Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Spirit of Christ the Lord Is the Holy Spirit

April 2 2013 at 2:23 AM
Donnie Cruz  (Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 99.177.250.192

The Spirit OF Jesus Christ the Lord is the Holy Spirit!!!

That truth invalidates the doctrinal theory that the Holy Spirit is a person with a male gender identity.

Furthermore, numerous expressions associated with the "holy spirit" show possession for the following very significant reasons:

(1) Because the word "spirit" precedes the preposition "OF" as in "the spirit of"
(2) Because the word "spirit" follows the pronoun "HIS"

For the sake of simplification, consider the following expressions that identify "possession" or "that which belongs": the mind OF the child ... the big nose OF Durante ... her big mouth ... the unholy spirit OF man, etc. It means, respectively that the mind is not the child; that the mouth is not the person; that the unholy spirit is not the man.

There are innumerable references to the truth that the "holy spirit" is an entity or an attribute WHICH belongs to ______________:

• That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit OF the Lord (26 references in O.T.; Luke 4:18; Acts 5:9; 8:39; II Cor. 3:17,18)
  • That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit OF God (14 references in O.T.; 12 references in N.T.)
  • That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit OF our God (I Cor. 6:11)
  • That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit OF the living God (II Cor. 3:3)
  • That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit OF Christ (Rom. 8:9; I Peter 1:11)
  • That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit OF Jesus Christ (Phil. 1:19)
  • That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit OF Him (Rom. 8:11)
  • That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit OF the Lord God (Isa. 61:1)
  • That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit OF His Son (Gal. 4:6)
  • That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the holy Spirit OF God (Eph. 4:30)
  • That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit OF the Father (Matt. 10:20)

Plus, WHOSE Spirit [indicating possession] is it?

• That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. HIS Spirit that dwelleth in you (Rom. 8:11; I Cor. 2:10; I John 4:13)
  • That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. HIS holy Spirit (Isa. 63:10,11; I Thess. 4:8)
  • That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit OF Him that raised up Jesus (Rom. 8:11)
  • That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit which is OF God (I Cor. 2:12)

Hopefully, you've paid careful attention to reading and studying [NOT speed-reading] all the passages above.

Whether it is of the Lord ... or of God ... or of the living God ... or of the Father ... or of the Lord Jesus Christ: HIS SPIRIT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT; HIS SPIRIT DOES NOT INVENT, GENERATE OR CREATE ANOTHER HOLY SPIRIT!!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: The Spirit of Christ the Lord Is the Holy Spirit

April 2 2013, 12:26 PM 

First Person

Second Person

Third Person

Father, King

Son, Prince

Mother, Queen

Triad of
Babylon

Nimrod

Tammuz

Semeramis

Shamash

Sin

Ishtar
El IluGodEa, earthEnlil air, breath, spirit

Triad of
Canaanite's

Baal

Astarte, Ashtoreth

Molok, Phoenician

Triad of
Hittite

Mitra

Varuna

Indra

Triad ofBackslidden Israel

EL/Yah

Tammuz/Baal
Music Tammuz

Ashtoreth/Shekhina

Triad of Egypt

Oriris

Horus

Isis

Triad of Greece

Zeus

Apollo

Athena

Triad of India

Brahma

Vishnu

Shiva

Triad of Rome

Jupiter

Mars

Venus

Triad or Trinity of Roman
Catholicism

Father

Son

Spirit-Mother

Jehovah

Jesus

Dove - Has always been the
Mother Goddess symbol. Mary has been elevated to CO-Savior
with Christ.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 70.197.174.163 on Apr 2, 2013 12:27 PM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 2 2013, 1:21 PM 

ALL pagans believed in a trinity of Father, Mother, child or Father, holy spirit and son.
After God had proven that none of the "persons" of the ALWAYS pagan triads could save them, lead them and feed them AFTER they were baptized unto Moses. They vowed that they would obey The Book of The Covenant of Grace.
However, like all pagans and God said that the Israelites were worse than the other nations, they fell into the worship of the Egyptian trinity of Osiris, Isis and Horus.

[linked image]

This was beyond redemption just as certainly as those who hire themselves out to be teachers of the Word and then deny the Word. There is no more that God can or intends to do to those who have MARKED themselves as OF the world doing all in their little minds to "save more souls."

Moses promised that ANOTHER PROPHET would arise and insisted that HIM YOU WILL HEAR. This was Jesus of Nazareth Who was the SON of God as well as the SEED of Abraham meaning that He would restore the Abrahamic Covenant of Grace which was lost by the Jews when they continuged to worship MANY GODS even when they called them "Jehovah."

Jesus of Nazareth as a spiritual image of God to PROVE for those not of the WORLD that Jehovah God can never be safely visualized as three persons. Father, Mother Son is the PAGAN THESIS. Jesus as what God wants us to understand about Himself is the SINGULAR manifestation of the pagan Father, Mother, Son or Father, Spirit and son. By having ALL of that authority Jesus understood that no one OF TRUTH could

Philip understood that the TRIADS had infiltrated into the Jerusalem (called Sodom) practices and still existed when the Jews PIPED hoping that Jesus would identify himself as Dionysus according to Plutarch:

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you,
.....and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
.....he that hath seen me hath seen the Father;
.....and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

When you SHOW the ANTIthesis of the ALWAYS PAGAN three persons, you SEE a singular being.

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am IN the Father, and the Father IN me?
.....the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself:
.....but the Father that DWELLETH in me, he doeth the works.
John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me:
.....or else believe me for the very works sake.

The "another" or different in some respects comforter will be a Spirit OF truth

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter,
.....that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:17 Even the Spirit OF TRUTH whom the world cannot receive,
.....because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:
.....but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be IN you.

If the Holy Spirit is the Spirit OF Truth which will be in you then the NAME of the Spirit OF Christ is Jesus Christ. The person and the spirit OF that person does not mean "DIFFERENT personalities."

1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.
.....And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father,
.....Jesus Christ the righteous:

The Spirit OF Christ has the same meaning as CHRIST IN YOU

Romans 8:10 And if Christ be in you,
.....the body is dead because of sin;
.....but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

The ORIGINAL trinitarians in the sense of three, separated persons or personalities speaks of Father, Son and Spirit but what they mean is that the trinity is God, Jesus and another holy spirit person who NOT tells them it is very good if they lie cause they gonna save more souls.

1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God,
and one mediator between God and men,
the MAN Christ Jesus;

If you deny that the Messiah of God who was in God's Image came FULLY IN THE FLESH then you are defined as ANTICHRIST.
If God had wanted to define Himself as THEMselves, He is quite up to the task.

It has been noted that John Mark Hicks views of God as NEEDING community among "three separate centers of consciousness" is identical to the Mormans and the SDA used as a model by the Disciples of Christ:

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken sublet
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 2 2013, 4:04 PM 

Because John defined aa ANTI-Christ anyone who denies that there is ONE God and ONE mediater the Man Jesus Christ; and the NAME of the always-pagan "father, spirit (mother), son) is INSTEAD Jesus Christ in Whom dwelled the fulness of the GODHEAD bodily, dialog will contribute if it has some Biblical or historical evidence to submit.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

April 2 2013, 6:37 PM 

So that means no "duck commander" comments from Dave Fields. happy.gif

BTW, since Jesus Himself mentioned three entities--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--in Matt. 28:19, then one cannot be anti-Christ if he acknowledges them. It really matters not if we regard those entities as separate or one and the same; their spiritual function is not hindered either way. You really should not allow those entities to frighten you so much that you refuse to publish messages that mention them. You now seem to shun open dialogue and will only accept messages that agree with YOUR concept of the Holy Spirit.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 3 2013, 12:21 AM 

B,

We are not frightened by the three entities -- "Father, Son and Holy Spirit." There are also three entities mentioned in I John 5:8 -- "And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." I don't think anyone is frightened by the list of those entities, either.

Did you look at the list in the initial post? Whether it is the Spirit of God, the Spirit of the Lord, the Spirit of the Father, the Spirit of Christ -- that "Spirit" expressed in various forms is "the Holy Spirit."

If further explanation is needed, let me do it this way:

-- The "spirit" in "the spirit of William" is an entity.
-- "William" in "the spirit of William" is also an entity.
-- The word "spirit" in the above expression is an improper noun [gender?].
-- The word "William" in the above expression is a proper noun/masculine.

So, the issue is not about the entities. It becomes an issue when the spirit that is holy is identified as a person and designated as masculine.

Let's review: That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit OF the Lord (26 references in O.T.; Luke 4:18; Acts 5:9; 8:39; II Cor. 3:17,18) ... That the Holy Spirit is a.k.a. the Spirit OF God (14 references in O.T.; 12 references in N.T.)

Here's a very straightforward assertion: In the "Father, Son and Holy Spirit," Christ was speaking of HIS SPIRIT while he was still WITH his disciples in HUMAN FORM. [Whether His disciples understood that reference, that's not for me to conjecture, but know that was the ONLY instance in which His HOLY spirit is mentioned as an entity.]

All that [3 entities in one name] changed when He was no longer with His disciples in human form. Christ referred to himself as the promised "another [no longer in physical form] Comforter" ... as "the spirit of truth" (cf. John 14 and 16).

All that [3 entities in one name] when and after the church was established -- this time in conversion, i.e., one is to be baptized "in the name of Christ."

Let's not ignore or reject these references to baptism "in the name of Christ":

• Acts.2 [38] Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

• Acts.8 [16] (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

• Acts.10 [48] And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

• Acts.19 [5] When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 2 2013, 9:58 PM 

In the preface to Edward Gibbon's History of Christianity, we read: "If Paganism was conquered by Christianity, it is equally true that Christianity was corrupted by Paganism. The pure Deism of the first Christians . . . was changed, by the Church of Rome, into the incomprehensible dogma of the trinity. Many of the pagan tenets, invented by the Egyptians and idealized by Plato, were retained as being worthy of belief."

"Christendom has done away with Christianity without being quite aware of it" (Soren Kierkegaard, cited in Time magazine, Dec. 16, 1946, p. 64).

"The three-in-one/one-in-three mystery of Father, Son and Holy Ghost made tritheism official. The subsequent almost-deification of the Virgin Mary made it quatrotheism . . . Finally, cart-loads of saints raised to quarter-deification turned Christianity into plain old-fashioned polytheism. By the time of the Crusades, it was the most polytheistic religion to ever have existed, with the possible exception of Hinduism. This untenable contradiction between the assertion of monotheism and the reality of polytheism was dealt with by accusing other religions of the Christian fault.

The Church - Catholic and later Protestant - turned aggressively on the two most clearly monotheistic religions in view - Judaism and Islam - and persecuted them as heathen or pagan. The external history of Christianity consists largely of accusations that other religions rely on the worship of more than one god and therefore not the true God. These pagans must therefore be converted, conquered and/or killed for their own good in order that they benefit from the singularity of the Holy Trinity, plus appendages." -- The Doubter's Companion (John Ralston Saul)

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 6 2013, 6:04 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

"The Spirit of Him" and "By His Spirit" -- WHOSE Spirit?

April 7 2013, 6:41 PM 

Romans 8:10,11 says -- "And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."

To WHOSE Spirit (in both instances as underscored) is the passage referring?

(1) "The Spirit of him" -- whose Spirit?
(2) "By his Spirit" -- whose Spirit?

The significance of the little preposition "OF"!!! Completely ignored by the Trinity enthusiasts. (Please review the long list of references in the initial post.)

Does either expression indicate to you a separate or a different or another PERSON [the THIRD PERSON] that is espoused in the Roman Catholic Church- or papacy-originated Trinity Creed?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 7 2013, 9:42 PM 

It would be impossible for me to be INSIDE of a holy spirit person while the holy spirit person was INSIDE of me. That would maybe show that I am the holy spirit or the holly spirit is me. Either way it is important to note that jesus said that the truth had always been hidden in parables: this was to BLIND the wise (sophists: rhetoricians, singers, musicians) so that if they made a PROFESSION of the Free Word rather than a ministry, God would send them strong delusions and just make a fool of them.

Trinitarians NEED for the Spirit OF Christ to be ANOTHER PEOPLE so that they can dismiss the Epistles and claim that A spirit spoke to them in the middle of a sermon and told them that God's ABANDONMENT of Israel to the "music" thingy was NOW the command for him to say that God COMMANDED instrumental worship knowing that it would sow discord and offend as many as possible. God is POURING OUT HIS WRATH. For now, here is some of the parables hidden in plain text from the enemies of the Word.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Holy Spirit Is NOT God

April 11 2013, 3:58 AM 

This post is subtitled:

"The Holy Spirit OF God" VERSUS "The Holy Spirit IS God"

(1) Ephesians 4:30 -- "And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption." (KJV)

---------------------- versus ---------------------

(2) Trinity 4:30 -- "And grieve not the Holy Spirit who is God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption." (RCC/Papacy/Nicene Creed)

Just a reminder:

(1) The word "spirit" is a noun, but it is not a proper noun.
(2) The word "holy" is an adjective that modifies the word "spirit."
(3) The word "of" is a preposition overlooked or ignored by the Trinitarians.
(4) The word "of" does not mean "is"; "of" indicates "which belongs to."

SCRIPTURE: The HOLY SPIRIT is a.k.a. the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD.

---------------------- versus ---------------------

TRINITY CREED: The (Third Person) HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Prepositions Can Be Such a Pain!!!

April 12 2013, 1:53 AM 

In the initial post, I listed 12 different expressions (67 passages referenced) with these words: "the [holy] spirit OF _________" all of which are followed by the divine being:
  • the spirit .......... OF God
  • the spirit .......... OF our God
  • the spirit .......... OF the living God
  • the spirit .......... OF the Lord
  • the spirit .......... OF the Lord God
  • the spirit .......... OF the Father
  • the spirit .......... OF Christ
  • the spirit .......... OF Jesus Christ
  • the spirit .......... OF His Son
  • the spirit .......... OF Him
  • the holy spirit ..... OF God (Eph. 4:30)
The preposition "OF" conveys a relationship of an entity with/within a larger entity; it also indicates possession or ownership or "belonging to."

Those who advocate "God in Three Persons: Blessed Trinity" use Eph. 4:30 ("grieve not the holy Spirit of God") to prove that "the Holy Spirit" is the Third Person of the Trinity creed. To them the Holy Spirit is God.

Fallacy: If "the Holy Spirit is God," there is redundancy in the expression "the Holy Spirit of God." If "God" were substituted for "the Holy Spirit," the resulting expression would be "God of God." There you go: prepositions can be such a pain!!! But this is a necessary pain -- you simply cannot substitute "the holy spirit" for "God." After all, the Scripture clearly states: "the holy spirit OF God." Whose holy spirit? God's holy spirit, of course.

Those who advocate "God in Three Persons: Blessed Trinity" use Matt. 28:19 ("... baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit") to prove that "the Holy Spirit" is the Third Person of the Trinity creed. To them the Holy Spirit is God.

That passage lists 3 entities, of course. Does that prove 3 separate beings. NO!!! Again, just look at the 12 different expressions listed above, none of which indicates that "the holy spirit" is a separate being. In truth, there is "the spirit of the Father" or "the spirit of the Father's Son.

Remember that "the [holy] spirit of the Father" or "the [holy] spirit of our Lord Jesus Christ" does not invent, create or generate another or a separate "Holy Spirit" that the Trinity creed claims.

Therefore, let the truth remain: "Grieve not the holy spirit OF God."

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: Prepositions Can Be Such a Pain!!!

April 12 2013, 11:37 AM 

In Matt. 28:19, when Jesus mentions the three entities of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, some folks say Jesus doesn't really mean THREE entities. Such reasoning parallels that of the Baptists, who claim, for example, that Jesus doesn't really require baptism for salvation when in Mark 16:16 He says, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." The Baptists imply that the abundance of New Testament passages linking only faith with salvation far outweighs Jesus' mention of baptism and salvation in Mark 16:16. Likewise, those who reject three entities of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit imply that the abundance of New Testament passages mentioning "spirit of God/Lord/Christ/Father/Son" far outweighs Jesus' mention of the three entities in Matt. 28:19. Perhaps it would have been less confusing if Jesus had said, "...in the name of the Father and of the Son" and stopped. Yet we cannot deny that Jesus DOES mention three entities.

Now does the mention of three entities mean they are three literal entities with completely separate identities? Some people think so. Are the three entities instead three highly related parts of one divine entity? Other people think so. Aside from the fact that the New Testament mentions the Father in some passages, the Son in others, the Holy Spirit in yet others, and all three together in at least one passage (Matt. 28:19), is there an explicit, New Testament passage commanding that we MUST believe they exist as three-in-one, one-in-three, or some other combination? NO!!! Therefore, as long as we believe in God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit, then we are at liberty to form our own personal conceptions about how the Godhead is arranged.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(no login)

Re: Prepositions Can Be Such a Pain!!!

April 18 2013, 10:56 PM 

[Reprint of the same message dated: April 12 2013, 8:37 PM]

B,

It's been mentioned a number of times already [if you even paid attention] that the mention of three entities is NOT the issue.

Can you find this in my post to which you just responded?

"That passage lists 3 entities, of course. Does that prove 3 separate beings. NO!!!"

A first grader can count up to 3 very easily, too, you know. So, stop the insult, please.

Hopefully, we've got the "three (3) entities" [the total number] resolved. But, B, I'm really disappointed in you for not really trying to understand our real differences. I'm also disappointed in you in that, of all educated and professorial-like people, you have not provided us with the grammatical rule that an entity may not necessarily be a proper noun. You have not acknowledged or disproved that grammatically the expression "holy spirit" consists of an improper noun ("spirit") modified by an adjective ("holy"). That should be enough for a very educated man to analyze how a similar expression, "unholy mind," [also an improper noun modified by an adjective] can not be considered a "person" entity.

The issue I'm having to deal with you is NOT the number of entities. There are THREE entities listed in Matt. 28:19. The issue, rather, is whether or not you think or believe that the third entity ("spirit" that is "holy") is the THIRD PERSON of the Trinity Creed.

It's one way or the other. If you do honestly think or believe that the third entity is a "person," then, say so, and we will continue with the discussion.

The assertion that this doctrine is or is not a salvation issue does not belong in this discussion. Instead, impart us with some knowledge or argument that has a little more depth than that -- it's what we can expect from a very highly educated man like you.

Edited the long "handle."

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.250.192 on Apr 18, 2013 11:02 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 12 2013, 11:50 AM 

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 12 2013, 12:31 PM 

The word is THEOS or GOD: Godhead is a pagan trinitarian heresy. Father, Spirit, Son are NOT entities: An entity is something that exists by itself,

1Corinthians 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
1Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, OF whom are all things,
and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, BY whom are all things, and we by him.

The ONE GOD the Father gave ALL authority to Jesus of Nazareth Who was MADE to be Lord and Christ: If you deny that John marks you as an antiChrist

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Denying the full humanity of Jesus by trying to make HIS Spirit now have the power is not redeemable because it tries to appropriate power and glory that belongs only to Jesus who is NOT the "another Comforter" according to John. Here is the necessary IDOLATRY when you speak of GODHEAD.

Defining a GODHEAD wiki says

The Trimrti (English: three forms; Sanskrit:trimrti) is a concept in Hinduism "in which the cosmic functions of creation, maintenance, and destruction are personified by the forms of Brahma the creator, Vishnu the maintainer or preserver and Shiva the destroyer or transformer," These three gods have been called "the Hindu triad"[3] or the "Great Trinity", often addressed as "Brahma-Vishnu-Maheshwara."

One type of depiction for the Trimurti shows three heads on one neck, and often even three faces on one head, each looking in a different direction.

By revealing the SINGULAR Jesus of Nazareth as bearing the fullness of God in visible or audible form, He INTENDED to repudiated the ALWAYS-PAGAN "families of gods" from whence people lust to remove CHRIST from their confession and become a Family of God.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

April 12 2013, 1:42 PM 

You think "Godhead" is "pagan"? Fine. You don't like "entities"? Fine. That is straining at a gnat, but in this case it's fine nonetheless. Say instead: "the God of the universe in all His different manifestations"; or say instead: "the beings Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." However we differently perceive the existence of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit will neither limit their function nor alter who they really ARE, whether they are three-in-one or one-in-three or some other combination. It does not matter HOW we perceive their existence as divine being(s) as long as we believe that they are spiritually REAL.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 18 2013, 11:52 PM 

[Reprint of the same message dated: April 12 2013, 9:09 PM]
-----------------------------------------------

Careful!!!

The "Godhead" described and identified in the Holy Scripture is not "pagan."

The "triads" of Babylon, the Canaanites, the Hittites, Egypt, Greece, India, Rome or even Roman Catholicism are "PAGAN."

NO!!! For you to suggest or say ["instead"]: "the beings Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" is the claim that the Trinity Creed followers make. That's an endorsement of the belief that "the holy spirit OF the living God" is a being. Shouldn't that make one wonder if God's spirit (which is holy, undoubtedly) is masculine?

A personal question for you, B: Do you envision God's holy spirit "descending like a dove"? (I know you said, "It does not matter HOW we perceive their existence as divine being(s)....")

Edited the long "handle."

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

April 12 2013, 2:57 PM 

On second thought, I would refrain from referring to "Godhead" as "pagan," because "Godhead" appears three times in the KJV New Testament:

"Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device" (Acts 17:29).

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

"For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" (Col. 2:9).

BTW, "Godhead" is not found in the KJV Old Testament.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 12 2013, 5:06 PM 

Colossians warns against the ALWAYS pagan God HEADS often pictured as we illustrated above even the "trinity" is illustrated as a three-headed person (people).

Our battle is against fallen angels who are PERFORMERS for the Kosmokrator or world ruler: Jesus refused to PRAY for the World and God HIDES from the WISE or sophists meaning preachers, singers and instrument players.

Paul makes it CERTAIN by speaking of GOD (not godhead) and defines the singular HEAD in the next verse. There is no good place to stop when you diligently seek and this is not a response.

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 59 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter