Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
john watson smith
(Login johnwatsonsmith)

ACU and who they like

July 6 2012, 8:28 PM 

The truth is to be adhered to by all of us regardless of where and when it is taught

Many schools are fine in an academic sense- however if they collect money from the saints they should be teaching the truth not error.

The use of this change management strategy to cause destruction of ones faith is a form of dishonesty and subversion. What is sad about this is that many will give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. The issuing of these speakers and topics is agenda implementation. That agenda has to be discussed and constructed prior to the selection of who speaks and what will be said. That agenda has to fit with a larger agenda of change management and destruction of "outdated" systems of faith.

Regarding marriage this is just another attempt to paint the obedient as tradition followers and we therefore should adopt a much more liberal stance. Yet the Bible says - Why call me Lord and do not what I say?

Comments Welcome

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: ACU and who they like

July 6 2012, 9:47 PM 

You don't have to believe any of the Bible. However, the Bible--Primarily the Prophets by the Spirit of Christ and the prophecies made more perfect by Jesus Christ--is defined as that upon which the church is edified which in context always means EDUCATED. Since the qahal, synagogue, ekklesia or church was to make known the manifold wisdom of God, the task and curriculum is not that difficult. Preacher's Schools are sect-focused and it is left to godly elders--even those who TAKE the oversight--to train men for service.

Just as a false prophet worked against the true prophets, the mark of a false teacher is one who does not teach that which is a left memory.

Almost without exception the historic church has been Apostolic: that means that if the Apostles do not reveal it then it is not part of the Christian system.

By definition their field is 'theology' and not 'Bible.' Otherwise they would teach the Bible rather than the text books of those who have been most violent in decrying the old Church of Christ. Just ignore the "bad" church and assume that there is not one faithful mainline Church, the only tast is still to teach from the Bible and you pass the test of minimal ethics.

Richard Hughes, Doug Foster, Royce Money, Carroll D. Osburn, Leonard Allen etal have used the "conservatives" as a launch pad to attack the premise of the church of Christ.

That would be just fine but most of their "men" are built on their own "straw" and they prove that you cannot stack up enough doctorates in theology of "Missional Wisdon" to be Bible literate beyond the surface.

As a Bible College it has no other resource as authority even if they think it is all bunk. It would be wonderful if they burned their Ph.d and became disciples of the TEXT and the pagan religions which it exploits. They WOULD mock the following because I don't believe they have any interest in what Scripture says.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jul 13, 2012 3:52 AM

Respond to this message   
William
(no login)

Re: ACU and who they llike

July 8 2012, 1:14 PM 

Regarding peer institutions, both an institution and a department may require accreditation. In order for the theology schools to be accredited they must be reviewed by representatives from other accredited institutions, and they must have a more or less independent advisory committee. Reviewing the sources of the terminal degrees at ACU there are Southern Methodist, Oxford, Yale Divinity School, Fuller Theological, Vanderbilt, Emmanuel College(University of Toronto), Harvard, Duke, University of Iowa, North Carolina at Greensboro, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Luther Seminary, Baylor, Southern California, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Notre Dame, Emory, Denver, and a couple from ACU. These are the sorts of places where the ACU, Pepperdine, DLC, etc., must be reviewed for accreditation. And these are the sorts of places we must send our students for their higher learning in religion if they seek an academic career. Although I have not examined the publications from the ACU School of Theology, in broad education circles the ACU faculty would be well regarded for its diversity. I note that there are none with a doctorate from Harding, DLU, etc.

The change in emphasis of CoC colleges from Bible programs and preacher training to programs teaching theologians means that overall, ACU (and others) does a poor job of representing the principles of the brotherhood in order, basically, to be like the nations around them. I am in an academic household, and I do not argue the worth of the schools of theology in general, but there does appear to have been some seduction. So why is anyone surprised that in bringing in those whose studies make us question and evaluate, etc., result in a lectureship with topics filled with goofiness. Think of what kind of equivalent topic to the one on the Twilight books could be offered at an engineering or science convention, and you would conclude that it was a junk science convention. Now, every once in awhile a little levity is in order. I once read through the presentation topics of a convention of dermatologists and the featured speaker was going to address the itch. Apparently, nobody knows exactly what an itch is, or where it goes when it gets scratched. But I dont think that Mdm. Heath is being the least bit light spirited, I think that she is offering up an intended academic paper.

Most colleges and college departments establish a list of current similar peer institutions: I would guess Hardin-Simmons, OCU, Pepperdine, DLU, Harding, maybe some schools like Butler, are on the current list. Most colleges and college departments establish a list of aspired peer institutions: I would guess TCU, SMU, Baylor, etc. This is all well and good; this paragraph is not offered so much as a criticism but as an observation, and I will even note here that the current dean of Yale Divinity is a member of the Churches of Christ, and he was previously a department head at Notre Dame. None the less, when we fill our departments of theology with PhDs from schools of theology and religion where there may even be an atheistic presence the need to speak where the Bible speaks may be hard to maintain.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: ACU and who they llike

July 8 2012, 1:36 PM 

Why don't you with academic standing mount an effort to excise the ex-Bible department from ACU etal. I believe that it is true that one cannot become a university yearning for "standing" and remain faithful to those who sacrificed and founded the Bible Schools. Such a school even contrary to the Schools of Preaching would not make it their goal to "place" preachers and become a clearing house.

A liberal is one who understands what Scripture says and simply says "I don't believe it." Fine: he should not sell his body masked as a Bible scholar. I don't believe that the new spawn of professors have any interest in the Bible other than as a platform to attract children of too-easily fooled parents.

I am not sure that one trained recently in colleges--gone universities would disqualify him from changing his stripes. Starr said that he could worship like a Baptist to become head of a university.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

ACU Revises Long-Held Policy Prohibiting _______

July 8 2012, 1:41 AM 

Source: The Christian Chronicle (/Articles)
From the April 2012 Archives.

ACU revises long-held policy prohibiting dancing at events

FROM STAFF REPORTS | THE CHRISTIAN CHRONICLE

ABILENE, TEXAS - Abilene Christian University has revised its long-held policy of prohibiting dancing at events hosted by official student organizations.

"This is part of an effort on our part to be more real with our students who are young adults," said Jean-Noel Thompson, ACU's vice president for student life and dean of students.

In the past, ACU's students have been allowed to participate in university-sponsored events in which dance is a cultural expression or public performance. Student-sponsored organizations that want to have dancing at their on- or off-campus events will now need to gain approval of their venue and music list. Staff advisers also must be present at the event.

Thompson said the decision to revise the policy came after several years of discussion and research of policies at nearly 80 faith-based colleges and universities.

"We've found compelling reasons to provide appropriate venues for dancing on our campus for two reasons: It helps us influence or encourage students to show appropriate conduct in social settings where dancing is taking place," Thompson said. "We also believe the change will enhance the experience our students have while on our campus.

"In making this change, we're acting to make sure students can participate in this activity in a safe, supervised environment one that gives us the opportunity to proactively influence them in modeling appropriate Christian behavior," he added.

Thompson also noted that there was no blanket statement regarding the type of music or dance genre that will be accepted, only that the dance form "honors us, those around them and God."

Dozens of readers commented on the policy change on The Christian Chronicle's news blog, with some praising the decision and others questioning it.

-------------------

From the April 2012 Print Edition.

Respond to this message   
john watson smith
(Login johnwatsonsmith)

Both sides of mouth at same time

July 8 2012, 7:59 AM 

This announcement from ACU about dancing really tells us nothing - the dancing I was not allowed to do as a teen and young adult referred to close touching and associated familiarity with the opposite sex. This is still wrong even if done in the "right context" or to "honor God" .

This is nothing but double talk and clever promotion of a liberal agenda using change management methods. Underneath all the smooth speech is the idea that previous generations were wrong about this issue and even dogmatic and anti-fun.

Comments Welcome

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Stone-Campbell Movement

July 8 2012, 10:58 AM 

The Stone-Campbell Movement is a big fat lie loudly assuming that what became Churches of Christ were ever "unioned" with the Disciples of Christ.

http://www.piney.com/Stone.Campbell.Movement.html

Instruments went hand in hand with social dancing and that one reason the Christian Churches fled Babylon in the first place. The Stone-Campbell Movement is tasked to bond with the very Disciples the godly Christian churches fled in the first place. Moses Lard wrote in 1864,

http://www.piney.com/Lard.Dancing.Instruments.html

II. Next in regard to Christians dancing. We frankly confess we feel ashamed and scandalized at the prevalence, in many sections of the country, of this licentious practice amongst the children of our brethren. And what hurts us little less is the fact that some even of the older brethren and sisters are giving it their countenance. Nay, they go so far as to encourage and justify it on the score that there is no harm in it; and in some cases actually send their children to dancing schools. For the sake of all such let us grant their universal plea of no harm in it, and see what it results in. There is, then no harm in dancing; and of course no harm in any Christian's dancing.

But just here, and before we close this short piece, a favorite position of the dancer and organ advocate needs to be noticed and disposed of. Each claims that since the New Testament does not in express words condemn its hobby, he therefore has the same right to have it that others have to exclude it; and that he is under no more obligation to yield his preference than is the opponent to yield his opposition.

But this position is not sound. A man has a right to hold as a matter of conscience every doctrine the New Testament clearly teaches, and to practice as a matter of conscience every act it clearly sanctions; and beyond this a Christian conscience is a myth.

I never knew a dancing Christian on his dying bed to send for a dancer to comfort him, nor a fiddle called [335] for in the chamber where death completes his work. Let no Christian think that he can scandalize the church of God with the evils of which we are speaking and stand approved in the judgment day.

He sports with criminal carelessness with his future destiny who so thinks. God will not suffer himself to be mocked with impunity by the impious daring of him who insults his children on earth and wounds their best feelings by dragging these innovations into the church. Here such a party may escape.

They lie that Churches of Christ Sected out of the Christian Churches in 1906 but the Conservative Christian Churches did not begin to exist until 1927 and finally removed themselves after the Disciples Restructure in 1958. They were not DEsected from the Disciples census until 1971. Just before that Leroy Garrett began working as a stealth campus minister to begin leading young preachers away with his 100% lying about Scripture and Recorded History. His is the flip side of the Sommerites he decries.

The Independent Christian Churches (NACC) worked really hard to subvert ACU and its spawn to the use of instruments. Now, they have to decide whether they really want to be MARKED with the training and placing of women preachers, a Pastor-Dominated institution, Female Elders (hope husband of one wife), Music in the form which has DISCORDED Christian Churches, Unfettered dancing and all that goes with the Methodist, Female (Sophia) led structure.

DOES THE NACC ENDORSE THIS OR NOT: PLEASE SPEAK UP.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 174.252.156.126 on Jul 8, 2012 11:17 AM

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

Re: ACU Revises Long-Held Policy Prohibiting _______

July 9 2012, 8:08 AM 

Perhaps next someone could post an article about the moral corruption of ACU allowing students to wear shorts to class.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

July 9 2012, 12:19 PM 

Not relevant: won't bite. Guilt by association won't work. Besides, with all of the fat going around wearing shorts is no longer dangerous. Besides, they get pregnant BEFORE they get fat. Isn't that precious?

The point is that they no longer have Bible Scholars on staff but "theologians" which ranks right up there with Phrenologists. That is because they do not have any interest in defining Bible words or understanding the always-pagan practices to define a Godly anti-thesis. Look at any book printed out of ACU and you will find a bibliography of peer scholars to whom they owe their career path. I have chased down lots of those quotes from quotes from quotes and find that they are almost always lies used to defend the path they have chosen to go. No one can be a Bible Scholar and rest their soul-threatening "infiltrating and diverting" on anything but finding and directing their readers to the original resource. They are all there from clay tablets onward.

If you tell an untruth with the intention of deliberately hurting the ANTI-instrumentalists who feeds your face, we call that a lie. John places liars, dogs and sorcerers (rhetoricians, singers, instrument player) in the same bucket and casts (has) them living into the lake of fire. You don't have to believe this data NOT FROM SCHOLARLY BOOKS but you will find no exception and ACU etal has to TRUMP this or please spit the Bible teaching out of their mouths.

The BEAST in Revelation speaks of Women or the effeminate forcing "A New Style of Music or Drama.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jul 13, 2012 3:54 AM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 6 2012, 12:00 AM 

ACU falls short in many ways. I can tell you the story listed below is just the tip of an iceberg. This story is a very small and insignificant compared to other things that are going on. There are reasons people are cautious about sending there sons and daughters to ACU.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/mar/10/no-headline---acuwashington/

Respond to this message   
William
(no login)

Football Player

September 6 2012, 12:56 AM 

"Neither do I condemn [him]." I hope he goes his way and sins no more.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Football Player

September 6 2012, 7:43 AM 

Condemn I would not and I will pray for the sister. And I would not send my daughter to ACU. That would be like sending her to sodom or Gomorrah and telling her to learn something good.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Quoting Jesus in Matthew

July 9 2012, 4:53 PM 

Christ in Isaiah 3 and Jesus warned of those "piping hoping to get all of the males to sing (lament) and dance. This was the universal mark of pagan religionism including Jerusalem where the abomination of desolation had the jewish boys emasculated and made to "wear the hat of Hermes" (the mark of new hermeneutics) and prostitute themselves in the Jerusalem temple

http://www.piney.com/2Macc.html

ACU is building on the foundation of the Instrumentalists which got "loosed up" at Cane Ridge and let the Shouting Methodist women get control. The Churhes of Christ do not have the same historic roots and do not have the same view of Biblical authority. I speak, however, not for the masses of the congregations but for the NACC denominational structure which tasked itself to peel off churches and schools for the instrumental view. That would be a pity but Jesus warned us that doctors of the Law take away the key to knowledged and marked them as not ready for masculine (Word only) discipleship much less teachership: presuming too much because of "holding men's persons in respect."

The laughing world clearly understands the persona of the Musical Worship Minister brought in by Elders Paul warned about: Wolves among yourselves.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jul 13, 2012 3:55 AM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: ACU Lectures 2012

July 9 2012, 5:18 PM 

I don't say that I am correct based on the context, definition of the word and the universal pagan FOLLY: I just say that ACU will have to give an account for saying that Christ in all of the prophets was a liar. 1 John 2 says that Jesus Christ is that Comforting Holy Spirit and His commands to teach and observe what He commanded extends until He comes again. No theologian can impose of that without being too dangerous to run free.

1Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

2Corinthians 3:13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
2Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
2Corinthians 3:15 But even unto this day,
.....when Moses is read [preached],
.....the vail is upon their heart.
2Corinthians 3:16 Nevertheless
.....when it shall turn to the Lord,
.....the vail shall be taken away.
2Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit:
.....and where the Spirit of the Lord is,
.....there is liberty.
2Corinthians 3:18 But we all,
.....with open face beholding as in a glass
.....the glory of the Lord, [only in the word]
.....are changed into the same image
.....from glory to glory,
.....even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Why would ACU honor a person who calls for a "Baptism of Fire" and for the Holy Spirit to guide them in TAIZE WORSHIP

A church is built upon or Educated upon the Prophets and Apostles. The field of theology especially to manufacture theologians rather than Bible teachers. Because they endorse and even honor those who are the PATTERN of Christ's warning and those reaping the wages of churches stolen by lying about all of the "instrument passage" (mine and others), they are guilty and need to cough up the fleece and get out of the Bible business. Here is some more Jeremiah where Christ said that those who teach what has not been commanded are guilty of blasphemy of the Spirit OF Christ.

Note that Christ defines spiritual worship and Paul repeats it in most of his letters. No one can miss this ACCIDENTIALLY.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jul 13, 2012 3:58 AM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Christ in Jeremiah defines the CHURCH OF THE MOCKERS

July 9 2012, 7:25 PM 

Christ the "Rock" defined the Church of Christ in the wilderness both inclusively and exclusively. Any kin of vocal or instrumental rejoicing or elevated form of speech was outlawed. It was simple: the church was A School of Christ (momentarily restored by the Campbells) and worship was Reading and Musing the Word of God. The resource was The Book of the Covenant for the synagogue when the Civil-Military-Clergy was abandoned to Sabazianism well defined as NOT that of Jehovah.

Christ in the prophets defines the future REST or assembly which would not change other than to REMOVE the Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites meaning performance preachers, singers and instrument players (Ezekiel 33). The resources are the Prophets by Christ and the prophecies made more perfect by Jesus and left for our "memory" by the Apostles. You cannot build a church on the foundation of silly "praise music."

To participate in the Assembly or School of Christ Jeremiah says that you have to REMOVE yourself from the musical mockers and suffer the indignities. If you want Jesus Christ to be your only Teacher when you enlist as a DISCIPLE, you WILL understand that students do not attend worship services but a SCHOOL. Isn't it amazing that religionists can give you a Ph.d in how to define "disciple" as watching us perform worship for you? Christ calls them MOCKERS and so the are whatever people think. They are supposed to mock the Word. If I am proven insane then I can plead David who showed how God does not punish the mad or insane. If this is all what Scripture says then what we call Schools of Theology manufacturing men and women to go out and "facilitate needed change" are consummate blasphemers and angles of blight.

And they will never give an answer because you can fool most of the people most of the time and that is enough. Paul says that there MUST be heresies: that is the only way you can tell the WORLD from the "lost spirits."

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jul 13, 2012 3:57 AM

Respond to this message   
Racnor
(no login)

Re: Christ in Jeremiah defines the CHURCH OF THE MOCKERS

July 9 2012, 10:21 PM 

Ken, would you be so kind as to give me an example of a church of Christ as you described above. Please give church name and location. Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

July 9 2012, 10:48 PM 

I wouldn't even try: Jesus warned me about that.

Luke 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect,
.....which cry day and night unto him,
.....though he bear long with them?
Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily.
.....Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh,
.....shall he find faith on the earth?

Lk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees,
.....when the kingdom of God should come,
.....he answered them and said,
.....The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Observti nis, observo, a watching, observance, investigation: observationes animadvertebant, your searches for evidence: siderum. Circumspection, care, exactness: summa in bello movendo.

Religious observations are carefully crafted to take control of all of one's attention. That is the worship concept with is to be directed only to God.

Tendo: In the pagan religions they gave lots of attention to tuning or playing their musical instruments: cornu, barbiton, to tune, tympana tenta tonant palmis, stretching out their bow strings. To shoot, to hurl.

(b). To exert one's self, to strive, endeavor (mostly poet.
b. n partic., to exert one's self in opposition, to strive, try, endeavor, contend adversus, etc., id. 34, 34, 1: contra,
Lucr. 6, 1195: tormento citharque tensior, [Tendo]
2. In partic.: nervum tendere, in mal. part., Auct. Priap. 70; cf. Mart. 11, 60, 3.Hence, tentus, a lecherous man,

Lk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there!
.....for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

The point is that the Spirit OF Christ has spoken in the prophets and apostles. The church is EDUCATED on the prophets and apostles. I have quoted a bit of Jeremiah. I let Christ in Jeremiah and ALL of the prophets speak for me. I don't understand why people are so anxious to get cuckold by what Christ warned us against.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 7 2012, 5:28 AM 

Ken doesn't need a reason. Reality is whatever he says it is.What a putz.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 7 2012, 12:58 PM 

That's why I QUOTE what the WORD teaches: that is enough to scare the pants off most people.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 7 2012, 12:40 PM 

Ken, would you be so kind as to give me an example of a church of Christ as you described above. Please give church name and location. Thanks.

Sorry, right now I don't know of one. Most churches of Christ prior to the demand that CHURCH IS ONLY ABOUT WORSHIP which meant MUSICALLY were quiet, Bible based assemblies. Sermons were actually from the Bible by Bible trained preachers before the singers, players, actors and mimes invaded.

As they cannot understand prepositions, they cannot understand "What does a Disciple of Christ, commanded to teach and observe what HE commanded to be taught, do?

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Luke 17:22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.

Hebrews 13:10 We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.
Hebrews 13:11 For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.
Hebrews 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
Hebrews 13:13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
Hebrews 13:14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
Hebrews 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
Hebrews 13:16 But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

AND WHO CREATES THE FRUIT?

Isaiah 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 58 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter