Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Was [Dave ... Still Dave]
(no login)

A Good Friend of Mine

July 5 2012, 9:48 PM 

William said "On the other hand, since God explicitly addresses and specifies the KIND of music we are to use, which is VOCAL MUSIC, then we are NOT to go beyond that."

There isn't a delineation between whether there is a VOCAL music or an INSTRUMENTAL music. All an instrument does is to ACCOMPANY the voice. There is no "KIND of music"....period. We are to sing, whether that is unison, 16 part harmony, or employing the aid of an instrument to accompany the voice. The instrument is NOT a different kind of ACCOMPANY....because that is what it does. That is what a legalist does best....they look for an angle outside the Word of God to make an invalid point.

Will continue to edit the author's name. "Was" Dave Fields ... is still Dave Fields -- same style of writing, same false teaching.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address on Jul 5, 2012 11:00 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Re: A Good Friend of Mine

July 5 2012, 11:08 PM 

The Greek MUSIC, never used in the assembly, demands moving the voice AND the body in sync: Music often includes DANCING.

The word symphonia was used by the Greeks in reference to notes sounding together in harmony and by extension meant an ensemble or band rather than a musical form. The word implies a pleasant concord of different notes and has been used in fields other than music to denote a pleasing combination of various elements. In the New Testament Gospel According to Luke (King James Version), symphonia is translated as musick, as distinct from choroi, dancing.

Much, much too late:

In the Middle Ages the name was given to several musical instruments, among them a double-headed drum, bowed stringed instruments, a large hurdy-gurdy, and bagpipes. Mention is made in 1582 of eine Symphonie, evidently a stringed keyboard instrument.

sumphôn-os , on,

2. as musical term, in concord or unison with
sumphônon kai homologon [let us speak the same thing]

From Greek mousike (techne) the art of the Muses [Under Apollo, Apollyon] The music of the Greeks did not signify merely the harmony of sounds, but actually imbodied the idea of inner harmony of the spirit, the becoming at one with the spirit of the Muses, so that the soul responded in harmonic rhythm to the beat of universal harmony. Music with the Greeks, therefore, included, besides vocal and instrumental music, choral dancing, rhythmic motions, and various modes of harmony expressed in action.

Music, in all its various branches is represented as having been taught to man by his divine and divine-human ancestors [Demons, Lucifer in the Bible], such as Isis-Osiris, Thoth, Edris (in the Koran), etc. It is one of the elements of the power known as mantrikasakti. Music was represented as one of four divisions of mathematics, the others being arithmetic, astronomy, and geometry.

Plato declared that rhythmic and melodic complexities were to be avoided because they led to depression and disorder. Music echoes divine harmony; rhythm and melody imitate the movements of heavenly bodies, thus delineating the music of the spheres and reflecting the moral order of the universe. Earthly music, however, is suspect; Plato distrusted its emotional power

An extremely archaic teaching repeated by Pythagoras, who travelled in Babylonia, and therefore in the West commonly associated with his doctrine, for he taught that the world had been called forth out of Chaos by sound or harmony, and that the universe is constructed on harmonic proportions. He further taught that the planets were arranged in relation to each other and to the Sun in the progression of a musical scale

This is the KOSMOS or world for which Jesus will not even pray.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Re: A Good Friend of Mine

July 5 2012, 11:13 PM 

The original Babylon mother of harlots: worshipped by the women IN the Temple (Ezekiel 8)

"In the name of my power! In the name of my holy shrine!

To my daughter Inanna I shall give Truth!

Descent into the underworld!

Ascent from the underworld!

The art of lovemaking!

The art of kissing the phallus!"

He gave me the holy shrine.

He gave me the holy priestess of heaven.

He gave me the resounding musical instrument.

He gave me the art of song.

He gave me the art of the elder.

He gave me the kurgurra.

The kurgarru, the assinu, and the kulu'u performed plays, music, dances, and games (rising up to play) during rituals. These were musical worship teams in addition to the eldership stolen from the "god."

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

Re: Was A Bullfrog

July 5 2012, 11:24 PM 

To Jeremiah, the bullfrog:

Dave, we have located you; you are kilometers or miles away from Clemson, SC.

== ==
00 00 Clemson, SC, US
07 04 Central, SC, US
09 05 La France, SC, US
09 05 Newry, SC, US
10 06 Pendleton, SC, US
11 06 Norris, SC, US
11 06 Sandy Springs, SC, US
11 06 Seneca, SC, US
16 10 Liberty, SC, US
17 10 Six Mile, SC, US
17 10 Richland, SC, US
17 10 Townville, SC, US
. . . etc.

You have a choice:

(1) Be brave and unashamed as "Dave" or "Dave Fields"; or
(2) Choose one of the following: "little b" ... "Middle C" ... "Jeremiah" ... "Was" ... "the bullfrog" ... and be that author consistently; or
(3) Do not post.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Re: Was A Bullfrog

July 6 2012, 12:24 AM 

If Dave doesn't want to use his name anymore, a "modified" form of his username from the old FaithSite would be most suitable: ServantNOTforHim.

Respond to this message   
Jimmy Crack Corn
(no login)

And He Don't Care

July 6 2012, 12:37 AM 

Donnie, you are more than welcome to label me as a false only makes sense.

0 Hendersonville, TN, US
5 Old Hickory, TN, US
6 Goodlettsville, TN, US
6 Madison, TN, US
9 Hermitage, TN, US
10 Gallatin, TN, US
10 Ridgetop, TN, US
10 White House, TN, US
11 Cottontown, TN, US
12 Whites Creek, TN, US
12 Mount Juliet, TN, US
12 Greenbrier, TN, US
15 Nashville, TN, US
16 Cross Plains, TN, US
16 Castalian Springs, TN, US
16 Joelton, TN, US
18 Gladeville, TN, US
Only 15 miles from your place of work...not bad
This is actually a better conversation. You can handle this....this is down your alley.

Can I choose D.....I post until you boot me?

Donnie, the reason that you don't give me the boot is because I have shown you the Truth time and time again....and it infuriates you to no end.

You've been caught in the act. This will be your last time as "Jimmy Crack Corn." Or, as another/a new name.

You may choose "D" (or whatever) -- that is not the problem; but Dave having 12 faces when posting is unbecoming a church leader.

Dave, by New Testament standards, you haven't shown us the truth. Neither have the change agents who have mentored you. We welcome your participation only for the sake of discussing the truth.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address on Jul 6, 2012 2:48 AM

Respond to this message   
john watson smith
(Login johnwatsonsmith)

Love the truth

July 6 2012, 5:17 AM 

I am reminded of a sobering truth in the scriptures......if we don't have a love of the truth God will send a strong delusion to us.

When I see persons trying to make light of the discussions here I am reminded of the attitude of today that certain persons are enlightened and advanced beyond the old and outdated "king James mindsets that have restricted and choked true religion"

Consider that God is described as a consuming fire and that to be brought before him in judgement is a fearful thing. Fear God and keep his commandments for this is the whole duty of mankind!

Comments Welcome!

Respond to this message   
(no login)

July 8 2012, 2:12 AM 

Our discussion of user/login names is over.

Try posting messages conducive to learning God's truth -- they will certainly be published.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address on Jul 8, 2012 2:39 AM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Re: Dave

July 8 2012, 10:35 AM 

Thank you! Thank you very much.

Respond to this message   
< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site;

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter