Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Nashville School of Preaching and the Holy Spirit

April 4 2012 at 3:37 PM
Ken Sublett  (Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 174.254.156.15

http://www.piney.com/Nashville.School.of.Preaching.and.The.Holy.Spirit.html

Seeing God as three "persons" each with their "centers of consciousness" and each given their own dispensation was invented by H. Leo Boles of David Lipscomb College (LU) and promoted by the Gospel Advocate and therefore the dogma of many churches of Christ.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login BrianCade)

Re: Nashville School of Preaching and the Holy Spirit

April 4 2012, 5:17 PM 

Doctrine of the Trinity
1. There are three persons
2. Each one is fully God.
3. There is one God.
This is basic Christian doctrine.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Absolutely False

April 4 2012, 5:37 PM 

No one prior to the slow ones in the Church of Christ dared define the Godhead as three persons. This is the meaning of ANTI CHRIST--sharing His glory

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly,
....that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified,
....both Lord and Christ.

Rom. 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle,
....separated unto the gospel of God,
Rom. 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
Rom. 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord,
....which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
Rom. 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power,
....according to the spirit of holiness,
....by the resurrection from the dead:

1Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved,
....and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God,
....and one mediator between God and men,
....the man Christ Jesus;
1Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
1Timothy 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher,
....and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;)
....a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

If you deny THAT John calls you an ANTI-CHRIST because you refuse to give full authority to Jesus of Nazareth.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Absolutely False

April 4 2012, 8:20 PM 

...which has nothing to do with the doctrine of the Trinity. Face it, redneck, you over-reached yourself on this one.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Just as I thought

April 4 2012, 8:55 PM 

I didn't think you had A holy spirit which means that you can't read the Word with discernment.

If the ONE God in Heaven made Jesus of Nazareth TO BE both Lord and Christ then Jesus was NOT one of the three members of the God family from all eternity. That repudiates the pagan trinity.

You MUST be a preachercator? I just laugh and laugh and laugh.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 174.252.150.241 on Apr 4, 2012 8:57 PM

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Absolutely False: Is Your Spirit Your Other Person?

April 4 2012, 11:47 PM 

Man has a spirit.

You, too, have a spirit. Agree or disagree?

Would you consider your spirit as another person of you?

Here's another concept, actually "truth," for you to consider:
Jesus Christ HAS a spirit:
  • "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit OF God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit OF Christ, he is none of his." (Romans 8:9)

• "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit OF Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow." (I Peter 1:11)

• "For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit OF Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:19)

Question: Is the Spirit OF Jesus Christ the third person of the Roman Catholic Church's doctrine of the Trinity?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 4 2012, 11:12 PM 

Brian,

Not so fast.

The "Doctrine of the Trinity," according to you and others, is "basic Christian doctrine"?

I think not.

Study the "history of the Christian Church" [speaking here in general terms]. You will soon discover that the Roman Catholic Church originated the "Doctrine of the Trinity." It is a doctrine inherited and propagated by the Protestant Churches. This doctrine should remind you of another one -- also Roman Catholic -- the doctrine that Jesus needed/needs [a] "Mother"; thus, "the Father, the Son, and the 'Mother of God'" [the Virgin Mary].

The Trinity doctrine has been discussed here before. We don't mind discussing it here again.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

AntiChrist

April 4 2012, 10:44 PM 

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be IN you.
1John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One,

khrisma spiritual grace, Isous khristos
and ye know all things
A
holy spirit or
A good conscience, consiousness.

John 14:9 Jesus
saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and
yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?
Which is the same as: Which
is the same as
:
he that
hath seen me hath seen the
Father
;

and HOW sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
He is antichrist, that denieth the
      Father
      and
      the Son.
John
14:10 Believest thou not that I am IN the Father, and the Father
IN me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but
the Father that dwelleth
IN me, he doeth the works.
1 John
2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son

he
that acknowledgeth the Son 
the same
hath not the Father:

hath the Father also

Removed HTML code from name; post unedited

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Apr 6, 2012 7:01 PM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: AntiChrist

April 5 2012, 4:30 AM 

...againm this has nothing to do with the doctrine of the trinity. You don't know what you are talking about, as usual.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 5 2012, 5:18 AM 

You may have a point: "this has nothing to do with the doctrine of the trinity." Why? Because the trinity doctrine is NOT FOUND in the Bible.

John clearly explains the relationship between the Father and His Son. In John's account -- "that I am IN the Father, and the Father IN me" -- just where was/is the spirit of Jesus Christ?

Now, we know about the spirit of Jesus Christ or the spirit of God in: Philippians 1:9; Romans 8:9; I Peter 1:11. Find out and study these and other passages very carefully.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 5 2012, 12:44 PM 

Donnie: John clearly explains the relationship between the Father and His Son. In John's account -- "that I am IN the Father, and the Father IN me" -- just where was/is the spirit of Jesus Christ?

Of the "different in some respects Comforter" Jesus said "I" will come to you. People have made a profession out of disputing the unique authority of "Jesus of Nazareth" and I have never found the "brotherhood" able to stomach quoting the punch line:

John 14:17 Even the Spirit OF truth; whom the world cannot receive,
because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:
but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Donnie probably passed "remedial reading, grade 6" since he grasps that "Father-Son" dwells IN the obedient believer AND the obedient believer dwells IN Father-Son. The Holy (wholly) Spirit is not mentioned because Jesus made it clear that I WILL COME TO YOU.

John who named the Comforting Holy Spirit as Jesus Christ the Righteous says that if you DON'T grasp that ONE GOD and One Lord relationship you are an ANTI-CHRIST.

How many God Persons are there? This is final exam:

1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God,
and one mediator between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus;

The neo Trinitarians originating in Nashville and plaguing everyone means--in my opinion--based on the strong delusion patternism which produces Lying Wonders as in musical and theatrical performance--that those so deceived will never, can never confess their faults.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

April 5 2012, 8:28 AM 

"Anonymous" doesn't support his accusations with Biblical references. Saying Ken is wrong does not make "Anonymous" right.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 5 2012, 9:20 PM 

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter [parakletos], that he may abide with you for ever; And if any man sin, we havean advocate [parakletos] with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous
John 14:17 Even the Spirit OF truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 1John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you 1John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth
them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of
my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
1John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar 
John 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? and the truth is not in him.  
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words  1John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby  we that we are in him.
and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 1John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Fathers which sent me. 1John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
John 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you,

1John 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old
commandment which ye had from the beginning.  
being yet present with you. The old commandment is the
word which ye have heard from the beginning.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the HolyGhost , whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
1John 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is
true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true
light now shineth
The Spirit's Name will be Jesus Christ 1John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. [trap or snare laid for an enemy]

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

April 7 2012, 1:24 AM 

What's obvious is that you are confusing the Trinity with Tri-theism; but that's understandable coming from a guy whose dates on the Stone-Campbell movement are off by a hundred years or more.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 7 2012, 4:07 AM 

Brian,

There is no confusion here between trinitarianism and tritheism. There are differences, but there is also commonness in both doctrines. Both teach that there are three separate persons or beings. That is not taught in the Scripture.

We can go for a lengthy discussion of the Trinity doctrine. But we can start with a simple premise -- by properly defining the word, the noun, the common/improper noun called "spirit." Let's expand that a bit to the expression "holy spirit" as it is commonly claimed that the "Holy Spirit of God" refers to the third person in the Trinity doctrine.

Would you be willing to accept the expressions [notice the capitalization for your benefit]:

(1) "the Spirit" and
(2) "the Holy Spirit" and
(3) "the Spirit OF God" and
(4) "the Holy Spirit OF God" and
(5) "the Spirit OF the Lord" and
(6) "the Spirit OF the Father" and
(7) "the Spirit OF Christ" and
(8) "the Spirit OF our God" and
(9) "the Spirit OF life in Christ Jesus"
(10) "the Spirit OF the living God"
(11) "the Spirit OF His Son"
(12) "the Spirit OF Jesus Christ"
(13) "the Spirit OF life from God"
(14) NOTE: The preposition "OF" denotes that from which anything proceeds or possession or ownership or "belonging to"

... are synonymous expressions that are commonly identified by Christendom as referring to the third person in the Trinity doctrine????

So, some of the simple questions for you at this point are as follows:

(1) What is the definition of the word "spirit"?
(2) Is "spirit" a noun -- a proper noun or common noun?
(3) Is the word "holy" a proper noun or an adjective in "holy spirit"?
(4) If Scripture teaches about "the spirit OF the Father" ...
(5) If Scripture teaches about "the spirit OF His Son" ...
(6) Does the Scripture teach about "the spirit OF the Holy Spirit"?
(7) Before we go any further, do you understand the question listed in items (4), (5) and (6)?
(8) In other words, (a) if the Father has a spirit and (b) if the Son has a spirit, (c) why would you say or not say that the Holy Spirit has a spirit?

Finally, in response to your comment about the Movement, truth is not only that the change agents are off but also that the change agents are the ones who are rewriting the history of the Restoration Movement.

Respond to this message   
ken sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Good Stuff

April 7 2012, 11:29 AM 

I have added this exchange to
The Nashville School of Preaching and The Holy Spirit

http://www.piney.com/Nashville.School.of.Preaching.and.The.Holy.Spirit.html

Boy, am I glad that at least one other person out there understands that "Holy" is not the first name of a people named Holy Spirit.

If someone tried to separate MY spirit from ME I would probably protect myself. That may be why John said that if you deny the Father - Son relationship you are an ANTI-Christ And as they say, THAT'S a Salvation Issue!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login BrianCade)

April 7 2012, 1:34 PM 

This raises the question of who or what is "The angel of the Lord". By your reasoning, the angel is the Lord yet context clearly shows that the angel is a separate and different person than the Lord.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 7 2012, 3:07 PM 

It depends on the definition of the word, along with the preposition "of" that indicates possession.

Both "spirit" and "angel" are nouns and entities. Both "belong to" the Lord. Both can be modified by an adjective, e.g., "holy," etc. On those points, I agree with you.

By definition, the word "spirit" as an entity is not a being. Throughout biblical history, events and occurrences, the word "spirit" has meant: "power," "breath," "wind," "mind," etc. For example: "[3] All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils" (Job 27:3). A "spirit" does not have a gender.

On the other hand, an "angel" is a being, a spiritual being [if that makes you happy]; nonetheless, a being.

Each one of us has a "spirit" -- whether holy or evil. But it doesn't mean that my spirit or your spirit is a separate being.

So, the "spirit OF the Lord" [a.k.a. "the spirit" or "the holy spirit" (which simply means "the spirit that is holy")] is the power or mind of God or Christ -- and is NOT a separate being.

Brian, I appreciate your spirit [pun intended?] of discourse this time. No animosity that I noticed. I agree with you on the related issue of "belongingness" or "possession" as to the use of the preposition "of." But, again, it goes back to the definition or identification of both nouns: (1) "spirit" as an entity meaning "power" or "wind" or "mind" vs. (2) "angel" as an entity that is a being.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login BrianCade)

April 7 2012, 6:20 PM 

Remember the first premise: God is three persons. This means that the Father is not the Son; they are two distinct persons. It also means that the Father is not the Holy Spirit; they are two distinct persons as well.
The idea that the Holy Spirit is the force of God or the power of God is understandable but flawed because the New Testament says otherwise. There are several verses where the Holy Spirit is put in a coordinate relationship with the Father and the Son (Matt. 28:19; 1 Cor. 12:4-6; 2 Cor. 13:14; Eph. 4:4-6; 1 Peter 1:2):since the Father and Son are both distinct persons, the coordinate expression strongly intimates that the Holy Spirit is a person also. Then there are places where the masculine pronoun he (Gk. ekeinos) is applied to the Holy Spirit (John 14:26; 15:26; 16:13-14), which one would not expect from the rules of Greek grammar, for the word "spirit" (Gk. pneuma) is neuter, not masculine, and would ordinarily be referred to with the neuter pronoun ekeino. Moreover, the name counselor or comforter (Gk. parakletos) is a term commonly used to speak of a person who helps or gives comfort or counsel to another person or persons and is used of the Holy Spirit in John's gospel (14:16, 26; 15:26; 16:7).

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 7 2012, 7:59 PM 

Brian,

I really appreciate you and one of the few times you've shown as being willing to discuss doctrinal differences. You brought up a very usual set of arguments that can be disproved very easily. Let me remind you again that the Trinity doctrine was invented by the Roman Catholic Church -- approved in the Council of Nicea. Doctrinally speaking, there are quite a few of the papal doctrines that the Protestant Churches have propagated. I think you should be one of those intelligent folks who would readily point out that the RCC is dominated by man-made traditions and creeds, not surprisingly, as the Roman government and paganism had so much influence upon what later became the ever-evolving Roman Catholic religion. Even the man-made tradition of the Trinity had its share of influence in various translations of the Bible, especially the New Testament. For example, even my beloved King James Version of 1611 did not escape from such an influence in its rendering of:

(1) the Holy Spirit OF the FATHER (GOD) or
(2) the Holy Spirit OF the SON, CHRIST (GOD) or
(3) [SADLY and ERRONEOUSLY] the Holy Sprit OF the HOLY SPIRIT (also GOD)

----------- oops!!! no. (3) sounds ODD ----------

. . . as being each a PERSON or BEING--clearly a papal influence. That's how you've come across the translation that the Holy Spirit OF GOD is masculine. (Translators have become obligated to identify the spirit of God as a "HE" -- which is a distortion.

[to be continued...]

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter