Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Tom Brite
(no login)

Re: Sin is Still Always Sin

September 12 2011, 7:53 PM 

Bill, what is a demonimation? I know you never make a mistake so I'm sure you have a good explanation for what that means. Some of us are just not as learned as you. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Teaching

September 12 2011, 9:38 PM 

I thought Tom knew the definition of "denomination." Perhaps not. There's the dictionary definition, and then there's the REAL definition: A denomination is any "faith" other than the Church of Christ. There are hundreds of different "denominations," but there is only ONE Church of Christ. Here endeth the lesson for Tom.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Teaching

September 12 2011, 9:54 PM 

Gotcha, Tom! wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

September 14 2011, 9:46 PM 

Bill, I don't think you got anything except to once again be proven wrong. It is tiring work, but someone has to bring you down to earth! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

September 13 2011, 7:16 AM 

No, Bill, I know the definition of denomination, I learned that years ago, but I was interested in your use of the word demonimation.

Respond to this message   
Fred Whaley
(no login)

Superb Teaching

September 13 2011, 10:20 AM 

Denominate means to name regardless of what Dr. Crump claims. To be set on the name Church of Christ is to make it a denomination.

Your old pal(a close friend), Fred Whaley

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

You can Always Say that Red is White, but it Will Never Be So.....

September 12 2011, 2:43 PM 

Donnie said "The church of Christ (of which you are a member) is only following God's truth."

Correct. It is men like you who fill a church seat and believe that they are actually members of that church who are actually living an ungodly life (this site is living proof of that). The church of Christ teaches the Word, and you are not teaching the Word.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

You can Always Say that Red is White, but it Will Never Be So.....

September 12 2011, 3:22 PM 

Donnie said "The church of Christ (of which you are a member) is only following God's truth."

Correct. It is men like you who fill a church seat and believe that they are actually members of that church who are actually living an ungodly life (this site is living proof of that). The church of Christ teaches the Word, and you are not teaching the Word.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Substituting Your Name (Dave)

September 12 2011, 9:25 PM 

Dave, it's not for me to judge that you live an ungodly life [I don't live in your neighborhood] as you have incessantly judged me as ungodly and a sinner [and you don't live in my neighborhood].

But both of us agree that "the church of Christ is only following God's truth." And we might add that the church of Christ teaches the Word.

It is my turn to place your name in the following statement: It is men like you, Dave, who claim to be members of the church that does not believe that mechanical music has any place in the gathering of saints who teach and admonish one another the word of Christ. But these men [like you who] refuse to accept the historical truth that the New Testament church never indulged in operating musical devices and objects even though they were available at the time.

Accept the truth for once, Dave.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Same Ole Tune

September 13 2011, 6:43 AM 

The truth Donnie?
No, I do not live in your neighborhood, but you helped create this wicked site that has lashed out against churches of Christ. Your actions here to support this wicked site means that I don't have to go to your neighborhood. It is obvious. It isn't ME judging. You have done that for yourself.

You said "the church that does not believe that mechanical music has any place in the gathering of saints who teach and admonish one another the word of Christ." But these men [like you who] refuse to accept the historical truth that the New Testament church never indulged in operating musical devices and objects even though they were available at the time."

The church nor the Word support your theory of not believing that musical instruments has a place in the worship of God. The history of the first century church seemed to have not used instruments so your logic concludes that instruments used in the assembly are wrong. YOU and your LOGIC are wrong. That has already been proven. You can also scream at the top of your lungs until our Lord Jesus comes again that I support instrumental music in the assembly, but your know better. I will not condemn instrumental music because someone like you doesn't prefer it, or even if historically the churches of Christ haven PREFERRED not to use instruments in the assembly. I will not add to the Word of God by calling instrumental music in the worship assembly to God a sin. I will leave that sinful duty up to others who are foolish enough to want to face the wrath of God.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Definitely a Mistaken Identity with the Lord's Church -- Yours Is

September 13 2011, 9:02 PM 

Dave,

"Preference" is what culture and the world use to justify political correctness or social approval. Instrumental music lovers enjoy this kind of an atmosphere or environment -- "holy entertainment" in "corporate musical worship."

On the other hand, "commandment" or "directive" is what the New Testament saints obey or follow. There is a DIRECTIVE to "let the word of Christ dwell in you richly ... speaking to yourselves ... teaching and admonishing one another in ... songs."

It is very simple, isn't it, Dave? No twisting. No spinning.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Shifting Burden

September 14 2011, 1:34 PM 

Since Christ commanded us to teach the Word of God in the church in the wilderness and outlawed the alarm which was vocal or instrumental rejoicing, and He never changed his mind.

Since Jesus commanded us to teach what HE commanded to be taught until the end of the World.

And sinc Peter commanded that the Prophets by the Spirit OF christ and the prophecies made more certain by Jesus of Nazareth be out ONLY teaching resource...

And since Peter outlawed private interpretation or further expounding and marked those who violated that as false teachers.

And Christ in the prophets repudiated the Civil, military, clergy complex as robbers and parasites and connected musical instruments with telling God to SHUT YOUR FACE.

And no one prior to David's generation found any authority for instruments.

He has the burden to PROVE that Jesus or the prophets or historical church of christ COMMANDED or PRACTICED the use of "machines" when they met to PREACH the Word by READING the word.

If mom tells me how to make a peach cobbler she is human enough and her son is literate enough that she didn't have to command that I NOT add horseradish.

DAVE HAS THE BURDEN TO PROVE THAT HE HAS ANY HOPE FOR "GOING BEYOND THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN."

HE NEEDS TO CEASE the diarrhea of the mouth and present some evidence: as it stands he seems to be in the same dither as the people who fell for Satan's command to form mixed-sex chorus, instrument players, putting on of apparel (clerg robes) or anything beyond "Command them to teach what I have commanded to be taught."

If you say that He DIDN'T SAY "don't teach anything that interferes with the educational process" then you have no respect for Jesus Christ and the Lake of Fire is prepared for you forever and ever amen.

http://www.piney.com/Isa30LXX.html

This was the FOR WHOM HELL IS PREPARED by The Spirit of Christ:: if you say that Christ didn't warn everyone against the musicator's wind, string or percussion instruments then you need to be locked up until Jesus comes. These are the same instruments brought into the Garden of Eden as the "singing and harp playing prostitute." If this universal PERSONA doesn't bother you then eat, drink and make mary (dick or harry)

Respond to this message   
Ray
(no login)

Godless Chatter

September 16 2011, 9:38 AM 

Dave,

I appreciate what you are trying to do - It is good to try to bring fellow Christians back to persuing Christ as the foundation of their faith and away from godless chatter. But at some point, we need to recognize that websites such as this one exist to tickle the ears of those who do not want the Truth but only want want to grumble and gripe like the Israelites of old. We know that the moderator here will edit out anything he does not think is edifying in his own eyes, while allowing free reign to the true dominator of this site. We know that he will freely ignore scriptures that do not support his theology. And we know that rather than discuss differences of opinion, he will condemn brothers in the Lord as apostate - brothers that have put their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour - solely because of this difference of opinion.

I look here from time to time to ensure the lies that have been posted about my home congregation do not go unchallenged, because this site allows promotion of lies rather than seeking the truth. Other than that, I avoid any regular posting because this site is so ungodly, and because to engage frequently would be to ignore Paul's instructions to Timothy: "Avoid godless, foolish discussions with those who oppose you with their so-called knowledge. Some people have wandered from the faith by following such foolishness"

Dave, if this is how you are called to minister, God be with you and strengthen your resolve to stand for His word against the godless chatter. Otherwise, consider how Satan is allowing this site to attack God's Church and our spiritual walk with our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

2 Timothy: better read the whole story.

September 16 2011, 1:44 PM 

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Godless Chatter

September 16 2011, 3:46 PM 

Yes, Ray, we've noted that Dave does an excellent job of "ministering" with his own form of godless chatter, AKA baloney. We all can follow Dave's shining example about how to behave as perfect Christians on religious discussion boards: scream insults, hurl condemnations, jump up and down, and throw the proverbial sand in the air like Dave does when anyone disagrees with him. In so doing, Dave clearly shows us how idiotically self-righteous the mindsets of the change agents and their sympathizers have become.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter