Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Divination and Lectio Divina of the Ignatian Retreat

September 7 2012 at 4:06 PM
Ken Sublett  (Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 166.248.78.103

My quick take on Lipscombs false teaching: you can have all of the double negatives you can find!

http://www.piney.com/Lipscomb.University.2012.Ignatian.Retreat.html

Links to the real Ignatius along with his theology which repudiates the FOUNDATION of Lipscombs theology and especially Spiritual Formation where they attempt to replace the Spirit OF Christ in His Word which He claims has the only transforming power.

http://www.piney.com/Divination.and.Lectio.Divina.html

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/seil/seil11.htm

FIRST EXERCISE First Prelude. find in your imagination (evil imagination is the reason for sending Jesus Christ) a Temple or Mountain where Jesus Christ or Our Lady is found,

John 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
John 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
John 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

THIRD EXERCISE: The first Colloquy to Our Lady, that she may get me grace from Her Son and Lord for three things:

FIFTH EXERCISE: just when I want to go asleep, to think, for the space of a HAIL MARY, Second prelude: think about Purgatory

SECOND WEEK THIRD POINT: I make my oblation with Thy favor and help, in presence of Thy infinite Goodness and in presence of Thy glorious Mother and of all the Saints of the heavenly Court;

THIRD POINT: and likewise what the Angel and Our Lady are doing, namely, the Angel doing his duty as ambassador, and Our Lady humbling herself and giving thanks to the Divine Majesty

Etc, etc, etc

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 174.252.144.20 on Sep 17, 2012 10:05 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Racnor
(no login)

Re: Lipscomb University 2012 Ignatian Retreat

September 7 2012, 5:50 PM 

"you can have all of the double negatives you can find!"

Ken, don't sweat no double negatives. Tom Petty sang "don't come around here no more". Pink Floyd sang "we don't need no education". Ken, didn't you not lock the grammar thread?

When I give you one of these happy.gif I mean it. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 7 2012, 7:29 PM 

Grammar was my mother's mother: I had two.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

September 7 2012, 8:32 PM 

Is Lipscomb going Catholic?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 7 2012, 9:11 PM 

They seem to be going monkish happy.gif
There has been a pretty solid feminization of the Church of Christ. History notes that when people move from SAY and SPEAK to Rhetoric and performance music that it is both a CAUSE and MARK of the effeminate.

You can see from a quick look that they have some closely bonded "brothers" and don't seem to care that it repudiates Churches of Christ or the Bible. This Ignatian Retreat sounds like it was written by a Monkish type.

When I returned to Middle Tennessee in 1980 I was informed by an old time INSIDER that the Church was highly afflicted with a gender disease. Experience has not been pretty

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 7 2012, 9:17 PM 

Of the ACappella (a steal word)from "after the chapel":

A deeper-reaching attempt to explain the significance of the castrato age has been made by Moses (1960) in an interesting paper on the psychology of the castrato voice. He interprets the emergence of this vocal fashion as the fulfillment of an age-old dream wish of bisexual hermaphroditism. Even if one does not follow Moses in some of his somewhat overdrawn conclusions, there is left enough of a solid basis for his theory. Hermaphroditic mythology plays an important part in cultural history. In collections of primitive art one sometimes see sculptures of idols each with female breasts and a penis

Voices mirror not only individual characters but the spirit of a period as well. In this sense the voice of the castrato personifies the bisexual ideal with its unity of a female voice in a man's body. In the mythological atmosphere of the baroque opera the castrato portrayed gods and mythological persons who presented male and female characteristics in a vocal hermaphroditic combination.

In an unfinished book that Paul Moses left at his death he predicted, over ten years ago, quite correctly the approach of another age of crossover of the sexes. The young generation of today favors fashions that obliterate the differences between the sexes. Girls wear pants, and young men sport girlish long hair and wear necklaces and bracelets. The classical love song of the nineteenth century, the love-centered operettas, and the popular songs of the "June-moon" variety of the first half of this century have given way to the harsh rhythms of rock and roll of the unisex generation. And the phoniatrist sees among his patients an increasing number of young adult males who do not use the deep masculine voice that the pubertal growth of the larynx offers but continue to speak in an artificial high pitch of almost female sound. Friedrich S. Brodnitz, M.D.

CONSISTENT WITH RESTORING HEBREW ROOTS

Delitzsch on Psalms: Moreover, we must take into consideration the facts that the compass of the tenor extends even into the soprano, that the singers were of different ages down to twenty years of age, and that Oriental, and more particularly even Jewish, song is fond of falsetto singing. We therefore adopt Perret- Gentil's rendering, chant avec voix de femmes, and still more readily Armand de Mestral's, en soprano; whereas Melissus' rendering, "upon musical instruments called Alamoth (the Germans would say, upon the virginal)," has nothing to commend it.

"Hebrew music... was used in the luxurious times of the later monarchy the effeminate gallants of israel, reeking with perfumes, and stretched upon their couches of ivory, were wont at their banquets to accompany the song with the tinkling of the psaltery or guitar (Am. v1. 4-6), and amused themselves with devising musical instruments while their nation was perishing... music was the legitimate expression of mirth and gladness, and the indication of peace and prosperity." (Smith's Bible Dictionary, Music, p. 590).

Respond to this message   
john watson smith
(Login johnwatsonsmith)

More steps in the path of digression

September 7 2012, 9:37 PM 

This is more confusion and ambiguity based on the post modern model of truth. I cannot fathom how much damage this "thrust" is doing to the young people by influence. We should all be underscoring the basis and fundamentals found in the Bible and be emphatic about it. We need to require our own sex ed classes for parents who then should be instructing their children. We need our own business and social ethics classes for out young based on the new testament. Things were liberal enough in the sixties when I was at LU - I cant imagine how difficult it is to sort through all this garbage to find the truth now.

Comments Welcome

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 7 2012, 9:32 PM 

B (William Crump), are you slandering/negating your very own alma mater (Lipscomb)?

As we have seen, you wear many hats.....now we add.....Traitor.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

September 8 2012, 12:16 AM 

The word "traitor" is best applied to any church of Christ institution that adopts and supports the practices of the denominations.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

September 8 2012, 12:39 AM 

The word "traitor" also describes a member of the church of Christ who becomes a change agent and adopts and supports the practices of the denominations. Now let's see...Dave supports the use of instrumental music in worship, which the denominations condone but the true church of Christ does not, so that makes ole Dave a TRAITOR to the true church of Christ. So what other denominational practices would Dave like to see implemented in the church of Christ? Prayer books with scripted prayers? Pizza and soft drinks for the Lord's Supper? Infant baptism? Women pastors? Statues of the Virgin Mary? To which long-dead Roman Catholic "saints" does Dave offer prayers to "meet his felt needs"? Maybe Dave should adopt Jude as his "patron saint," because Jude is supposed to be the patron saint of lost causes, according to the Catholics. We've known that ole Dave has certainly been a lost cause for a very long time. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 7 2012, 10:26 PM 

Apparently the students do not grasp that Ignatius of Loyala the Spiritual Terrorist is NOT the Ignatius as Church Father who repudiates the false dogma of most POST MODERN pseudo-scholars.

Of Lipscomb's Ignatian Retreat: Lipscomb Ignatian Retreat: Finding God in All Things, A Companion To The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, by William Barry, SJ, is recommended (not required) reading before this retreat.
Resting on over 200 wooded and landscaped acres with a magnificent bluff view, St. Mary's Sewanee provides a sacred space in which guests may meet, bring their own group programs, engage in a personal retreat, or participate in program offerings by St. Mary's Sewanee.. There is a LABYRINTH on which to trace a sacred path.

Clement of Alexandria

http://www.piney.com/MuClement.html

Do not play the tyrant, O man, over beauty, nor offer foul insult to youth in its bloom. Keep beauty pure, that it may be truly fair. Be king over beauty, not its tyrant. Remain free, and then I shall acknowledge thy beauty, because thou hast kept its image pure: then will I worship that true beauty which is the archetype of all who are beautiful.

Now the grave of the debauched boy is the temple and town of Antinous. For just as temples are held in reverence, so also are sepulchres, and pyramids, and mausoleums, and labyrinths, which are temples of the dead, as the others are sepulchres of the gods. As teacher on this point, I shall produce to you the Sibyl prophetess:-

"Not the oracular lie of Phoebus, [Apollo, Abaddon, Apollyon]
Whom silly men called God, and falsely termed Prophet;
But the oracles of the great God, who was not made by men's hands,
Like dumb idols of Sculptured stone. (Vulg., Sibyllini, p. 253.)

The Labyrinth Offers Ancient Meditation For Todays Hurried Souls:

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/whitingsarticle.pdf

The prayer labyrinth offers a feast to fill that hunger. Meeting God in the middle [: In the Occult ...the center is the Androgenous deity/both male & female ... it goes by different names ... depending on sect or tradition.] The labyrinth is a maze-like path [Contrived path or arrangement, its witchcraft term is actually known as PATHWORKING: i.e.. any of the archetypal guided journeys undertaken in innerplane travel.] similar to those designed into the floors of European cathedrals during the Middle Ages. [What is not mentioned is that it was also known as the dark ages for the common person did not have access to the Word of God thus there was no spiritual light or discernment ] Christians of that time would walk the labyrinth to aid their contemplative prayer and reflection. The labyrinths fell into disuse, and most were eventually forgotten or destroyed. [At the time of the Reformation as people began to have access to the Word of God and were able to be discerning of the spirits, the experiential, empirical, and occult practices fell into disuse or were abandoned as people became obedient to the mandates of Scripture]

As we began the inward journey-toward the center of the canvas, a gentle female voice with a British accent [notice the female voice which is automatically acclimating the participant to hearing the voice of the Divine Feminine/goddess in a spiritual context] reads a portion of John 1. She told us not to rush but to slow down, breathe deeply, and fully focus on God. [In witchcraft this is known as CONCENTRATION, which is focusing the mind on one object or idea so that nothing else exists during the period of concentration.]

Women and children or BOYS (effeminate) should NOT rule over you.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 166.248.64.97 on Sep 9, 2012 11:56 AM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 8 2012, 10:31 AM 

I think I made someone mad.......just shake it off William Crump (B).

Don't worry about it and don't let it get to you. I was just messing with ya.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

September 8 2012, 9:54 PM 

Dave backed off a little. He knows he can't legitimately call B a "traitor," because B reminded Dave that Dave has been a traitor to the church of Christ for supporting instrumental music.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 9 2012, 2:31 PM 

B, the SBC is well aware of your flip-flop's from agent to double agent. We have our "best" agent on the job to monitor you at all times. Just a reminder......happy.gif

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

September 9 2012, 5:29 PM 

At least I repented and got out of the SBC. So the SBC has "spies" now. They must be paranoid. BTW, don't you know that plurals are not made by adding apostrophes?

Respond to this message   
Ken
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 8 2012, 9:27 PM 

From a couple of e-mails too bad to post in polite society we have this statement:

Mr. Sublett, why do you assign yourself this task? Is this your legacy to the church? To expose error? Does a student retreat at Lipscomb surrounding an early church father so inflame your ire that you must write all this?

First, the Lipscomb Staff having run out of "that which is written for our learning", apparently thinks that they can pray to the Holy Mother and she will get us some grace, are not early church fathers.

Second, "Finding God in All Things, A Companion To The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, by William Barry, SJ, is recommended (not required) reading before this retreat" is not a church father.

Of the society of Jesus: The Society of Jesus (Latin: Societas Iesu, S.J., SJ or SI) is a Christian male religious order that follows the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. the first formula of its Institute ("Regimini militantis ecclesia", 27 Sept., 1540)

The name "Societas Jesus" had been born by a military order approved and recommended by Pius II in 1450, the purpose of which was to fight against the Turks and aid in spreading the Christian faith. The early Jesuits were sent by Ignatius first to pagan lands or to Catholic countries; to Protestant countries only at the special request of the pope and to Germany, the cradle-land of the Reformation, at the urgent solicitation of the imperial ambassador.
-----As the object of the society was the propagation and strengthening of the Catholic faith everywhere, the Jesuits naturally endeavored to counteract the spread of Protestantism.

They were the Execution Squad for the Pope and still work to destabilize other religions.

Third, Ignatius was NOT an early Church Father.

The "exercises" do not sound like anything a mature male would fall into.

I am reading "Toland's Adolph Hitler" for the third time since he seems to have been reincarnated. Here is some documentary about the JESUIT MARK with lots of photo's. Since the Jesuits were organized as a MILITANT wing against the enemies of THE CHURCH, it cannot be disputed.

Jesuit Inquisition."

http://www.spirituallysmart.com/nazi.html

So, we ask, is there a PLANT?

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 166.248.83.157 on Sep 8, 2012 9:49 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

John Mark Hicks Pattern

September 8 2012, 10:37 PM 

Preparation

Centering Silence: get into a relaxed position, settle your spirit and focus your mind/heart by prayerfully repeating a phrase or line from Scripture.

Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul (Psalm 143:8).

Prayer Path:

1. Recognize that you are in the presence of God and pray for illumination: Lord, I believe that at this moment I am in your loving presence. Please help me understand myself today and see you in my life.

2. Review the day with gratitude: God, I thank you for your many gifts. Help me appreciate your blessings.

Be concrete and specific. Where have you experienced the goodness of the Lord today? Review the day to see where God has been present throughout the day. Failings will emerge in your review as well.

3. Pay attention to the feelings that surfaced in your review of the day.

Reflect on the feelings, both positive and negative, you have experienced today. Acknowledge the range of feelings that emerge out of the various circumstances of the day. Feelings fill our day and illuminate our hearts.

4. Choose one of those feelings and pray from it: God, having examined my day, I give thanks for your gifts and ask your forgiveness for my failings. I have felt ____ today and give me grace to see you in this feeling and what it means.

Is there one emotion or feeling that stands out to you? Explore this emotionwhat was its origin, meaning and effect? How did it affect your day? Express spontaneously the prayer that emerges as you attend to this feeling as it appeared during the day.

5. Offer a prayer of reconciliation and resolve: Lord, as I look forward to tomorrow, I renew my commitment to follow you. Show me how to become the person you want me to be.

As you review the day to come, what feeling emerges as you look at the coming tasks. Fear? Doubt? Joy? Regret? Whatever it is, turn it into a prayer for help, healing or thanksgiving.

6. Conclude: The Lords Prayer.

Psalms 143:5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all THY works; I muse on the work of THY hands.
Psalms 143:9 Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.
Psalms 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
Psalms 143:11 Quicken me, O LORD, for thy names sake: for thy righteousness sake bring my soul out of trouble.
Psalms 143:12 And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant

O, say can you not see
That's its all about ME?

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 166.248.83.157 on Sep 8, 2012 10:42 PM

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: John Mark Hicks Pattern

September 8 2012, 10:53 PM 

Hmmm...repetitious prayers based on feelings about self. I guess that's what the change agents mean when they urge people to pray to have their "felt needs" met.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: John Mark Hicks Pattern

September 9 2012, 11:59 AM 

One of my brutal critics is led to believe that Ignatius the SPIRITUAL TERRORIST and pattern for Hitler is Ignatius the church father who repudiates the pseudo scholarship of most postmodern universities.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 9 2012, 9:39 PM 

William Crump (B) said "BTW, don't you know that plurals are not made by adding apostrophes?:

The english cop......that's my boy! You can take the name from the B, but you can't take away his nature.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter