Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Needs a Restatement

July 6 2017, 4:45 PM 

Donnie has not "quit singing." I still love singing, "I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord ... stay Thou nearby; temptations lose their power when Thou art nigh...." I know that it's not the song for those who are not dependent upon the Lord.

I still sing about the church: "I love Thy kingdom, Lord ... the church our dear Redeemer saved with His own precious blood...."

No, I do not have time or need to sing many of the unscriptural, self-promoting, self-elevating, clappy-clappy-entertaining "praise music" written and performed by the so-called money-making "Contemporary Christian Pop/Rock Music" artists -- widely accepted and performed by Praise Teams and "Worship Leaders" who claim to LEAD the congregants into "God's presence."

Again, "praise" and "music" are not equal. Maybe, the post-modern Christian should re-learn that praise and thanks can be expressed in prayer ... even in silent prayer coming from the heart. Is it necessary that utterance of praise be heard by others? I think not.

Respond to this message   
Dianna Howell
(Login dianna01)

Praise

July 7 2017, 5:15 PM 

When my momma cooked a fine supper, I praised her cooking ability and thanked her for feeding me. (This was after we praised and thanked The Lord for providing to us all.) I imagine she would have thought we were crazy if we started singing for our supper.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Praise

July 7 2017, 5:25 PM 

I was thinking the same thing. I always praise my wife during and after meals. Imagine if a bunch of little-talented singers and bickers wanted me to pay them for praising her. Especially, if we praised the lady next door.

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

July 7 2017, 6:48 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

July 6 2017, 6:25 PM 

I'm glad to be able to praise God with thanks every day that He grants me life.

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

July 6 2017, 7:44 PM 

That's good: the word "praise" is a story we tell. We should always be able to say "I praise the Lord because......"

I remember a testimonial in Seattle where a young lady had a VW and she boasted that while an old lady was trying to park her Cadillac, God let her zip in and take the spot.

Isn't God wonderful?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Why MANY (most) are INVITED but FEW chosen: watch Some Babylonianism

July 6 2017, 2:27 PM 

Jesus said GO into all the world and DIATRIBE!

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

July 7 2017, 9:46 AM 

It is easy to confuse "praise songs" with songs of praise. Everyone will likely admit that it is good to sing songs of praise. Even songs that edify (other than praise) can indirectly be songs of praise--in the sense when we change our behavior or are edified, this is at least indirect praise of the Father.

"Praise songs", on the other hand, are the contemporary songs that pose as songs of praise. This movement toward praise has more or less erased songs that edify, or build up right behavior. Conversion songs, for example, have virtually disappeared in our worship services. These are the songs that actually identify types of selfish behavior and unfortunate circumstances that new-born Christians left. An example of conversion behavior is "I once was lost in sin but Jesus took me in. . . ." "Praise songs" on the other hand rarely talks about sin or lost behavior. "Brightly beams our Father's mercy from his lighthouse evermore. . . . But to us he give the keeping of the light along the shore" reflects the duties that we have as Christians.

So what I'm getting at is, "Praise songs" as we know them, are the endless stream of songs sung in church, usually with people on their feet for three or more songs, where one adoration after another follows. One esteemed preacher says that every song seems like the one before.

It is almost like the modern church does not identify sin, conversion from sin, and responsible living. Church growth seminars have adopted the praise motif to where some words are actually discouraged lest they create a negative atmosphere, which they think keep the masses from the church buildings.

There are still millions of people out there, that are thirsty for the "old time religion."

A first step to correcting this situation is to get rid of screens and go back to hymnals.

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

SCRIPTURE

July 7 2017, 11:25 AM 

Acts 16:25
And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

You Have Heard Before....Hard Head!

July 7 2017, 12:29 PM 

We sing, the angels sing, and God sings. God loves singing. Did you notice that the songs recorded in Revelation 5:8-10 and Rev. 15:2-4 are all songs of adoration to God. They are directed to God and not to ourselves. When we sing our words, thoughts and emotions should be directed to Him. Praise to Him!

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Re: You Have Heard Before....Hard Head!

July 7 2017, 5:43 PM 

Good. You do recognize that we should address God, such as in the Model Prayer, the Lord's Prayer, Matthew 6. Set aside the Father's name, pray for His Kingdom, that all we do should be recognized as service to Him, as King.

Turn one's thoughts to the Father giving bread to us. Include us in the prayer. Praise Him but realizing He will give us gifts. So include me and you in the prayer, not as an afterthought, but as the keen reason that God sent His Son. He cares so much for us that we mention that care for us.

In prayer recognize that we have obligations to forgive others, even as God has forgiven us. This was recognized by Paul and Silas, as they HAD done God's will, and were not forsaking that will, so in doing they turn their attentions to God and His praise.

In our songs, identify the sin in all of us, pray that we can be delivered from evil. Recognize that God knows evil, that evil can be in our lives, so seek to remove those offenses. When "Praise Songs" become as balanced as the Lord's Prayer, then we can all join together in praising the "Praise Songs."

The kingdom is God's, and there is no better way to give him that power, but not only to praise Him with our lips, but let us honor him in considering our own lives and obeying His will. When we recognize this in our Praise Songs, then they will be well balanced and Biblical.

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

July 7 2017, 5:53 PM 

I'm glad that posters realize is not only should we sing songs of praise, but we should load our songs with the many duties and obligations to obedience. We realize that conversion songs have their place where we sing praises to God that we have been redeemed from past transgressions, and also constantly stand in need of forgiveness. The general thought is that the church is composed of forgiven sinners, who recognized their shortcomings, and they turned to God in praise for the not doing His will, and yet repenting and having forgiveness

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

July 7 2017, 7:14 PM 

First Corinthians defines an assembly for which there is no praise:

1Cor. 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
1Cor. 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

Quite similar to the singing passages.

Phil. 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
Phil. 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

July 9 2017, 10:29 AM 

"Why is praising God important?"

Answer: The book of Psalms is the praise book of the Bible, and it gives us hundreds of reasons why praise is important, as well as examples of how to give praise to God. In examining those reasons and examples, one thing becomes clear. “It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High...” (Psalm 92:1). Praise is a good thing. That means it is pleasant, valuable, and morally excellent. Psalm 147:1 tells us that praise is beautiful and agreeable.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

July 9 2017, 2:40 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Dianna
(Login dianna01)

Fruits of righteousness

July 9 2017, 9:15 PM 

Phil. 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

The fruits of righteousness in this verse would mean Christ's words, and the inspired apostles, and the inspired prophets of the Old Testament, right? "Which are by", means Jesus Christ righteousness delivered thru his spirit inspired words. The Word is the fruit, which we fill ourselves with.

Isaiah 57:19 (KJV)
I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the Lord ; and I will heal him.

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

July 9 2017, 9:30 PM 

"Praise Songs" normally compose much less than 10 percent of any hymnal. The number of strictly songs of praise in the book of Psalms is also much less than 10 percent. To be a strictly praise song, then the entire song is normally composed of praise sentences. There are relative few Psalms or songs of that type in the hymnals.

The reason is clear. There are many more functions of song than praise. . . . Edification, loyalty, duty, prayer, kingdom, judgment, invitation, hope, Holy Spirit, funeral, faith, fellowship, and cross are some of them. When we leave aside these other categories we are laying the groundwork for the demise of the gospel, that is assuming that the demise of the gospel has not already led to the proliferation of the monotony of praise hymns. Every song many times sounds like the one just before it.

Big money is profiting from the dominance of praise songs. The same big money is trying to collect megabucks from their control of doctrine.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

'Praise Song': We say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord... ... ...

July 9 2017, 11:11 PM 

An excellent message from Scripture ... again!

Are "praise songs" synonymous with "7-11 songs'? Accordingly, a 7-11 song consists of 7 words sung repeatedly 11 times ... or something similar to that.

The chorus of the song "Trading My Sorrows" by Darrell Evans goes like this: "We say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord. Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord amen."

There are other "Praise Songs" just like that.

Respond to this message   
Dianna
(Login dianna01)

Addendum to prior post

July 9 2017, 9:44 PM 

"Which are by', means the words given by Jesus Christ and by Christ to those he chose to give it to thru his Spirit. (Apostles and prophets). We aren't inspired the same as they were, or there wouldn't have been a need to write it down for our memory.

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Re: Addendum to prior post

July 9 2017, 11:50 PM 

7-11 songs, 7 words repeated 11 time, or contrariwise can add to the problem, but at the very least it does get on one's nerves.

If you value the time in worship, you could factor the 60 minute worship and divide that by the time interval for the 7-11 song. By that factor you can determine if the song is worth that much coverage. If the song last 3 minutes, for example, that would be 5 percent of the worship period.

Repetition of phrases does give emphasis, but propaganda has been associated with endless repetitions. Repetition is a characteristic of brain-washing, and shallow thinking, it has been shown. We don't need propaganda mixed with worship.

The old song "Jesus Loves Me" is an example of a short song, that carries immense meaning, that even a child can sing. It is simple but does a great job without repetition.

Repetition in itself is often used wisely, such as in the choruses of songs.

Change of topic is another consideration, and this is why good sermons often have three or more points. If we sing five or six songs of the same type, then we are not getting change of topics.

Several Sundays composed of strictly praise songs, can fail to expand the listener's Biblical knowledge and spirituality. It is much better to mix the praise songs with other types of hymns, and to have a good balance.

The 1960s was when the craze began that worship should all be "praise songs." I think Hill Song has led this movement.

The worship time on Sundays has increased from 60 minutes to more like 80 minutes in many churches, often one hour and a half. This may be because there are too many songs, too many songs of the same type, songs contrived by music leaders and not by Biblical ministers and scholars, and too many announcements.

Songs are often geared toward those under 30, but most who have lived long enough to experience grief and disappointment in their lives, so there needs to be songs about these tragedies, and that means most of the songs need to be other than strictly praise songs. The preacher of all people might profit from singing more songs that express disappointment. It might be shocking to know that the Psalms, which are often referred to as Praise Songs, have Psalms expressing severe disappointment with God. Many who quote the Psalms as examples of praise need to read them to see the Psalmist often even challenges God. For example, "God why have you allowed this to happen to me."

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter