Not Autonomous But Diocesan Churches of Christ (by John Waddey)March 20 2011 at 4:58 AM
|Donnie Cruz (Login Donnie.Cruz)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
The Change Movement!!! The "Change Agents" operating in the brotherhood!!! The "PROGRESSIVE" churches of Christ!!! Is it really all about the "instrumental music" conflict?
I don't think so. I'm sure that many have heard of the "boiling the frog" story. We can certainly relate this story to the mission and activities of the change agents in the church. It is a process. And this process involves subtlety, gradualism, incrementalism and progressivism. You will notice this process in action in the following article. [Emphases are mine: dc]
NOT AUTONOMOUS BUT DIOCESAN CHURCHES OF CHRIST
'Tis a true saying, that a small step off the correct path can take one miles from his desired destination. Some 25 years ago a few fearless souls associated with the Church of Christ began a bold experiment with a revised version of Christianity.
After sowing abundant seeds of doubt, they concluded the time was right to begin implementing the changes they envisioned and desired.
- The first small step was to launch a sustained program of criticism of the church, pointing out and magnifying every perceived weakness and failure.
- Then the criticism was extended to include our noble ancestors whom we oft describe as our restoration pioneers. Since ninety-seven percent of our people know little of our history and those who preceded them in the kingdom, that criticism was received without serious cross examination.
- They then began to float theoretical challenges to those principles of faith and worship held sacred among us. Questions were raised about our a cappella praise and our belief that baptism is essential to salvation (Mark 16:16). Doubts were created about our belief that denominationalism is sinful. They challenged our claim that we are not a denomination and that should we ever become such we would forfeit our standing with God. They questioned our understanding of the New Testament as a divinely given pattern by which we are to order our spiritual activities (II Tim. 1:13). They questioned our attempts to restore the ancient faith and worship of the church. They wondered if we had been too restrictive in not granting our women a public leadership role in the church (I Tim. 2:11-12). They speculated that we were far too strict in the moral standards we deduced from God's Word.
Paul observed that evil men and impostors wax worse and worse (II Tim. 3:13). Our experience demonstrates that false teachers likewise wax worse and worse. The first step off the Biblical path of truth has in one short generation led a multitude into the camp of denominationalism and away from the church of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In stealthy increments they began to change our musical worship. First came the vocal bands such as A Cappella. Then came the praise teams. Next were the soloists and special singing groups.
- When these were firmly entrenched, they launched their campaign for their real goal, the use of instrumental music in their worship. This is now established in several congregations.
- After undermining the faith of many in the ancient and simple gospel plan of salvation, they can now boldly preach salvation by grace through faith before and perhaps even without baptism.
- After many years of poking fun at what they perceived as our narrowness and praising the sweetness and respectability of our Evangelical neighbors, they now openly declare us to be a rather poor sectarian version of a denomination . They can now openly pursue a new station within denominational circles and acceptance by their Protestant neighbors.
- Having weakened the convictions of their followers in the sinfulness of instrumental music in worship, they are now openly pursuing reunification with Christian Churches. They are attempting to revise our history in order to blame our fathers for wrongly protesting and refusing instruments a century past.
- Having raised sufficient questions about the exclusive male leadership of the church, they are now ready to allow women a place in the public teaching ministry and congregational leadership.
- Having rejected the concept of the Scripture as a heaven-given pattern for the church, they have now taken another major step away from the path of truth. Following the lead of their religious neighbors with an episcopal form of government some have begun what they identify as "multi-site" or satellite congregations. They no longer accept that each congregation is separate, independent and self-governing. They no longer believe that elders have authority only over the flock among them (I Pet. 5:1-2) and are thus limited to feeding the church over which they have been appointed (Acts 20:28). They no longer think that there should be elders in every church (Acts 14:26). We now see evolving a repetition of the error of diocesan bishops that occurred in the second century and eventuated in the Roman Catholic Church "and what shall be the end thereof?" "A diocese is an ecclesiastical administrative territory subject to the jurisdiction of a bishop" (Westminster Dict. Of Church History). Following the Apostles, in the second century, powerful and influential church leaders rose to dominance over the other elders of their congregation. The more ambitious of them aspired to manage other churches in their cities. Hence they were called metropolitans. As circumstances allowed, they claimed administrative control of other congregations, especially those they planted. This post-apostolic form of government is known as "episcopal" which is the governing form of the Roman Catholic, Episcopal, Methodist and other churches. When a strong dominant preacher leads his elders to pursue such a course, he is repeating the sinful mistake of those early metropolitans.
John Waddey, Editor
Christianity: Then and Now
|March 20 2011, 4:55 PM |
Probably Max Lucado started the concept that they were the MOTHER church with the intention of starting daughter or sattelite congregations.
Consistent with the MISSIONAL fad, these will be instrumental. Even when they are "liberal" to PERMIT you to continue to meet in a pseudo- Church of Christ without instruments, the monies will be directed to defacto Christian Churches or Baptist Churches. If all of the Racaizing John listed and is correct, eminent domain gives them the right to confiscate your decadent and deleterious dogma (rotten and destructive for the translators)
Rather than three congregations, Richland Hills can count ALL of the campus' numbers and make it seem like they have recovered from the instrumental invasion of the body snatchers.
There is no doubt that the patternists and dominate "thought leader" is Max Lucado and his small band of look-alikes.
They are no longer counted as churches of Christ and in fact they never were: Max Lucado Baptist slanted and Rick Atchley (borned as a Christian churcher).
Don't even them: they have devoted themselves to ANATHEMA with no turning back. That is why not having the MARK will get you cast out of their synagogues (forums).
The ANATHEMA absolutely applies to any CLERGY: preacher, singer, instrument player, dancer or actor (Jesus called them hypocrites) who PRESUME to stand in a "holy place" (podium) claiming to ADORN or ENHANCE the Word of God. They have Divine Permission to do this but they are DESTINED for Burning as the Bible makes clear in specific terms. Don't let it bother you that they mumble some mantra proving that they cannot read or hear: it's Christ driving His enemies into Hell to the beat of wind, string and percussion instruments. Like beasts they can do nothing but growl and bark. I have lots more PROOF on this:
Remembering that Stephen got murdered for denying that the Temple was from God:
, (anatithmi) A. that which is set up: hence, like agalma, votive offering set up in a temple, Hdt.1.14,92, S.Ant.286, etc.; a. ek leitourgin Lys.26.4. 2. used by Hom. only in first sense of agalma, delight, ornament, molp t' orkhstus, leitourg-ia III. public service of the gods, the service or ministry of priests
-Agalma , A. glory, delight, honour, 2. pleasing gift, esp. for the gods, of a bull adorned for sacrifice, Khares (GRACE). kun, because sacred to her, dogs sacrificed to Hekates: musical catemites in Philippians 3. Devoted to Apollo, Abaddon, Apollyon.
Molp- , h(, (melp) (melody with clapping and grinding)
A. dance or rhythmic movement with song, Od. 6.101, Il.18.606.
2. more freq. song, orchestra, Pipes, klangs
This is well documented in the literature and referred to by the Bible writers:
Hom. Od. 1.125 Youths pouring out the Wine Cups Dear stranger, wilt thou be wroth with me for the word that I shall say? These men care for things like these, the lyre and song,  full easily, seeing that without atonement they devour the livelihood of another, of a man whose white bones, it may be, rot in the rain as they lie upon the mainland, or the wave rolls them in the sea.
When Jericho heard the TRUMPET SOUNDS (wind instruments) they had been DEVOTED TO DESTRUCTION:
Joshua 6:17 And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent.
When you hear those sounds and you are not submitted in REVERENCE and GODLY fear you can know that you have CLAIMED to be devoted to God and terminally presumptious, you cannot be redeemed.
Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, His Spirit returned to God Who gave it.
and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Hebrews 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
Hebrews 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
Hebrews 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
Hebrews 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.