Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

March 9 2011, 5:26 PM 

Is a cappella singing acceptable to God in a worship assembly?

No! Absolutely No, No, No. A Cappella is "after the Sistine Chapel." The pope returning from exile in France brought castrated opry singers to "perform" in the Sistine Chapel where using instruments in the "vicar of Christ's" presence in the OFFICIAL mass could not be used.

The castrated singers sang in the style of ORGANUM or after the pipe organ. The a cappellas would be a "musical worship team" replace the congregational singing of the whole to TEACH and ADMONISH with "that which is written."

When in the recent past the law outlawed the castrating of youth composers began composing "Trouser's Songs." This is what you hear in all modern performance singing by men who have submerged their masculine voice and are able to "thuse" both male and female.

They have FOOLED those who can be fooled with the invented word ACappella which is NOT related to congregational singing.

Remember that because of musical idolatry God abandoned the Jews to worship the starry host.

Remember that capella MARKS the worship of the stary host. Capella or Caper was a GOAT: they burnt the goats in Jerusalem instead of burning infants.

So, you have completed the cycle: the serpent bites its tail happy.gif

Remember that many end-time preacherlings lisp out the term Je Zeus making you THINK that they are speaking of Yeshuwa. They are saying Hail Zeus!

-Capella (Aix). The brightest star in the constellation of the Auriga, or Charioteer, and said to have been originally the nymph or goat who nursed the infant Zeus in Crete. See Amalthea; Zeus.

-Aix: , aix ourania in Com. as a source of mysterious and suspected wealth, in allusion to the horn of Amalthea, Cratin.244; ouranion aiga ploutophoron Com.Adesp.8 ; aix tên machairan (sc. hêure), of those who 'ask for trouble', Zen.1.27; aix oupô tetoken 'don't count your chickens before they are hatched'

-Delicatus, I. That gives pleasure, i. e. alluring, charming, delightful; luxurious, voluptuous. delicatiores in cantu flexiones, soft, tender, delicate (poet. and in post-Aug. prose):B. Transf., capella, Cat. 20, 10; cf.: puella tenellulo delicatior haedo,

-Capella , 2. As a term of reproach, a dirty fellow, Amm. 17, 12; 24, 8 (cf. canicula).II. A star on the left shoulder of the constellation Auriga (usu. called capra),

-Cancla , ae, f. dim. canis.
I. A small dog or bitch, Plin. 32, 7, 26, § 79.Hence,
B. Trop., of a passionate, quarrelsome woman, Plaut. Curc. 5, 1, 8; Gell. 4, 20, 3.\
In-snus D. Enthusiastic, enraptured, inspired: vates, Verg. A. 3, 443

Paul following Jesus said that worship must be IN THE SPIRIT (place) as opposed to IN THE FLESH (place) as the only way to MARK AND AVOID the Dogs which were CYNICS identified by their howling old style praise songs seeking to "devour" happy.gif the lambs..

Capella gave rise to the "goat songs" or people who got a goat as a prize for singing. It also gave rise to tragedy or the sad, tear-jerking songs we love so much.

Down hear we barbecue the capellas for after church. Capella is also called the 'Scape Goat.' Since truth is hidden in parables, isn't it funny that the Levites servied in that capacity and the capella or goats serve as Scape Goats for the congregation which lusts for them but do not want to receive the certain punishment.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address on Mar 9, 2011 5:37 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Re: No

March 9 2011, 5:56 PM 

Donnie C. pay attention to KEN'S words (Dave and Fred are not making this stuff up) - you know of "no church" which teaches that which is written.

Check whether your blue book or red book or gold book has any Biblical material commanded by Paul as "that which is written."

Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs are all WRITTEN: many of them are in the BOOK of Psalms. #150 is NOT a psalm, hymn or spiritual song.

There are 57 mizmors which Paul would see as the Greek "psalm." Only 50 of these were for common good and none of the ADD BY NAMING a musical instrument.

The Greek word PSALLO and all of its types was used by the translators of the Septuaging because THEY knew that psallo is first and foremost a MAKING WAR word of Apollo (Abaddon, Apollyon) making his bow string twang to send forth a singing arrow into a literal heart. Or, he might twang his lyre to send forth "a love arrow" into you. All of the psallo words used to PLAY a named stringed instrument ALL point to older males seducing a young male whose hairs had been "plucked." Paul alludes to them in Galatians 5 hoping their knife would slip and they would emasculate themselves.

There are only a few Hymns: Jesus and the Apostles "hymned a hymn" which is more like a prayer at Passover: the patternism is ONCE A YEAR: you hymn the hymn and GO OUT. These hallel hymns were NOT to be used as common enchantments or idols.

Spiritual songs are all "that which is written" you WILL NOT hear any of them this Sunday. The massed multitudes see "a law of singing" and are totally ignorant of the resource or purpose for singing: teaching and comfortint "With Scripture" says Paul in Romans 15.

One of the first HERESIES was the use of self-composed songs which the Catholic church condemned but could not stop even though "singing" was not congregational with organ accompaniment.

If you speak that which is written for our learning with ONE MIND and ONE MOUTH as the only way to glorify or praise god AT ANY TIME please let us all know. Only Psalmody Only Presbyterians make an attempt.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Ken is mistaken

March 21 2011, 1:04 PM 

Paul, in Acts 13:33-35 refers to two Psalms (and call them Psalms) that Ken would call a "miktam". Paul call Psalm 16 "another" psalm. Ken will not.

I'll stick with Paul

Respond to this message   
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Re: Ken is mistaken

March 21 2011, 2:03 PM 

I agree but a Michtam is not a "song" in the sense that it can be sung in a tuneful sense: Paul said SPEAK the Psalms. In Romans 15 "that which is written with one mind and one mouth."

The BOOK of Psalms contains several types of speech: Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs are DIRECTLY COMMANDED for TEACHING one another: not a warm-up act for the collection plate.

Acts 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Greek: 35 dioti kai en heter legei Ou dseis ton hosion sou idein diaphthoran:

Latin: [35] ideoque et alias dicit non dabis Sanctum tuum videre corruptionem

For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Psalm 16:10

(For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:) Ps 49:8
That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption. Psalm 49:9

"Mitchta of David" is a marginal note.

Psa 16:1 (Michtam of David.) PRESERVE me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.

The Septuagint calls it "a writing of David."

Psalm 16.1 Preserve me, God, for in you do I take refuge.

A Michtam is an ORATION or SPEAKING to communicate learning:

Psalm 16.1 oratio David exaudi Domine iustitiam meam intende deprecationem meam auribus percipe orationem meam non in labiis dolosis

Orto , nis, f. oro,
I. a speaking, speech, discourse, language
I. In gen., the connection of words to express thought: non est autem in verbo modus hic, sed in oratione, id est, in continuatione verborum,
II. In partic., formal language, artificial discourse, set speech (Opposite to sermo, ordinary speech, conversational language):
B. Prose (Opposite. to poetry): et in poëmatis et in oratione,

Pma ,
I. gen. plur. poëmatorum, Afran. ap. Non. 493, 9; cf. Charis. p. 114 P.: poëmatum, Suet. Gram. 23; Spart. Hadr. 14; dat. and abl. plur. usually poëmatis, Cic. Off. 3, 3, 15; Plaut. As. 1, 3, 22; Auct. Her. 4, 2, 3; but also poëmatibus, Suet. Tit. 3; App. Mag. 5), n., = poima, a composition in verse, a poem (freq. and class.; syn. carmen)

Carmen I. a tune, song; poem, verse; an oracular response, a prophecy; a form of incantation (cf.: cano, cantus, and canto). I. In gen., a tune, song, air, lay, strain, note, sound, both vocal and instrumental. 5. A magic formula, an incantation:.

So, the direct command, perfectly clear just by reading and defining words, is just what Christ commanded, Jesus commanded, Paul commanded and the historic church practiced for centuries

Respond to this message   
Fred Whaley
(no login)

There you have it Donnie!

March 10 2011, 9:25 AM 

Ken's answer is "NO" and "Absolutely no, no, no" to a cappella singing being acceptable worship.

Fred Whaley

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Cappella: Sacrificed to Bacchus: the old wineskin god.

March 10 2011, 1:01 PM 

The purpose for the Jews sacrificing GOATS as a burnt offering to appease Israel (the instrumental sect) is not clear. They burned infants just before Rick Atchley's (etal) use of 2 Chronicles 20 claim that "god commanded instrumental praise" and therefore launches headlong into first CAPELLA and then INSTRUMENTS to make a great noise.

Caper , pri, m. [cf. kapros, wild boar] ,
I. a he-goat, a goat. sacrificed to Bacchus (because injurious to the vine),
II. Transf., the odor of the armpits (cf. capra), Cat. 69, 6; imitated by Ovid, Ov. A. A. 3, 193 .--
B. A star in the left shoulder of the constellation Auriga (also called capella),
C. The name of a kind of fish found in the river Acheloüs said to make a grunting sound,

Sound like CCM?

God abandoned them to worship the STARRY HOST of which Capella is dominant. Therefore, Plutarch makes clear

Question VI What God is Worshipped by the Jews.

When all the company requested and earnestly begged it of him; first of all (says he), the time and manner of the greatest and most holy solemnity of the Jews is exactly agreeable to the holy rites of Bacchus; for that which they call the Fast they celebrate in the midst of the vintage, furnishing their tables with all sorts of fruits while they sit under tabernacles made of vines and ivy; and the day which immediately goes before this they call the day of Tabernacles.

Within a few days after they celebrate another feast, not darkly but openly, dedicated to Bacchus, for they have a feast amongst them called Kradephoria, from carrying palm-trees, and Thyrsophoria, when they enter into the temple carrying thyrsi.

What they do within I know not; but it is very probable that they perform the rites of Bacchus. First they have little trumpets, such as the Grecians used to have at their Bacchanalia to call upon their gods withal.

Others go before them playing upon harps, which they call Levites, whether so named from Lusius or Evius,--either word agrees with Bacchus.

And I suppose that their Sabbaths have some relation to Bacchus; for even now many call the Bacchi by the name of Sabbi, and they make use of that word at the celebration of Bacchus's orgies.

And this may be discovered out of Demosthenes and Menander. Nor would it be out of place, were any one to say that the name Sabbath was given to this feast from the agitation and excitement which the priests of Bacchus display.

You simply cannot believe that anyone who has made preaching a profession has any ability or interest or need to understand the text beyond defending the status-quo. Only wild predestined men are so smelly that they would take the CONDEMNATION of the Jews and use that as a PATTERNISM for their institute organized like a tower of Babel.

[linked image]

I am certain that no hireling-changeling willing to lie, cheat and steal from widows understands that no godly, non-tribe of Levi could enter into that inner court where you see the smoke ascending.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Satan Lurks

March 10 2011, 11:21 PM 

Fred asked the question "Is a cappella singing acceptable to God in a worship assembly?"
You answered....."No! Absolutely No, No, No. A Cappella is "after the Sistine Chapel."
Then you say "The a cappellas would be a "musical worship team" replace the congregational singing of the whole to TEACH and ADMONISH with "that which is written."

Ken, even though you aren't capable of comprehending you still need to UNDERSTAND......A capella is the same as congregational singing and you know it. You continue to want to sound like you know old English, a wanna-be phd, but you can't even handle simple grammar. So quit trying to sound intellectual; act like a man and answer the question by Fred.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

There, you don't have it at all, Fred (and Dave).

March 11 2011, 4:10 AM 

It is noteworthy that you quoted Ken's remarks that clearly make the distinction between:

(1) "A Cappella"
--------- and -----------
(2) Congregational singing.

It's sad and unfortunate that "a cappella" has become an expression to mean solely "without instruments." Yet historically, in the original sense of the expression, Ken has correctly and accurately identified it as being "after the Sistine Chapel" or "in the chapel," etc. Associated with that is the pope's Choir Boys or in modern times the Mormon Tabernacle Choir or the Baptist Choir. And the progressive "Church of Christ" Praise Team is not far and different from the aforementioned choir groups.

How would you, Fred and Dave, feel if the Roman Catholic Church's Choir Boys or the Mormon Tabernacle Choir or the Baptist Choir performed its musical numbers during your "worship" hour in your congregation?

That is the kind of music [choir performances], singing with or without instruments, that which the New Testament does not speak of as "woroship."

As I have explained over and over, Ken has no objection to congregational singing in which "speaking to yourselves in ... songs" or "teaching and admonishing one another in ... songs" [which implies an "assembly"] is involved. That is the directive specified in the commonly quoted passages -- Colossians 3:16; Ephesians 5:19.

One of the primary objectives in the assembly of saints is to "let the word of Christ dwell in you richly" (again: Col. 3:16). That is accomplished by "teaching and admonishing one another."

Do not add the professional services of the "Praise Team" to God's directive.

Do not add the use and PLAY of inanimate, lifeless musical devices to God's directive.

The change agents in the brotherhood are slick and subtle. Their motive is to start out with the "Praise Team" and graduate to instrumental music.

The Oak Hills Church (formerly "of Christ") did so according to plan -- "Praise Team" first; instrumental music ensued. It is now a Community Church.

The former Richland Hills Church of Christ did so according to plan -- "Praise Team" first; instrumental music ensued. Is the Richland Hills congregation a Community Church still clinging to be a church of Christ congregation? Or, does it want to belong to the Christian Church denomination?

Somewhat fortunately for the Madison church, it hasn't gone farther than using the services of the Praise Team. I would say that the plan to become a Community Church with IM was halted along the way.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Satan Lurks

March 11 2011, 7:45 AM 

Dave wrote of Ken: "You continue to want to sound like you know old English, a wanna-be phd [sic], but you can't even handle simple grammar." With as many grammatical errors as Dave has on display in the SGP thread, Dave is in NO position to criticize another person's grammar!

Here's just one more example: The correct way to write the abbreviation is "Ph.D.," NOT "phd."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

ACappella Fellas

March 11 2011, 1:13 PM 

Jimmy gave me great pain when I spelled Ph.D as "Phduh!" Nevertheless, it is a fact that there probably aren't any preachers trained as Liberal Artists or schools of preaching who knows or needs to know about the Old Testament story line or can define words as MINIMAL foundation for selling your BODY as a "doctor of the law."

Musical Worship Teams spell it ACappella and not a cappella (capella): This is to convince everyone that "a cappella" is Vocal only. Joseph Campbell in Myths we Live By spoke of "affect immages." When you have a church of Christ choir and call it ACappella conceiving to deceive they want to say that this is just "congregational singing." ACappella or ANY music team INTENDS to entertain: In Donnie's area they call it "Holy entertainment" A-PDC or after the purpose driven church which at the time imported a Tithing teacher who lusted for the time the churches could raise people from the dead. I understand the Founder upon which they rest their souls now claims to speak to the dead. LU is deeply into "Spiritual Formation" which believes that meditating on a word causes a spirit to speak to you "beyond the sacred pages." A giant outburst of demonism ia s sure sign: earthquakes WILL get worse and worse as we wobble through the elicptic of the galaxy again after about 6,500 years.

Congregational singing was never called "ACappella" but congregational singing: Paul said use ONE MIND and ONE MOUTH which leaves on room for any room for 5 mouths overpowering the OTHER mouths: we call them loud mouths and they WANT you to watch them PERFORM FOR you. Teaching or memorizing can be achieved by singing: it is not called worship in the ceremonial sense but DISCIPLING. A disciple of Christ goes to A School of Christ.

If you call Bible things by Bible names you break the knee caps of those Paul called dogs and John called sorcerers. Cuane Galles:

In late antiquity and in the early middle ages the (scholae cantorum) or chant schools attached to the cathedrals in Rome and in the great provincial cities were also the important centers of learning and music.

During this period the Roman chant school proved the great training ground for future popes and Saint Gregory the Great was among its most illustrious alumni. Besides music, it provided instruction in literature and philosophy and like the Ecclesiastical Academy (papal school of diplomacy) in our own time, served as the great training center of popes and Roman curialists.

A change in the Roman (schola cantorum) came about as a result of the Avignonese papacy or Babylonian Captivity as Luther called it. Whilst living in France the popes engaged French musicians who employed the (ars nova) or new polyphonic style. Pope Gregory XI (1370-1378), born Pierre Roger de Beaufort, bore a blue bend within a border of six red roses on a silver field.

When he ended the Babylonian Captivity by returning the papacy to Rome in 1377, he merged his group of French musicians with the (schola cantorum) which had remained in Rome.

As a result thereafter the papal singers, called the (collegio dei cappellani cantori della cappella pontificia), now expanded their repertoire to include polyphony as well as plainchant.

The fifteenth and sixteenth centuries proved a remarkable period in the choir's history: Its golden age lasted until the mid seventh century. Pope Sixtus IV (1471-1484), a Della Rovere who bore their uprooted golden oak on a blue field, founded the Sistine chapel as the fixed abode for ordinary papal ceremonies and ended the traditional peregrinations of the popes and their retinues to the various stational churches of Rome.

As a result his musicians came to be known popularly after the chapel in which they sang and so became the Sistine choir. The choir was the patronage of music.

The Catholic-Based churches called them "Levites" to assist the Pope as Christ or High Priest: they performed NATIONAL worship which never depended on the masses. As lat as the 1911 Catholic Encyclopedia it was unlawful to use the organ (only) in the presence of the Pope who performed FOR the masses. The NACC is is the mother of the hireling-changelings who appeal to the Levites and it is natural that all such teams or CHOIRS have no need for the people other than as spectators.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address on Mar 11, 2011 1:17 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Re: ACappella Fellas

March 11 2011, 2:09 PM 

What we might call music was teaching the message of Christ to the poor and illiterate: What some call ACappella is really "falsetto" which seeks to imitate the castrated boys and songs were written to fit that voice.

Before starting the service, the priest and deacons put off their clothes, which they use in their daily life. They wear other clothes sanctified by the prayer of the bishop and dedicated for the service of the Lord.

In the Old Testament, the high Priest's special dress represented his function as mediator between God and man1. Over the trousers, coat, girdle, and cap, worn by all priests, the high priests wore an EPHOD, a two piece apron reaching to his hips, made of royal colors (blue, purple, and scarlet), and sewed with gold thread. By two onyx stones bearing the names of the twelve tribes of Israel fastened to the shoulders of the ephod, he brought the whole nation before God in all his Priestly acts (Ex. 28:5-14).

You will remember that David had no right to wear the High Priest's Ephod. He further stripped off the Ephod or was effectively NAKED when he prophesied (soothsayed) with musical instruments and the camp follower girls.

David, and therefore the Musical Worship Teams boast (Shelly) that they can bring you into the presence of God: sometimes they wear robes or "stola" which was the garment of the prostitute. At all times they PLAY the role of Jesus Christ as High Priest. They claim, therefore to BE God standing in the holy place (of church architecture.)

[linked image]

2.... He also recounts a famous incident relating to Farinelli, in which a female audience member spontaneously cried out during a performance, "One God, one Farinelli!"

4 According to Angus Heriot, "one Spanish singer in the papal chapel, Padre Soto, first heard of in 1562, is referred to by Della Valle as one of the earliest of the castrati, but appears in the Vatican records as a falsettist,

5. It is often supposed that the rise of castrati in Italy was caused by the rise of opera. According to John Rosselli, however, castrati were not so much caused by opera as coincidental with it, nor did the taste for the castrato's voice immediately dominate the new form. According to Rosselli, "Chronology, if anything, might suggest that the popular taste for the castrato voice reflected in the singers chosen for opera was largely created by church practice. . . .
......A castrato sang the prologue and two female parts in Monteverdi's L'Orfeo at Mantua in 1607, but the lead part was sung by a tenor.

Several decades were to go by before the custom became established of having a castrato singing the protagonist's part" (147).

I have never heard of congregational singing SOWING DISCORD within the Church of Christ: performance falsetto's even without instruments drive out up to 1/2 of the "owners." I am not sure why many people RUN FROM THE HILLS but the persona of performance boy singers has NO exception in recorded history. The story of the "locusts" or muses may account for people with the Spirit Mark fleeing Babylon.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address on Mar 11, 2011 2:13 PM

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Same ole Same ole

March 11 2011, 2:45 PM 

William Crump, is this the spelling, grammar, and punctuation thread?
Didn't think so.
It is, however, another great chance for you to show that you could care less about the topic, and another great chance to try and get even because you feel someone has shown that your response to the thread is incorrect.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Same ole Same ole

March 11 2011, 9:01 PM 

That's OK, Dave. I do believe you were off-topic when you raved a bit about IM in the SGP thread and later told Donnie and me to keep our noses out of the "Sacred Text." Those comments had NOTHING to do with SGP, yet you wrote them anyway. Therefore, you are not in any position to say who is off-topic.

Since Dave's many examples of poor grammar are on exhibit in the SGP thread, we will not let him get away with criticizing anyone's grammar in this thread or anywhere else. If Dave had any sense, he would realize that he is the LAST person on this earth who should criticize anyone's grammar!

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Updated on ANATHEMA pointing to all religious performers dedicated to god.

March 14 2011, 11:02 PM 

People like to pronounce curses on you if you quote too much Bible in context, especially if you define words based on their meaning at the time of writing. The MYTHOS versus the LOGOS of post modernism doesn't worry about the text: they are tasked to write NEW MYTHS which always change with the culture. Culture is always that thing which is always changing on you.

Jesus was prepared to be the personified LOGOS and that is why He was so deadly on the musical minstrels. The neo-trinitarians or polytheists rely on the "spirit" person to guide them beyond the sacred pages: songs and sermons have no other meaning.

I have added the meaning of "Anathema" which is clearly defined as any performer: Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites defined by Christ in Ezekiel 33 as "speakers, singers and instrument players" have self-dedicated themselves in a restored ceremonial system depending on the Levites for their patternism. The Levites cursed by Jacob had no inheritance in Israel.

When people dedicate themselves pretending that they add glory and honor to the word of God, they have slipped beyond the pale and "cannot be redeemed" and must be burned. God didn't command burnt offerings or the accompanying exorcism music. Therefore, once you sell your body into that ANATHEMA you cannot be redeemed.

The Book of Enoch quoted extensively in the New Testament defines those who fell into the music trap as those for whom God comes in judgment for.

Jude 13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Jude 14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Jude 15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Jude 16 These are murmurers, complainers [blaming Fate], walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having mens persons in admiration because of advantage.

1113. goggustes, gong-goos-tace´; from 1111; a grumbler: murmurer.

1114. goes, go´-ace; from goaw goao (to wail); properly, a wizard (as muttering spells), i.e. (by implication) an imposter: seducer.

goês A. sorcerer, wizard, Phoronis 2, Hdt.2.33,4.105, Pl.R. 380d, Phld.Ir.p.29 W.; g. epôidos Ludias apo chthonos E.Ba.234 , cf. Hipp.1038; prob. f.l. for boêisiHdt.7.191.

Epôidos [epaidô] I.singing to or over: as Subst. an enchanter, Eur.: c. gen. acting as a charm for or against, Aesch., Plat. 2. pass. sung or said after, morphês epôidonc alled after this form,
II. in metre, epôidos, ho, a verse or passage returning at intervals, a chorus, burden, refrain, as in Theocr.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Again and again and again and again....

March 15 2011, 10:32 AM 

Ken, I noticed you said "People like to pronounce curses on you if you quote too much Bible in context, especially if you define words based on their meaning at the time of writing."

How about those people who label you as a hypocrite because you believe you know more than the translators, say for even the KJV (for those who worry about the NIV?) Ken, you quote more from Enoch and Greek mythology than you do from the Old and New Testaments. Ken, I do have to say this again from time to time so as to remind you.....Enoch and Greek mythology is not from the 66 books. Ground your hope on the very Words of God and people might respect you more. You speak about 'speaking that which is written' yet you do not do what you say. It is called being a hypocrite.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Again and again and again and again....

March 15 2011, 12:03 PM 

Dave wrote: "Enoch and Greek mythology is [sic] not from the 66 books."

That should be "Enoch and Greek mythology are not from the 66 books." A plural subject requires a plural verb.

BTW, the New Testament says of Enoch, "And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him" (Jude 1:14-15 KJV).

So at least one prophecy by Enoch IS found in the 66 books.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Response to dave from the Spelling "B"

March 15 2011, 11:31 AM 

Col. 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh,
......yet am I with you in the spirit,
......joying and beholding your order,
......and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.
Col. 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk ye in him:
Col. 2:7 Rooted and built up in him,
......and stablished in the faith, ye have been taught,
......abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Jesus didn't teach you to play instruments: he cast out the musical minstrels or flute players 'like dung' and consigned the pipers, singers and dancers to the marketplace where they sold other bodies and radishes.

Col. 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you
......through philosophy and vain deceit,
......after the tradition of men,
......after the rudiments of the WORLD,
......and not after Christ. (Philosophy, traditions, rudiments OF Christ.)

Jesus said He would not even PRAY for the WORLD and God HIDES Himself from the wise: Sophists meaninng self-speakers, singers and instrument players. So: you can be pretty smart is if speak where the Bible speaks and call Bible things by Bible names.

I have posted my ANATHEMA page which means any person or thing claiming dedication to god in a temple which cannot be redeemed and therefore must be burned.

Love of Jewish Sophistry

sophis-teia A. sophistry, D.S.12.53, Plu.2.78f, D.L.2.113, etc.; opp. sophia, Ph.1.10; s. mantikê, of Balaam, ib.609; title of work by Hermagoras of Amphipolis, Stoic.1.102: acc. to Poll.4.50, a barbarism, a sly trick, artifice, Eur., Thuc.; a stage-trick, claptrap, 3. a captious argument, a quibble, fallacy, sophism,

Diod. 12.53 [2] The leader of the embassy was Gorgias the rhetorician, who in eloquence far surpassed all his contemporaries. He was the first man to devise rules of rhetoric and so far excelled all other men in the instruction offered by the sophists that he received from his pupils a fee of one hundred minas.2 [3] Now when Gorgias had arrived in Athens and been introduced to the people in assembly, he discoursed to them upon the subject of the alliance, and by the novelty of his speech he filled the Athenians, who are by nature clever and fond of dialectic, with wonder.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Good Deal

March 15 2011, 3:25 PM 

Again, William, I am glad that I give you something to do in your retirement years.
Quick response. Keep up the good work.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Give Me Give Me

March 15 2011, 9:30 PM 

William, sign one those hardback 'Encyclopedia of New Year's Holidays Worldwide' and sent it my way. I want to see it, just not pay for it.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Life is GOOD!!!

March 15 2011, 9:39 PM 

I left out the "of" in my last sentence.

See William, you are not as ridiculous as you think.

I did put the comma in the last sentence again though. Keep working with me William. I could use your help with my grammar, and you still need my direction in rightly dividing the Word.
A win win situation (might be considered an incomplete sentence and win win may need a hyphen in there).

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site;

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter