Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

The Best of Madison...Praise God!!!

September 11 2012 at 1:25 PM
Dave: (EDIT! EDIT!)  (no login)
from IP address 130.127.42.38

http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/email/newsletter/1411449898

September 11, 2012

By Phil Barnes, Minister of the Word

Follow Phil on Twitter @SpeedyBarnes

This sign means a lot to me personally. When I was a single guy I rode motorcycles. When I met Kim that's all I had, and we dated for the first year on my Yamaha and her Ford Maverick. But then we married and after a few years had our first child so I quit riding, sold my bike, my helmet, everything and got a minivan!

Now the boys are grown, and I have the opportunity to ride again. I really enjoy it, although I agree with all of you who have told me it's dangerous. Other drivers do not see you; that's a fact. Every time you ride you have to do so with the assumption they can't see you. It had been so long since I had last ridden that I took a motorcycle safety course. The nugget I took away from that class was this, "I don't care if they don't see me, because I see them." That's the way I try to ride, as safely as I can. You never know when someone will come along and mess up your day.

True in motorcycle riding and true in life. [. . .]

9/27/12

Your Name: Even More Concerned (EDIT! EDIT!)
CHANGED TO: Dave: (EDIT! EDIT!)
Reason: To shorten the "Author" column of the Index page

David Fields has a "new" poster's name. Again. Permission granted for one-time use. Per instruction to "EDIT! EDIT!" the message, it's done. I gather that the link provided may contain the rest of [. . .]

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Sep 27, 2012 5:59 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: The Best of Madison...Praise God!!!

September 12 2012, 5:08 PM 

What, Donnie, now you don't like people who ride motorcycles? and wear sunglasses? and have dark hair? and wear leather jackets? Did you say you were a democrat?

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 12 2012, 10:33 PM 

The initial post's name was "Even More Concerned (EDIT! EDIT!)." (no login) from IP address 130.127.42.38.

The above post was by "Anonymous." Annie Mouse. (no login) from IP address 130.127.42.38.

What's going on, Dave Fields?

You gave me permission to edit your post; why did you "challenge" me to edit your copy-and-pasted Phil Barnes' article. So, I did it on my own volition. I left the motorcycle scenario intact for your perusing pleasure.

Next time let me know to publish any of Phil Barnes' messages in its entirety once you've asked him and you've been given permission. Perhaps, challenge him to visit this site and read (not only once, but often) especially MCC-Torn's thread on the new "Madison's [Instrumental] Vision."

Me ... a Democrat? I'm voting for you as this site's resident comedian!

Dave, you know fully well that I am a conservative in many respects. Biblically and politically. I'm for democracy, but I'm not a Democrat because of the party's liberal, progressive [anything-goes] ideology.

You're at odds with yourself when you claim to be a conservative ... biblically. Your religious ideology and agenda are very closely aligned with those of your mentors -- the change agents operating in the brotherhood. If you are that liberal and progressive as the change agents, how and why would you expect me to believe that you are not a Democrat to the fullest?

Respond to this message   
Dave Fields
(no login)

Calling Yourself a Conservative

September 19 2012, 7:05 PM 

Donnie, if you call a cat a dog, does that mean it is a dog now? No more than it would be if you call yourself a conservative.

======================

Dave's original entries:

Your Name: Edit Edit! (Can I use this one again.?)
Message Title: Oh Please Oh Please

Dave, the answer is NO!!! Your initial post was approved only to show the real David Fields.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Sep 19, 2012 11:01 PM

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

"Left-Leaning": a Liberal Democrat Knows It When He Is

September 19 2012, 11:26 PM 

Dave,

1. The New Testament teachings of Christ and His chosen apostles were fundamental and conservative. And so were they during the Restoration Movement and through several decades and generations until the the arrival of the change agents.

2. The change agents, on the other hand, are the left-wingers in the church; they are liberal and progressive in their religious ideology (any doctrine is just fine: scriptural or man-made). Their evil SCHEME to transform and restructure the church that Christ built is culture-driven, subversive, divisive, intrusive and unnecessary.

3. Your posts, Dave, clearly indicate that your alignment is with the latter, the change agents. And you very well know it.

Respond to this message   
john watson smith
(Login johnwatsonsmith)

attitude of the faithful

September 21 2012, 7:16 PM 

Consider the attitude of the faithful as recorded in Joshua 22:5 - "take careful heed to do the commandment and the law..... hold fast to him and serve him with all your heart and with all your soul" . The attitude of the faithful has always been and will always be one of conservatism toward Gods directions. This attitude is not a simple part of the Bible belt mindset or culture. Its the way it is to be done as stated in example within Gods word in many places.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God - for our God is a consuming fire - and is able to destroy both body and soul in hell forever.

Consider what is the attitude of one who is following the admonition to avoid even the very appearance of evil.

Comments Welcome

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: attitude of the faithful

September 21 2012, 9:45 PM 

I can't resist any lead and I followed the connection between disobedience and destruction. I landed on Job 36 and often thought that this describes AIDS.

Probably written before the Law of Moses

Job 36:9 Then he sheweth them their work, and their transgressions that they have exceeded.
Job 36:10 He openeth also their ear to discipline,
....and commandeth that they return from iniquity.
Job 36:11 If they obey and serve him,
....they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
Job 36:12 But if they obey not,
....they shall perish by the sword,
....and they shall die without knowledge.

Obedience in baptism makes one a disciple and gives access to the Word of God. Both Amos and Isaiah 5 blames wine, women and musical instruments for their lack of knowledge. As a result they wandered over the earth looking for the Word, could not find it and hungered and thirsted to death.

On the other hand:

Job 36:13 But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them.

A hypocrite is a Simulator Copier, pretender, counterfeit, hypocrite. In Ezekiel 33 they are entertainment speakers, singers, instrument players and the audience who wants only to be entertained.

As a result,

Job 36:14 They die in youth, and their life is among the unclean.

They die in tempestas a period of time B. Trop. (like our storm, tempest, = ), commotion, disturbance; calamity, misfortune: a throng, multitude, etc.

Among inter , In expressing any relation which connects two or more persons, conceived as between or among them (strife, rivalry, friendship, intercourse, etc.).

The unclean are:

Effemino make feminine to make womanish, effeminate, to enervate: A. Womanish, effeminate (cf.: mollis, luxuriosus, dissolutus):
furialis illa vox, religiosis altaribus effeminata, Cic. Planc. 35, 86: effeminata ac levis opinio, id. Tusc. 2, 22, 52 effeminata et enervis compositio, B. In mal. part., that submits to unnatural lust: pathicus, Suet. Aug. 68;

Effeminate Religious at the Altar:: The Furies
Vox vox inflexa ad miserabilem sonum, id. de Or. 2, 46, 193: inclinata ululantique voce canere,
pello , 1. To drive out or away, to thrust or turn out, expel, banish; 4. Of a musical instrument, to strike the chords, play: nervi pulsi, struck, Cic. Brut. 54, 199: lyra pulsa manu, Ov. M. 10, 205; cf.: classica pulsa,

Pulso Of musical instruments: chordas digitis et pectine eburno, to strike, play upon, Verg. A. 6, 647: chelyn, Val. Fl. 1, 139: pectine nervos, Sil. 5, 463: cymbala, Juv. 9, 62.Of things: pulsant arva ligones, Ov. Am. 3, 10, 31; id. M. 11, 529: nervo pulsante sagittae, Verg. G. 4, 313.

Religiosus b. Eccl. Lat., of or belonging to the clergy, clerical (opp. saecularis), Salv. Avar. 3, 5.

Acts 2.5 Now there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under the sky.

No one will find any religious performance and men "who are drunk, perverted or just having fun."

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 27 2012, 10:54 AM 

Luke 15
23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Lets have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found. SO THEY BEGAN TO CELEBRATE. 25 Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27 Your brother has come, he replied, and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.

Jesus told of this parable about the lost son.

Does this sound conservative? If Jesus wanted to avoid any confusion that music was bad, do you believe he would have set up music and dancing in such a good light? In this context, the music (instrumental...to accompany the dancing) and dancing here is good and part of a receptive joyous occasion for the returning lost son. Again, does this sound conservative?

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Message Is Conservative; Interpretation is Democrat-Liberal

September 27 2012, 9:49 PM 

Dave,

Do you believe that this was an assembly or gathering of NT saints [modern theology calls it "worship service"]? Where there was music?

... and dancing?

Last time I checked -- MUSIC and DANCE go hand in hand. History's recorded it. I believe YouTube proves it.

One more ... did they observe the Lord's Supper ... and did so with music and dancing?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Jesus spoke parables to FOOL the FOOLISH: still works?

September 27 2012, 12:00 PM 

Jesus ORDAINED and Paul confirmed that the doctors of the law--tasked to take away the key to knowledge--will NEVER EVER be able to read BLACK text on BROWN Paper.

People who have been feeding with the pigs SHOULD return home and Jesus will feed them with the rich things of life. This teaches mercy for sinners but not until they return to the Father. But, how many have taken the wealth of widows and honest workers and squandered it on anything but the Word of God, CAN repent and come home. Returning to the Father is much more joyful than the PARABLE of enjoying all of the pleasures of the world. However, repentance may not give them the rich inheritance to be ever used as Shepherds (feeders) of the flock.

Sure, that's the story you have been fed by the musicators who bust their bottoms trying to find SOME hope for being TASKED and FULFILLED the deliberate sowing of discord and "making the lambs DUMB before the slaughter." It certainly seems to have worked on all of the Dance Masters leading the Lemmings to their death. So, go ahead: you MUST sing AND dance (that femy kinda thingy): this is the MARK that you have no lasting INHERITANCE.

Why do you suppose that it is not possible to get enough Ph.ds to look at the WHOLE story.

John 16:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you,
.....That ye shall weep and lament,
.....but the world shall rejoice:
.....and ye shall be sorrowful,
.....but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

[Chario: the GRACE CENTERED]
[linked image]

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 166.248.64.80 on Sep 27, 2012 12:11 PM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

September 27 2012, 10:24 PM 

The point being that you can put down music until your blue in the face, but Jesus didn't see it that way. That whole point with Jesus is that His worship didn't have to be with an assembly. His worship was 24/7. Whether it was a multitude or Him and God, it was ALWAYS an assembly. Donnie, you are still believing that an assembly has to be organized with structure (songs, and preaching, etc. Do you believe that if people worship God and Jesus tonight but don't have the Lord's Supper then it is not as important as when we meet on the first day of the week and take of the Lord's Supper?

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Music ... and Dancing in Worship

September 27 2012, 11:07 PM 

Dave,

First, don't be ashamed to claim your post. You know very well that we can very easily address you as "Annie Mouse." Take your pick.

Music. I love music. But I do not love your kind of music that you call "worship" to our Reverend Father!!! But, of course, you're free to blow your trumpet unto the Lord.

We are NOT discussing or debating music outside of the assembly of the saints at any time!!! You're the only one bringing that up. So stop making an argument about something that has nothing to do with the assembly. Yours is a fallacious argument if your implication is that anytime there is music and dancing -- that it is worship????? Like at a concert?

Since music and dancing go hand in hand (recorded history proves it; YouTube affirms it), do you honestly believe that "worship" is acceptable to God with BOTH music and dancing?

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: Music ... and Dancing in Worship

September 28 2012, 1:38 PM 

How does Dave conclude that the parable of the prodigal son was a "worship service" with music and dancing? Many of Jesus' recorded parables did not center around the worship assembly but rather on everyday events. In the case of this parable, the setting was a family reunion between a father and his son who had returned HOME.

Dave must really be desperate to have instrumental music in the assembly if he resorts to twisting biblical events around to suit his purpose.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 27 2012, 11:24 PM 

Read John 4: Jesus said that worship is IN SPIRIT (a place) opposite of Jerusalem Temple or Samaria temple.

Worship is IN TRUTH where giving heed to THE WORD is the only defined act of worship.

You cannot worship IN THE SPIRIT when you are worshiping WITH THE BODY and you cannot worship IN TRUTH when you are singing Sissy Simon lusting to make love to the "spirit."

I cannot worship IN SPIRIT (the Left Hemisphere) when YOU shut it down with music which creates the impulse of fight, flight or sexual stimulation. The new style praise singing is the definition of the BEAST in Revelation. That's why you believe lies when feed into a Right Hemisphere without getting rationally decoded. You WILL lie and say that "that is what I always believed." That's the Lucifer Principle.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Big ANTI-instrumental Lie Against Churches of Christ

September 28 2012, 1:08 PM 

No level of scholarship or BlogSimps fails to accuse Churches of Christ as being SECTARIAN or HERETICAL for BEGINNING to resist those who IMPOSE instruments. We hesitate to think that one could write books and encyclopedias and be IGNORANT of the Bible and recorded history: the only option is that people strong deluded deliberately introduce LYING WONDERS.

http://baptisthistoryhomepage.com/benedict.fifty.years.ch22.html

This decade embraces all the remaining facts yet to be noticed, from about 1840 to the present time; and in discoursing upon them, I shall occasionally find it necessary to pass rapidly in different directions over the whole fifty years now under review.]

[p. 281]
How far this modern organ fever will extend among our people, and whether it will on the whole work a re-formation or de-formation in their singing service, time will more fully develop. The original purpose of our small instrument was to assist the old-fashioned gallery choir, and to gather it in full strength around it, and so long as the musical concern in question is thus employed, we may reasonably expect it will be viewed with favor by spiritual worshipers, but whenever it shall assume an overwhelming influence, and only a few artistic performers be retained in the singers seats, to be directed by men who take but little interest in any of the services of the sanctuary, except what pertains to their professional duty, then a machine, harmless in itself, will be looked upon with disfavor if not with disgust by the more pious portion of our assemblies.

The Changes in Church Music, so called, among the Baptists, duirng the Period which these Reminiscences Embrace.

In my earliest intercourse among this people congregational singing generally prevailed among them. In a few churches in the northern regions, mostly, however, in New England, gallery choirs took the lead in this part of worship; but nowhere then was there what would now be called a scientific performance of this service, but the nearest approaches to it were found in a few Baptist congregations at the North, where it often happened that the leaders and many of the members of the choirs were not members of the churches for whose benefit they sang. This was sometimes a matter of grief to some of the old members, which, however, was generally borne without any open murmurs.

Through all the country parts of the South and West, in my earliest explorations of those regions, the old-fashioned way of lining out the psalm or hymn, as the singing went on, was very common, as it was also in many parts of the middle and northern States.

As this reading of the lines was often performed by the deacons of the churches, who stood under or in front of the pulpits, the term deaconing was sometimes applied to the service. [p. 282]

In many congregations the old pitch pipe was seen in the hands of the leader of the singing, and by degrees small instruments of music were introduced into the singing galleries, where extra efforts were made among the performers, and finally the bass viol, then the me plus ultra, the perfection of instrumental music, became a permanent fixture in a portion of our congregations. Strong prejudices, however, for a time existed in the minds of many of our old members against the big fiddle, as the bass viol was called, and indeed against all kinds of musical instruments, and church difficulties often arose on this account. But by degrees these prejudices subsided as the people became more and more interested in the performances of their singing choirs, and as their congregations were augmented by the new attractions in their religious worship.

The Introduction of the Organ among the Baptists

This instrument, which from time immemorial has been associated with cathedral pomp and prelatical power, and has always been the peculiar favorite of great national churches, at length found its way into Baptist sanctuaries, and the first one ever employed by the denomination in this country, and probably in any other, might have been seen standing in the singing gallery of the old Baptist meeting house in Pawtucket, [p. 283] about forty years ago, where I then officiated as pastor; and in process of time, this dernier resort in church music was adopted by many of our societies which had formerly been distinguished for their primitive and conventicle plainness. The changes which have been experienced in the feelings of a large portion of our people has often surprised me. Staunch old Baptists in former times would as soon have tolerated the Pope of Rome in their pulpits as an organ in their galleries, and yet the instrument has gradually found its way among them, and their successors in church management, with nothing like the jars and difficulties which arose of old concerning the bass viol and smaller instruments of music.

The circumstances attending the innovation in question among my people, which was rather pleasing than offensive to the whole concern, may be thus related: As yet there was no other house of worship in the place, and our choir of singers were making vigorous efforts in behalf of their department, in connection with the Mozart Society, which for many years occupied an important position in the singing line, and frequently had concerts of a very popular character, which were always held in our house of worship. In aid of these performances a small organ was obtained by a joint-stock company, which, in the end, became a permanent fixture of the house. This [p. 284]

clever little concern, still alive in another congregation, took the place of all the inferior cymbals on which our singers hitherto depended for instrumental aid, and by degrees became a favorite with all the people however much some of them had previously been biassed against any artificial aid in the melody of the sanctuary, and indeed, to the attractions of the gallery, rather than the pulpit, some people slyly ascribed the full houses which we generally enjoyed.

This change in Baptist policy happened in a suburban branch of the old Roger Williams church, at a distance of four miles from its center, a number of years before any movement was made by the mother body in the organ business.

I have already stated that at the time above referred to, the house in which I officiated was the only one in Pawtucket, or its vicinity, where are at present accommodations more or less splendid for churchgoing people of many different creeds. And I would furthermore state that for a number of years pasty there have existed within my old parish bounds, six good houses of worship for Baptists, in all of which the instruments so indispensable for modern singers are found. One of this number is of the Freewill order, but this community a few years since, following in the wake of their brethren of a more stringent creed, placed an organ in their own singing gallery.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter