Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
B
(no login)

Re: Did They Need It?

January 26 2013, 8:25 PM 

I'm wondering if Dave is afraid that any newly canonized books would turn up information about the life of Christ that is not in the current New Testament. After all, the Gospel of John says that Jesus did many other things that were not recorded:

"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen" (John 21:25 KJV).

Moreover, the four Gospels often repeat the same facts about Jesus' life and ministry, so another canonized book about Jesus should be welcomed, not feared or repudiated.

Dave also noted that we have enough material to learn about salvation in the [current] canon of 66 books. Very well, other potentially canonized books should not pose a threat to that salvation; rather, they should simply confirm it, just as the four Gospels confirm it. And any other potentially canonized books dealing with Old Testament history and events would simply provide further information that is not provided in the [current] OT canon. Again, no threat.

So, Dave's agitation and hysteria are really without merit. For an "elder," his faith should be much stronger than that.

Respond to this message   
Andrew Lowery
(no login)

No Message just the facts

January 29 2013, 7:00 PM 

B said "The Word is complete only to God, yet Dave just can't fathom that God has never told us exactly how many books make up His entire Word."

Seems similiar to "God didn't say not to."

Is there a connection here?

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: No Message just the facts

January 29 2013, 10:26 PM 

"God didn't say not to" is a man-made excuse for bypassing God's explicit commands and doing what man wants to do. For example, in Eph. 5:19 and Col. 3:16, God makes a point of specifying vocal music, but He mentions nothing about instrumental music. Man, desiring instrumental music and ignoring the neither-add-to-nor-take-from command, goes beyond what God specifies and says, "God didn't say not to add instrumental music." The New Testament does not support that statement.

Likewise, the Bible does not support the following statement: "God's Word is complete in 66 books." That is an assumption made by man. On the other hand, the statement, "God has never told us exactly how many books make up His complete Word" is a statement of fact. The Bible simply does not tell us exactly how many books make up God's complete Word. Therefore, it is possible that other books still exist which man has rejected but that really belong in the canon, because they were inspired after all.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Welcome, Andrew!

January 29 2013, 11:00 PM 

IP Address to locate: ----- 130.127.42.38
Region: ------------------- South Carolina
City: --------------------- Clemson
Currency: ----------------- US Dollar

Welcome, Andrew!!!

It appears that you and Dave Fields sometimes share the same 'puter. happy.gif When you post, you're encouraged to identify yourself.

When Dave Fields posts, he is also encouraged to identify himself as other than Andrew or Anonymous [pronounced "Annie Mouse" when the name is left blank.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Welcome, Andrew!

January 29 2013, 11:09 PM 

Isn't it better to have Multiple Personalities than no personality at all? At least you will always have a bunch of friends.

Respond to this message   
Andrew Lowery
(no login)

January 30 2013, 6:26 PM 

I share a computer with someone? How strange?
Thanks for letting me know....I can now look out for this perpetrator.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

How Strange?

January 31 2013, 12:01 AM 

How strange?

Not really.

Look no further. Just this thread alone (among numerous threads) is pretty revealing where it shows that the IP address [130.127.42.38] of your 2 recent posts is the SAME IP address [130.127.42.38] as that of the perpetrator who INITIATED this thread. (Uh-oh, the author of this thread must be the perpetrator. But I'm afraid you will never attempt to catch and punish him.)

This thread was initiated on January 3 2013 at 12:45 PM. Besides, 130.127.42.38 has been posting here for quite some time now. And you're just now showing up? Right after Dave Fields' latest "bid farewell" [again] to this "evil site"?

Question for you, Andrew: Do you think ConcernedMembers is an "evil site"? [This is not a trick question.]

Oh, well, I'll make it easy for you, Andrew -- David Fields is the perpetrator. I have already signed most of his posts as an "elder" of a small Clemson, SC congregation.

Thing is: I'm already noticing the same style of posting (between Andrew and David), even though you've posted only twice. In your first post, you were defending Dave the perpetrator, whose posts are full of "....." [ellipses, literally] just like yours. David is also known for responding to the INITIAL post, rather than to the immediate or latest topic being discussed.

Dave Fields, you can always come back. Just get real with your login-ID. This will keep me from appending your title of "elder" from Clemson, SC.

Respond to this message   
Andrew Lowery
(no login)

January 31 2013, 8:13 AM 

I can see why he (Dave) left. It all seems a bit neurotic here to me. Student Christian here that was checking this site out. I have checked and am now sure that there are better sites where I can speak of God's love freely.

==================

David Fields,

Hopefully you're less venomous and more truthful at those better sites.

Goodbye, "Andrew."

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.250.192 on Jan 31, 2013 11:00 PM

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

February 1 2013, 12:21 AM 

The Dave persona "left," because he finally realized that he could not persuade this site to embrace the unscriptural Change Movement. So, the "Andrew" persona took over.

BTW, "God's love" does not consist of "changing" and reshaping the church to fit man's personal agenda.

Respond to this message   
Catholic Convert
(no login)

Home at last!

February 24 2013, 8:33 PM 

Hail Mary full of grace! The Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God! Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Home at last!

February 24 2013, 8:46 PM 

Jesus is called the SON of God: he is always spoken of as a MAN.

The Catholic Dogma is universal among pagans: A GOD seduced a VIRGIN.

Since you trinitarians think that the Spirit OF God is another PERSON, What you are really saying is that Jesus was the son of the SPIRIT which in all pagan trinities is a MOTHER. So, you say that Jesus was born from two women.

That's why catholics wear priestly garb always derived from FEMALE GARMENTS maybe and live like kings and or queens.

A Catholic site says that the rumor is that a gay conspiracy decided that it was time for the Pope to go. That is much kinder than pushing him off a tall building or poisoning him.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=17129

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 70.197.162.203 on Feb 24, 2013 8:48 PM

Respond to this message   
Faith
(no login)

Home at Last!

February 24 2013, 9:08 PM 

"Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen."

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: Home at Last!

February 24 2013, 9:59 PM 

Do the the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit you mention comprise the "Trinity" (three separate, distinct entities), or are they One and the same, as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit? To some on this board, it makes a world of difference (although it should not).

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 24 2013, 10:12 PM 

While you're at it, ask about the gender of the Trinity's Holy Spirit.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

February 24 2013, 10:14 PM 

I'll let you do that, since gender seems to matter to you. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 24 2013, 10:35 PM 

Oops. Forgot. Further discussion of the Trinity Doctrine is not futile ... after all.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

February 25 2013, 11:44 AM 

It looks like all your persistent debates about the Godhead have attracted an "ex-Cougar" (an ex-Goodpasture-ite?) who seems to favor Catholicism. Isn't that interesting?

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 25 2013, 12:57 PM 

And you are not persistent? Ask others -- not yourself.

The subject is a very popular one. It shows in the number of page views in the last few days. So, folks are eager to learn or interested in the topic.

The Goodpasture student body is comprised of many of those from various religious backgrounds, although mainly church of Christ. (I think it's been that way.) Blessed or Hope or Ex-Cougar (or some other name) may have been a Catholic all along or a convert to Catholicism. He/she has titled his/her posts "Home at Last."

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

February 25 2013, 1:20 PM 

No, I'm just following your lead, since you started this whole Godhead debate. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

February 25 2013, 1:49 PM 

Well, don't let me mislead you or continue to mislead you. You certainly can do that yourself. You know better. You are an adult now.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 14 5 6 7 8 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter