Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Matthew 28 Except ye be Converted ye shall not enter the kingdom

July 26 2011 at 4:22 PM
Ken Sublett  (Login Ken.Sublett)
from IP address

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you,
Except ye be converted,
and become as little children,
ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

A Disciple of Christ is a Student of Christ: if you are a ceremonial legalists you are NOT a Christian, your preacher is not a Christian and your Edifice is a complex (know what I mean). You have been taken captive and need radical reprogramming.

Converted means that you have made a radical wheel-about: if your preacher wants to continue down the road of the world to attract the world then you have not been converted. You are not a Christian. You have serious problems with Christ. And Jesus promised that you will be damned.

Conversion is done at the time of Baptism of an adult who wants to be a Disciple of Christ and not a groopie.

The u-turn is clearly defined as the OPPOSITE of all of the performance preaching, singing and instrument playing which INTENDS to make sure that you do not hear "that which is written for your learning."

Jesus said that the sons of the Devil speak on their own: their own evil imagination.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

We Know .....Oh Yes, We Know

July 27 2011, 8:38 AM 

Ken, speaking of Matthew 28, do you believe that you are doing what the Lord asked his disciples to do? Ridiculing others and continual slander, as you continue to espouse day after day, isn't acting on the great commission.
You talk about Jesus often but don't want to follow his example.
Know what I mean?

Respond to this message   
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

Re: We Know .....Oh Yes, We Know

July 28 2011, 3:54 AM 

Ridiculing others is not the same as pointing out when others distort the truth. "Ridiculing others" is not even an argument, much less a winning argument.

One of several statements in the post is: "Conversion is done at the time of Baptism of an adult who wants to be a Disciple of Christ and not a groopie."

That statement alone would cause many others to adamantly argue concerning the type of baptism and its purpose, the age of the subject, discipleship, membership, etc.

Do you agree or disagree with what the post says about baptism and conversion?

Based on your constant judgments of others, how can we know (as you seem to know others) "that you are doing what the Lord asked his disciples to do" or that you "follow his example"?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: We Know .....Oh Yes, We Know

July 28 2011, 9:37 AM 

On message boards like this, the word "slander" is abused and hurled much too often. You can't say, "This is what the New Testament teaches" without the progressives hollering, "You imply that we're wrong and that's slander! According to the progressives, if you urge people to renounce denominationalism and follow the teachings of Jesus, you slander them. Did Jesus "slander" people when He said they would be lost if they didn't follow His teachings? He simply told the truth. Yet when progressives hear that same truth, they holler "SLANDER" at those who preach the truth.

Dave perseverates as much by hollering "Slander! Slander! Slander!" as he did with his "you're-cursed-you-re-wrong-you're-a-sinner-repent-repent" diatribes.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Salvation Issue

July 28 2011, 5:32 PM 

I would not answer that question that you present about baptism and conversion. Why wouldn't I answer the question?
Because I have answered it before and I don't care to repeat myself.
There was no doubt, in my answer, the direction of my conviction and answer.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Salvation Issue

July 28 2011, 6:53 PM 

Actually, a true Christian should be willing to answer questions about New Testament doctrinal matters like baptism, no matter how many times they are asked the same question. When people asked Jesus what they must do to have eternal life, think what would have happened if Jesus blew them off with, "I've answered that and similar questions many times before and don't want to repeat Myself."

When Christians are asked questions about baptism but blow those questions off, it suggests that they don't take the subject seriously or that they don't really have strong beliefs.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Here's Your Big Chance

July 29 2011, 8:48 AM 

William Crump said "When people asked Jesus what they must do to have eternal life, think what would have happened if Jesus blew them off with, "I've answered that and similar questions many times before and don't want to repeat Myself.""

William, where, in Scriptures, did Jesus answer, to the same people, what "they must do to have eternal life?"

Respond to this message   
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

It's Best to Go Ahead and Repeat Your Answer

July 29 2011, 8:52 PM 

It's really much better -- and there's nothing to be ashamed of -- to go ahead and respond to the initial question or to repeat your previous answer to the same question. You see, Dave, and you ought to know that not all readers read the same threads on the same day. It also means that you are not evading the question, when you respond then. Evading questions is very frustrating to many. And you know it.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: It's Best to Go Ahead and Repeat Your Answer

July 29 2011, 9:33 PM 

Evading obviously serious questions suggests one of two things: 1) The person does it to taunt others who desire to know the answers; 2) The person really doesn't know the answers to the questions (or doesn't care) and doesn't want to say, "I don't know" or even "I have no interest in the subject."

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Here's Your Big Chance

July 29 2011, 9:23 PM 

"And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and [thy] mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go [and] sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come [and] follow me. But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions" (Matt. 19:16-22 KJV).

"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour? And Jesus answering said, A certain [man] went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded [him], and departed, leaving [him] half dead. And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked [on him], and passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion [on him], And went to [him], and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave [them] to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee. Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise" (Luke 10:25-37 KJV).

In John 6, the Jews are trying to understand Jesus' mission. "The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us [his] flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6:52-54).

Since the Gospels contain only a sample of the events in Jesus' life (John 21:25), we can conclude that people asked Jesus how to be saved many times and He told them the answers many times.

Now, Dave, whenever anyone, even regular posters on this board, ask you about your views on baptism, answer them. Don't play the part of a stubborn little kid who won't answer because you delight in taunting others. That's immature.

So, Dave, here's YOUR big chance. Are you ready to answer the question that Donnie posed to you about baptism, or do you wish to remain stubborn and immature?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site;

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter