Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Tom Brite
(no login)

Re: ACU Revises Long-Held Policy Prohibiting _______

September 8 2012, 9:03 AM 

This article says a great deal about the student body at ACU. "Anonymous" also has said a great deal about him/herself. Thanks for making yourself not so "anonymous."

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Root Cause Analysis

September 9 2012, 9:54 AM 

With the ACU reputation, the issue is not the poster, the issue is the mountain of articles that are appearing from the Abilene Reporter news to the New York Times and all the articles in between.

Read this and see if we can find the root of the true problem.

http://www.christiancourier.com/articles/345-more-controversy-at-acu

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: Root Cause Analysis

September 9 2012, 12:11 PM 

Hmmm...allowing known sex offenders to enroll; student body "acceptance" of homosexual students; and professors who vilify as "intemperate" other professors who rightly condemn homosexuality. Looks like there is good reason for Bible-believing parents to have second thoughts about sending their sons and daughters to ACU. No time to be heads-stuck-in-the-sand ostriches about this.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: ACU Revises Long-Held Policy Prohibiting _______

September 6 2012, 3:32 PM 

Since the poster alleges "other things" going on at ACU, then the public has a right to know the specifics so they can make an informed decision whether or not to send their sons and daughters to ACU. Helping the poor does not "right" any unsavory goings-on, IF that is really the case.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: ACU Lectures 2012

September 6 2012, 1:15 AM 

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Of the LU Patternism

September 6 2012, 11:50 AM 

"Spiritual Formation" by meditation and "using your imagination" seems to be a direct repudiation of God and Jesus Christ.

http://www.lipscomb.edu/ics/Faculty

There has been a long effort to turn men into "monks." Thinking that you can meditate on one word that HITS you long enough that you get a message from the Great Spirit can never be "Christian."

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 166.248.83.157 on Sep 6, 2012 11:51 AM

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

September 6 2012, 3:00 PM 

Nurture 2012 at Lipscomb University's Institute for Christian Spirituality included presenters from the Anglican church and Fuller Theological Seminary. That looks like Lipscomb has plowed right down the ole denominational path.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 6 2012, 12:20 PM 

Ken,
Try it....you might like it! Lipscomb isn't that far from you.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 6 2012, 1:22 PM 

Ken, I notice you said..."Thinking that you can meditate on one word that HITS you long enough that you get a message from the Great Spirit can never be "Christian."

What about the one word.......JESUS!!!

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 6 2012, 4:24 PM 

If you sing all of those lipmy Jesus songs your are really saying Hail Zeus. If you listen to a lot of young preachers they speak a lot about Je-zeus Jesus warned about the Lord-Lord Sayers who were musical prophesiers He said God does not even know your name.

And one day they taught Hesiod glorious song while he was shepherding his lambs under holy Helicon, and this word first the goddesses said to me -- the Muses of Olympus, daughters of Zeus who holds the aegis:

(ll. 26-28) `Shepherds of the wilderness, wretched things of shame, mere bellies,
we know how to speak many false things as though they were true;
but we know, when we will, to utter true things.'
(ll. 29-35) So said the ready-voiced daughters of great Zeus,

and they plucked and gave me a rod,
a shoot of sturdy laurel, a marvellous thing,
and breathed into me a divine voice
to celebrate things that shall be and things there were aforetime;
and they bade me sing of the race of the blessed gods that are eternally,
but ever to sing of themselves both first and last.

(ll. 36-52) Come thou, let us begin with the Muses who gladden the great spirit of their father Zeus in Olympus with their songs, telling of things that are and that shall be and that were aforetime with consenting voice.

Unwearying flows the sweet sound from their lips, and the house of their father Zeus the loud-thunderer is glad at the lily-like voice of the goddesses as it spread abroad, and the peaks of snowy Olympus resound, and the homes of the immortals.

And they uttering their immortal voice, celebrate in song first of all the reverend race of the gods from the beginning, those whom Earth and wide Heaven begot, and the gods sprung of these, givers of good things.

Then, next, the goddesses sing of Zeus, the father of gods and men, as they begin and end their strain, how much he is the most excellent among the gods and supreme in power. And again, they chant the race of menand strong giants, and gladden the heart of Zeus within Olympus, -- the Olympian Muses, daughters of Zeus the aegis-holder.

(ll. 104-115) Hail, children of Zeus! Grant lovely song and celebrate the holy race of the deathless gods who are for ever, those that were born of Earth and starry Heaven and gloomy Night and them that briny Sea did rear.

Jesus never preached JESUS: as Son he said that He spoke only what He heard from the father.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Trinity

September 6 2012, 4:53 PM 

Ken wrote

"Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. "

If there is a trinity why did God not reveal this clearly and specifically in the Old Testament.

Why did the doctrine wait until the Council of Chalcedon, in the fourth century AD.

Why did Barton W Stone consider Jesus as subordinate to God the Father.

We need to leave some room here for Ken's point of view.

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Varying Points of View

September 6 2012, 5:16 PM 

"Most people assume that everything that bears the label Christian must have originated with Jesus Christ and His early followers. But this is definitely not the case." (Page 11)

"Many historians and religious scholars, some quoted in this publication, attest to the influence of Greek or Platonic philosophy in the development and acceptance of the Trinity doctrine in the fourth century." (Page 14)

God the Father is the One who calls us to baptism and a new way of life (John 6:44, 65), and it is His goodness that leads us to repentance and baptism (Romans 2:4). (Page 56)

"As even the New Catholic Encyclopedia, quoted from earlier, acknowledges: The majority of New Testament texts reveal Gods spirit as something, not someone; this is especially seen in the parallelism between the spirit and the power of God..." (Page 64)

IS GOD A TRINITY? written by United Church of God. . . .

I'm not endorsing this, but let's not blaspheme God. Let Him decide.

Respond to this message   
Racnor
(no login)

Re: Varying Points of View

September 7 2012, 9:23 AM 

More from "IS GOD A TRINITY?" .............................

Notice Acts 2:38:
"Then Peter said to them, 'Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." After real repentance and being baptized, the example from Scripture is that a minister lays his hands on the repentant person and he or she receives the Holy Spirit directly from God (Acts 8:14-17)

Important as it is, baptism alone is not sufficient. We must receive God's Holy Spirit--the seed of eternal life--which is imparted by the biblically mandated laying on of hands of one of God's ministers (Acts 19:1-6)

What ever floats your boat, I think I'll pass.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Varying Points of View

September 7 2012, 12:48 PM 

When YOUR UNholy spirit is washed free of UNholiness then YOU have A holy spirit.

The same Peter called it A good conscience which includes consciousness or a CO-perception of the Word of God.

We are washed with WATER INTO the Word or into the School of Christ. He then fills us with Spirit because HIS WORDS ARE SPIRIT.

Being filled with SPIRIT (Ephesians 5) is the same as being filled with the WORDS which ARE Spirit (Colosssians). Only then are we COMPETENT to SPEAK one to another "using one mind and one mouth to teach that whichis written for our learning."

Until then you will not be able to read BLACK text on BROWN Paper

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 6 2012, 7:24 PM 

Ken,
So now you don't like songs about Jesus?

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

"I Love You, Jesus"

September 6 2012, 9:41 PM 

Dave,

BBN (Bible Broadcasting Network) reported a few years ago about some research on certain "romantic" religious songs written and/or sung by famous Contemporary Christian Rock artists. The findings were that many male Christian congregants are uncomfortable singing these songs.

"I love You, Jesus ... darling of the heavens ... Oh, I was made for this: to know Your tender kiss ... I felt your warm embrace ... my feet were made to dance ... I was made for You and I have made my choice...."

Respond to this message   
Ken
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 6 2012, 10:14 PM 

Why would I repudiate Jesus just so I can dance in His lap? Why would I repudiate DIRECT COMMANDS? That would be says Christ in Isaiah 8 "because there is no light in them."

Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Romans 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
Romans 15:3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Romans 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 15:7 Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 7 2012, 12:43 AM 

Don't believe that I have heard that one before Donnie....did you write it?

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

"I Was Made for This: to Know Your Tender Kiss"

September 7 2012, 3:24 AM 

Dave,

The first two expressions came from different songs; the last four were from one song by Graham Kendrick: "I Was Made for This." Have you heard of this guy? I would think so. Go to his website. It has these sections: news, diary, biography, discography, songs, etc. I didn't look, but I see a picture of him with his guitar -- kinda reminds me of you with perhaps one of your favorite instruments.

Here are some of the lines from:

"I Was Made for This"

Oh, I was made for this: to know Your tender kiss,
to know a love divine, to know this love is mine ...
My feet were made to dance, my spirit made to soar ...
You give me more and more ...
for I was made for You and I have made my choice.
When I was far away You ran to welcome me.
I felt your warm embrace; I saw your smiling face...
I was made to love you Jesus. I was made for this...

It was a new song at Madison when Keith Lancaster and his "Worship" team (the "Praise Team") of men and WOMEN with their hand-held microphones were worship CO-LEADERS.

"I Can Only Imagine" is quite difficult for congregational singing. Some of the silly titles: "If You Miss Me" ... "Clap Your Hands" ... "Ha-la-la-la" ....

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 7 2012, 1:56 PM 

Donnie, you said "The first two expressions came from different songs; the last four were from one song by Graham Kendrick: "I Was Made for This." Have you heard of this guy? I would think so."

How would you know about Graham Kendrick? Checking out the enemy, or a closet contemporary Christian music lover?

Believe it or not, I had never heard of him before you mentioned him.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 68 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter