Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
(no login)

April 10 2012, 1:08 PM 

Seems like Dave needs to do some studying of his own. Earlier about the Psalms, Dave said, "They are ALL from David." Then when Donnie presented the FACTS, Dave did some fast backpedaling and said of David, "He was the main author." That certainly does NOT mean David was the SOLE author, as Dave would have had people erroneously believe.

Once again, Dave sticks his foot in his mouth and comes up blabbering. LOL! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

could be worse

April 10 2012, 1:10 PM 

Isn't that better than a HARP in His SPIRIT?

Respond to this message   
The Great Baptizmo
(no login)

Halal means....

April 14 2012, 10:55 PM 

Halal means "to boast." It is a boast about God, in other words, PRAISE.

It does not mean "TO MAKE VILE."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

That's probably true.

April 14 2012, 11:24 PM 

1Samuel 21:10 And David arose, and fled that day for fear of Saul, and went to Achish the king of Gath.
1Samuel 21:11 And the servants of Achish said unto him, Is not this David the king of the land? did they not sing one to another of him in dances, saying, Saul hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands?
1Samuel 21:12 And David laid up these words in his heart, and was sore afraid of Achish the king of Gath.
1Samuel 21:13 And he changed his behaviour before them, and feigned himself mad in their hands, and scrabbled on the doors of the gate, and let his spittle fall down upon his beard.

H7388 ryr reer From H7325 ; saliva; by resemblance broth:spittle, white [of an egg].

1Samuel 21:14 Then said Achish unto his servants, Lo, ye see the man is mad: wherefore then have ye brought him to me?
1Samuel 21:15 Have I need of mad men, that ye have brought this fellow to play the mad man in my presence? shall this fellow come into my house?

Mad: H7696 shâga shaw-gah'A primitive root; to rave through insanity:(be, play the) mad (man).

Isn't that vile enough? We can probably find you a worship leader who can "praise"

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Re: That's probably true.

April 27 2012, 10:37 AM 

Psalm implies use of instruments. Halal means to praise.

Respond to this message   
Ken SublettF
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Re: That's probably true.

April 27 2012, 12:52 PM 

Psalm has the same meaning as a Song: both
Can be read
Can be recited
Can be sung
Can be sung to an aaccompaniment:

The first instrument of choice is the harp of God: the human voice
Or it can be accompanied with other instruments.

However, neither in Hebrew nor English are psalms metrical meaning that they can be chanted in a measured or tuneful sense.

There no true psalms which are sung TO a harp unless that instrument is named.

Why we know that NO ONE ever sang any Biblical text including the Psalms.

Modern exegetes do not agree in this matter. For a time many would admit no metre at all in the Psalms. Davison (Hast., "Dict. of the Bible", s. v.) writes: "
.....though metre is NOT discernible in the Psalms, does not follow that rhythm is excluded".

This rhythm, however, "defies analysis and systematization". Driver ("Introd. to Lit. of O. T.", New York, 1892, 339) admits in Hebrew poetry
..... "no metre in the strict sense of the term".
..... Exegetes who find metre in the Psalms are of four schools,
..... according as they explain Hebrew metre by quantity, by the number of syllables, accent, or by both quantity and accent. (from The Catholic Encyclopedia)

Up to the Edict of Milan (AD 313), the psalms were interspersed with lessons.

By the time of Gregory I (circa 600), the Mass and Office had assumed a fixed shape and antiphonal psalmody (the chanting of a psalm alternately by two choirs) and responsorial psalmody (when the congregation responded to a psalm sung by a cantor) were institutionalized.The distinction between these types later faded.

A Cantor is a Chanter: The Jews cantillated which is Paul's SPEAK. Both singing AND melody (or grace) was IN THE HEART to specificially exclude the external meaning of Psallo which is a warfare word.

You could not sing TUNEFULLY nor could you accompany ANY of "that which is written for our LEARNING" (Rom 15 which defines the assembly inclusively and exclusively.)

In the 16th century, Protestant churches encouraged congregational psalm singing by adopting metrical versions in the vernacular. An important early translation was Clèment Marot's, the basis of the Calvinist psalter. A repertory of tunes came into being; these were set in a simple chordal style in collections which included Loys Bourgeois's complete psalter (1563), widely recognized as a standard version. Some later settings were more contrapuntal; Le Jeune and others dropped the tunes and composed what amounted to free motets.

People sung TO a plucked harp string which was, to them, something supernatural. David would have PLUCKED and then chanted a stanze. Pluck, and another stanze. But never just making voodoo beats in the background.

David in Psalm 63: the only way that halal or praise is used is "with my lips."

Psalms 63:5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
Psalms 63:6 When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
Psalms 63:7 Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

Acceptable praise or extolling God is by the "fruit of the lips" speaking God's Words.

Isaiah 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.

Isaiah 57:2 He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.
Isaiah 57:3 But draw near hither, ye sons of the sorceress, the seed of the adulterer and the whore.
Isaiah 57:4 Against whom do ye sport yourselves? against whom make ye a wide mouth, and draw out the tongue? are ye not children of transgression, a seed of falsehood,

ludo to to SPORT play at a game of some kind: ESPECIALLY to play on an instrument of music, to make or compose music or song: ludere quae vellem calamo [pipe] permisit agresti, Verg. E. 1, 10: talia fumosi luduntur mense Decembri, Ov. Tr. 2, 491: quod tenerae cantent [Cants], lusit tua musa, puellae, id. Am. 3, 1, 27: coloni Versibus incomptis ludunt, Verg. G. 2, 386: carmina pastorum,

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Here We Go Again....Round and Round

April 27 2012, 1:25 PM 

"Why we know that NO ONE ever sang any Biblical text including the Psalms."

Matthew 26:30
When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

Acts 16:25
About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.

Ken is right....they didn't "sang" anything....although they did "sung" and were "singing."

Respond to this message   
Ken SublettF
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Need a nap: here is the old repeated FACTOID

April 27 2012, 1:34 PM 

[linked image][linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address on Apr 27, 2012 1:35 PM

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Maybe He Will Get It Someday

April 27 2012, 6:05 PM 

Matthew 26:30
When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

Acts 16:25
About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.

Ken is right....they didn't "sang" anything....although they did "sung" and were "singing."

Ephesians 5
19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Colossians 3
16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Re: Maybe He Will Get It Someday

April 27 2012, 10:40 PM 

I wouldn't count on it, Dave. Ken's bet his salvation on the hope that he is right.

Respond to this message   
< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site;

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter