Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
B
(no login)

Re: ACU Lectures 2012

September 7 2012, 3:00 PM 

Surely Dave has heard the saying, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." Another saying is, "Know your enemy and know yourself and you will always be victorious."

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Graham Kendrick: the Contemporary "Christian Rock" Music Artist

September 7 2012, 10:00 PM 

Dave,

Sorry for the late response: I must make a living.

Anyway, you make it so easy for me. I love contemporary Christian music so long as it speaks the truth, the word of Christ -- there are a FEW of those that I think will be classified as hymns in the future and in hymnbooks in the future.

I despise the same when it's all about rah-rah-rah, camp-fire songs, make me-mine-myself "feel good" pretense.

OK, I'll give you this one -- both of us had never heard of him before.

But guess what? When I first quoted parts of the song, that was all I could think of. I knew it was in our "Songs of Worship" notebook of some 203 "contemporary praise music" pieces. This was Keith Lancaster's compilation of "Christian Rock [and Roll]" music by Lenny LeBlanc, Chris Tomlin, Cleavant Derricks, Michael W. Smith, Bart Millard, Twila Paris, et al.

That's why so many of our youth are getting this kind of an exposure to half-truths about the church that Christ built and its teachings.

I think we now know what "Holy Entertainment" means.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 8 2012, 10:28 AM 

Donnie, you said "OK, I'll give you this one -- both of us had never heard of him before."

Well, give me this one too....if you had not heard of him before then how did you come up with his name and song? Even if you were just looking for what you consider the worst lyrics, then it means you know of some contemporary Christian lyric/music websites. You aren't fooling anyone Donnie.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: "I Was Made for This: to Know Your Tender Kiss"

September 8 2012, 1:26 PM 

Dave,

Easy. You'd rather question my integrity rather than question the "erotic Christian music" by a famous, wealthy "Contemporary 'Christian Rock' Music" artist.

Did you not read and understand when I said it was [and is still] in the "Songs of Worship" notebook compiled by Keith Lancaster, the most famous "Worship Leader" in the "progressive" churches of Christ?

Review my earlier post. I even listed a number of the "Christian Rock" writers, such as Twila Paris and Michael J. Smith, et al. [You don't seem to pay attention to details unless they align with your personal philosophy, logic and beliefs.]

"I Was Made for This" and "I Can Only Imagine" and "Clap Your Hands" and many, many other rah-rah-rah "Rock praise" and camp-fire songs are in that notebook of over 200 pieces.

------------------------------

Changed to the original and more appropriate message title: "I Was Made for This: to Know Your Tender Kiss."

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Sep 8, 2012 1:37 PM

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: "I Was Made for This: to Know Your Tender Kiss"

September 8 2012, 2:30 PM 

Dave probably thinks that Donnie just made up that Songs of Worship notebook. After all, nothing exists with Dave unless he can personally experience it with at least one of his five (non)senses. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Racnor
(no login)

Off Topic Post

September 8 2012, 5:18 PM 

How does one obtain "EDIT" privileges in this forum? Just curious.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Off Topic Post

September 8 2012, 7:35 PM 

Racnor,

Once a message has been approved and published, "EDIT" privileges are reserved only for moderators of these fora [or "forums"].

This is a stringent but sensible format to follow. We do not want expletives and "other" types of comments from any "messenger."

There is, however, a feature called "Preview." This allows the poster to first review the message as if it were ready to be published. If the post needs to be further refined, press the "Edit" button, make changes. Keep doing the "edit" and "preview" functions until you're happy. happy.gif. Then, press "Respond!" to publish your well-thought-out message.

Hope this helps.

Respond to this message   
Racnor
(no login)

September 9 2012, 12:21 PM 

Donnie, thanks for the info. BTW, you always do a good job when you "edit". You always give an explanation of what was edited and why. That's a good quality of a moderator.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 9 2012, 6:29 PM 

Racnor, it's about time someone noticed it. happy.gif Thanks for the keen observation.

Your contribution to the discussion is greatly appreciated. You're "cool." happy.gif Besides being calm and collected.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 9 2012, 9:43 PM 

Donnie mentioned ""erotic Christian music.""

Now, you may be too far gone Donnie. Next thing you know you will be talking about the Pan flute god and the babylonian harlot.
You may not be reachable anymore.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 9 2012, 10:18 PM 

DAMON

"Rise, Lucifer, and, heralding the light,
bring in the genial day, while I make moan
fooled by vain passion for a faithless bride,
for Nysa, and with this my dying breath
call on the gods, though little it bestead--
the gods who heard her vows and heeded not.
'Begin, my flute, with me Maenalian lays.'

Ever hath Maenalus his murmuring groves
and whispering pines, and ever hears the songs
of love-lorn shepherds, and of Pan, who first
brooked not the tuneful reed should idle lie.
Begin, my flute, with me Maenalian lays.

Nysa to Mopsus given! what may not then
we lovers look for? soon shall we see mate
griffins with mares, and in the coming age
shy deer and hounds together come to drink.

Now, Mopsus, cut new torches, for they bring
your bride along; now, bridegroom, scatter nuts:
forsaking Oeta mounts the evening star!
O worthy of thy mate, while all men else
thou scornest, and with loathing dost behold
my shepherd's pipe, my goats, my shaggy brow,
and untrimmed beard, nor deem'st that any god
for mortal doings hath regard or care.

Daimonion (g1140) dahee-mon'-ee-on; neut. of a der. of 1142; a doemonic being; by extens. a deity: - devil, god.

Daimon (g1142) dah'ee-mown; from daio, (to distribute fortunes); a doemon or supernatural spirit (of a bad nature): - devil

And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. Re.18:2

But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there. Isaiah 13:21

Saiyr (g8163) saw-eer'; or sair saw-eer'; from 8175; shaggy; as noun, a he-goat; by anal. a faun: - devil, goat, hairy, kid, rough, satyr Greek CAPPELLA

Saar (g8175) saw-ar'; a prim. root; to storm; by impl. to shiver, i. e. fear: - be (horribly) afraid, fear, hurl as a storm, be tempestuous, come like (take away as with) a whirlwind.

Eze.27:35; Eze.32:10; Da.11:40

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 166.248.77.42 on Sep 9, 2012 10:21 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 9 2012, 10:28 PM 

Kinsley, David R. The Sword and the Flute: Kali & Krsna: Dark Visions of the Terrible and the Sublime in Hindu Mythology. Berkeley: U of California P, 1975.

A clown would stroll in with his livid, floured face, seat himself on the railing, and produce from his bulky pocket a flute which he began to play. At once the ringmaster appeared and intimated to him that here one could not play. The clown, unperturbed, stalked over to another place and stated again. But now the ringmaster walked up angrily and snatched his melodious toy from him. The clown gone, and plunging his hand into his fathomless pocket produced another flute and from it another melody. But alas, inexorably, here came the ringmaster again, and from it another melody. But alas, inexorably, here came the ringmaster again, and again despoiled him of his flute. Now the clown's pocket turned into an inexhaustible magic box from which proceeded, one after another, new musical instruments of all kinds, clear and gay or sweet and melancholy. The music over ruled the veto of destiny and filled the entire space, imparting to all of us with its impetuous, invincible bounty a feeling of exultation, as thought a torrent of strange energies had sprung from the dauntless melody the clown blew on his flute as he sat on the railing of the circus.

Later I thought of this clown of the flute as a grotesque modern form of the great god Pan of the forest whom the Greeks worshipped as the symbol of cosmic vitality--serene, goat-footed Pan who plays the sacred syrinx (pan pipes) in the sinking dusk and with its magic sound evokes an echo in all things: leaves and fountains shiver, the stars begin to tremble, and the shaggy goats dance at the edge of the grove. (qtd. in Kinsley, David R. The Sword and the Flute: 33, n. 49)

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Erotic Contemporary Christian Rock Music

September 10 2012, 12:02 AM 

From David Fields:

Donnie mentioned ""erotic Christian music.""

Now, you may be too far gone Donnie. Next thing you know you will be talking about the Pan flute god and the babylonian harlot.

You may not be reachable anymore.

Dave,

Let's review Graham Kendrick's "erotic Christian music":

"I Was Made for This"

Oh, I was made for this: to know Your tender kiss,
to know a love divine, to know this love is mine ...
My feet were made to dance, my spirit made to soar ...
You give me more and more ...
for I was made for You and I have made my choice.
When I was far away You ran to welcome me.
I felt your warm embrace; I saw your smiling face...
I was made to love you Jesus. I was made for this...

Should have I said "romantic Christian music"? Instead of "erotic"? Ha-ha-ha!

It if weren't for the mention of the name "Jesus." Can you imagine?

I'm thinking here's another "love song" that you may consider leading singing at your congregation. A wedding song? [Just curious, Dave. You lead singing for your church, correct? Has anyone addressed you yet as a "Worship Leader"?]

"Because"

Because, you come to me,
With naught save love,
And hold my hand and lift mine eyes above,
A wider world of hope and joy I see,
Because you come to me!

Because you speak to me in accent sweet,
I find the roses waking 'round my feet,
And I am led through tears and joy to thee,
Because you speak to me!

Because God made thee mine,
I'll cherish thee,
Through light and darkness through all time to be,
And pray His love may make our love divine,
Because God made thee mine!

Let's compare: Both lyrics contain these words: love divine ... my feet ... I ... me ... mine, etc.

Don't you remember what I told you about the research reported by BBN (Bible Broadcasting Network) a few years ago? The men congregants "feel" uneasy and uncomfortable about singing songs of that nature.

Dave, try singing "Oh, I was made for this: to know Your tender kiss" to a male "non-believer."

Anyway, get real. You may ask me to identify how many of the 200+ contemporary "Christian Rock" praise songs in that notebook have been written and/or sung and/or performed by "Christian Rock" artists with musical instruments. That notebook was compiled in January 2005. If it were to be updated with newer songs, well, I'll let you figure that out.

I'm just informing you, Dave. I'm certain that you've reached the "point of no return" to that church and truth you once knew.

An appropriate message title.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Sep 10, 2012 12:06 AM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 10 2012, 11:06 AM 

Donnie, I said that you may not be reachable. Remember the answer that Jesus gave to his disciple as they were wondering who might be saved.
Matthew 19
23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, Who then can be saved?

The answer that He gave is a comfort for you, William Crump, Ken.....and all of us.

Matthew 19
26 Jesus looked at them and said, With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

September 10 2012, 12:07 PM 

I don't think Dave would be able to reach anyone, especially having seen him in "action" here.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

January 12 2013, 3:11 PM 

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=369397

Just another article about happenings at ACU.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

January 12 2013, 4:41 PM 

Can an institution really maintain any kind of credibility with a mess like that?

Respond to this message   
Rocky
(no login)

Freed-Hardeman safety and crime

January 14 2013, 6:02 PM 

Respond to this message   
Rocky
(no login)

ACU safety and crime

January 15 2013, 12:45 PM 

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: ACU safety and crime

January 15 2013, 1:48 PM 

But a grade of "B" is not really as good as a grade of "A," especially when school safety is concerned, now is it?

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 13 4 5 6 78 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter