Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Number of Posters

April 23 2013, 11:52 PM 

You mentioned "Russian readership." You also mentioned "Russians or any people in any other foreign countries" posting. [I was responding to your post, not Scripture's.]

As popular as Faithsite was, how many RUSSIAN [OR OTHER INTERNATIONAL] READERS BECAME BECOME POSTERS? That was my point -- that one can only be a reader, not necessarily a poster.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

April 24 2013, 12:21 AM 

In order to be a responder/poster, you have to be a reader first.

Posters are always readers, but not all readers are posters.

There were no international posters at FaithSite that I know of.

There are no international posters at CM that I know of.

BUT, compared to CM now, there were far more posters as such at FaithSite back then.

I don't care where the posters come from. The fact remains that the number of posters at CM has been abysmal for quite some time.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 24 2013, 2:23 AM 

Thanks for your words of wisdom and very revealing statistics.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 24 2013, 11:16 AM 

This is a private pulpit with no collection plate. Posts are passages of Scripture, word definitions or the ancient texts which is the only way to define words. All forums have viewpoints and none would tolerate more than one personal attack.

I am here on this thread to tell crump and his multi-personalities that this thread will NOT be his so he can collect hits. You can go to network54.com and get your own forum.

If B did this in a congregation the Deacons would expel him or call the cops. It is not his concern how many readers or how many "dialog." Almost all of the old dialogers were HIT MEN like B. E-mail proves that many have chosen to be readers.

Donnie and I plant and water and leave the effect up to God.

So, please don't respond to this with "father, son and spirit" or "you are losers." It's simply not your concern. I have turned all four cheeks.

Respond to this message   
Fish
(no login)

April 30 2013, 5:18 PM 

DELETE......DELETE........DELETE.........DELETE!!!

happy.gif The "Four Cheeks Turn" is a variation of the Harlem Shake...Hohenwald Style. happy.gif

Delete*********Delete*************Delete**************Delete!!!

Respond to this message   
For B [by CM]
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

"On this board ... it's their blog...."

May 2 2013, 10:55 PM 

From: Current Topic - The Spirit of Christ the Lord Is the Holy Spirit

B (no login) 74.179.247.201
Re: The Spirit of Christ the Lord Is the Holy Spirit
May 2 2013, 9:52 PM

--------------------------------------

I submitted a similar message a day or so ago, but it was never published. I think Ken rejected it. Anyway, thanks for publishing this second version. We could have done without your added, irate editorial comments, though.

On this board, I've noticed that people are labeled as "antichrist" with "attitude problems" if they disagree with Donnie and Ken. Of course, since it's their blog, they evidently feel compelled to belittle and rant at all dissenters, but it only suggests that THEY are the ones with attitude problems. happy.gif

Approve Message Edit Message Delete Message

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: "On this board ... it's their blog...."

May 2 2013, 11:13 PM 

Since Donnie chose to label the above post as "On this board...it's their blog," then he as much as acknowledges that he and Ken run THEIR blog by belittling and ranting at dissenters who disagree with them. Just so readers understand how this blog really operates. No wonder that despite a large readership, so few people post anything. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 2 2013, 11:42 PM 

Bill,

That was the focus of your message: "On this board ... it's their blog...." And you're even continuing it here.

"So few people post" -- the number of times you've said that, I've lost track. Are you that forgetful? Really? The subject of "the Holy Spirit" is a very difficult one. You wouldn't even give a straight answer to a straightforward question just so the discussion could continue. And expect a Muslim or an atheist to post.

OK, let's let "so few people post" be the last "words of wisdom" come from a smart fellow ... as we will not be wasting any more time composing and publishing such. Why not post a passage from the Scripture and enlighten the reader?

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

May 2 2013, 11:47 PM 

Donnie, if you and Ken have "so much work to do," as Ken stated elsewhere, then what are you doing fooling around in this non-doctrinal thread, responding to a post by someone you've branded as having a "bad attitude" (meaning someone who does not always agree with your point of view)? You're spinning your wheels here.

======================

1. You said: "it's their blog." Just practicing how to respond.
2. Work has already been interrupted, so why not fool around?
3. There are many who disagree and do not have a bad attitude.
4. I spin my wheels when posts have no scriptural content.
5. This non-doctrinal thread was initiated by CM -- it is subject to deletion.
6. I expect you now to respond to your own post.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.250.192 on May 3, 2013 12:23 AM

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Filtering the Posts

May 3 2013, 10:10 AM 

There are several good reasons to filter.

Profanity, slander (even if true, since managers of blogs don't have ways of testing that).

Disagreeable posts are in a gray area. Some considerations here might include "does it discourage others from posting", especially since some readers and posters run from trouble. Disagreement does not have to be "disagreeable" but can be an "agreeable disagreement". Extreme "disagreeable disagreement" can chase even the readers away.

Posts that are "off the subject" can conceivably be moved to another topic, but the reasons for doing so must be organizational and not purposive [such as manipulative].

Readers can also get bored if the discussions go on and on, and continue to repeat the same old themes. Better to state disagreements or agreements and then to move on.

I saw the other day an account holder who complained about the bank. After bouncing 10 checks, he complained about the order of bounding, in that the smaller checks should have been accepted first and the larger ones next, or at least in the date of check order [there is no assurance that they will come into the bank if date of check order]. So he was complaining about the bank getting as much money as they could from the bounces.

So is the life of the blog moderator.

Respond to this message   
Fish
(no login)

Re: Filtering the Posts

May 6 2013, 10:17 AM 

Yes, Scripture, "right on"!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Readers can also get bored if the discussions go on and on, and continue to repeat the same old themes. Better to state disagreements or agreements and then to move on."

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Filtering the Posts

May 6 2013, 11:28 AM 

We, too, agree with Scripture.

There have been submitted posts with "expletive deleted" expressions, and these are deleted. Posters eventually learn to "delete" themselves. happy.gif Doctrinal discussion boards are not immune to such posts -- one reason moderators have editing privileges.

Agreements and disagreements are always published (to my knowledge) -- with certain exceptions such as below.

Repetitive abuses in posts that have nothing to do with the subject being discussed, while may be tolerated initially, are subject to deletion.

Respond to this message   
If Not For Bad Luck
(no login)

Just Out Of The Picture- Non-Doctrinal in Nature

May 6 2013, 10:06 AM 

[linked image]

happy.gif Just us Protestants!!....ooo000

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Just Out Of The Picture- Non-Doctrinal in Nature

May 6 2013, 11:46 AM 

Fish,

Silence, please.

Protestants may be in the process right now of learning a lot about "The History of The Doctrine of the Trinity." I have posted "The Complexity of the Catholic Doctrine of the Trinity."

See what the Protestants have ACQUIRED/INHERITED from The Mother Church? Unbeknownst to them? (Beware certain churches of Christ who IMITATE the Protestants!!!)

You may need to study "Trinity History 101" thoroughly so as to pass the exam.

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Readership vs. Respondence

May 6 2013, 1:24 PM 

Readership is at its high level when popular topics are discussed. One of them is "The Holy Trinity" Creed -- it was first officially formulated [I'd say "INVENTED"] at the Council of Nicea, 325 A.D.

Trinity History 101: learn and study it from a non-ConcernedMembers perspective. But please don't blame CM for publishing the Roman Catholic Church- and papacy-approved "Blessed Trinity" DOGMA ... from an independent source.

Respond to this message   
William Hall
(no login)

Former Post - What you can buy at ACU

May 14 2013, 12:04 AM 

You briefly posted "what you can buy at ACU", or something similar to that. My wife is preparing an article for a book to be published by Cambridge University Press. The editor sent out this notice:

"... make sure that the different essays all do their best to shed light on the central idea of the volume, which is:

"to show how critical assessment of different kinds of source material (narrative, documentary, and material; 'religious', legal, and 'religio-legal') studied from differing (and multi-disciplinary) perspectives and with a strong 'hermeneutics of suspicion' against the received narratives of canon law and ecclesiastical history, can shew new light on how both abstract legal thought and concrete legal practice changed across later antiquity, and the role played by religious ideas, institutions, communities and boundaries in that process."

We had a bit of a laugh about it. I am not trying to say there is anything at all wrong with academic pursuit, and the point of this book is to examine how religious thought and religious law affected the civil law of late antiquity. But the wording is mish-mash. I suspect there was something similar going on at ACU, but you did not post a reference or any context (that I recall). It is really all about being an ancient Hebrew: "make us like the nations around us." Avoid straight talk and sound learned, and make everyone think you must really be a high class school of -- what?

Respond to this message   
Ken
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Former Post - What you can buy at ACU

May 14 2013, 12:26 PM 

fish broke in and listed the name of the young lady: it happens that I knew her from early age and there is a family connection. I would not want to offend her. I thought that it was a brilliant piece of work using lots of uncommon words. Good for her. Fish tends to smell things up.

We did anniversary, mother's day, wife's birthday and visit with grandson and friend from Seattle: she is doing post-doctoral work after getting her doctorate last year but had to wait until this year to do caps and gowns at Vanderbilt. A friend gave her a long list of invented words: if you are doing original work then you have to invent new words? At least you can read her work and understand it once you know the words: her work has to pass the peer smell test and she has to do something useful to keep getting paid.

The "church" can do wonderful things once she has both religious and civil swords to work with. It did fill some bad holes once Rome removed from Europe. I would love to read the work when finished.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Former Post - What you can buy at ACU

May 14 2013, 5:33 PM 

It was a sucker: threw it back.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 70.210.7.50 on May 14, 2013 8:44 PM

Respond to this message   
<:O~~~~
(no login)

Three Reasons Why "B" Should Return

May 15 2013, 12:44 AM 

1) "B" is sending resumes to Baptist Churches. They don't want him.

2) "B" is predictable. I take full advantage of that and he makes me look smart.

3) "B" was right about the Holy Spirit. happy.gif

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

NO: Four Reasons ... or Five

May 15 2013, 1:14 AM 

4) You may be right about "B";

5) "B" may be right about you.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter