Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Gift of A Holy Spirit means A Holy Mind

July 17 2011 at 7:10 PM
Ken Sublett  (Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 67.142.130.32

The Gif of A Holy Spirit is the gifr OF a holy MIND.

http://www.piney.com/HsMindSp.html

When people say that one of the "gods" is inside of them guiding them to lie, cheat and steal the church houses of widows you can be sure that it is An evil spirit.

The Gift of The Holy Spirit is confiscated by all of the musical change agents even saying that the Holy Spirit (person) guided them into lying about the Bible and stealing the church house of widows so they could perform prophesied Ceremonial Legalism (the laded burden)

http://www.piney.com/The.Gift.Of.The.Holy.Spirit.html

ALEXANDER CAMPBELL:
Essays on the Work of the Holy Spirit, in the Salvation of Men.No. III. Spiritual Gifts.

DAVID the king and prophet foretold that when Messiah the Lord would ascend to his throne, he would bestow gifts upon men. This passage of Psalms, lviii. 18. Paul (Eph. iv. 8.) applies to our Lord. When he ascended he says, "he gave," and by spiritual gifts qualified "some apostles, and some prophets, and some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers."

Peter also, on the day of Pentecost, ascribed all the stupendous gifts vouchsafed on that day to the Lord Jesus. "Therefore," says he, (Acts ii. 33.) "being exalted by the right hand of God, and having received the promise of the Holy Spirit from the Father, He hath poured out that which you now see and hear." These "distributions of the Holy Spirit,"

as Macknight renders Heb. ii. 4. issued in the perfect
....qualification of apostles with "the word of wisdom;"
....prophets with the "word of knowledge;"
....evangelists with "tongues and miracles;"
....pastors with an immediate possession of all the requisites to feeding the flock,
....and teachers with the means necessary to instructing the novices in all the christian doctrine.

Campbell affirms that the Gift of The Holy Spirit in this sense does not extend beyond the record of the prophets and apostles guided by the Spirit OF Christ.

Because any simple Disciple of Christ knows that they are deliberately leading you into the same Worship of the Stars which was the captivity and death sentence to the Jew, If you don't get it then the message is always: "Eat Drink and be merry" because the destinies have been set.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 72.171.0.149 on Jul 24, 2011 12:11 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
R*
(no login)

Re: The Gift of The Holy Spirit

July 21 2011, 2:56 PM 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Is Ken saying we can get remission of sins but not the gift of the Holy Ghost?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Sorry bout the slows

July 21 2011, 3:22 PM 

Hughes.net lets me down much more often than it lifts me up so I am on the phone line for a short time.

When your sins are remitted YOU have A holy spirit
The same Paul in 1 Peter 3:21 calls it A good conscience, consiousness which means a co-perception of the Word.

Paul in 2 Corinthians 3 said that the Jews could not read black text on brown paper or even HEAR the Word of god which was PREACHED by being read in the synagogue each rest day.

After His change by the Father Jesus of Nazareth returned on the say of Pentecost "and shed forth what you hear and see."

1 John 2 says that the "another Comforter" is Jesus Christ the Righteous.

Alexander Campbell defined it clearly that it is OUR spirit which is UNholy and when sins are remitted we have the gift of A holy spirit. Walter Scott taught the same things.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

None So Blind.....

July 21 2011, 10:33 PM 

John 14
9 Jesus answered: Dont you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, Show us the Father? 10 Dont you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

15 If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Notice that in verse 12 Jesus is not talking to Philip any longer but WHOEVER (KJV says "HE" which means ANYONE) Jesus continues talking to ANYONE (HE in the KJV) with the next scriptures

23 Jesus replied, Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

25 All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

The Holy Spirit is given to ALL men and not just the apostles, but like you say Ken, after a while your eyes are closed to see what is truly there.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

John 14

July 21 2011, 11:01 PM 

You are correct: just call the Holy Spirit "Jesus Christ.'

The Paraclete is "another" which is of a different sort: Jesus in his Glorified Body returned at Pentecost.

If you look at John 14: 18 Jesus says I will come to you.

The Spirit will return in the NAME of Jesus Christ.

The Same John wrote:

1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate [paraklete] with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments

1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God,
and one mediator between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus;

That is in His glorified state: Jesus Christ now exists and is alive and well and STILL the head of HIS church just as we will exist when we are"changed" into that holy spiritual state.

The Apostles had the direct guidance of the Spiritual Jesus: this Spirit Lord appeared to Paul and said "I am Jesus of Nazareth." As Paul needed further revelation Jesus said "I will come to you."

We all HAVE A holy spirit after baptism

Hebrews 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart (spirit) in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

We have THE Holy Spirit still the head of the church and still our only teacher when we teach that which HAS BEEN taught. I have no idea exactly how He operates but the NAME of the Holy Spirit is "Jesus Christ the Righteous." He is still the only mediator and Jesus didn't promise Paul that He would send another "person."

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

"The Gift of a Spirit That Is Holy"

July 22 2011, 12:19 AM 

"Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord." (Acts 3:19)

PARALLEL PASSAGES:
ACTS 2:38
ACTS 3:19
REQUIREMENT:
Repent
Repent
(Conjunction)
and
and
REQUIREMENT:
Be baptized...
Be converted
RESULT:
For [so that, toward, UNTO] the remission of sins
That your sins may be blotted out
RESULT:
And ye shall receive the gift of a holy spirit
When the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord
NOTICE:
When sins are remitted, one receives that gift of purity, that spirit of holiness, of being cleansed. [Note: this is a translation issue -- the expression being used to justify reference to the "Holy Spirit" as another "person" in the Godhead.] The word "holy" is an adjective that describes the kind of spirit one has when the new birth is experienced. It is one's spirit that is MADE HOLY. Therefore, the gift referred to here is a spirit that is HOLY. When sins are blotted out, the conscience is clear; all guilt is removed. It is "when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord." It is the new birth.
NOT TO BE MISTAKEN:
  • It is NOT the "baptism of the Holy Ghost."
  • It does not make one a Pentecostal.
  • It does not make one charismatic.
  • It does not give one power to heal.
  • It does not give one the gift of gab (speaking in tongues).
  • It does not give one the power to lay hands on others.
  • It is NOT the "baptism of the Holy Ghost."
  • It does not make one a Pentecostal.
  • It does not make one charismatic.
  • It does not give one power to heal.
  • It does not give one the gift of gab (speaking in tongues).
  • It does not give one the power to lay hands on others.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

affirm

July 22 2011, 1:57 PM 

It certainly helps if one has A holy spirit and is able to read the text, define the words and look at parallel passages.

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Respond to this message   
R*
(no login)

Objection! The Question Looms

July 24 2011, 10:21 AM 

Why change the Word? I have not found a translation yet that says "gift of a holy spirt". Are they all wrong?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Gif of A Holy Spirit is the gifr OF a holy MIND.

July 24 2011, 12:08 PM 

http://www.piney.com/HsMindSp.html

Hear are jsut a few of Paul's use of parallelism which, as Peter Warned, is intended for word twisters who have no need to know and therefore do not have A good conscience, consciousness or a co-perception. Paraphrasing Paul the ability to read black text on white paper. I can remember the day--several decades ago--when I received A holy spirit: it was when I could see:

Speaking to yourselves in that which is written for our learning

Did NOT say as in Phd101a:

Singing to yourselves with Fanny Crosby (makes you a female) or Twila Paris (makes you a heretic).

I do certify that there are only a few people and no The-O-Lite who can see beyond the veil.

Paul almost always does "double-talk" He says THIS IS WHAT I MEAN, but this is NOT what I mean. And he uses other words so that we don't think that we have a little person INSIDE of use Guiding us beyond the sacred pages to lie, cheat and steal the church houses of widows as Scribes and Pharisees (I mean) hypocrites (I mean) preachers, singers and instrument players (Ezek 33).

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Objection! The Question Looms

July 24 2011, 1:56 PM 

R* shouldn't worry too much about one little article ("a" vs. "the") when denominationalists passively change the Word by manifesting an attitude of "God didn't say not to use instrumental music in the assembly." That premise cannot be found anywhere in the New Testament. So R* wants to quibble about one little article? wink.gif

Respond to this message   
R*
(no login)

July 24 2011, 3:18 PM 

Perhaps, the doctor should see a Doctor and get a "Ritalin" prescription for his attention deficit disorder.

The issue is "a Holy Spirit" or "the Holy Spirit"? Why change the Word?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

My choice

July 24 2011, 4:59 PM 

Since there are no supplied articles I pick A and you pick The.
You think The Holy Spirit is a third member of the God Family.
I think the Spirit is the BREATH of God which communicates WORDS and therefore these words ARE Spirit (john 6:63).

The NAME of the Holy Spirit as a "person" (people) is Jesus Christ who has ascended to the ONE FATHER in heaven, received His post-resurrection spirit body and it was He who returned--as He faithfully promised--on the day of Pentecost and "shed forth what you see and hear."

1 Corinthians 2 Says that the Holy Spirit is the MIND of Christ.
I, too, must have A holy spirit (mind) before the Word of Christ (Spirit) will lodge there as the ONLY place God accepts our worship--not like group sex.

You know when you have A holy spirit says Walter Scott when your actions are holy.
You also have the mark or seal of Christ the Spirit occupying your spirit so that you can read:

Speaking one to another

And not literally SEE in black in white in your brain.

SINGING to your selves or let little-sister-singers sing to you.

My pretty certain guess is that you think Paul commanded singing in four part harmoy with melody just being the first line. You also think that he commanded you to sing out of the BLUE book and not out of the RED BOOOK. And you think that is the same as "that which is written for our learning" defined as "Scripture."

You still think that we assemble for a WORSHIP SERVICE when Jesus and Paul and early history and the Campbells think it was as A SCHOOL OF CHRIST. Probably never caught on to the fact that the words defined as "worship" are restricted to giving heed to the Word of Christ (only). If the church is built on the prophets and apostles it is not built on the kings and Levitical Soothsayers. Preachers or singers are absolutely FORBIDDEN to speak their own words: no human has anything to add to the Word of God and they cannot AID the finished work of Jesus who was MADE TO BE both Lord and Christ by the ONE GOD THE FATHER in heaven.

Spiriit NEVER defines a people: Spirit is a disposition or mental state: God's Spirit is God's wind or breath: it communicates invisible inaudible power. Jesus was the LIPS of God who articulated the Spirit into words (he said so). And this articulated Word is the Son of God. We deny the power of Jesus Christ when we deny that THERE IS ONE NAME whereby we must be saved. Father, Son and Spirit are not names.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

July 24 2011, 9:03 PM 

Yes, why change the Word? One issue is about "a Holy Spirit vs. the Holy Spirit." Yet denominationalists would say the subject of IM in the assembly is a "non-issue," because they willingly and passively change the Word to suit their purposes. Why would R* become upset when I mention another issue?

Although R* is correct to question the wording of "a Holy Spirit," he conveniently seems to ignore an equally important issue of IM in the assembly.

BTW, R*, unless you're a licensed physician with experience in diagnosing and treating ADD over the Internet and prescribing Ritalin, your little smear tactic could be interpreted as practicing medicine without a license. That's a felony.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Prepositional phrases

July 24 2011, 11:41 PM 

We may get sidetracked by spelling but Donnie may need to repeat the dissertation on prepositional phrases.

One might note that in John 12 Jesus defined the Father Breath Word concept clearly but in chapter 16 noted PROVERBS: He always spoke in parables to fool those with no need to have or handle His Word.

* "The Spirit OF God" (Genesis 1:2; Matthew 3:16)
* "The Spirit OF the Lord" (Isaiah 11:2; Acts 8:39)
* "Thy good spirit" (Nehemiah 9:20)
* "The Spirit OFf the Lord God" (Isaiah 61:1)
* "His Holy Spirit" (Isaiah 63:10-11)
* "The Spirit OFf your Father" (Matthew 10:20)
* "The Spirit" (John 1:32)
* "The holy Spirit OFf God" (Ephesians 4:30)
* "The powerOF the Lord" (Luke 5:17)

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth . .
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." (Genesis 1:1,2)

"The LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7)

"The Spirit of God hath made me,
and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." (Job 33:4)

"He hath made the earth by his power . . .
he established the world by his wisdom . . .
stretched out the heavens by his discretion." (Jeremiah 10:12; 51:15)

In Proverbs Wisdom has the same meaning as God's Spirit. Neither God's Wisdom or Spirit is another person. Remedial reading grade 6

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The gift of a/the holy spirit (no caps) = a/the spirit that is holy

July 25 2011, 12:34 AM 

R* brings up these questions:
"Why change the Word? I have not found a translation yet that says "gift of a holy spirt". Are they all wrong? Acts 2:38

The issue is "a Holy Spirit" or "the Holy Spirit"? Why change the Word?
These are great questions. I was worried that nobody would even notice the difference and, therefore, not understand (or try to understand) the chart. Actually this type of study is very important and demands a thorough explanation and a list of reliable sources that validate the actual meaning of the passage in Acts 2:38.

Christians have been conditioned to the idea that a mere mention of "the Holy Spirit" automatically refers to the third person in the Trinity doctrine -- which was invented around the Nicean era and officially approved in what was eventually TO BECOME the Roman Catholic Church, by the Council of Nicea, in the 5th century. Obviously, Protestantism has acquired the Trinity doctrine ((but not certain other RCC doctrines) from the Roman Catholic Church, and it has propagated the teaching of this doctrine through the centuries.

I acknowledge that it would be very difficult to decondition a Christian's mind from the Trinity doctrine, even though throughout the gospels, only the Father and His Son were communicating with each other. (Cf. the book of John -- it contains so much of the relationship between the Father and the Son.) NOTE these expressions: "I and my Father are one"; "... but I and the Father that sent me"; "... he that hath seen me hath seen the Father"; etc.

So what about the "Holy Spirit"? This will involve a lot of references and detailed explanation. But recognize the following inconsistency in regard to the "Triune Father-Son-Spirit" doctrine:

1) The Father is a spirit and He is holy -- the Father is the holy spirit.
2) The resurrected Christ is the "Comforter" -- Christ is the holy spirit,
3) To say that "the Holy Spirit" (as a 3rd person) is the holy spirit is redundant.

Another inconsistency in the Trinity doctrine follows:

1) Bible speaks of "the spirit" OF the Father (Matt. 10:20)
2) Bible speaks of "the spirit" OF Jesus Christ (Rom. 8:9; I Pet. 1:11; Phil. 1:19)
3) Bible does NOT speak of "the spirit OF the Holy Spirit" as a 3rd person (NoRef. 99:999)

Another discrepancy or inconsistency is in the preposition "OF" in the expressions: "the spirit OF God," "the spirit OF the Father," "the spirit OF Christ," "the spirit OF the Lord."

1) The preposition "OF" indicates possession or that which belongs.
2) The "spirit" is an entity of/within an entity (just like the body or soul).
3) As an entity of an entity, the "spirit" cannot have and be the name of a "person."

Now, along with the use of the article "a" or "the" should be another question -- when do we capitalize (as in "Holy Spirit") or not capitalize (as in "holy spirit")? OK [time is short], let me explain one in conjunction with the other.

• In most of the Greek New Testament manuscripts, neither word in "holy spirit" is capitalized.
  • The word "spirit" is a noun, singular neuter.
  • The word "spirit" can mean "ghost, wind, life, mind."
  • The words "holy spirit" are NOT A NAME (as in Jesus Christ)
  • The word "holy" is an adjective; it means "pure, holy, consecrated," etc.
  • In conversion (after baptism), one receives forgiveness of sins;
  • In conversion (after baptism), one receives a cleansed, purified spirit or mind; a clear, guiltless and refreshed conscience.
  • One's forgiveness of sins and his cleansed spirit after conversion cannot be separated.
  • The use of "the" or "a" makes no difference; "a" simply denotes "one" [singular] spirit--that of the new convert's.
  • The expression "the holy spirit" as a "GIFT" is not a "person"; a "GIFT" is an OBJECT [again, not a person or the name of a "Trinity person"] -- it is that gift of a purified mind, refreshing, or a clear conscience.
  • The parallel passage in Acts 3:19 will help explain that gift of having "A SPIRIT THAT IS HOLY."
  • Again, as the chart indicates, that "GIFT OF A SPIRIT or MIND THAT IS HOLY AND PURE" means:

1. It is NOT the "third person of the TRINITY" doctrine" invented in the 5th century via the Council of Nicea.
    2. It is NOT the "baptism of the Holy Ghost."
    3. It does not make one a Pentecostal.
    4. It does not make one charismatic.
    5. It does not make one a televangelistic healer (Benny Hinn, Oral Roberts, et al).
    6. It does not give one power to heal at a "divine healing service."
    7. It does not give one the gift of gab (speaking in tongues).
    8. It does not give one the power to lay hands on others.
    9. The conversion does not automatically bestow "spiritual gifts."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

And that is the simple truth.

July 25 2011, 10:25 AM 

That sums it up perfectly. Jesus said that if you carry forth MY word the world will hate you and try to destroy you. By definition songs and sermons know the principle of the Pharisee: they write their own "scripture" required to eat up the living or steal the houses of widows.

I am not aware of any thing written on the Spirit OF God which does not repeat some earlier document. This in turn begins with collecting all of the verses or partial verses which mention The Holy Spirit or spirit in an verse, show what that spirit does and then concludes that the spirit must be a person. That problem is solved if you understand that the Spirit OF Christ is His mental state and therefore the Spirit's Name.

1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter