Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Building Up

May 14 2011 at 9:39 AM
Dave  (no login)
from IP address

Building UP and not tearing down.
2 Corinthians 13:10
This is why I write these things when I am absent, that when I come I may not have to be harsh in my use of authoritythe authority the Lord gave me for building you up, not for tearing you down.

Ephesians 4:29
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

List to what the Scriptures say in Revelations about the church in Thyatira
Revelation 2
18 To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:

These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze. 19 I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.

It begins, as with the other churches do, with an exhortation.

Even though Thyatira was where the evil one Jezebel worhshipped, it doesn't start out with condemnation. Why?
Because, as the Scriptures point out, it is better to hold up the bride of our Lord to be blessed, with the good it is doing, rather than condemn it for the bad that was going on.

So what is this concernedmembers site good for?

They believe in condemnation instead of exhortation.
Even Paul, with his authority and inspiration from God, knew that.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Building Up

May 14 2011, 9:52 PM 

I really don't think that someone who puts "curses" on those with whom he disagrees is exactly building people up. On the contrary, it is the epitome (not epitamy) of tearing people down. Even more abominable is the person who implies that those who disagree with him bash the Lord's church and are bound for hell. Someone like that, my friends, has a raging god complex.

It is utter hypocrisy for someone with such a god complex, who persistently tears others down with his "curses," to turn around and quote Scripture that admonishes us to build others up! Such unspeakable hypocrisy is absolutely beyond comprehension in a civilized, educated society!

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

Building Up: Matters to Consider

May 14 2011, 11:11 PM 

This is an excellent topic to discuss. However, "building up" is such a broad subject, and/but it can be narrowed down to specifics in reference to, e.g., the family, an organization, the church, a local congregation, etc.

You referenced in Rev. 2:18 one (Thyatira) of the churches discussed in this chapter, which are also listed in Rev. 1: "the seven churches which are in Asia; Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamos, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

Since you mentioned "Thyatira," one of the churches in Asia, are you suggesting that ConcernedMembers is a church? I hope not. CM is not a church; it's not even a religious online publication. Rather, it is a religious forum. It was originally designed by the owners with the intent to combat the evil efforts of change agents operating in the brotherhood to alter, modify, restructure the church, even to the extent of rewriting the history of the Restoration Movement.

ConcernedMembers' beginning coincided with [perhaps quite a bit late for it] the Rick Warren-Bill Hybels era of the Community Church Movement expansion. If you think that Community Church-ism was affecting only the denominational world, but not the church of Christ, you are deluded. In fact, Rick Warren was a former Baptist pastor and is now the senior pastor of the famous Saddleback Community Church in CA. Bill Hybels is the current leader of the famous Willow Creek Association of Community Churches, with which a few "former" churches of Christ are now affiliated.

In the case of the Madison congregation, a few of its leaders were actually commissioned to visit and learn lessons about the numerical church growth of the Saddleback Community Church. So they went and came back invigorated and inspired to apply "lessons learned" and implement them ever so subtly and gradually and methodically in the church's program. (You can read about what happened from the various threads of this site.) Remember that some of our "mega" churches -- targets of the change agents -- were way ahead of Madison. And many readers and many in the brotherhood are now cognizant of the results of the change agents' efforts at Oak Hills, Richland Hills, etc.

Who knows what could have happened at Madison without some intervention? Madison's leaders, at/about the time of the upheaval, could have very well succumbed to the change agents' overall culture-driven "growing the church" SCHEME. Thanks, SO FAR, that Madison, although divided between "traditional" and "contemporary" groups, has not gone "instrumental." The farthest it's gone was the employment of the professional services of the elite "Praise Team" and, along with that, the "worship" CHOREOGRAPHY [trying to compete with productions made for TV, huh!] and the burdensome STAFF infection.

In thwarting the efforts and evil schemes of the change agents, whether giving some credit to half of its membership leaving or giving some credit to "concerned members" ... it really does not matter.

Has ConcernedMembers done a lot of good to combat the evil schemes of the change agents, the forces of the Community Church Movement, the Charismatic Movement and other "isms"? I strongly believe so.

Just look around. Even in the political realm, the U.S. Constitution and the freedoms of the citizenry are under constant siege. So is the church of our Lord under siege and attack by the left-wing, liberal leaders and forces. In fact, there has now been going on for some time the "Emergent Church Movement." It means that we now have to contend with various forces besides the Community Church Movement.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Building Up: Matters to Consider

May 14 2011, 11:43 PM 

I think Dave's ulterior motive for this thread is that if he can smear Concerned Members to the ends of the earth, then the "church" of his dreams (AKA the IM-loving, entertainment-seeking "church" of the Change Movement) will be "built up."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublet
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Music Teams are always the Fire Starters

May 14 2011, 11:49 PM 

I have proven conclusively that Buff the Reformer and Grace Centered Magazine Forum are too deep flaunting grace to ever recover.

I have shown that all of the proof texts promoting the hostile takeover of the church deliberately ignore the TEXT and will fight you if you question them.

Their Majority Text: 2 Chronicles 29 proves the point. The Jacob-cursed Levites played the musical instruments only when the not-commanded burnt offering began for apostate Israel.

I have posted several examples--not within the reach of those who have picked sides--proving that it is the sometimes even the will of God that the rhetorical, singers and Players or hypocrites BEGIN the fires including the beginning of civil war. Madison has been lifted up with their own glory and fallen into the Lucifer trap: she/he/ it was the singing and harp playing prostitute in the garden of Eden.

I am looking at Revelation speaking of the Babylon Mother of harlots which proves that the lusted after FRUITS (same as in Amos) rides on the BEAST which is not an animal but "a new style of song and drama." God picked them specificially to light the fires to finally consume the Mother Goddess worship. The rhetoricians, singers and instrument players (sorcerers) begin the burning process and are CAST OUT of the body of Christ. Both the beast, the harlot, the sorcerers and dogs are cast ALIVE into the lake of fire. Already it seems.

[linked image]
[linked image]

I have added lots more to ADD what Buff and Grace Centered deliberately DELETED.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site;

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter