Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Come to me all ye that LABOR and I will give you REST

February 16 2012 at 2:24 PM
Ken Sublett  (Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 166.248.129.94

If Jesus defined both the Jewish and other Pagan religion as a BURDEN laded on the backs of the poor including the Babylonian Tithe, and He died to give us REST from that CROOKED RACE, then why do you suppose the preachers and "scholars" don't have a remote clue about what the words meant and therefore agree with the MUSICATORS that God commanded instrumental praise even if I have to CONFISCATE your church to give occupation and a place in the respectable mainstream for that which both repulses and excites us--like a plane wreck?

Those who bore laded burdens (songs) were promised REST: The Greek Pauo means REST.

I have posted MOST of the ways PAUO is used in the Bible and Greek literature. Whatever you plan to do as "worship services" Jesus said JUST STOP IT. Your burden is to determine which of these things PAUO is said to STOP or SILENCE you can just IGNORE because you need to be a burden lader to justify your existence.

I have left out most of the LINKS so you can focus on the things INCLUDED when Jesus promised REST. You can dig for yourself if you are willing to spend a year or so.

Or you might have a LOGICAL meaning of the word BURDEN and the word REST to fit your patternism.

http://www.piney.com/I.Will.Give.You.Rest.html

If you are unwilling to accept historic scholarship to defend lading BURDENS including "a tax not in time of war" then we wish you the best.

If Jesus gave us REST which has the same meaning as SABBATH which outlawed anything but PREACHING the word by READING the Word then you repudiate the Work and WORD of Jesus Christ who IS the only Master Teacher over HIS flock.

Perhaps others are unwilling to trump the Word of Christ and the UNIVERSAL meaning of the Word Jesus PICKED. REST means REST as in the word REST. A SERVICE under the Law and now is called HARD BONDAGE. Musicators and Fabricators are NOT Disciples and cannot be Christians.

Paul warned about those who COULD NOT READ BLACK TEXT ON WHITE PAPER: those are excused from class to do LYING WONDERS which includes all of the performing ARTS and ARTISTS to keep up the DELUSION until it is time for us to go.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Brian Cade
(no login)

Re: Come to me all ye that LABOR and I will give you REST

February 16 2012, 2:57 PM 

If Jesus defined both the Jewish and other Pagan religion as a BURDEN laded on the backs of the poor including the Babylonian Tithe, and He died to give us REST from that CROOKED RACE, then why do you suppose the preachers and "scholars" don't have a remote clue about what the words meant and therefore agree with the MUSICATORS that God commanded instrumental praise even if I have to CONFISCATE your church to give occupation and a place in the respectable mainstream for that which both repulses and excites us--like a plane wreck?

Non sequiter. Invalid.

Those who bore laded burdens (songs) were promised REST: The Greek Pauo means REST.

I have posted MOST of the ways PAUO is used in the Bible and Greek literature. Whatever you plan to do as "worship services" Jesus said JUST STOP IT. Your burden is to determine which of these things PAUO is said to STOP or SILENCE you can just IGNORE because you need to be a burden lader to justify your existence.

I have left out most of the LINKS so you can focus on the things INCLUDED when Jesus promised REST. You can dig for yourself if you are willing to spend a year or so.

Or you might have a LOGICAL meaning of the word BURDEN and the word REST to fit your patternism.

Non sequiter. Invalid.

If you are unwilling to accept historic scholarship to defend lading BURDENS including "a tax not in time of war" then we wish you the best.

Non sequiter. Invalid.

If Jesus gave us REST which has the same meaning as SABBATH which outlawed anything but PREACHING the word by READING the Word then you repudiate the Work and WORD of Jesus Christ who IS the only Master Teacher over HIS flock.

BCV for this?

Perhaps others are unwilling to trump the Word of Christ and the UNIVERSAL meaning of the Word Jesus PICKED. REST means REST as in the word REST.

Non sequiter from the above.

A SERVICE under the Law and now is called HARD BONDAGE

Incomplete sentence.

Musicators and Fabricators are NOT Disciples and cannot be Christians.

Non sequiter; invalid conclusion.

Paul warned about those who COULD NOT READ BLACK TEXT ON WHITE PAPER: those are excused from class to do LYING WONDERS which includes all of the performing ARTS and ARTISTS to keep up the DELUSION until it is time for us to go.

Weak conclusion; also invalid.

Grade = fail.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

February 16 2012, 5:58 PM 

I believe people would take Brian more seriously if his responses to Ken consisted of meaningful dialogue instead of short phrases and single words like "Non sequiter [sic]. Invalid"; "Incomplete sentence"; "Weak conclusion; also invalid."

Since Brian uses "non sequiter [sic]" multiple times, it would be to his advantage if he spelled it CORRECTLY as "non sequitur."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Thanks

February 16 2012, 6:19 PM 

I believe that this is proof that he attended a Preacher's School or School of Preaching. Now, education if fine but such schools or the best universities are no better than their faculty.

This kind of logic appears quite often when they use it to defend a creed.

For instance,

God commanded instrumental worship under the LAW
We are not under the law
Therfore, instrumental is not specificially commanded.

First premise is utterly false or they would not have to resort to human logic which is FORBIDDEN by the Logos word. If human logic had any value then Jesus wasted His time and life.

By looking for logical set ups they totally miss being a DISCIPLE which wouldn't give any of any time to make music for that one hour or so when we gather to listen to Jesus. That leaves about 165 hours for anyone to sing and play to their hearts content.

The other false logic is "the law of singing."
If singing with instruments is a sin
The you cannot sing a song out of the blue book with instruments monday morning.

The extreme of logical legalism is that we see singing with an instrument as a superstition to be avoided.

I have noticed that there seems not to be the ability of any of the imposers to come face to face with the assertions to produce another jot or tittle which validates playing instruments while pretending to teach the word in psalms, hymns and spiritual songs and all the rest.

Respond to this message   
BrianCade
(Login BrianCade)

Re: Thanks

February 16 2012, 7:56 PM 

I believe that this is proof that he attended a Preacher's School or School of Preaching. Now, education if fine but such schools or the best universities are no better than their faculty.

Never have, never will.

For instance,

God commanded instrumental worship under the LAW
We are not under the law
Therfore, instrumental is not specificially commanded.

First premise is utterly false or they would not have to resort to human logic which is FORBIDDEN by the Logos word. If human logic had any value then Jesus wasted His time and life.

Evidence?

By looking for logical set ups they totally miss being a DISCIPLE which wouldn't give any of any time to make music for that one hour or so when we gather to listen to Jesus. That leaves about 165 hours for anyone to sing and play to their hearts content.

Emotive language is not evidence.

The other false logic is "the law of singing."
If singing with instruments is a sin
The you cannot sing a song out of the blue book with instruments monday morning.

Your conclusion does not follow, i.e. non sequitur.

The extreme of logical legalism is that we see singing with an instrument as a superstition to be avoided.

Non sequitur; your conclusion does not follow from your previous emotive statements.

I have noticed that there seems not to be the ability of any of the imposers to come face to face with the assertions to produce another jot or tittle which validates playing instruments while pretending to teach the word in psalms, hymns and spiritual songs and all the rest.

This makes no sense.

Grade = Fail

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 16 2012, 8:38 PM 

Statement: God commanded instrumental worship under the LAW
utterly false.

Rebuttal: Proof?

Answer: God did not command instrumental worship under the law.

I can't find where God did not command instrumental worship.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

February 17 2012, 1:17 AM 

Brian's responses are improving, but he still has a tendency to resort to short phrases and single words to "express" himself. Complete sentences explain his opposing views more clearly.

Respond to this message   
BrianCade
(Login BrianCade)

February 16 2012, 7:44 PM 

Oops, I stand corrected - "non sequitur". Substitute for "non sequiter" in my previous post as needed.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

"Where's the Beef?" Commercial

February 19 2012, 2:33 AM 

Brian,

So far you haven't presented your rebuttal. I am disappointed in your responses:
Non sequiter. Invalid.
Non sequiter. Invalid.
Non sequiter. Invalid.
BCV for this?
Non sequiter from the above.
Incomplete sentence.
Non sequiter; invalid conclusion.
Weak conclusion; also invalid.
Grade = fail.
Never have, never will.
Evidence?
Emotive language is not evidence.
Your conclusion does not follow, i.e. non sequitur.
Non sequitur; your conclusion does not follow from your previous emotive statements.
This makes no sense.
Grade = Fail
Oops, I stand corrected - "non sequitur". Substitute for "non sequiter" in my previous post as needed.
Let us learn from you.

Respond to this message   
Brian Cade
(no login)

Re: "Where's the Beef?" Commercial

February 19 2012, 9:44 PM 

You already have; you just don't realize it.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 19 2012, 10:21 PM 

Brian: You already have; you just don't realize it.

Response: "Invalid; BCV for this?"

Oops! I do realize it now.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

February 21 2012, 4:01 PM 

Sarcasm is always the last resort for someone who has nothing substantial to say but still insists on speaking.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 21 2012, 5:24 PM 

"An eye for an eye...," Scripture says. It follows: "Sarcasm for sarcasm...." In my case, the difference is that sarcasm in response illustrates the point.

Here's the point: In a discussion or debate, when all the responder says that the original statement is "invalid," it is his responsibility to rebut with an explanation or evidence that his argument in response is valid. Do not expect the audience to "read your mind."

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Feb 21, 2012 5:38 PM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

February 21 2012, 6:58 PM 

It is not necessary to prove the opposite position in order to rebut the original statement. All one must do is show that the conclusion does not follow from the assertion. In this case, there is no reasoning to be done, or can be done, until the lunatic that's using argumentum ad bacculum realizes that his ranting and raving only makes him and, by extension, this website, look ridiculous. You can't teach anyone anything until they are teach-able.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 21 2012, 11:23 PM 

If "it is not necessary to prove..." that which is lunacy [from your viewpoint], then, you yourself should be incapable of drawing ANY conclusion from the assertion.

The issue here is the admission and impression you're giving that you understand the assertion and can readily draw your own conclusion that negates the premise.

In simple words, how can you say that a premise or an assertion is "INVALID" [one of your favorite responses] UNLESS you UNDERSTAND that premise or argument in the first place? And you did just that in your post immediately following the initial thread -- several times of "invalid" and other abbreviated responses.

Make up your mind: (1) Either request for further explanation as you are not completely understanding the premise; (2) or reserve your conclusion of "invalid" until a misunderstanding of a premise or an assertion has been clarified; (3) or initiate a brand new thread concerning any doctrinal issue you would want discussed.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

February 22 2012, 12:48 AM 

Post has nothing to do with the subject.

You might want to go back and be baptized into CHRIST?

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 75.200.23.232 on Feb 22, 2012 5:36 PM

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

February 21 2012, 9:40 PM 

There used to be a person on this board who was so insecure in himself that he insisted that everyone call him by his title of "doctor." This person rarely had anything substantive to say, but still insisted on speaking.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

February 22 2012, 8:48 AM 

And then there are some folks whose excessive abundance of skatol precludes their recognizing any posts of substance.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

February 26 2012, 9:57 PM 

Now let's see. This thread is supposed to be about "rest" and "musicators." Then without provocation, there appears an unsavory comment about a doctor that is completely off-topic. This would suggest that such an unfortunate comment arose from a personal vendetta against that doctor.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

In Context

February 22 2012, 12:06 AM 

Let's get back into the discussion. The beginning of the following chapter (c. 12) mentions "sabbath" (rest), keeping in mind that this was still within the period of Christ and His disciples and under the old covenant, near but prior to the establishment of the church. But in chapter 11, in context, let's review the last few verses [with emphases mine, d.c.]:
[24] But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee. At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Without deviating too much from the premise presented in the initial message, I would like to bring up the following elements into the discussion, as I look into the passage in more detail and try to relate the various elements amongst each other:

1) the day of judgment (future)
2) the communication between the Father and the Son
3) ... and vice versa, but where is "the Spirit of God"?
4) "ye that labor and are heavy laden"--who are they?
5) "will give you rest" -- distant future? near future?
6) "my yoke is easy" -- is there still that "yoke"?
7) "my burden is light" -- is there still that "burden"?
8) rest -- is it from the old covenant "sabbath"
9) etc.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter