Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New Senior Minister at Madison (and Returning to "the Old Paths"?)

December 17 2012 at 8:30 AM
Concerned Member  (no login)
from IP address 166.205.55.32

I heard they appointed a new senior minister/pastor at Madison yesterday, any news on who? Could this guy return them to the old paths?

The Senior Preaching Pastor claims that "I vote with the elders because I am the Authoratative Teacher." They claim the role of Jesus as both Rabbi and Mediator-Intercessor

Parasites: all religious operatives such as the Priests and Levites were called Parasites. A parasite specificially identifies speakers, singers, instrument players and actors.

http://www.piney.com/Robert.Ballard.Are.Instrumental.Performers.Parasites.html

http://www.piney.com/Preaching.for.Pay.and.Simony.html

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.233.68 on Jul 28, 2014 12:04 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: New Senior Minister at Madison: And Demon Worship

December 17 2012, 1:33 PM 

I find it interesting that you termed it "minister/pastor."

Was that intended to include "'pastor' in the church of Christ" in the discussion [which, by the way, is what we're hearing more and more of]?

Or, was that a reminder to members of the church of Christ that a local evangelist (at the same time) can hold an office as one of the congregation's group of pastors or elders? That the church believes, not just in one pastor or elder serving, but in the plurality of pastors or elders leading the local church?

Another interesting point is in your question of -- "Could this guy return them to the old paths?" -- which leads to a more interesting question: Does the current leadership even know "the old paths"?

[It is not our intent to make this thread into a gossip column. Rather, we desire that we publish the truth to serve as "lessons learned" as we combat the efforts of change agents operating in the brotherhood, who are busily creating confusion and division among congregations (esp. "mega" ones) while changing and "transforming" (converting) them into Saddleback-style Community Churches. Also, sorry, I wasn't in attendance when the announcement was made; but we're giving this thread the "benefit."]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 70.197.160.201 on Feb 21, 2013 9:04 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: New Senior Minister at Madison

December 21 2012, 5:33 PM 

We are just trying to tell you why in ALL churches invaded by the musical performers the godly people will flee or sit on their hands suffering the discord or afflictions or great tribulations all of the godly will have to endure.

Hippolytus Book V - The Refutation of All Heresies - Satan Worship

http://www.piney.com/FathHippolAnt5.html

They rashly assume in this manner, that whatsoever things have been said and done by all men, (may be made to harmonize) with their own particular mental view, alleging that ALL things become spiritual. Whence likewise they assert, that those exhibiting themselves in theatres,not even these say or do anything without premeditation.

Therefore, he says, when, on the people assembling in the theatres, any one enters clad in a remarkable robe, carrying a harp and playing a tune (upon it, accompanying it) with a song of the great mysteries, he speaks as follows, not knowing what he says:

"Whether (thou art) the race of Saturn (Satans) or happy Jupiter, or mighty Rhea (ZOE, Eve), Hail, Attis, gloomy mutilation of Rhea. Assyrians style thee thrice-longed-for Adonis, and the whole of Egypt (calls thee) Osiris, celestial horn of the moon; [The bull, Apis, at Sinai] Greeks denominate (thee) Wisdom; Samothracians, venerable Adam; Haemonians, Corybas; and them Phrygians (name thee) at one time Papa, at another time Corpse, or God, or Fruitless, or Aipolos, or green Ear of Corn that has been reaped, or whom the very fertile Amygdalus produced-a man, a musician."

This, he says, is multiform Attis, whom while they celebrate in a hymn, they utter these words:

"I will hymn Attis, son of Rhea, not with the buzzing sounds of trumpets, or of Idaean pipers, which accord with (the voices of) the Curetes; but I will mingle (my song) with Apollo's music of harps, evoe, evan, ' inasmuch as thou art Pan, as thou art Bacchus, as thou art shepherd of brilliant stars."

On account of these and such like reasons, these constantly attend the mysteries called those of the "Great Mother,"supposing especially that they behold by means of the ceremonies performed there the entire mystery. [Moved into the presence of the gods with music]

For these have nothing more than the ceremonies that are performed there, except that they are not emasculated:they merely complete the work of the emasculated.

For with the utmost severity and vigilance they enjoin (on their votaries) to abstain, as if they were emasculated, from intercourse with a woman. The rest, however, of the proceeding (observed in these mysteries), as we have declared at some length, (they follow) just as (if they were) emasculated persons. And they do not worship any other object but Naas, (from thence) being styled Naasseni.

But Naas is the serpent from whom, i.e., from the word Naas, (the Naassene) says, are all that under heaven are denominated temples (Naos). And (he states) that to him alone-that is, Naas-is dedicated every shrine and every initiatory rite, and every mystery; and, in general, that a religious ceremony could not be discovered under heaven, in which a temple (Naos) has no existence; and in the temple itself is Naas, from whom it has received its denomination of temple (Naos)

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 17 2013, 6:57 PM 

What's Next. From the prophets to Revelation the SOUNDS-LIKE imitation or literal musical instruments are the noises of the BEAST. Those who get slicked into it are MARKED and I find no evidence that it can ever be rubbed off. Therefore, you have to look at all groups who have been Lifted up with Pride as the mortal enemy of Christ and His message from the Prophets and Apostles.

Christ defines the future REST in the synagogue from the wilderness onward as His ekklesia which permites NO origination of material to be taught and discussed. Isaiah 55 outlaws the "audience" for paying their bread money for that FREE water of the Word. In Isaiah 58 He outlaws seeking your own pleasure or SPEAKING YOUR OWN WORDS.

He calls the Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites. In the Ezekiel 26 and 33 passage parallel to the NOT TIMES, The Spirit OF Christ who does ALL of the pattern speech warned.

Therefore, you have to look at Madison as the PATTERN for almost every member of the elect who will scarcely be saved: that's DOCTRINE or the Teaching of Christ. If you say that doctrine does not count then DISCOUNT the doctrine or DOGMA of the Madison leaders. That also means that you DESPISE the Word of Christ and that makes you guilty of BLASPHEMING The Holy Spirit Of Christ and THAT'S why they have been separated out by the LOCUSTS (Muses) and are held captive until judgment.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: New Senior Minister at Madison: And Demon Worship

March 11 2013, 9:34 PM 

Gal 5:12 As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!

Crucifixion carries with it "cooling the passions of God's Enemies. "Washing" or baptism INTO Christ carries the same message. Those who AGITATE and boast about agitating and hold workshops of evil to teach the juvenile delinquents how to AGITATE are RECRUCIFYING CHRIST TO THEMSELVES: They repudiate baptism because they have rejected their baptism.

Anastatoo (g387) an-as-tat-o'-o; from a der. of 450 (in the sense of removal); prop. to drive out of home (Psallo has the same meaning), i.e. (by impl.) to disturb (lit. or fig.): - trouble, turn upside down, make an uproar, to stir up, excite, unsettle to excite tumults and seditions in the state to upset, unsettle, minds by disseminating religious error

Only as a metaphor has PSALLO ever musically meant more than SHOOT SOMEONE WITH A SONG.

The Psallo having the same root as SOP was the SIGNAL for Satan to ENTER Judas and he attempted to TRIUMPH OVER Jesus (Re Psalm 41). This signal or ALARM is the vocal and instrumental rejoicing or high-sounding rhetoric when the command is teach the Word of God: that began in the wilderness.

Its primary and REAL root meaning speaks of Apollo (Abaddon, Apollyon) Twanging his bow string to send forth a "singing" arrow into the literal heart. As the father of musical harmony and homosexual worship he also carried his Lyre (as in Liar) to twang the lyre strings to shoot forth Love Arrows. ALL of the proof texts the NACC and the "progressives" adopt speak of older males PLUCKING a harp skilfully to seduce a young male whose hairs had been plucked.

It does not MEAN all of these but psallo can be used IN CONNECTION with singing or playing but NEVER without naming an instrument.

Similar: PSALLO I. In gen., to play upon a stringed instrument; esp., to play upon the cithara, to sing to the cithara: psallere saltare elegantius, [carry away] 1. to convey away (from the family) by bequest, to bequeath away,

As proven by recorded history the AGITATORS who RECRUCIFY Christ make use of the PSALLO word which carries the same meaning as a heretic or sectarian; creating mental excitement to CARRY AWAY your property to make it his own. That is the BOAST of people who use eminent domain to justify stealing the church houses of widows to ACT OUT violent ant-Biblical and anti-Civil orgies in Paul's use of the WRATH word. It is YOUR mark that Jesus has been there to pick up HIS NAME and the Menorah or lamps or seven spirits of Christ.

Chrysostom's Commentary on Galatians:

http://www.piney.com/John.Chrysostom.Commentary.Galatians.html

Galatians 5:1.-"With freedom did Christ set us free; stand fast therefore.115 ." Ver. 12.
"I would that they which unsettle you would even cut themselves off." And he says well "that unsettle you."
"A man that is heretical after the first and second admonition refuse." (Tit. iii: 10) If they will,
let them not only be circumcised, but mutilated.

Where then are those who dare to mutilate themselves; seeing that they draw down the Apostolic curse, and accuse the workmanship of God, and take part with the Manichees? ... But if you will not allow this,
why do you not mutilate the tongue for blasphemy, the hands for rapine, the feet for their evil courses, in short, the whole body?

For the ear enchanted by the sound of a flute hath often enervated the soul;
and the perception of a sweet perfume by the nostrils hath bewitched the mind, and made it frantic for pleasure .

Fittingly the worship ministers of the Mother Goddess were in fact emasculated because they served as male prostitutes. That includes SELLING your body talents to lie about God and to God.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Tertullian Denied "trinity" and Theaters of Holy Entertainment

March 14 2013, 11:01 AM 

Madison etal who promotes polytheism (neo-trinity with no historical support) was also Purpose Driven to turn the church house of widows into a "Theater for Holy Entertainment." The Youth Group is a visual aid of the End of the Game.

Tertullian Denied "trinity" and Theaters of Holy Entertainment

http://www.piney.com//WinTertDeSpec.html

We showed that the Campbell's agreed totally with Tertullian who was the second to ever used the word TRIAS.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Prior Announcement: November 25, 2012

December 17 2012, 5:26 PM 

Scripture posted this notice (cf. this thread initiated by MCC-Torn: Children perform with instrument track at Madison, November 27 2012, 3:01 PM):
Subject: Promotion at Madison

The Sr. Minister has been "promoted" to Associate Minister.

He stated that he was in full agreement with the program of the Elders. The elders announced that they had accepted his "resignation" but no compliment was forthcoming.

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

A Moving Sermon

December 17 2012, 7:00 PM 

Perhaps the "Sr. Minister" presented a "moving" sermon before his announced departure. Then he would be moving on to a new position.

Often the "moving" moment may not come in a sermon. Perhaps it's when, after receiving an evaluation from the elders, he says "now I want to set up a time for me to give you some recommendations on how you can improve YOUR performance."

When elders learn more, then they may be booted up to the "office" of "Sr. Minister."

The elders assured the congregation on the Morning of Dec 16, 2012, that they Holy Spirit had helped them select this new preacher. They had looked nationwide, then realized that the new selection was right in their presence.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: A Moving Sermon

December 17 2012, 7:40 PM 

After you provided the info regarding "the promotion" [demotion, correct?], I made inquiries related to the somewhat unexpected announcement. I was informed that Phil Barnes would be going into the "mortuary" business. (I'm still trying to "connect" the dots.)

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The "Youth Minister" May Have Arrived

December 17 2012, 8:03 PM 

Scripture,

Would you confirm if Jason, the "youth minister," is officially Phil Barnes' successor per announcement last Sunday?

The events (speculations and actual) that have been occurring in the last months of the congregation's life ... seem delicately unbelievable and incomprehensible!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

New Minister

December 17 2012, 9:41 PM 

Yes, not the satellite preacher.

But the youth minister.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: New Minister

December 17 2012, 10:03 PM 

http://www.zoominfo.com/#!search/profile/person?personId=63138961&targetid=profile

Jason Shepherd, Student ...
www.madisoncofc.org, 12 Aug 2012 [cached]
Jason Shepherd, Student Minister, 615-860-3239, Jason@madisoncofc.org
Follow Jason on Twitter @jasonshep
This time is taught by our Student Minister, Jason Shepherd.
Hermitage Church of Christ
www.hermitagechurchofchrist.org, 9 Dec 2011 [cached]
Youth Minister: Jason Shepherd jshep@hccfamily.com
FaithSite.com
unitedministries.faithsite.com, 2 Aug 2006 [cached]
Jason Shepherd
Jason Shepherd - Youth Minister jshep@hccfamily.com
Staff
www.fbcweatherford.org, 8 Jan 2003 [cached]
Jay Shepherd was called to serve as Minister of Education in June 2000 from the Atlanta, Georgia area where he was Minister to Adults at First Baptist Church of Smyrna.He brings seventeen years of ministry experience to FBC having served at churches in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Georgia.A native Texan, Jay was raised in Longview where he graduated from Longview High School.Thereafter he continued his education by graduating from Kilgore College, Texas Tech University, and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.He is married to Vivian Wood Shepherd and they have two children.
You may contact Jay at 817.594.5457 or by e-mail at: jayshepherd@mail.com.
www.hccfamily.com, 1 Mar 2009 [cached]
Jason Shepherd
Jason Shepherd Youth Minister jshep@hccfamily.com

View All Web References >>

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 70.193.2.13 on Dec 17, 2012 10:04 PM

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

A BIG Promotion at a Mega Church for a Young "Youth Minister"

December 18 2012, 1:00 AM 

When Phil Barnes was the minister at the Hermitage Church of Christ, Jason Shepherd was its youth minister.

Barnes replaced Bruce White and became Madison's minister in the fall of 2004. Jason was employed as Madison's youth minister later on [don't recall when exactly].

This bit of information may help. Click this forum: Hermitage Church of Christ, Hermitage, Tn. - Could we please be free standing from Madison [LOGIN: Hermitage Church of Christ "HCC"].

This thread was published February 7 2006 at 3:38 PM by Jason [which indicates that Jason was still Hermitage's youth minister (?) in 2006]. Here's the initial post of the thread:

=================================
We are proudly becoming a more progressive church as is Madison. Could we please have our own church heading so I don't have to go under Madison to find out what is happening at Hermitage? Thank you.

P.S. possible names for the Heading:
HCC
Family of God at Hermitage
Hermitage church of Christ
Hermitage CoC
Hermitage CofC
Sorry we don't have "Hills" in our names but there is a baptist church across the street that does.
Hermitage:The Madison Satilite
Hermitage Body of Christ
Hermitage Church
The church of Christ that meets a Hermitage
A church of Christ meets here
A church of Christ meets at Hermitage

Just a few suggestions.

Thanks

... to which I responded:
Subject: This is the best we can offer...
Posted: February 8 2006, 11:58 PM

Jason,

As Hermitage's Youth Minister, you have a valid point. However, there is a Madison-Hermitage connection. Madison's "Worship" Leader's Praise Team has performed at Hermitage. Your former "pulpit minister" is now Madison's "senior minister."

BTW, this is the best we can offer -- I think this thread should serve the purpose ... posting messages that pertain to the Hermitage body.

Let us know what's going on at Hermitage.

Donnie

Then, several months later, a Hermitage member posted on December 14 2007, 2:53 PM:

The pulpit minister at Hermitage-the man leading the destruction of this church with his agenda-has resigned [...].

Now, the timeline of events between Hermitage and Madison has got me confused -- when was Jason employed by Madison as its youth minister?

Respond to this message   
Jimmy Joe
(no login)

Timelines

December 18 2012, 1:46 AM 

Donnie, I believe that timelines are not the only thing that has you confused. Since you did not attend last Sunday I guess you'll have to dig a little deeper to be able to spread your gossip. I also see that Ken's deep research led him to profile someone that is not Jason Shepherd. Keep up the good work guys. (Sarcasm)

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Jimmy Joe May Fill in the Missing Timeline--It Won't Be Gossip

December 18 2012, 9:13 PM 

Jimmy Joe,

Welcome back even if your purpose to visit is when you suspect "gossip." Not knowing exactly when Jason's employment was approved by the church's dept. of Human Resources -- you consider "gossip," correct?

Well, Joe, you're just the right person to provide the information -- quickly. Quickly ... because it would take me a lot of time for me to review it all from the worship guide and other publications.

Here's the question: When was Jason employed by Madison as its youth minister? Please note that your response will be considered "missing information" -- not gossip.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

December 18 2012, 9:20 AM 

......never joke about a bunch of ladies that like to gossip....ok? You guys would put them all to shame.
2 Corinthians 12:20
For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear that there may be discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder.

Looks like you have most of them covered here.....

===================
Know the above poster: Dave Fields

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Dec 18, 2012 11:03 PM

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Laid on their hands

December 18 2012, 6:01 PM 

To add to what was seen first-hand.

At least in the later worship on December 16, the shepherds (or elders?) laid their hands on the new "pulpit minister." I recall that this was the time they invited anyone else to come down and do the same with them. That's equal enough. Maybe the invitation to others is a step in the right direction.

Laying on of hands is a touch beyond the spirit to the physical, could you say that?

When others come forward, there is usually a group of people, I assume the associates, friends, and interested individuals, both men and women, who go down to give their support--along with the shepherds that are down front.

Respond to this message   
Rocky
(no login)

Re: Laid on their hands

December 18 2012, 8:22 PM 

Scripture, I may have missed your gender along the way. Are you male or female?

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Convictions based not on Status but on Scripture

December 18 2012, 8:47 PM 

Rocky, when someone at work asks me a religious question I never begin saying that "I'm a Church of Christ" but I attempt to answer it Biblically. Otherwise, they believe that I may coming from that direction. I try to approach scripture androgynously and nondenominationally.

So it is, I try not to approach scripture from a male or a female point of view. The approach is "androgynous." I don't think it will add to the discussion to reveal gender. Paul did say that in Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek, Bond nor Free, Male nor Female. We can leave it right there.

Thanks for the inquiry, however.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Convictions based not on Status but on Scripture

December 18 2012, 11:01 PM 

THEN: Members respected the truth and the church; would respond unashamedly: "I am a member of the Lord's church."

NOW: One may nonchalantly or casually state -- "I am a CoC" or "I am a member of the 'Church of Christ' Church" or "I am a 'Church of Christ'" [equivalent to: "I am a Baptist" or "I am a Methodist"]. Just what do you mean by "Church of Christ Church"?

Woe to those under denominational doctrinal influences!!! And, woe to those congregations that derive "Bible" lessons from denominational quarterlies!!! And, woe to those elders that use "Bible" materials and resources from Rick Warren, senior pastor of the world-renowned Saddleback Community Church in CA.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 59 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter