Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

One God: the Godhead Is Simple

March 2 2013, 1:23 AM 

The number of entities is NOT the issue, neither is the mention of the third entity.

The issue is making it a belief system that the third entity is ANOTHER PERSON or BEING as GOD.

The issue is making an assumption or unsupported deduction that the third entity is ANOTHER HOLY SPIRIT as GOD.

The Scripture is clear to me when it declares that the Father is a Spirit [not in human form, no flesh and bones].

The Scripture is clear to me when it explains that the resurrected Christ is the Comforter and Spirit of truth [when no longer in human form, no flesh and bones].

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Jamerson Part B. "Conservatives" most often get it wrong on Jesus

February 28 2013, 12:10 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Response to William and "godhead"

February 28 2013, 3:12 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Jamerson Review Part A (out of order)

February 28 2013, 3:37 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Jamerson Part A1

February 28 2013, 3:57 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Review of Jamerson B!

February 28 2013, 8:56 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Jamerson Trinity Part B2

March 1 2013, 11:40 AM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Serious
(no login)

Father, Son and Holy Spirit

March 1 2013, 12:47 PM 

I guess today is "copy and paste" day.

Explain "Baptized In The Name Of The Father, Son And The Holy Spirit"

Dear Mr. Waddey:
Matthew 28:18-20 says to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son, Holy Ghost, so what is the NAME that we should be baptized in? I can not be simply baptized in the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. It says I must be baptized in the NAME of the Father Son Holy Ghost.
--Minister Jones

Dear Minister Jones:
To do something "in the name of" someone or some institution means to do it by their authority, according to their instruction or on their behalf. If, in the night you heard a loud knock and someone called out, "Open up in the name of the law," you would understand that the authority and power of the law was behind the man knocking. We see this in Acts 2:38. When the people who had murdered Christ asked what they must do, Peter responded, "Repent ye, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ..." This meant by his authority; as he instructed (Matt. 28:19). The instructions given by Christ when he gave the Great Commission were to teach all nations and baptize them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

If you will consult some other translations of Scripture such as the American Standard Version, you will find that some render the words of Matt. 28:19, "baptizing them into the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit." They are correct in rendering the Greek word eis thus. In Gal. 3:27 Paul writes, "For as many of you as were baptized into Christ did put on Christ." When a penitent believer is properly baptized, he is brought into a saving relationship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. When Paul encountered the twelve disciples at Ephesus, he detected something was amiss in their understanding and experience. He asked "Did ye receive the Holy Spirit when ye believed?" Their response was, "We did not so much as hear whether the Holy Spirit was given." Paul then asked, "Into what then were ye baptized? (Acts 19:1-3). Since they had not even heard of the Holy Spirit he knew they had not received proper baptism because everyone baptized according to the instructions of Christ had been baptized "into the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." If you have not yet done so, I encourage you to be baptized in the sacred and true way ordained by the Master.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Father, Son and Holy Spirit

March 1 2013, 1:19 PM 

Acts 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto Johns baptism.
Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized INTO the name of the Lord Jesus.

tout' estin eis ton Isoun

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into [eis] Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into [eis] Christ have put [enduo] on Christ.

Only those who have been baptized INTO Christ have been CLOTHED with Christ.

Baptism is INTO the Death of Jesus Christ. It is INTO WATER as the form or "pattern intended to be imitated." Only after you have obeyed are you FREE FROM SIN.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: Father, Son and Holy Spirit

March 1 2013, 3:07 PM 

Some on this board would hold that if you say "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit," you ADD to the Godhead (which they apparently believe to consist of two entities or perhaps only one).

It's proper to stick with Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, just as Jesus said.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

One God: The Godhead Is Simple

March 2 2013, 1:38 AM 

Wrong. It is the Trinitarian who does the ADDITION.

The Godhead is simple: God the Father is Spirit; the Word in the beginning with God was made flesh; the resurrected Christ is Spirit -- the Comforter and the Spirit of truth.

Read Colossians 2 and Romans 1. It's all there -- the Godhead clearly explained

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: One God: The Godhead Is Simple

March 2 2013, 2:30 AM 

Jesus said Father, Son, Holy Spirit. That's it, the Godhead.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 2 2013, 12:12 PM 

You are confusing:

(1) "In the name of..." in order to promote the Trinity Creed

------------------- with ----------------

(2) The Godhead -- the Word made flesh, JESUS CHRIST, IN WHOM "dwelleth all the FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD."

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

March 2 2013, 12:17 PM 

I thought you wanted this endless debate about the Godhead to be over. But apparently you don't. Somehow, you feel a ... need ... to continue. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 2 2013, 5:33 PM 

Yes, I did. But only in discussing this particular subject matter WITH YOU -- which is futile to you but which I consider is of interest to others who believe there is something to learn.

In fact, I'm planning on creating a thread on the Godhead ... considering the limited time I have. When I do that, I'm going to kindly ask you not to participate in it. I'll be discussing it with others.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

March 2 2013, 8:30 PM 

When you start censoring boards, you indicate that you feel theologically threatened. You apparently wish only viewpoints from those who basically agree with you. In your new thread about the Godhead, will you present ALL viewpoints, like the Godhead consists simply of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, or will you omit that entirely?

You're taking on the face of a fascist, and that, my friend, is NO WAY to run a board.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 2 2013, 9:11 PM 

Since it's your pulpit we should be able to have the ushers remove those who go around in circles and blaspheme.

The Words of Christ ARE Spirit and ARE Life and it should be possible to post "that which is written for our learning."

Anyone one who has a contrary opinion should be able to post text.

Jesus Christ was God's SINGULAR image to repudiate the ALWAYS-pagan triads especially common to the apostate Jews who were no longer of Israel.

The same John Who recorded Jesus say of the changed Comforter "I will come to you" and Jesus claimed that the FATHER Spirit dwelled IN Him and BREATHED the very Words of God. If you deny the construct of;

One God the Father in Heaven (in Him we live, move and have our being"

And Jesus of Nazareth Whom God MADE TO BE both Lord and Christ.

John says that if you deny that you have NEITHER the Father nor Son and you are an ANTI-Christ. I understand the tragedy of those who cannot accept that because they have moved beyond redemption.

That should not be a problem since there is no Pre-Post-Modern scholarship which says otherwise even the original Nicene Creed.

Respond to this message   
Ken
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: HISTORIC views of the Trinity: Frank Jamerson Blasphemy of Holy Spirit

March 1 2013, 6:32 PM 

Serious wrote: To do something "in the name of" someone or some institution means to do it by their authority, accordin to their instruction or on their behalf. If, in the night you heard a loud knock and someone called out, "Open up in the name of the law," you would understand that the authority and power of the law was behindg the man knocking.

We have noted that AUTHORITY and NAME are two different words. A person's authority or power may rest in his bank account. However, that authority is EXERCISED in the name of the owner. NAME is singular and I just read two long documents from Stanford on the history of the trinity and not ONE Bible passage was listed. The consensus was that as the Catholics got things like lights, candles and music because it was common to all pagan cults, a couple of Greeks such as Plato as the source:

http://www.piney.com/Plato.Timaeus.html

I have sorted out several examples in the document. They also agree that ALL pagans created their gods in their own image; they MUST be a Father to have a Son and a Wife. The Proof is that Peter understood simple speech and everyone else baptized in the NAME of Jesus Christ. Let's let Peter and all recorded Bible and scholarship interpret Jesus.

MOST of the Bible is the ANTITHESIS to the pagan world's religion: Jesus doesn't pray for the World.

JESUS CLEARLY REFUTES THIS PAGANISM

First, note that Jesus made it perfectly clear that the ALWAYS PAGAN trinity is REPUDIATED by God sendind ONE IMAGE which INCLUDES all that the pagans required THREE GODS to accomplish. Otherwise, Jesus would have ENDORSED the trinities worshipped by the Jews in their boasted of "covenant with death and hell."

The Israelites had fallen from grace because they worshipped the Egyptian Trinity when they worshipped the golden calveS.

God then turned them over to worship the starS which they did during the Monarchy at Jerusalem.
During the history of the Jews they pretended to worship THE GOD of Abraham but the DID not but worshipped several forms of the trinity.

The Egyptian, Catholic and most FAMILIES are father, mother and infant son. The Jews worshipped the Mother of Heaven and SOPHIA or wisdom was considered by the Jews to be the Holy Spirit: after all, if the SPIRIT is a member of the GOD FAMILY she HAS to be the Daughter of a Mother. The DOVE and the voice from up in the air declared that Jesus was the SON of a FATHER.

At the time of Jesus the Jews had been worshiping Apollo, Dionysus and Rhea (Eve) or other MOTHERS. That was true on Mount Zion and Gerizim. The sinful woman was smarter than most people I know and she grasped it when Jesus said NOT on Zion and NOT on Gerizim BUT in the PLACE of the sanctified or A Holy Spirit.

"Thus some Greeks came to know the God of Israel and decided to worship Yahweh (Iao) alongside Zeus and Dionysus. By the second century BC this hostility was entrenched: in Palestine there had even been a revolt when Antiochus Epiphanes, the Selucid governor, had attempted to Hellenize Jerusalem and introduce the cult of Zeus into the temple....This paganizing involved MUSIC and the GYMNASIUM: both directed to the body and senses. Karen Armstrong.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am THEY way, the truth, and the life:
.....no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also:
.....and from henceforth ye know him,
.....and have SEEN him.

Philip still didn't get it because to Greeks and Jews they could DEMAND to see the FATHER.

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord,
.....shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you,
.....and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
.....he that hath seen me hath seen the Father;
.....and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Jesus was the VISIBLE and AUDIBLE image of God because the Father MADE HIM TO BE both Lord and Christ.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the IMAGE of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

AND OF THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth;
.....whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:
.....but ye KNOW him; for he DWELLETH with you, and shall be IN you.

WHEN JESUS CLAIMED

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

He repudiated all pagan trinities of Father, Spirit (mother) and son. God's SON is God's WORD. God's SPIRIT is God's BREATH. Jesus worked His heart out to REPUDIATE polytheism which in the case of the late blooming trinitarians invented in 1942 people preach TRITHEISM proving that they have never read John.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Jesus or Jehovah-Saves is the ONLY name given

March 1 2013, 9:40 PM 

[linked image]
[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 70.197.165.40 on Mar 1, 2013 9:46 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

AntiChrist denies the NAME of Jesus Christ

March 2 2013, 12:39 PM 

All who will read the evidence know that JESUS OF NAZARETH or Jesus Christ is the ONLY Name by which we might be saved. There is a huge effort especially out of LU to deny the full authority of the MAN JESUS CHRIST Whom God MADE TO BE BOTH LORD AND CHRIST. ALL of Scripture either repudiates the trinitarianism the Jews fell into and the New Testament makes the NAME Jesus Christ the unique name and the MARK of those desperately repeating one verse and unable to read how inspired Apostles stated it CLEARLY. We post only for diligent seekers of which are FEW out of the MANY or most invited

http://www.piney.com/HsAcCircle.html

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 13 4 5 6 711 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter