Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Scripture
(no login)

Christianity Restored

April 21 2013, 4:19 PM 

This book by Campbell might be obtainable from the Gospel Advocate, but it is published by Faith and Facts Press, Indianapolis, Indiana.

Campbell was truly a Bible scholar and first generation Restorationist, but he was hardly quoted as an authority by second and third generation Disciples--probably because the movement was reluctant to build on the reputation of a man, but on the written word--what an irony!

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Christianity Restored

April 21 2013, 5:17 PM 

I agree -- Campbell was indeed a Bible scholar ... with depth. The G.A. may have this book "Christianity Restored." If not, I'm sure the staff will be happy to order it for you. (I just had G.A. order and deliver 2 volumes of "Catholicism Against Itself" by O.C. Lambert.)

It's noteworthy that those [esp. "change agents" operating in the brotherhood] who attempt to denominationalize the church of Christ and to "rewrite" the Restoration Movement history can and do discredit Campbell and his works by misquoting him, taking his writings out of context in order to fit or match their "religious" ideology.

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

That "first step of faith"

April 21 2013, 5:36 PM 

Rick Warren: "The Holy Spirit releases his power the moment you take a step of faith. . . . Obedience unlocks God's power. God waits for you to act first. . . . This is how you cooperate with the Holy Spirit, and it how your character develops." p. 174, What on Earth am I Here for, 2012, The Purpose Drive Life, Expanded Edition.

The Bible: Saul (Paul) said "What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, 'Arise, and go into Damascus, and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.' (Acts 22:10). . . . Ananias said to him 'And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord,; (Acts 22:16). No Holy Spirit mentioned so far.

With such, many in Churches of Christ are having to deal--correcting the literature that the "Holy Spirit appointed elders" are dumping on the churches.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: That "first step of faith"

April 21 2013, 6:56 PM 

I am shocked, but not really, to find out [it was ringing in my ears] from you that the just-promoted senior minister of Madison was being mentored by Rick Warren.

Jason Shep's sermons, "WHAT ON EARTH AM I HERE FOR? PART 1..."

Watch out!!! What's else (i.e., "truth" or Warren's philosophy and church psychology) is Jason learning from the Saddleback Community Church guru?

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Doctrinal Disparity

April 21 2013, 9:44 PM 

The tragic aspect is that there are wide differences on various teachings between Rick Warren and those in Churches of Christ. Actually, various denominations also complain about Warren, for many of the same reasons. Check with the Swaggarts in Lousiana, for example.

These include manner of salvation; functions and defintions of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; role of providence (determination) versus human volition (choice) in a person's future; the mode of worship; the use of alcohol. . . .

For example, guidelines include:

LIMIT OUR FREEDOM--To limit our freedom by not serving or consuming alcohol during small group meetings of events so as to avoid causing a weaker brother or sister to stumble.

[Sorry, teetotalers, you're narrow-minded. Never mind that you grandfather or brother died from alcoholism, you shouldn't be so against alcohol. Actually, the Saddle-back plantation looks like at one time it may have grown grapes.]

Also they pair off as reading partners, but Warren warns them to make same-gender selections--I wonder if there has been too many familiarity when this was not followed.

Rick Warren is overweight, and he always wears his shirt outside his belt. This is a tell-tale sign among his followers.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Doctrinal Disparity

April 21 2013, 9:56 PM 

Rick Warren's son killed himself: Rick writes it off as a mental problem. Based on Rick's thesis God caused the lad to have problems and God finally bought him a gun, and pulled the trigger.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Quote from A. Campbell

April 21 2013, 6:39 PM 

Can we say that before regeneration, that God our Father effects these changes by the word or gospel, and that is confirmed by his Holy Spirit?

That sounds accurately stated to me.

First, there is the duty to "preach the gospel of Christ" (II Cor. 11:7; 10:14; Rom. 15:19). Paul identifies "the gospel of Christ" as "the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Rom. 1:16). And "the word of truth" defines "the gospel of Christ." And Jesus said [while living with his disciples]: "I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life." He was that promised "Spirit of TRUTH" when he said, "I will come to you and dwell IN you," according to John 14:17; 15:26; 16:13 and I John 4:6.

Believing in the gospel is that recognition and acceptance that God made Jesus (whom ye crucified) both Lord and Christ (Acts 2:37). That in effect leads to repentance and finally baptism [immersion] -- the regeneration.

"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." (John 3:5) (Note: "of the Spirit" is not in reference to "baptism of/in the Holy Ghost" the Charismatic/Pentecostal way. Nor it is the Trinity's Holy Ghost being received.)

Rather, the new birth, according to Acts 2:37,38 and other supporting passages, pertains to being:

(a) Born of water: the washing of regeneration in baptism for the forgiveness of sins in the Redeemer's blood
-------------- and -----------------
(b) Born of the spirit: the receiving of the gift of a holy spirit or man's spirit MADE HOLY, the renewing of the mind. If this were the Trinity's 3rd PERSON "Holy Spirit" being received, the Trinity Creed would be self-destructive -- why not receive the Trinity's 1st PERSON, the Father; and why not receive the Trinity's 2nd PERSON, the Son?

The premise is correct: The changes in man (believing and repentance, etc.) are effected by "the word of truth" (II Cor. 6:7; Eph. 1:13; II Tim. 2:15) in Jesus, "the truth," as well as "the Spirit of truth" (John 14-16; I John 4:6). These changes are effected prior to regeneration. It is the gospel of Jesus Christ. But not only do we recognize Jesus Christ as "the truth" but also as "the Spirit of truth."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Quote from A. Campbell

April 21 2013, 8:00 PM 

John Mark Hicks etal who probably never read Bacon accuse Alexander Campbell with basing his hermeneutics on Baconian Rationalism. That spits in the face of a grand scholar who clearly never taught anything that was not the Biblical Text.

The Campbells defines (again)

Church is A School of Christ
Worship is reading and musing the Word.

The Campbells taught to repudiate theologians who have added lots more pieces to the PATTERN defined by ekklesia or synagogue.

However, Hicks notes that Campbell was not totally "rational" (rational means spiritual: a very bad thing)

Campbell recognized that if we are to receive any benefit from reading the Scriptures, we must earnestly pray for the Spirit to apply them and to explain them to our hearts (Richardson, Memoirs, 1:143). The Spirit accompanies the word in such a way that the Spirit works in the hearts of its readers. "

The rest of the story: Campbell wrote:

First, to understand them by a diligent comparing of them, one with another, observing the regularity, strength and consistency of each part;

and, second, to receive any benefit from them,

"But that the Scriptures may have the desired effect, we are to read them for this end and in this manner.

So, you see, God will not let false teachers read HIS Word. Campbell said nothing about needing The Holy Spirit person to EXPLAIN the Word to us. Did I miss something?

Campbell never thought that you needed SUPERNATURAL HELP in order to read the text.

For this end, that, by the blessing of God and the influence of the Holy Spirit, we may be rendered thereby holy, humble and wise unto salvation; that we may know of the grand concerns of an eternal scene, and be put in the way to escape eternal wrath and to gain eternal happiness. And in this manner are we to read them:

Alexander Campbell said that the gift of A holy spirit is OUR spirit made holy. We receive A good conscience so that we can READ and understand the text. If John Mark Hicks believes that A HOLY SPIRIT guides you into all understanding then HE should quite getting paid to do the work of The Holy Spirit person he thinks is required to explain the Word delivered by Jesus.

2Timothy 3:15 And that from a babe thou hast known the sacred writings which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Hollow Minded

April 21 2013, 8:32 PM 

What may be happening is that hollow-minded leaders are telling the preaching staff what material to preach.

Hollow-minded because they are successful in business, but not particularly gifted in Biblical matters.

The preaching staff, on the other hand, is more Biblically adept but lack the money and power to call the shots and decide the material.

So it is, that although successful in business, they are failing to guide the church Biblically and to recognize spiritually motivating preaching.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Hollow Minded

April 21 2013, 11:34 PM 

We have shown that the gift of A holy spirit has the same meaning as A good conscience, consciousness or a co-perception of the Word of God.

We have also shown that that was the view of Walter Scott and Alexander Campbell. A holy spirit in the literature is contrasted to an UNholy spirit.

Hebrews 10:22 let us draw near with a true heart in fulness of faith,
.....having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience:
.....and having our body washed with pure water

This happens at the same time. Repent AND be baptized and ye SHALL receive the gift of A holy spirit. Worship is IN THE SPIRIT (place) and God does not even seek worship done IN THE FLESH.

The Spirit OF Christ proved this in prophetic types:

Isaiah 59:20 And a Redeemer will come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith Jehovah.
Isaiah 59:21 And as for me, this is my covenant with them, saith Jehovah:
.....my Spirit that is upon thee,
.....and my words which I have put in thy mouth,
.....shall not depart out of thy mouth,
.....nor out of the mouth of thy seed,
.....nor out of the mouth of thy seeds seed,
.....saith Jehovah, from henceforth and for ever.

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you,
.....and a new spirit will I put within you;
.....and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh,
.....and I will give you a heart of flesh.
Ezekiel 36:27 And I will put my Spirit within you,
.....and cause you to walk in my statutes,
.....and ye shall keep mine ordinances, and do them.

Therefore, it is a proven fact from God Himself that those who REJECT following the Word of God CANNOT have "A" holy spirit.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: The Spirit of Christ the Lord Is the Holy Spirit

April 22 2013, 11:00 AM 

Millennial Harbinger SERIES IV.--VOLUME I.

NEAR SOUTHBRIDGE, Mass., October 20, 1850.
I THINK, with Bro. Emmons [F. W. EMMONS. ], that there is a remarkable similarity in the views and reasonings of this Prussian Doctor, on this awfully sublime subject, to those to which I gave expression in the Christian Baptist, some twenty-five years ago. His terminology differs from mine; but the rudimental conceptions are the same.

At the hazard of my orthodoxy with that class of writers and teachers that bound themselves down, and their fraternities, to the jargon of words without ideas--such as "eternal generation," "eternal procession," "co-equality," and "consubstantiality," &c.--I presumed to affix ideas to the terms of inspiration, corresponding with their proper import, and then to trace the analogy which these terms institute in man, according to the laws of language and of the human mind.

There is, however, too much abstraction in the triangular idea above expressed; nor is that figure peculiar to Dr. Sartorius. It is an antiquated conception of a very old school of rather mystic reasoning on the term Trinity, which nothing on earth resembled but a Magic. . 133

The beautiful conception of the word, and its corresponding idea, and of the embodiment of the same idea in flesh--a new term, a form, distinct from its pre-existent attitude and relations, or a translation of it from the language of heaven into the language of earth-- is what the emergency of man's apostacy required, and God's philanthropy vouchsafed.

And therefore, the word became incarnate and dwelt amongst men, and we beheld his glory in this form of speech, and, in the form of a servant, condescending to raise our ruined race into a new form of glory, alter the image of him that created and redeemed us, and for whose glory we are and were created; who condescended to become like us in humanity, that we might be like him in partaking of a divine nature, even of immortality and eternal life. Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift: A. C.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 23 2013, 3:00 PM 

You will remember and trinitarians repudiate the statement that:

1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God,
.....and one mediator between God and men,
.....the MAN Christ Jesus;

I am working on a review of John Mark Hicks who trashes Alexander Campbell by saying that he got his "hermeneutics" from Francis Bacon eta. In fact he agreed that one should trust what one SEES on the pages of Scripture and not the theologians: Hicks from LU must agree that we should use our IMAGINATION.

Hermes is the Greek INTERCESSOR between man and the "gods." These human hermeneuts are called Daimons. That is why Jesus was tasked to REPUDIATE the always pagan triads.

All markets had HERMES posted like Jochin and Boaz. They were posts with a hermes "head" painted bright red. They were the MARKS that the "traders are in and open for business."

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 24 2013, 4:40 PM 

Irenaeus Against Heresies: trinity and "hermeneutics" the profession of the hermeneuts who think only they can interpret the word.

http://www.piney.com/FathIrenaHerII.html

THE PAGAN FOLLY TO BE REPUDIATED:

for there is among the Greeks one logos which is the principle that thinks,
.....and another which is the instrument by means of which thought is expressed);
.....and [to say] that a man sometimes is at rest and silent,
.....while at other times he speaks and is active.

THE CLEAR REPUDIATION ON BLACK TEXT ON BROWN PAPER:

But since God is
.....all mind, all reason, all active spirit, all light,
.....and always exists one and the same,
.....as it is both beneficial for us to think of God,

and as we learn regarding Him from the Scriptures, such feelings and divisions [of operation] cannot fittingly be ascribed to Him.

For our tongue, as being carnal, is not sufficient to minister to the rapidity of the human mind, inasmuch as that is of a spiritual nature, for which reason our word is restrained 236 within us, and is not at once expressed as it has been conceived by the mind, but is uttered by successive efforts, just as the tongue is able to serve it.

5. But God being all Mind, and all Logos,
.....both speaks exactly what He thinks,
.....and thinks exactly what He speaks.

For His thought is Logos, and Logos is
.....Mind comprehending all things is the Father Himself.

He, therefore, who speaks of the mind of God,
.....and ascribes to it a special origin of its own,
.....declares Him a compound Being,
.........as if God were one thing,
.........and the original Mind another.

So, again, with respect to Logos,
.....when one attributes to him the third place of production from the Father;
.....on which supposition he is ignorant of His greatness;
.....and thus Logos has been far separated from God.
As for the prophet, he declares respecting Him,
....."Who shall describe His generation? "
.....But ye pretend to set forth His generation from the Father,
.....and ye transfer the production of the word of men
.....which takes place by means of a tongue to the Word of God,
.....and thus are righteously exposed by your own selves
.....as knowing neither things human nor divine.

6. But, beyond reason inflated [with your own wisdom],
.....ye presumptuously maintain that ye are acquainted
.....with the unspeakable mysteries of God;
.....while even the Lord, the very Son of God,
.....allowed that the Father alone knows the very day and hour of judgment,

when He plainly declares, "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, neither the Son, but the Father only." If, then, the Son was not ashamed to ascribe the knowledge of that day to the Father only, but declared what was true regarding the matter, neither let us be ashamed to reserve for God those greater questions which may occur to us.

Respond to this message   
Ken
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 24 2013, 11:12 PM 

Jesus is defined as the SON of God. The LU writers make him younger and ranked second. Earlier scholars wrestled with this because they failed to read that the SON of God is the WORD of God: the word is CREATED when God thinks and then breathes (Spirit). Irenaeus continues:

For no man is superior to his master. If any one, therefore, says to us, "
.....How then was the Son produced by the Father?
....."we reply to him, that no man understands that production, or generation, or calling, or revelation, or by whatever name one may describe His generation, which is in fact altogether indescribable. Neither Valentinus, nor Marcion, nor Saturninus, nor Basilides, nor angels, nor archangels, nor principalities, nor powers [possess this knowledge],
..... but the Father only who begat, and the Son who was begotten.

.....Since therefore His generation is unspeakable,
.....those who strive to set forth generations and productions cannot be in their right mind,
.....inasmuch as they undertake to describe things which are indescribable.

For that a word is uttered at the bidding of thought and mind,
.....all men indeed well understand.

Those, therefore, who have excogitated [the theory of] emissions
.....have not discovered anything great, or revealed any abstruse mystery,
.....when they have simply transferred what all understand to the only-begotten Word of God;
.....and while they style Him unspeakable and unnameable,
.....they nevertheless set forth the production and formation of His first generation,
..... as if they themselves had assisted at His birth,
..... thus assimilating Him to the word of mankind formed by emissions.

Respond to this message   
Big Fish Little Pond
(no login)

April 25 2013, 10:40 AM 

IF THERE IS A SIN GOD WILL NOT OR CANNOT FORGIVE,
THEN WHAT WOULD IT BE? (Part 1)

Gary McDade

Sincere students of the Bible have cut into the meat of scripture and emerged asking about what people sometimes refer to as the unpardonable sin and what the Bible refers to as the sin unto death and consideration of a persons long and languishing involvement in sin and the possibility of such a one reaching a point of no returning to repentance. Where the Bible teaches or alludes to the unpardonable sin, the sin unto death, and the point of no returning to repentance will be singled out for studying If there is a sin God will not or cannot forgive, then what would it be?

The unpardonable sin is also spoken of as the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Three passages of scripture present the basis for this discussion. Matthew 12:31-32 contains the first reference, Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. Mark 3:22-30 contains the second reference:

And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils. And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan? And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end. No man can enter into a strong mans house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house. Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Luke 12:10 has the third reference, And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

In Questions Answered by David Lipscomb and E.G. Sewell what it means to blaspheme was discussed. E.G. Sewell wrote, To blaspheme is to speak impiously or reproachfully of God or of the Holy Spirit. To speak irreverently of the Spirit or his work would be blasphemy against him. To attribute the revelations of the Spirit to demoniacal power, or to place these revelations of the Spirit upon a level with the mutterings of departed spirits in spiritualism, or demons, would be to treat the Spirit of God with impietywould be blasphemy.1 In view of its meaning and eternal consequences, Sewell was asked whether or not he thought the sin could be committed today to which he replied,

I have no doubt but that it may be committed now. Men may as easily blaspheme the Spirit in his revelations today through the word of truth as they did his developments in the days of the Savior. The Spirit of God in the New Testament brings the last message from God to sinful men, and the only message whereby sinners can be saved; and the man that attributes any other origin to the New Testament than to the Spirit of God is guilty of the blasphemy against the Spirit of God.

But there is something else more widely dangerous to Christians than this, and that is the fact that any sin willfully persisted in to the end of life becomes unpardonable. I do not suppose that any who believe the Bible and are humbly trying to serve God will ever commit the sin of blasphemy against the Spirit of God; but I fear that very many so-called Christians will be lost in eternity for not obeying the words of the Spirit in the New Testament. I think the danger here much greater than blasphemy. If ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.2

ENDNOTES

1David Lipscomb and E.G. Sewell, Questions Answered, M.C. Kurfees ed. (Nashville, TN: Gospel Advocate Co. 1921, reprint ed. 1974),, p. 638.
2Ibid., pp. 638-639.

Please, return to the next edition of Good News From Getwell for the continuation of this interesting study of Gods word.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-Mail] [Home Page] [Who We Are/What We Do] [Where We Are]
[The Spiritual Sword] [The Spiritual Sword Quarterlies]
[The Spiritual Sword Lectureship] [Lectureship Schedule] [Articles]

Getwell Church of Christ
1511 Getwell Road
Memphis, TN 38111-7299
(901) 743-0464

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Blasphemy again the Holy Spirit

April 25 2013, 3:19 PM 

The way I always heard it is that the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is rejecting Jesus when it is obvious from His signs and wonders that He is the Christ, and so no further proof can be more obvious to bring one to belief.

In this way there is no repentance possible, since the ultimate proof of Christ's divinity has been shunned and denied.

This sin against the Holy Spirit in just one of a possible number of unrepented sins, which are unforgiveable--chiefly since they have not been repented of.

The sin of rejecting the evidence of the Spirit is unforgiveable, at least until one no longer rejects the proofs of the Spirit.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Blasphemy again the Holy Spirit

April 25 2013, 6:07 PM 

It is true that blasphemy is DESPISING the Words of Christ in the Prophets and apostles. Almost by definition self-speak songs and sermons are blasphemy because they deny the command and example to teach that which has been taught. "Tasting" the Word of God and then turning away from it is unforgivable.

Most people blaspheme The Holy Spirit because they don't know His NAME.

Psalms 78:40 How oft did they provoke him in the wilderness,
.....and grieve him in the desert!

Yea, they turned back and tempted God,
.....and limited the Holy One of Israel. Psalm 78:41
They remembered not his hand,
.....nor the day when he delivered them from the enemy. Psalm 78:42

This was the musical idolatry of the Egyptian trinity at Mount Sinai. God sentenced them to beyond Babylon which meant "land of no return." And yet, most people blasphemy the Spirit because they deny that there is anything against instrumental "worship." Being ignorant is apparently no exception to being a blasphemer.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears,
.....ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
.....and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One;
.....of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

These were the prophets upon whom God had BREATHED as the Spirit OF Christ. Most if not all false teaching is based on not knowing and not needing to know the inclusive and exclusive definition of the Church as the PROPHETS whom Jesus made more certain. The church is built upon or EDUCATED by the Prophets and Apostles as the work-produce of the Spirit OF Christ. And yet the prophets appear not to be in the memory bank of all of the false writing theologians.

1Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently,
.....who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time
.....the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify,
.....when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

John 6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:
.....the words, that I speak unto you,
.....they are spirit, and they are life.

If you do not know the NAME of the Holy Spirit Comforter blasphemy just spills out of word-rejectors mouth.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 70.197.165.57 on Apr 25, 2013 6:09 PM

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Iimplanted

April 25 2013, 8:49 PM 

Does that word(s) need to be implanted in the heart to be the spirit?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Iimplanted

April 25 2013, 9:10 PM 

A seed has life within itself: many seed can be stored for a long period of time and the life is still there. However, on an individual basis a seed or word once planted can die pretty fast:

Matthew 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
Matthew 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
Matthew 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
Matthew 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
Luke 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

It is pretty easy for people to deny that SPIRIT resides in the WORD which has been ratified by God. The seed cannot be exhausted like that dead clover season I bought last spring. The Same word is the carrier of the SPIRIT or MIND of God forever. "Theology" takes the DNA God put into the seed and cut and splice it to make their own CROP: Lucky for us those plants often turn out to be fly traps.

Respond to this message   
Big Fish Little Pond
(no login)

April 25 2013, 8:59 PM 

----------------------------------

False Ideas about the Holy Spirit

By Wayne Jackson (Christian Courier)

We have discussed Wayne Jackson before: he follows the Lipscomb University etal thesis that the Spirit is a PERSON. Paul Tillich said that before the 19th century to call god a person would be considered heresy. It still is.

You can read the Wayne Jackson paper and some Biblical rejection of it here.

http://www.piney.com/Wayne.Jackson.Is.Holy.Spirit.Worthy.Worship.html

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 70.197.167.144 on Apr 25, 2013 9:18 PM

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 13 4 5 6 79 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter