Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Good News!

April 28 2011, 2:36 PM 

Dave must be really looking to stir up some trouble. Ken had just been talking about Romans. Then he said he had Ira North in sixth grade Bible: Romans. It looks to me like Ken studied Romans in sixth grade Bible and had Ira North for a teacher. I don't think Ken cut himself off; it looks like he just forgot to put a period at the end of his sentence.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublet
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Someone missing their Period?

April 28 2011, 2:47 PM 

Yes, I noticed the missing period but I don't think that would have helped.

I am not sure that a one word clause is legal.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Someone missing their Period?

April 28 2011, 3:21 PM 

If you had ended your statement with a period before "Romans" and then added a period after "Romans," that would have been incorrect: "I had Ira North in 6th grade Bible. Romans." The clause followed by a colon introduces the example of what North taught: "I had Ira North in sixth grade Bible: Romans."

"There are only two main uses for the colon in everyday writing. Both require an independent clause, also known as a complete sentence, before the colon. The first use is when introducing a list, and the second is when introducing an explanation or example." (Source: http://www.suite101.com/content/how-to-use-a-colon-and-semicolon-a77935

You have an independent clause before the colon, followed by a one-word example, "Romans." I see no problem with that.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

We Shall See!

April 28 2011, 3:25 PM 

Ken said...."All of you musicators, says Christ, have no light in you."

Where, in the Scriptures (not including your Greek mythology and Enoch) do you find where Christ said that? Please Ken, give verbatim where Christ says, SPECIFICALLY, that musicators have no light in them. No Ken interpretation is allowed.

THIS......should be good.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublet
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Simple

April 28 2011, 4:47 PM 

To the law and to the testimony:
....if they speak not according to this word,
it is because there is no light in them. Isa 8:20

Christ inspired that: the Law of Moses says nothing about instrumental music EVEN for the not-commanded sacrificial system.

If you don't speak where the Law speaks it is because "there is no light in you."

The Testimony is specificially the prophets.
ALL of the prophets by Christ CONDEMN instruments as the MARK of people refusing to teach the Word of God and therefore the CAUSE of captivity and death.

Revelation 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

You speak CONTRARY to all of the prophets
Therefore, Christ says there3 is no light in you.

http://www.piney.com/Isaiah.8.html

There is not a SINGLE Bible "scholar" who knows or needs to know what Christ said because they speeak according to the "lying pen of the Scribes" who defined the CIIVIL-MILITARY-PRIESTLY complex which had nothing to do with civillians.

Isa 8:19And when they shall say unto you,
....Seek unto them that have familiar spirits,
....and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter:
....should not a people seek unto their God?
....for the living to the dead?

Israel had a Covenent with Death: that is the covenant promoted by ALL of the scholars who deny that Amos said anything against instruments.

"The spirits were thought to speak in murmurings or piping sounds (Isa 8:19), which could be imitated by the medium (ventriloquist)...Most spiritual and popular was the interpretation of dreams.

It also was the case that mediums intentionally would convert themselves into a semi-waking trance. In this way the suitable mediums attained to a certain kind of clairvoyance, found among various peoples. This approaches the condition of an ecstatically aroused pseudo-prophet.. In Greece, too, oracles were pronounced by the Phythian prophetess who by vapors and the like was aroused to a practice of the mantic art. (Int Std Bible Ency, p. 2466)

Jude 16 These are murmurers, complainers [blaming Fate], walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having mens persons in admiration because of advantage.

Goês A. sorcerer, wizard, Phoronis 2, Hdt.2.33,4.105, Pl.R. 380d, Phld.Ir.p.29 W.; g. epôidos Ludias apo chthonos E.Ba.234 , Hdt.7.191.cf. Hipp.1038; prob. f.l. for boêisi

boêisi [.loud cry, shout, in Hom. mostly battle-cry, shout, murmur of a croud, song of joy, roar of the sea, sounds of musical instruments

They are SORCERERS says John in Revelation 18 off limits to the misleaders.

"In Isa 8:19 the 'obhoth and yidh'onim are spoken of those who 'chirp and mutter." These terms refer to the necromancers themselves who practiced ventriloquism in connection with their magical rites. In Isa 29:4 it is said 'Thy voice shall be as an 'obh, out of the ground.'... They are stamped in these passages, as in the Witch of Endor narrative, as deceivers practising a fraudulent art. By implication their power to evoke spirits with whom they were in familiar intercourse is denied." (Int Std Bible Ency., ency, p. 690)

Those who have NO LIGHT IN THEM also repudiate baptism which GIVES the Light of A holy spirit.

Respond to this message   
Rocky
(no login)

Re: We Shall See!

April 28 2011, 6:01 PM 

Kenterpretation wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Law of Moses Says Nothing

April 29 2011, 2:38 AM 

The contrast is between the law of Moses (Acts 13:39) and the law of Christ (Gal. 6:2).

The New Testament says NOTHING about mechanically operating musical devices in the assembly of saints. Christians are under the law of Christ -- it says nothing about instrumental music in the gathering of saints: (1) it is not commanded by God; (2) even if man thinks so, its authorization or approval is not God-granted; (3) even if man believes so, there is no proof of God being pleased with this extraneous, entertaining activity.

(Meanwhile, instrumental music idolaters are now thinking: "But instrumental music was commanded and practiced in the Olden Testament era.")

Not so fast, folks.

It is the truth: even the law of Moses says NOTHING about instrumental music. Just as under the law of Christ, the law of Moses says nothing about instrumental music in the gathering of God's followers: (1) it was not commanded by God; (2) even if man thinks so, its authorization or approval was not God-granted; (3) even if man believes so, there is no proof of God being pleased with this extraneous, entertaining activity.

Remember that the book of Psalms is one of the books of poetry associated with suffering, songs, wisdom, etc.--the others are Job, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon.

Psalm 150 is a poetry: "Praise him in the firmament of his power ... with the sound of the trumpet ... with the timbrel and dance.... Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord...." Dave, be sure to keep your trumpet or the piano or the organ handy--don't leave home without it. Poetry in that "let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord" [I can't possibly count all of God's LIVING creatures praising God].

Psalm 98:8 is a poetry: "Let the floods clap their hands: let the hills be joyful together."

Isa. 55:12 sounds poetic: "For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands."

It's really all that simple when the saints gather to teach and admonish one another in songs: "LET THE WORD OF CHRIST DWELL IN YOU RICHLY."

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

About Taking Notes

April 29 2011, 3:41 AM 

Sonny (no login) 99.186.93.107
Re: From Jimmy Joe: A little off subject but I have a question
April 26 2011, 7:11 PM

Brother Cruz,

Can you please elaborate on your point about taking notes, followed by a face smiling? What were you specifically trying to communicate?

-Sonny

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonny,

So, I have gotten your attention. Jimmy Joe's remark got my attention, too. He said: "I know you were there [at 'the 10:30 Easter service'] as I checked the critics pew late in the service."

I think you have a pretty good idea of what I was communicating. You see, during the upheaval at Madison, I was accused of being merely a "reporter" for CM. Yes, I was constantly taking notes (and still am) as "his custom was" (cf. Luke 4:16), with 95% of my notes [unbeknownst to the observers of "this critic"] pertaining to the sermon. But occasionally, I would write down "religious jokes" from the sermon, etc., and how well the Praise Team performed their special numbers. BTW, I use the "worship guide" for taking notes. It's easy and convenient to do this, e.g., when the "worship leader" leads "praise" songs such as: "Clap Your Hands" or "I Need You More ... more than yesterday, I need You more, more than words can say...."

Again, they're mostly sermon notes. And hardly do we see supposedly Bible students taking notes these days!

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

And I Will Sale You Some Ocean-Front Property in Arizona

April 29 2011, 11:17 AM 

So we got Ken making false claims that Jesus said something that He didn't say. We have Donnie, the church reporter spreading the rumors. We have William Crump just generally babbling on about anything from spelling and grammar and anything else that would be secular.

What about a lively conversation about the royal wedding? Just don't claim to be concerned about people's souls, which you certainly are not.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublet
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: And I Will Sale You Some Ocean-Front Property in Arizona

April 29 2011, 11:59 AM 

They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that
the LORD Almighty had sent by his Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the LORD Almighty was very angry. Zechariah 7:12

2Cor. 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, [Baptism]
....the vail shall be taken away. [Receiving A holy spirit]
2Cor. 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
2Cor. 3:18 But we all,
....with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord,
....are changed into the same image from glory to glory,
....even as by the Spirit of the Lord

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify,
when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. 1 Peter 1:1

And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Rev 19:10

Christ spoke through toe prophets only in a spiritual sense
Jesus of Nazareth fulfiled these prophecies and therefore:

The Church is built upon the foundation of the Prophets and Apostles Christ Jesus being the Chief Cornerstone.

Christ repudiated the Scribes and Pharisees (hypocrits meaning speakers, singers, instrument players.)

Jesus did not commend any of the Law or Writings for HIS school (only) of His Word (onl). The NAME of the Spirit is "Jesus Christ the Righteous" now in His post glorified body. There is only ONE name by which you must be saved: not the sermon or song writers.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: And I Will Sale [sic] You Some Ocean-Front Property in Arizona

April 29 2011, 8:24 PM 

I'm glad Dave mentioned spelling and grammar, because there's a correction to be made. Dave's message title reads, "And I Will Sale [sic] You Some Ocean-Front Property in Arizona." That should read, "And I Will Sell You Some Ocean-Front Property in Arizona."

Does "Rocky" have a problem with that? Perhaps he wants some ACTION taken on that alleged distrACTION. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Rocky
(no login)

April 30 2011, 12:21 AM 

What does SGP have to do with this thread? Dr. Crump is out of control. Is it too much to ask that his antics be contained in another thread? If you can't tuck this baby away at least contain it. JMHO.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

April 30 2011, 9:16 AM 

"Rocky," your emotions are out of control. The answer is very simple: DON'T READ WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE. You're like the pro-choice person who sees a huge "Pro Life" sign in someone's yard and demands that the sign be torn down, because the pro-choice person despises it. Don't look at the sign! Likewise, get a grip here, man!

Respond to this message   
Rocky
(no login)

Re: And I Will Sail You Some Ocean-Front Property in Arizona

April 30 2011, 10:18 AM 

Perhaps Rocky asks for too much. Rocky will be taking a very well deserved break from this forum. Rocky may return at some point in the future. Later gentlemen.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: And I Will Sail [sic] You Some Ocean-Front Property in Arizona

April 30 2011, 11:48 AM 

That sounds like a wise, mature move.

BTW, it's "Sell," not "Sail"; "a well-deserved break," not "a well deserved break"; and "Later, gentlemen," not "Later gentlemen." See the SGP thread for explanations and references. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

April 30 2011, 11:35 AM 

"Rocky" complains that correcting someone's grammar (especially his own) is a "distraction." That, of course, is just his opinion. I've noted that "Rocky" doesn't complain about Fred's gibberish laced with Elmer Fudd lingo. Surely that "distracts" a thread. Shouldn't "Rocky" request that some ACTION be taken about that? Shouldn't idiocy like that be "confined" to a special thread? But no, "Rocky" only wants grammatical corrections curtailed or limited in scope, because they offend him. "Rocky" couldn't care less about Fred's Elmer Fudd nonsense, because it's aimed at Dr. Crump, not "Rocky."

So it would appear that "Rocky" would impose a double standard here at CM: brand grammatical corrections as "distractions" and rein them in, but turn a blind eye to other "distractions" like Elmer Fudd foolishness that ridicule those with whom "Rocky" disagrees.

Again, the answer is simple: IF SOMETHING BOTHERS YOU HERE, DON'T READ IT!

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Who??

May 1 2011, 8:02 AM 

William Crump rants and raves on in his last two posts like a six year old throwing a fit, and yet he starts his next to last thread off by saying...."That sounds like a wise, mature move."

William, you should have finished it with 'do as I say, not as I do."

Right?

Oh, William, not to knock you off your castle wall (again), but the "Sail" (sic) spelling in the message title was just to see if you would fall for it.
You did.....hook, line, and sinker.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Who??

May 1 2011, 12:39 PM 

Yes, I figured that "Rocky" would get in at least one last grammatical error as a parting shot before leaving. Being corrected was too much for him, so he left. Parting shot or not, "Rocky's" obviously deliberate error as well as his other errors (his failure to use a hyphen and a comma as I previously indicated) deserved to be corrected. Were those other two errors also deliberate? I think "Rocky" was totally clueless about them; had I not mentioned them, Dave would have been just as clueless.

Speaking of maturity, Dave has given us only half of his real name. Some would say he's only half mature; others would say, "Half a name, half a wit (half-wit)."

Let Dave amuse himself and rave about that for the rest of the week. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Sonny
(no login)

Hosanna!

May 1 2011, 10:58 PM 

If Brother Crump and Brother Waddey are the most spiritual and Christ-like men we have in the brotherhood, "Lord, save us!"

-Sonny

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Hosanna!

May 2 2011, 8:18 AM 

Try this one. Evidently Sonny believes that a person who uses Elmer Fudd lingo to smear someone is Christ-like.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter