Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Wrong is Always Wrong!

June 27 2011 at 12:36 PM
Dave  (no login)
from IP address 130.127.43.117

Donnie,
I, and others, have told you time and time again that Ken is against ALL music, whether instrumental or a capella. You have vehemently denied such.
At the Richland Hills church area, and on May 10th Ken Sublett wrote....
"There is no command, example or remote inference that the godly people ever attended a worship service with congregational singing with or without instruments."

No denying now, eh?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

STILL got a REEDING and RIGHTING problem.

June 27 2011, 1:14 PM 

If you READ recorded history you know that there is NO METER in the Bible.
The Catholics did not sing the text in a tuneful sense. The organ did not accompany the reading or chanting of the Bible: that would be insulting.

The Protestants did not do congregational singing: it was impossible if you REED historic RIGHTING.

The Protestants permitted the radical REwriting of some psalms (only) to be set to a simple meter to be sung in UNISON (only)

This is a matter of history: you can decide what is permitted.

Respond to this message   
R*
(no login)

Re: Wrong is Always Wrong!

June 27 2011, 4:35 PM 

Deja vu all over again. Donnie will bail Ken out once again. Ken will be strangely quiet for a while. We have seem it again and again. Ken will not answer the direct questions when asked. It a cycle that never ends. happy.gif

Ken, do you want to break the cycle? Wanna tell us how you really feel?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Can''t Read?

June 27 2011, 5:31 PM 

The Catholics did not sing the text in a tuneful sense. The organ did not accompany the reading or chanting of the Bible: that would be insulting.

The Protestants did not do congregational singing: it was impossible if you REED historic RIGHTING.

The Protestants permitted the radical REwriting of some psalms (only) to be set to a simple meter to be sung in UNISON (only)

Only later was human compositions sung with instrumental accompaniment.

For a time many would admit no metre at all in the Psalms. Davison (Hast., "Dict. of the Bible", s. v.) writes: "though metre is not discernible in the Psalms, it does not follow that rhythm is excluded". This rhythm, however, "defies analysis and systematization". Driver ("Introd. to Lit. of O. T.", New York, 1892, 339) admits in Hebrew poetry "no metre in the strict sense of the term". Exegetes who find metre in the Psalms are of four schools, according as they explain Hebrew metre by quantity, by the number of syllables, by accent, or by both quantity and accent.(from The Catholic Encyclopedia)

So all of the DISCORDERS lie, lie, lie without regard to what I believe.
No, David never sang and played the harp musically.
No, the Levites never played musically: it's called noise.
No, no one in the New Testament sang tunefully.
No, the Catholics did not sing tunefully.
No, the protestants did not sing tunefully.

At the time of the Restoration the Presbyterian churches sang only the REwritten psalms with no accompaniment.

No, when "she flew from the room" i can be dogmatically certain that she did not fly on an airplane.

Is that understandable? If you want to sing you can do so without knowing that you will sow discord and cast about half of the people out of their own synagogue.

You cannot add instruments without snickering that you can defeat the old non-instrumentalists. Jesus commanded that we teach what He commanded to be taught: He did not command any kind of music: he repudiated all of the instrumentalists under the Monarchy.

A disciple would want to hear what Jesus taught and left for His disciples. An anti disciple would act up and act out to "make the lambs dumb befor the slaugher." It's in the book: it's absolute and the musicators have slipped over the edge and there can be no redemption.

Respond to this message   
R*
(no login)

Re: Can''t Read?

June 27 2011, 6:51 PM 

Here goes...Ken is congregational SINGING as practiced today in Churches of Christ sinful in your opinion?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Seem; It

June 27 2011, 6:56 PM 

R* wrote: "We have seem [sic] it again and again" and "It [sic] a cycle that never ends."

How do you "seem" something again and again?

That second sentence lacks a verb, unless R* is practicing Ebonics, which is bastardized English. Try this: "It IS a cycle that never ends." happy.gifwink.gif

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Grow Up!

June 27 2011, 8:32 PM 

Well done Bill......you couldn't find fault with the message so, as usual, you slander the messenger.

As I said before....some things never change. Modus operandi. Check my spelling old man!

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Grow Up!

June 28 2011, 10:31 AM 

Actually, Dave, there wasn't much of any substance to R*'s "message," so the corrections needed to be exposed.

Now, since you invited me to correct YOUR message, Dave, you wrote: "Well done Bill..." Since a noun being addressed is set off by a comma, you FAILED to insert the comma. It should be "Well done, Bill." The same goes for "Check my spelling old man." That should be "Check my spelling, old man."

Also, you don't need all those ellipses (...) to express yourself:

"Well done, Bill. You couldn't find fault with the message so, as usual, you slander the messenger." "As I said before, some things never change."

Since you're so bent on being obnoxious, Dave, you might as well be grammatically correct. You need to return to the SGP thread for a refresher course on these subjects, boy. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Ken Sublett 2012 Presidential Run

June 27 2011, 9:43 PM 

Ken,
You should have run for president the way you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Thanks

June 28 2011, 1:47 PM 

Thank you William, for you have proven again that you do have to know the Truth to be a Christian.
Slander isn't a part of the Truth.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Thanks

June 28 2011, 6:38 PM 

What's your problem, Dave? You invited me to correct your message, so I did. You didn't think I would? Then you get bent out of shape and call it "slander." If correcting spelling, grammar, and punctuation is "slander," then there are thousands of kids in schools all across the land whom teachers are "slandering" every day, because they are correcting the kids. Your problem is that your feathers get ruffled every time someone corrects you about anything. You really are quite an immature boy, Dave.

BTW, you failed to set off my name with two commas when you said, "Thank you William, for you have proven..." That should be, "Thank you, William, for you have proven..." You put in the second comma but left out the first comma. Now if you had started the sentence with my name, you would have needed only the one comma, as in, "William, thank you for proving that..." You need to learn when to use one comma or two.

I guess only someone with a monstrous chip on his shoulder like you would still regard this little lesson as "slander." How did you ever make it through school with an attitude like that, son? wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Well Done!

June 29 2011, 4:18 PM 

Need I say anything William? You are saying everything about yourself that I, alone, could never say or explain.
Thank you.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Come to Grips

June 29 2011, 11:33 PM 

Yes, Dave, we've known for quite a long time that you slander, smear, hate, and berate those who disagree with YOU, and YOU absolutely abhor anyone who corrects your grammar. The sooner you come to grips with those facts, the sooner you will begin to change your ways and have peace of mind. wink.gif

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter