Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

"Easter Celebration" at a Divided Congregation

April 10 2012 at 5:04 AM
Donnie Cruz  (Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 99.177.249.211

I wondered but did not question [at first] why the two separate [divided] groups did not have a combined "Easter Worship Service" in 2012. It wasn't obvious until I read the separate "worship" guide for each group and actually witnessed firsthand the almost completely performance-oriented event in the second assembly.

TRADITIONAL Division: [Background: This group is comprised of those that remained despite the turmoil that caused half of the congregation's membership to leave and seek fellowship somewhere else. It remains to be seen if by next generation this group will be no more. Anyway], ... based on the printed guide, what occurred during this assembly period was straightforward -- congregational singing of hymns, Communion, offering; and the message was titled "Empty." I would say that perhaps there was a reminder to the congregants that the commemoration of Christ's suffering and death of Christ is to be observed not just once a year.

CONTEMPORARY Division: [Background: This second assembly period was originally "traditional" also -- actually, both assemblies THEN were "traditional" by today's designation. But this period was eventually hijacked during and after the turmoil ... until the eldership formally announced that the second assembly would be designated for CONTEMPORARY worship.

The "Easter Celebration" consisted primarily of a mini "movie" drama on the screen with a narrator on stage and the ever-ready, well-rehearsed CHOIR [Praise Team] doing most of the "congregational" singing. This is not exactly the order of events, but you should get the picture:

-- Drama on screen with narrator
-- "Celebrate Jesus" [with the Choir]
-- Female soloist -- ON STAGE
-- APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
-- Duet [all-male, Country music-style, I think] -- ON STAGE
-- APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-- "Here I Am" [Charismatic style and hand-waving as seen on TV]
-- Male Quartet [whatever style, perfect performance] -- ON STAGE
-- APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-- Male chorus with a lone female singer hand-waving -- ON STAGE
-- APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
-- Whatever else -- performances, performances, performances with
............ Praise Team and the oooo-oooo-ooo, wah-wah-wah in the background
............ exciting comments on stage and APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!
-- Communion
-- Offering
-- "Alive Forever Amen"
-- Easter is over
-- APPLAUSE!!!!!! !!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!

Forgive me ... I might have preferred another but more civil performance by a piano artist. I have never witnessed anything like the above at a supposedly church of Christ congregation resembling that of the first century Christians!!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dave
(no login)

No One Likes A Whiner!

April 10 2012, 6:22 AM 

You ask for forgiveness? Certainly, because Jesus Himself said seventy times seven.

Now quit whining!

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: No One Likes A Whiner!

April 10 2012, 12:55 PM 

I don't think Donnie was specifically asking for Dave's "forgiveness." That would be like asking Hitler to shave off his mustache. BTW, does Dave have a mustache? happy.gif

Yep, nobody likes a whiner, Dave, so take your own advice and STOP whining about this site.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: No One Likes A Whiner!

April 11 2012, 1:20 AM 

Dave,

It was an exceptional made-for-TV production. Something you would've really enjoyed -- just your kind of thing. (I'm quite surprised you had nothing to say about the production.)

Performance ... performance ... performances!!!

I've never been to a well-rehearsed "worship."

Respond to this message   
JimmyJoe
(no login)

April 22nd

April 13 2012, 10:15 AM 

Dave, I tried to send you an e-mail but for some unknown reason I couldn't send it. Therefore if you see this post I would like to meet you when you vist Madison on the 22nd. We could meet in the mall area after the second service. Let me know if you still plan to attend.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: "Easter Celebration" at a Divided Congregation

April 10 2012, 6:26 AM 

"Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space;And said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men.For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves : who was slain ; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered , and brought to nought.After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished ; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed .And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone : for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought :But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." Acts 5:34-39

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 11 2012, 1:09 AM 

Brian,

Excepting the Communion, I could have easily attended and enjoyed a Twila Paris or a Michael W. Smith religious concert production.

There was nothing Pharisaical in exposing the disunity in a divided congregation.

Now it makes sense that the "traditional" group was not invited to a combined assembly which turned out to be a theatrical religious concert.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The self-speakkers, singers and instrument players are hypocrites

April 13 2012, 7:24 PM 

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Easter is Ishtar or Aster

April 10 2012, 11:45 AM 

Remember that Ezekiel defined the speakers, singers and instruments as hypocrites: Jesus applied that to the Scribes and Pharisees. Scribes and Pharisees are "doctors of the law who take away the key to knowledge." They do that by writing their own songs and sermons and make long prayers (hymns) to PREVENT the Word of God from being TAUGHT for our learning.

Israel was turned over to the worship of the starry host (on their way back to Babylon) when they profaned His Rest day by vocal and instrumental music as well as potlucking. Ishtar, Aster, Inanna and the other BABYLONISH "gods and goddessess" were in fact worshipped AT the temple with the Levites performing soothsaying as exorcism.

In Chapter 8 Ezekiel defines the women worshiping Tammuz and the men TURNED THEIR BACK on the temple to hold the BABYLONISH Sun-Rise service. They later recognized this as a fatal error.

Nevertheless, the MARK when people try to perform sorcery (Rev 18) on the people they are ABANDONED and they simply do not have any choice in the manner.

http://www.piney.com/MuTammuz.html

Madison had their Ishtar Tree and the Babylonians had theirs decorated with boar's testicles covered with gold foil. Aren't the hidden MYSTERIES wonderful?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Sunday After "Ishtar or Aster"

April 16 2012, 5:47 PM 

JimmyJoe,

I noticed that the "contemporary worship" guide the following Sunday listed this as one of the "praise service" songs: "The Ketchup Song."

I missed that one. What was all that about? Another charismatic motivation or whatever-pleases-the-crowd effort or some unusual attraction or a change-of-pace from worship boredom? I can understand somewhat the sermon by Jason Shepherd being titled "Half Price Reese's Eggs!!" -- as a post-religious [pagan] holiday discount sale concept.

I would say that should the brethren who painfully left during the church upheaval of the past decade return to even visit the congregation they once were a part of and loved, they would not recognize anything else other than the Communion. Even the solemnity of the observance may be in question.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 14 2012, 4:34 PM 

Bumped for Dave Fields:

JimmyJoe has posted a message for you (dated: April 13 2012, 10:15 AM). You may need to verify your e-mail address to ensure that his e-mail is delivered to you. I'm thinking that JimmyJoe will be checking this thread often for your response to his post.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Try Again

April 16 2012, 4:25 PM 

JimmyJoe,
dfields@clemson.edu

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

"The Ketchup Song"

April 20 2012, 2:07 AM 

A few posts above, I mentioned that the "contemporary worship" guide listed "The Ketchup Song" the following Sunday after "Easter."

I've started doing a Google search, and so far I haven't been able to find anything worth repeating here. Perhaps, there is a "praise" version of this song. Can someone give us the correct info?

The Russian Federation showed a considerable challenge to the U.S. on Thursday's page views between the two countries. It was 47% Russia, 53% U.S.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral