Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Invitation to the Baptists who need to repent

March 16 2012 at 10:04 PM
Ken Sublett  (Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 166.248.128.10

Brian L. Hedrick Baptist Biblical Foundations for Instrumental Music In Worship

http://www.piney.com/Brian.L.Hedrick.Baprist.Biblical.Foundations.Instrumental.Music.Worship.html

Brian L Hedrick builds his foundation for instrumental music on four pillars. Each of these pillars seems--like those in churches of Christ--are pulled out of a topical Bible because there is never any evidence that he has read any of the clearstory.

His first pillar includes Charles Spurgeon who denounces the use of instruments in no uncertain terms and affirms that this is the view of all of the church fathers.

In time I will look at the other pillars.

Brian and the Baptists do not know that the Baptists split over the introductions on the same grounds that the Church of Christ continued to NOT DO what it had NEVER DONE. As late as the turn of the 20th century they were still dividing.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 166.248.64.163 on Mar 19, 2012 11:04 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Racnor
(no login)

Invitation to ALL who need to repent

March 19 2012, 9:52 PM 

Romans 3:23 Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible

For all have sinned, and do need the glory of God.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: Invitation to ALL who need to repent

March 19 2012, 10:54 PM 

Why not just use the KJV? Romans 3:23--"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

Respond to this message   
Racnor
(no login)

Re: Invitation to ALL who need to repent

March 19 2012, 11:15 PM 

It speaks to me. It just sounds more like something I would say. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Also: an Invitation to the Change Agents -- to REPENT

March 19 2012, 11:42 PM 

Actually, the book of Romans centers on the gospel of Christ, God's power unto salvation. Would you believe that the subject of "sin" is dealt with in this book more so than many of the other books of the Bible? At the same time, however, God's grace is mentioned in this book, perhaps, more than anywhere else in the Bible.

I believe that while the book of Acts directs us to what steps to follow in order to be converted to Christ (including hearing, faith, repentance, baptism) -- man's part, the book of Romans informs us of His grace -- God's part.

So, I agree with you in quoting Romans 3:23 -- there is an invitation to all, sinners receiving redemption in Christ Jesus, the remission of sins that are past (verse 25).

But I think that you have not fully understood the message in the original post. The process of conversion to Christ is not exactly the theme of the article. BTW, how much do you know about Charles Spurgeon? Founders of a number of Protestant churches denounced instrumental music. The article indicates that Spurgeon, known as the "Prince of Preachers," denounced instrumental music.

Repentance is not always something that sinners (the unconverted: in this sense, those outside of Christ) do. Even the Lord repented, although for a good reason (Exo. 32:14; Gen. 6:6,7; Judges 2:18; etc.).

I would add to the message in the article that there is an invitation to the "change agents" in the brotherhood to REPENT for being anti-church of Christ by promoting the mechanical operation of musical instruments in the assembly -- disturbing peaceful congregations and causing division.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Also: an Invitation to the Change Agents -- to REPENT

March 19 2012, 11:48 PM 

Why should they repent? They haven't done anything against God, only against your prejudices/preferences. I dare say you've played the "weaker brother" card more than once.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 19 2012, 11:56 PM 

By your (and man's) standards, they haven't done anything against God and shouldn't repent.

But the Holy Scripture is the standard. And this is not about my "prejudices/preferences." [How do you know that my "preference" is not the same as yours -- as far as preferences go?] FYI, neither of our preferences counts; God rules, and His directives matter.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

March 20 2012, 1:08 AM 

When the man-made denominations develop their own "spiritual" doctrine, they become quite comfortable with it and even believe that God must surely accept it: "If it feels right, it must be right with God." Oh how the denominations fool themselves.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

I Once Was Lost But Now I Am Found

March 20 2012, 10:38 AM 

William "B" Crump.....weren't you once the organ-playing baptist yourself?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Max Lucado

March 20 2012, 11:39 AM 

After Max Lucado and his female change agent twisted all of the scriptures to seduce the elders into adding instruments, Max claimed that he had a vision which included taking the name of Christ off the public confession and adding instruments. A Baptist Publisher says that they told Max that he would have to reform. I don't know the facts.

However, Max hire himself a Baptist preacher for his church because he said he was more sympathetic to the Baptist view.

I'll bet all of those "investors" didn't know about the plan before they invested.

The Baptists pour more venom onto churches of Christ than any group but of course their scholars are saying they were wrong about baptism being BECAUSE they had been saved.

Lots of them identify the church of Christ as a CULT. I just invite the Baptists OR church of Christ church bandits to defend themselves. Because they are quite willing to bait and switch and sow massive among THEIR church, I might suggest as a starter.

Find one command,example or remote inference that any of God's people ever assembled for congregational singing with instrumental accompaniment.

If they are not willing to do that they might show how they can trump the Bible assigning the wind,string and percussion instruments to "Lucifer the singing and harp playing prostitute in the garden of Eden.

Respond to this message   
Racnor
(no login)

Praise ye the Lord

March 20 2012, 5:47 PM 

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible

Psalm 150
Laudate Dominum in sanctis. An exhortation to praise God with all sorts of instruments. Alleluia.

[1] Praise ye the Lord in his holy places: praise ye him in the firmament of his power. [2] Praise ye him for his mighty acts: praise ye him according to the multitude of his greatness. [3] Praise him with sound of trumpet: praise him with psaltery and harp. [4] Praise him with timbrel and choir: praise him with strings and organs. [5] Praise him on high sounding cymbals: praise him on cymbals of joy: let every spirit praise the Lord. Alleluia.

http://drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=21&ch=150

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

I forget

March 20 2012, 6:22 PM 

I forget: which congregation was that? And who was the singers? and Dancers?

Poems tend to be poetic # 150 is not a psalm but a Halal

And how about that Firmament?

David was King and His task was to threten the enemy into cowardice.

Don't forget to remember that the nation had been abandoned to worship the starry host. The Praise is not singing!

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Apr 10, 2012 1:08 AM

Respond to this message   
Racnor
(no login)

Re: I forget

March 20 2012, 6:30 PM 

Psalm 150 is a psalm in the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament. In it, the writer urges the congregation to praise God with music and dancing. The text, beloved by Jews and Christians alike, has often been set to music. The basic concept of this psalm is that there are a variety of ways one can praise God.

Wikipedia

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

March 21 2012, 12:11 AM 

I think it is far more wise to rely on the New Testament's directives for Christian praise to God--with our voices in song--and not on what is written in the Old Testament or in Wikipedia.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 21 2012, 12:27 AM 

Psalm 23 is a psalm:
"The LORD is my shepherd; ... He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake ... and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."

Psalm 150 is a poem in the Book of Psalms. A poem directly expresses the individual emotions of the poet:
Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

Has anyone ever bothered to write music notes to Psalm 150 ... and then let your denomination's congregants sing it with the accompaniment of the musical instruments listed in the poem?

And the listed instruments to be played are:

-- Trumpet
-- Psaltery
-- Harp
-- Timbrel
-- Stringed instruments
-- Organs
-- Loud cymbals
-- High sounding cymbals

And let's not forget:

-- Dancing

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Max Lucado

March 20 2012, 11:12 PM 

Lots of them identify the church of Christ as a CULT. I just invite the Baptists OR church of Christ church bandits to defend themselves.

To whom? They haven't done anything wrong except call you and those like you on their legalistic prejudices.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Cause and Concern

March 21 2012, 7:23 AM 

Donnie Cruz asked "Has anyone ever bothered to write music notes to Psalm 150 ... and then let your denomination's congregants sing it with the accompaniment of the musical instruments listed in the poem?"

...THAT type of fallible and unrealistic reasoning/interrogation is why concerned members drives people away so easily. This is the same man who admitted that there are members of his own congregation who has trouble with his ways and this website....and he said that he knows and doesn't care.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Musical Instruments and Dancing

March 21 2012, 8:40 AM 

Such an unrealistic but logical reasoning may drive anti-church of Christ, change agents-loving followers away from CM. But the readership has remained steadily and many times has increased.

Dave, you are a musician (and an elder of a non-instrumental congregation). Why don't you give it a try? You can very easily do that -- write the musical notes to the Psalm 150 poetry without missing a single musical instrument from the list. If the list of instruments is not good enough, you can add a few more from Daniel 3 -- cornet, flute, harp, sackbut. But you may not include the guitar and piano as they are not in the Scripture. sad.gif

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: Musical Instruments and Dancing

March 21 2012, 10:17 AM 

Psalm 23 has been set to music in modern times. So has the Lord's Prayer. Both can be easily sung without instrumental accompaniment. Yet no one today that I know of has set Psalm 150 to music. If singing it with instruments was so important in David's time, there apparently is no oral tradition extant about how to play it. Perhaps that is a way of letting us know that Psalm 150 should be read simply as a historical poem of a former era.

Respond to this message   
Racnor
(no login)

Re: Musical Instruments and Dancing

July 31 2012, 1:15 PM 

This is just for "B". Psalm 150 set to music. Enjoy! happy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLpDaPQXlXU

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter