Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Does ACU affirm?

July 10 2012, 11:09 AM 

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jul 13, 2012 3:59 AM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

More Calling Down God's Holy Fire Part A

July 10 2012, 12:56 PM 

Endorsing and honoring one wanting a new baptism of fire is both dangerous and not worthy of school of theology. (Jesus said that we don't know anything about the Father unless the Son informs us."

The prophesied SPIRIT of Judgment and SPIRIT of Fire Christ spoke through Isaiah was spoken only to the Viper Race. The SPOKEN Word delivered in the known tongues of the pilgrims is contrasted with the Pneuma or Spirit of Judgment poured out in Isaiah 30 to the beat of wind, string and percussion instruments. These sounds mark the enemies of God being driven into the "hell" just outside of Jerusalem. According to Revelation 17-8 this will be the IDENTIFYING MARK of the revival of the Babylonian Mother of Harlots and her team of rhetoricians, singers and instrument players. John didn't call them worship teams: he called the SORCERERS to be cast ALIVE into the Lake of Fire.

The rationale for violating the clear warning against Miriam and and Paul's absolute restriction is FOUNDED upon the charismatic women of the Holiness movement.

Dionysus (Bacchus) was like the Apis or golden calf worship representing the triad of Isis, Osiris and Horos. Father, Mother and eternally infant son. That was the worship at Mount Sinai which was without redemption after heard about God's grace in The Book of the Covenant which was Abrahamic. The piping, singing (lamenting) and dancing marked MEN acting like CHILDREN trying to "initiate" people into perverse sexuality of the gay priesthood. Dionysus is called the FANNER and when Jesus promises to FAN the people who looked for Dionysus, this is NOT something mature males should be seduced into.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jul 13, 2012 4:02 AM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Baptism of Fire: Elaine Heath Part B

July 10 2012, 3:39 PM 

I am posting all of my notes on Jeremiah 15 and will post it in HTML jiffy quick so I can get it out to the interested readers.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jul 13, 2012 4:02 AM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Elain Heath Baptism of Fire Part C

July 10 2012, 3:52 PM 

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jul 13, 2012 4:03 AM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Baptism of Fire Elaine Heath Part D

July 10 2012, 3:58 PM 

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jul 13, 2012 4:04 AM

Respond to this message   
Racnor
(no login)

Re: Baptism of Fire Elaine Heath Part D

July 10 2012, 4:44 PM 

Ken, thank goodness it is raining in Muscle Shoals. It looks like it is raining in Hohenwald as well. I think we are safe. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Baptism of Fire Elaine Heath Part D

July 10 2012, 8:31 PM 

It has been very dry: the rain has been slow and will not run off but we are still very dry: thanks for all we get since my wife insists on "toting" the water to the tomatos and water mellons.

Respond to this message   
john watson smith
(Login johnwatsonsmith)

Baptism of fire, discipline and other falsehood

July 10 2012, 4:58 PM 

When the churches leaders no longer refute falsehood and no longer testify that the world is evil ........when leaders no longer say unless you repent you shall perish then the church grows ignorant, lazy and soft. Then along comes ACU and various "learned" men and women to provide artificial discipline in the form of small groups and prayer partners and disciple makers. Then comes buzz words like baptism of fire and other terms for things which are "discovered" by these various "learned" men and women.

The truth is a firm, strict by the Bible church of Christ would be making disciples, practicing discipline, and reaching out to the lost with the Gospel. We do not need these experts to discover what was lost (by the same progressive attitude) and remake it in the mindset of post modern anti-truth. The average person in the pews is being led around by the nose with this current crop of academic leaders.

The apostles doctrine has not changed since they gave it. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. The Lords people need to adhere to that which is written and turn not to the left or the right. Preach the word - nothing else!

Comments Welcome

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Baptism of fire, discipline and other falsehood

July 10 2012, 8:44 PM 

They simply do not believe what the Word says especially in the Prophets and apostles. Peter left a "memory" of his eye and ear witness and warned that if anyone did not teach that they would be false teachers as there were false prophets. If the Word of the prophets was the standard from the beginning, the New Testament should be able to survive. The Pharisees made up their own dogma to PREVENT having to teach the Word. I don't believe that has changed. That means that they cannot comprehend just how evil they are if they take money to be Bible teachers and just "steal words one from another" in the words of Ezekiel.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
.....baptizing them in the name of the Father,
.....and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 28:20 Teaching them
.....to observe all things
.....whatsoever I have commanded you:
.....and, lo, I am with you alway,
.....even unto the end of the world. Amen.

And they make a profession out of saying that Jesus the Christ did not, command, example and infer as an absolute standard. Can they really not read Matthew 28?

Whatever they invent from a daisy chain of quoting their peers to become rich and famous, Jesus made it absolute that saying "Lord Lord and not doing what He commanded to do" means that Jesus will say "I don't even know your name. Depart."

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words,
.....hath one that judgeth him:
.....the word that I have spoken,
.....the same shall judge him in the last day.

Since many (a large number) is called but FEW (a tiny number) are chosen where chosen means "tested as by fire."

Me too: any comments will be welcomed.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 174.252.183.222 on Jul 11, 2012 2:30 PM

Respond to this message   
Racnor
(no login)

July 11 2012, 3:31 PM 

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
.....baptizing them in the name of the Father,
.....and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Why does the coC not baptize in this way?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

July 11 2012, 3:53 PM 

In my long years I have heard only one person who baptized his daughter who understood that this is not a magical formula.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto ME in heaven and in earth.
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name [singular] of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Peter and the rest of the Bible and early church history understood the clear meaning.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Otherwise, you deny that the NAME of Jesus made to be Lord and Christ is God's full revelation of HIMself in contrast to the pagan "three people" family of gods

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

July 11 2012, 3:53 PM 

Church of Christ congregations baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. I was baptized that way.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

July 11 2012, 4:13 PM 

About half of them also think that Father, Son and Spirit are NAMES of people.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly,
that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified
both Lord and Christ.

1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God,
and one mediator between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus

The first user of the word "trias" and all classical trinitarians and the Campbells who were not trinitarian (contrary to John Mark Hicks) identified the relationship just as did Jesus in John 12f and warned about "proverbs."

The one God the Father thinks
The Spirit is God's breath (clearly stated) and therefore Gods invisible, inaudible 'voice.'
Son or the personified Word articulates that Spirit without measure (meter) in SPOKEN WORDS and not singy-clappy-thingies.

The first Nicene said the same thing without making the Spirit OF (preposition) God a part of the ONE GOD and ONE MEDIATOR fact.

Father, Spirit, Son or often father, mother, daughter or son is refuted when the dove parable had the Father identify a Son as His messenger rather than the neo-trinitarian view of Mother, Daughter, word. Jesus was not confessed as a son until he was baptized to fulfill or "fully preach" baptism.

The ACU move to female pastor-teachers is clearly marked as mother goddess worship: Methodist feminists hold worship services for Sophia the female "wisdom" in Proverbs.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

"Father, Son and Mother of God" Is Also Falsehood

July 12 2012, 1:47 AM 

The "holy spirit OF God" (Eph. 4:30) or "OF Jesus Christ" (Phil. 2:19) ... let's correctly identify:

The word "spirit" is an improper noun, just as is "soul" or "mind" or "wind" or "power." The word "holy" is an adjective; it describes and is attributed to the spirit of Jesus Christ or the Father. We dare not describe the spirit of God as unholy, do we?

If God's holy spirit were a person as the Nicene Council decreed, what would be the name of His [God's] holy spirit?

Respond to this message   
William
(no login)

Re. Mt 28-19

July 12 2012, 12:14 AM 

It is rare for an immersion to take place in the congregations of the churches of Christ except in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Unless you are challenging those that use the term "Holy Spirit."

Occasionally someone will immerse only in the name of Jesus Christ, as shown in Acts 2, 10, and 19, but that is uncommon and I think may be an accident on occasion.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Re. Mt 28-19

July 12 2012, 11:29 AM 

I believe that is the most common pattern even among those who are not trinitarian. A few in my limited experience ask the candidate to make their own confession.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Acts 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Any one know Tim Sensing at ACU? He is working on the Eucharist to make sure that church of Christ students are correctly taught.

Respond to this message   
Posted Above
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: ACU Revises Long-Held Policy Prohibiting _______

September 6 2012, 12:50 AM 

Anonymous
(no login)
Re: ACU Revises Long-Held Policy Prohibiting _______ September 6 2012, 12:00 AM

ACU falls short in many ways. I can tell you the story listed below is just the tip of an iceberg. This story is a very small and insignificant compared to other things that are going on. There are reasons people are cautious about sending their sons and daughters to ACU.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/mar/10/no-headline---acuwashington/

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

September 6 2012, 7:28 AM 

This story (from two years ago) is very sad. It is sad that someone would anonymously post this story about a person whose time at ACU was lived without incident, a person who had made mistake in life but corrected that mistake with every appropriate action and showed by example that sins can be forgiven and the consequences overcome. And yet, this anonymous person wants to indict an entire university by some mysterious comment that "this is small and insignificant compared to other things that are going on." What if really sad, is that 1. this anonymous post was allowed to be published in the first place, and; 2. that someone would post this as some sort of legitimate story that you should be cautious about sending your children to ACU because of it.

Perhaps the poster should have posted a more recent story about life on campus at ACU. Perhaps this anonymous person could have posted that during the 2011-2012 school year, the students of ACU volunteered 400,000 hours in community service to the poor and needy in the city of Abilene. Perhaps that would be a more relevant story about why parents should encourage their children to attend ACU.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

September 6 2012, 3:19 PM 

I was just wondering if other Christian universities had allowed known sex offenders to enroll, especially if they were top athletes.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 6 2012, 9:12 PM 

Here is a more recent story that has been broadcast to the world. This person is in the midst of campus life at ACU and was one of the contributors to the 400,000 volunteer hours. I quess we should caution our sons about ACU too.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/apr/20/gay-student-finds-support-following-ny-times/

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 58 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter