Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: How About You!

July 31 2011, 11:52 PM 

Sonny wrote: "[I]t would be polite and respectful to say Tom, Mr. Brite, Brother Brite, etc. instead of Brite...Brite...Brite. The tone is rude, condescending and arrogant."

Sonny, I do hope you know that respect is a two-way street. I initially addressed Brite as "Tom," yet knowing that I have a doctoral degree, Brite continues to address me as "Mr. Crump," which is insulting, and he knows it. Therefore, since he shows no respect for me, it is only fitting that we be on "equal" ground. Should Brite ever decide to address me as either "Bill" or "Dr. Crump" or even "Brother Crump," I will be glad to address him as either "Tom" or "Mr. Brite" or even "Brother Brite." And should Brite prove to have a J.D. or other type of doctoral degree, I would also be glad to address him as "Dr. Brite," IF he reciprocated in kind.

Now I'll tell you a true story. On my first day of college, I was looking for a certain classroom and asked directions from a man in the hall. My class schedule simply said the instructor was "Johnston." When I asked the man, "Are You Mr. Johnston?" he immediately but politely said, "DR. Johnston" and slightly emphasized "Dr." as his way of introduction. I apologized and Dr. Johnston forgave my blunder, because I was new. Had I continued to address him as "Mr. Johnston," it would have been most insulting.

Now if Brite really wants to perpetuate ill will, then he will continue with the "Mr. Crump" bit.

Respond to this message   
Sonny
(no login)

August 1 2011, 2:15 PM 

Brother Crump,

Your disposition is not according to the teaching and example of Jesus. Since you know this and transgress wilfully, you do not need to be gently "corrected" but "rebuked." Reread Matthew 7:12/Luke 6:31. You are saying you are going to do what someone else does when you find it wrong. A spiritually mature, Christ-like man would overcome "a perceived evil" with good (Romans 12:21).

Your disposition and actions discredit your beliefs and statements as an ambassador for this site. I think Brother Cruz knows this. You and Brother Waddey are ruining his site and his cause. Of all the Christian teachers and leaders who could advocate for unity in Christ without the use of instrumental worship, the character and sin of you two men makes the legalistic message even less convincing.

-Sonny

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

August 1 2011, 4:19 PM 

Gee Bill, didn't know you were so touchy, but I'm not surprised. It fits in perfectly with your issues. In 25 years, I have never asked anyone to call me Doctor, even though I have a JD. Neither has my wife who has an MD degree with a specialty in nephrology. My mind is perplexed by someone who values a degree so highly in a social setting. I believe it speaks volumes about a person. Be that as it may, I guess I must bow to your inferiority complex.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

August 1 2011, 7:00 PM 

Gee, TOM, thanks for being reasonably civil and addressing me as Bill. Even though I enter my post name on this site as "Dr. Bill Crump," I've never actually demanded that people call me Doctor. Even though we don't agree, most of those who have responded to me here have called me either Bill, William, Dr. Crump, or Brother Crump of their own free will, and that's good. Then you came along with "Mr. Crump." I think you know you did that deliberately to be insulting, because we do not agree on theological issues. Perhaps you allow your clients to call you "Mr. Brite" if they don't know you have a J.D., but how many people who DO know would still call you "Mr. Brite" instead of "Tom" or "Dr. Brite"? I daresay none, unless they wanted to mock or insult you. You say your wife is an M.D. That's good. She may not demand that people address her as "Doctor," but I'd wager no one who knows that she is a physician would still address her as Ms. or Mrs. unless they meant to be insulting. If they don't call her Doctor out of respect for her as a person, they do so out of respect for her training. In close circles, surely people address her by her first name.

So, Tom, on a board like this, if a poster identifies himself by a professional title, what is that to you or anyone else? Do you despise calling someone Doctor of your own free will? It's one thing to be high-handed from the outset and demand to be called Doctor, which I have not done; it was a completely different issue when you chose to be uncivil by bypassing "Bill, Dr. Crump, Brother Crump," and went directly to "Mr. Crump."

So let's be civil. If calling me Doctor or Brother Crump makes you choke, then kindly stick with "Bill" as you did above and ditch that "Mr. Crump" foolishness for good. You're much too educated to resort to juvenile tactics like that anyway. I'll call you Tom. But if you prefer Dr. Brite, then you can call me Dr. Crump. Remember, we must be on equal ground! wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Fred Whaley
(no login)

August 2 2011, 9:44 AM 

Fred is not the only one who knows and is unafraid to mention that the doctor is a vewy vewy insecure and an easily irritated fella.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

AHA!

July 31 2011, 9:42 PM 

William Crump said "Brite never seems to be happy. I wonder why.
First, William, that is a question, therefore should be followed by a question mark.
Second, I have a difficult time seeing that you would ever say that someone else is not happy. Your happiness lies in condemnation of others. That is not happiness from God.
Also, you made the comment of "Since we are forbidden to go above what is written in the New Testament regarding matters of doctrine, and since the New Testament has commanded us to sing and make melody in our hearts, then to ADD a different type of music to the vocal music that has been explicitly commanded is to defy the New Testament."
The problem lies heavily in that 'doctrines' are committed from men and not God. The only permissible doctrine of God is that of the great commission of us telling the world about Jesus, to love God with everything and to love your neighbor as yourself. Now then, aiding sing with instruments of music is not adding a different type of music. They are the same music. That is why the one who accompanies the singing plays the same music as the one who is singing. Bill, you have played the organ for a church before. You should know that.
Finally, Bill, Tom was right on it when he says that you are big on telling others what they think. It is your defense mechanism when you know you are wrong, and you are wrong often. It comes out of a need for self-preservation.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

God's Doctrine vs. Doctrines of Man

July 31 2011, 11:41 PM 

OK. Your "first" point "almost" qualifies you as another English instructor ( wink.gif ). Let's not go there, however, since we're making it a point that there is the SGP thread reserved for that purpose.

With regard to our "second" point, you disagreed [which is fine] with someone's definition of "is not happy"; but would you expect others to agree with your own: "Your happiness lies in condemnation of others"?

Although I disagree with your other comments, it is a good start for everyone to discuss civilly.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Just for the Record

August 1 2011, 12:03 AM 

Just for the record since Dave brought it up, "I wonder why" is a declarative sentence, not an interrogative sentence. It requires a period, not a question mark.

Here's an interrogative sentence: "Why is Dave so angry all the time?" wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Yes!

August 8 2011, 9:46 AM 

Well, for sure, William, you want have to worry about me calling you "Mr. Crump."
You can dress him up and take him to town, but a man is who is he, and is known by and because of his heart and attitude.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Yes!

August 8 2011, 2:53 PM 

Dave wrote: "Well, for sure, William, you [won't] have to worry about [my] calling you 'Mr. Crump.'"

Yes, Dave, we know that you despise calling those who disagree with you by their rightful title. But that's OK. As I told Tom, I've never demanded that anyone call me Doctor on this board. How I elect to identify myself is of no concern to you, Tom, or anyone else for that matter. Most people have addressed me either as Bill, William, Dr. Crump, or Brother Crump of their own free will. People choose to be insulting when they deliberately bypass all those polite forms of address and call me "Mr. Crump." Since you enjoy insulting those who disagree with you, Dave, I'm delighted you haven't resorted to "Mr. Crump." You may be more mature (but not by much) than I had initially thought. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Catholic/Protestant Advantage

August 9 2011, 1:32 AM 

Still at it, eh? What does all that have to do with the price of eggs (or tea) in China?

OK, here's a question regarding religious censuses and statistics:

Are churches of Christ at a disadvantage when "members" are counted for a religious body? I am sure that the Roman Catholic Church counts everyone, including sprinkled (baptized) babies as "members"; Protestant denominations do, too. In the church of Christ, only those baptized [at the age of accountability] are members of the church. So, what about family members who are not yet Christians?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: The Catholic/Protestant Advantage

August 9 2011, 9:02 AM 

Yes, Donnie. What DOES one person's going berserk over the way another person identifies himself here have to do with the price of eggs, tea, or dogs on the menu in China?

Respond to this message   
R*
(no login)

Re: The Catholic/Protestant Advantage

August 17 2011, 12:15 AM 

Poor Dr. Crump, just can't get the respect he craves from his peers. Sad, sad indeed. [linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

He's Baaaaack!

August 17 2011, 2:19 PM 

Re: What Ya Think? July 25 2011, 10:09 AM (posted by R*)

"I believe that I will go ahead and dip out. I think y'all already have the kind of forum you want here. I find it all a bit strange. It's not for me."

Well, after due consideration, R* must have had a (fickle) change of heart, because he is back! I told you that he would pull a Douglas MacArthur, who said, "...I shall return." It's common for the fainthearted to drop out and take a breather from the heat here. I guess R* feels that he has "recuperated" enough to return. He's "fiddling" with his little cartoons again.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Fiddle This

August 17 2011, 11:13 PM 

What's even worse is those who never leave and will not leave, but should.....know what I mean?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Fiddle This

August 18 2011, 8:43 AM 

Yes, Dave, we know that you contribute nothing of value to this board. Since you despise this site so much, you should leave. In fact, you shoulc have left long ago. So why don't YOU take this as your invitation to get out of Dodge? Jump onto your mule, head into the sunset, and don't look back. Maybe some other incarnation of FaithSite will welcome you. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Asked and Answered

August 18 2011, 1:47 PM 

Dave: "What's even worse ARE those who never leave and will not leave, but should.....know what I mean?"

Dr Crump to Dave: "In fact, you should have left long ago."

Respond to this message   
R*
(no login)

Re: Asked and Answered

August 18 2011, 9:06 PM 

Is it the old wily math teacher scam? We will never know for sure. But why rat on yourself, Dr. Crump?

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Ever Heard the One About the Guilty Dog That Barks?

August 18 2011, 5:20 PM 

I didn't mean any names, did I?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Ever Heard the One About the Guilty Dog That Barks?

August 18 2011, 10:09 PM 

Of course you did, Dave. You BARK all the time. wink.gif

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter