Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Sonny
(no login)

Re: Birthday Celebration

June 27 2011, 3:02 PM 

Thus my point Brother Crump! If we can worship in our homes, then we can worship everywhere. Thus, why can we not celebrate birthdays whether at a church building, home, or anywhere else? I have not heard you say that it is wrong to celebrate a birthday. Worship confronts our dualism when we try to compartmentalize our faith and worship from the rest of our lives. Surely you are not suggesting that we cannot celebrate our birthday with other Christians but only with pagans or unbelievers?

I am not obsessed with celebrating birthdays via singing "happy birthday," but only using this practice to confront and challenge your false or man-made teaching on worship.

Be careful Brother Crump. You are picking and choosing Scriptures and even bypassing Scriptures to promote your opinion like our Brother Waddey does.

-Sonny

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Church is school of the Bible

June 27 2011, 5:43 PM 

Ekklesia or synagogue is not for holding a "worship service."

The synagogue or church is A School(only) of the Word (only). Since the object is to worship by GIVING HEED to the Word of Christ, you have to be very careful that you do not muddle the Bible Study with "before" things which disable your rational or spiritual mind or "afters" which has a way of purging what you learned--if anything.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

June 27 2011, 6:30 PM 

Be careful, Sonny. You are "speaking where the New Testament does not speak" when you claim that it is OK to celebrate birthdays during the worship assembly. We have no New Testament authority to celebrate birthdays or conduct any other worldly affairs in the assembly. If you must celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, honor veterans, rejoice because someone won the lottery, etc. etc., do all of that outside the assembly. As I keep saying, don't cheat God by contaminating the worship assembly with worldly affairs. You act as though you really don't want to understand this. Old habits are hard to break, though.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

June 27 2011, 6:39 PM 

I wonder if Sonny's obsession about birthdays and anniversaries is because his conscience is bothering him about the inappropriateness of conducting worldly affairs in the worship assembly, so he desperately argues to try to "justify" such inappropriate actions.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

For You, Bill Crump

June 27 2011, 12:27 PM 

Hopefully longer than it will take for you to understand that you don't need to be giving anyone counsel about worship.
You are in your own little world Bill, and you seem quite content at that. Just stay there!

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Missed REEDING and RIGHTING again.

June 27 2011, 1:19 PM 

The Bible has lots of data to suggest that there are at least two races on the earth. For instance, Paul said that Cain was OF that wicked one and that Eve was wholly seduced as a young bride is seduced. That seems to be a parable for those who areso easily seduced away from the simple Word of God. In the Greek literature, instrumental tones are most often used to seduce someone into believing the unbelievable

It must be true because at no level of theology (lumped with Phrenology) can people look at a simple word and not be deluded into seing something else.

From the wilderness onward the only reason for collecting the godly people into an assembly was to let them REST or free them from the almost-universal religionism documented on clay tablets and beyond. They were permitted to collect in their local precinct to READ and REHEARSE the Word of God.

[linked image]

Now the godly RACE looks at that AND the Biblical and historical record and never says, "BUT." To make certain that there are no legalistic loopholes, Christ outlawed calling and certainly conducting such a DEDICATED assembly with "vocal or instrumental rejoicing" which outlaws elevated forms of speech. Paul's active word is to SPEAK which for the legalistic loopholes is defined throughout the Greek and Latin literature (where we define words) as a conversational style where "singing" was cantillation. God only restricts you when you assemble PRETENDING to learn and co-confess the words of God.

The New Testament EXCLUDES all of the Hypocritic arts and crafts which Christ in Ezekiel 33 names as rhetoricians, performermance singers and instrument players. That excludes doing anything as entertaining to ASSIST the Word of Christ. Again, the purpose driven purpose is to learn and even if you had a Symphony you cannot find PRAISE TEAM performing FOR and replacing the assembly:

Sumphôn-ia , concord or unison of soun homologia II. metaph., harmony, agreement,

PAUL MADE IT ABSOLUTELY CLEAR TO FOOL THE SCHOLARS.

1Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Skhisma, division of opinion orkhstikon skhma,
orkh-stikos "of the trochaic verse, poisin, metron, melos, skhmata,dancing, pantomime.

But, someone comes along and finds a ONE-TIME-EVENT not related to the short instruction period such as David's naked procession and uses that to lie, cheat and steal the church house of widows.

Somehow, I think the Devil has their ears and tongue: If you cannot differentiate between WEEKLY BIBLE CLASS and a DAY AT THE PARK, I accept the Bible and contemporaneous understanding that they have fallen and CANNOT get back up.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

For You, Dave

June 27 2011, 2:30 PM 

Dave, you seem upset. This site seems to agitate you. Chill! Heel! Heel! That's a good boy. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Tell It Like It Is

June 27 2011, 8:34 PM 

Grow up William.
Do I still sound agitated?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Tell It Like It Is

June 28 2011, 10:14 AM 

Dave, you're always agitated on this site. You're a jangling bundle of nerves, boy. The winking face knows it. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Hard to Soar with Eagles When You Are Around Turkeys

June 28 2011, 1:49 PM 

Anytime that I can get you to call me boy....I know that your feathers are easily ruffled. William, you bring it on yourself.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Hard to Soar with Eagles When You Are Around Turkeys

June 28 2011, 6:17 PM 

Actually, Dave, older men often call younger man "boy" or "son" to remind them that younger men are still wet behind the ears compared with their elders. As I recall, you've squawked like a plucked turkey quite a few times in the past when I called you "boy." That term still ruffles your feathers, turkey buzzard. Bwaahaha! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
R*
(no login)

Re: Hard to Soar with Eagles When You Make Mistakes

June 28 2011, 6:48 PM 

Actually, Dave, older men often call younger man "boy" or "son"....

Bill, can you correctly place the "sic" in your statement above. I know it is such a thrill for you to throw the flag! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

June 29 2011, 9:27 AM 

"Bill, can you correctly place the "sic" in your statement above."

R*, can YOU correctly place the "sic" in YOUR statement above? (Hint: You don't end an interrogative sentence with a PERIOD.) When you try to call the teacher's hand, you often get burned in the BACKFIRE. R* just got burned. happy.gifwink.gifhappy.gif

Respond to this message   
R*
(no login)

June 29 2011, 2:33 PM 

Bill, you can throw the (sic) flag on my mistake. Are you a big enough man to throw it on your mistake? wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

June 29 2011, 4:06 PM 

Does aiming a "sic" at me make your mistake go way? BTW, are you really admitting that you made a mistake? You usually respond by trying to find fault elsewhere or ignoring the fact that you were corrected. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
R*
(no login)

June 29 2011, 5:48 PM 

Bill, we all make mistakes. Your character flaws prevent you from admitting your grammar mistakes. It's nothing new. We all know about it. Son, maybe one day you will be a man. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

June 29 2011, 6:14 PM 

Boy, some day maybe you will outgrow your feelings of inferiority that make you feel you must "top the teacher" after you've been burned with a correction. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Wowzers

June 29 2011, 4:47 PM 

"That term still ruffles your feathers, turkey buzzard. Bwaahaha!"

Wow William....you wouldn't think that you could make it more obvious. Speak up and remove all doubt I guess.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

No Doubt

June 29 2011, 9:42 PM 

There's no doubt about it. Being called "boy" still ruffles Dave's feathers. He needs to develop some thick skin for a change. wink.gif

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter