. Tired spirits need Safe Houses from the World (for which Jesus does not pray) and the Wise Sophists (slick preachers, singers and instrument players) From WHOM God HIDES Himself.

manso , nis, f. maneo,
I. a staying, remaining, stay, continuance.
II. Transf. (post-Aug.), a place of abode, a dwelling, habitation.
1. Night-quarters, lodging-place, inn; also, as a measure of days' journeys, a stopping or haltingplace, station: deinde ad primam statim mansionem febrim nactus,

Paul made it clear that Disciples are "strangers and soujourners"

Hebrews 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
Hebrews 13:13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
Hebrews 13:14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

Hebrews 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
Hebrews 13:16 But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

So, we never test truth by character: it is very likely that people tend to dance to the tune of them that feed their face and give them a clap or too.

Respond to this message   
Racnor (short timer)
(no login)

September 20 2012, 5:24 PM 

"B", I hope this helps. You may want to read the whole thread. (page 12)

WHO THEN SHOULD LEAVE? (A PARABLE OF THE CHRISTIAN FAMILY)
March 18 2003 at 12:58 PM John Waddey (no login)
from IP address 199.91.33.254

John Waddey
(no login)
205.188.209.135 Response to Martha's Question March 25 2003, 1:26 PM

Dear Sis. Martha:

Yes, for a few months my wife and I worshiped at the Madison Church of Christ.

My little parable about the Christian Family was not written with the Madison Church specifically in mind. It was written for the scores of congregations all across the country who are experiencing problems from those who wish to introduced unscriptural changes to the faith, worship and practice of the church. I knew Bro. Ira North personally. I wrote for the Gospel Advocate when he was editor. He baptized many of my kinfolks.

I certainly wish no harm to the Madison church or any other congregation of God's people. I hope and pray that the leaders of that congregation will return to that committment to New Testament principles and loyalty to Christ that characterized the church in the days when Ira North and her first elders led her.

I remember Bro. North saying to me, "John, I love the Church of Christ. I am no liberal and I will fight for the church."

Those caught up in the throes of the change movement will end up in the same camp as the Christian Churches. Tragically, many of our change preachers and their congregations already have one foot inside that
camp. For this loss our hearts are heavy.

John Waddey

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

September 20 2012, 5:52 PM 

Racnor, you are right. As Ken likes to rightly say, it is as easy as reading black print on white paper. Dr. Crump only likes to read enough to call names and hurl accusations. Comprehension of facts and discussion of ideas seem lost on him.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

September 20 2012, 10:19 PM 

Tom denounces name-callers, yet he consistently blows a fuse and becomes quite the rabid name-caller himself when someone mentions "basement" in connection with the Alamo. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

September 20 2012, 7:55 PM 

Oddly, I don't see where Waddey said, "I will not fellowship with Madison ever again." In fact, he didn't even mention the words "fellowship" or "disfellowship." He wished no harm to Madison. The only reason not to fellowship with a congregation is if it supports unscriptural practices. You do realize that Waddey lives in Arizona, so he would not be worshipping at Madison currently. Got that, Tom?

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

September 20 2012, 8:28 PM 

I didn't know Racnor was such a fan of John Waddey that Racnor would keep a file of Waddey's posts where he could refer to them daily for inspiration. Good job!

Respond to this message   
Ken
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 20 2012, 9:21 PM 

Now, he's out of the closet. I was vereee impressed.

Respond to this message   
Racnor (short timer)
(no login)

'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer'

September 20 2012, 10:53 PM 

happy.gif See ya later.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter