Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

A Special Thread Dedication -- Non-Doctrinal in Nature

April 20 2013 at 11:59 AM
ConcernedMembers  (Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 99.177.250.192

In an effort to continue the discussion of serious doctrinal topics without interruption, this thread has been initiated. Feel free to express your views as to why you are in adamant opposition to this doctrinal discussion board and wish for its existence to cease. Your message may be a reflection of your own "attitude" problem and may not be aware of it. That's at your own risk.

Some of those "views" are being transferred here now from [an]other thread(s).

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Time for a permanent vacation

April 20 2013, 12:01 PM 

From: Current Topic - The Spirit of Christ the Lord Is the Holy Spirit

B (no login) 74.179.247.83
Re: Time for a permanent vacation
April 20 2013, 3:28 AM

--------------------------------------

Not venting at all. I haven't seen anyone else discussing the Holy Spirit except Donnie and Ken...among themselves now. No one else is participating and is not likely to participate anymore in this thread or in any other thread. That's why I thought it would be better if the long-deserted message boards were closed and CM was reduced to a site where Donnie and Ken could "do their thing" alone. But if you feel so compelled to keep running a bunch of ghost-town message boards, that's your prerogative...as strange as that may be.

Approve Message Edit Message Delete Message

Respond to this message   
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: The long view

April 20 2013, 12:06 PM 

From: Current Topic - The Spirit of Christ the Lord Is the Holy Spirit

B (no login) 74.179.249.159
Re: The long view
April 20 2013, 10:35 AM

----------------------------------

Yes, the "discussion" of the Holy Spirit has ended, for all practical purposes, only because NO ONE ELSE is participating. Only you and Ken are still hammering it out on an otherwise DEAD board.

And hey, man, don't pull that jive about "interruption." You're supposedly in charge of this ghost-board and have your finger on the "delete" button. Any submitted messages that you don't like, you're free to hit the delete button; you're free to reject them for publication here.

BUT, when you approve messages for posting, then turn around and complain that they "interrupt" the teaching/learning here, who really causes the interruption? Who is to blame? YOU ARE. That's like the man who continues to drive his car with the temperature gauge reading "hot," then complains when the engine burns up and he's left stranded. Who's at fault there? The man. Who's at fault here and now? YOU ARE.

Approve Message Edit Message Delete Message

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: A Special Thread Dedication -- Non-Doctrinal in Nature

April 20 2013, 12:54 PM 

Nice move! But it just won't erase the fact that NO ONE ELSE beyond Donnie and Ken is participating in ANY discussions in ANY of the other threads. Despite that fact, CM is going to continue with just Donnie's and Ken's one-sided posts. You no longer need message boards with the capacity for readers to make public responses, because they're NOT responding.

Face it. For better or worse, public participation on this site, for all practical purposes, HAS ENDED.

Respond to this message   
William
(no login)

Response slow but still has readership

April 22 2013, 3:06 AM 

Sounds like "B" has a bee in his bonnet. This site is a blog, and Ken and Donnie can blog all they want. There is a slowdown right now; perhaps it will come back, perhaps not. All blogs are one sided, and they come and go. To Ken and Donnie I say keep up the good work. There are those that would have us dancing around bonfires at the full moon to enhance our cultural experiences and widen our understanding and increase our tolerance (of paganism).

If I actually have any worries about the status of the church now, it is that we have so many that lack strong identity. Of course we, like most other religious groups are having difficulty maintaining attendance and maintaining our youth. I suspect, B, that you lack strong identity. It's a sociological thing. I don't see much lack of identity from Donnie and Ken.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: Response slow but still has readership

April 22 2013, 12:55 PM 

Even though blogs are one-sided, it doesn't serve much of a purpose for this CM blog to offer readers the option to post messages pro or con if virtually no one from the allegedly "large" readership is posting anything anymore.

And if William hasn't noticed, readers just haven't been posting much for a long, long, time.

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Thumbs up, B

April 22 2013, 11:19 PM 

B, you're like some at the church at Sardis (Revelation 3), for whom it can be said, "you have not soiled your clothes; you will walk with me, dressed in white, for you are worthy."

Respond to this message   
David Fields
(no login)

Take It For What Its Worth

April 22 2013, 7:09 PM 

Donnie, remember B saying "So that means no "duck commander" comments from Dave Fields?" This was in the Spirit thread.
If I recall, I only posted scripture and you refused to post it, as you have done so with many more of my posts. Several of them I might even understand why you didn't post (me speaking of the evils of this website). That particular post supported the fact that there is distinction between the Spirits. Jesus said that you could speak against Him but not the Holy Spirit.
The point being....actually too many points for you to even care about.
1-No one cares to post here anymore because (and this is the main point) there isn't a spirit of love here. There never has been. No one feels comfortable with discussing a different viewpoint.
2-You know that when Bill Crump speaks on my behalf for anything (per quote above) then you have wandered down a poor pitiful path.
3-Donnie, it isn't about what you and Ken believe to be right. Even with Ken's magical Greek tour of history and beautiful artwork, he still hasn't proven but one thing.....what he believes to be right. You three (yes you too William) have continually derided any dissenting opinions. Many of us study the Scriptures faithfully, but we still come up with varying opinions. This site has shown to be a farce because it only believes in its own hallowed opinion. You put down the catholics, the baptists, and gossip about the very congregation that you claim to be a part of. That isn't about love. Ken, you and Donnie can now get your mads on and slam me for my lovy dovy woes. I know what the the Word says.....without love, you are ???? You are what ????
NOTHING!
4-You have to know this. Jesus knew when to stand up for what He knew to be right. He confronted the Jewish leaders time and time again. He also knew when to show love. Even with Judas, the betrayer of our King, did He lay into him and berate him time and time again? No. You believe that with this site, you can pull ALL the churches of Christ into your line of thinking. Wrong, because in the end, it will only be just that...your line of thinking. So many of us use the same standard, the Word of God, as you do, but for some reason, everyone is wrong that doesn't interpret the Scriptures the way you do.
5-Finally, there is Hope in Jesus Christ. If we all seek Him first, and His Ways, then we can find, not just Hope, but a Way through all of our selfish human desires.

Oh, and even if you never post this Donnie, or Ken, then that is ok, for you still saw it personally. That is enough for me.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: Take It For What Its Worth

April 23 2013, 11:13 AM 

Let's have a round of applause for David Fields. I will have to agree with him on this one point: "No one cares to post here anymore...No one feels comfortable with discussing a different viewpoint." That's as far as I'll go.

Although Donnie and Ken have strong theological views, they do imply that their views are the ONLY acceptable views; all other views are in error. They upbraid all who disagree with them. Even when the views of others are biblical, Donnie and Ken (D&K) are not satisfied until they pound, hammer, and hound dissenters into accepting their personal views. If they don't succeed, they eventually ask dissenters to leave the board rather than continue any discussion.

The topic about the Holy Spirit was the straw that broke the camel's back. Although belief in Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is certainly biblical, D&K rejected that. According to them, such a belief was "Trinitarian," Catholic, and utterly pagan. If you dared to believe in Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as such, then to D&K, you saw three distinct, individual, independent, (even physical?) PERSONS, and you absolutely could not convince D&K otherwise. If you said you believed in simply Father, Son, and Holy Spirit without dissecting them ad infinitum, D&K went ballistic. Again according to D&K, there was no such thing as "The Holy Spirit" (capitalized); there was only "a holy spirit" (lower case) and further implied that Bible translations were wrong to print a capitalized "Holy Spirit." Then the business about the preposition "OF" really took the cake. Donnie not only stressed "the spirit OF..." but became so obsessed with and fanatical about "OF" that he as much as implied that if posters did not supplant, replace, and override Father, Son, and Holy Spirit with "the spirit OF...," then they should leave the board.

When the smug attitudes of D&K imply, "Agree with us or get lost," then it's time to shut down the boards and let D&K continue their CM blog unchallenged by anyone.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(no login)

It Was the Correct Decision

April 23 2013, 10:15 PM 

Dr. Crump,

That could have been D&K&W, et al. It was the correct decision in that you weren't granted permission to moderate the CM boards. Grow up. You're not embarrassing ConcernedMembers. You are embarrassing yourself.

You have a serious "attitude" problem. Please do not use the topic concerning "the Holy Spirit" for any of your excuses.

With your grammatical prowess, I was asking your help to really explain in depth the significance of the preposition "OF" in the expression "the spirit OF ... the Lord/the living God, the Father, the Lord Jesus Christ...." The word "OF" would have been the proof or evidence that "the spirit" BELONGS TO THE LIVING GOD -- NOT APART NOR SEPARATE FROM GOD.

Instead, you chose to MINIMIZE the significance of the preposition. You should have been one "grammar" authority on the parts of speech ["of" as a preposition; "spirit" a common noun, neuter (not masculine); "holy" an adjective that modifies "spirit"; "His" a personal pronoun indicating ownership as in "His spirit" (I John 4:13; I Cor. 2:10; Rom. 8:11).

There are 70+ passages in Scripture that support that truth.

Besides, the Restoration Movement forefathers did NOT promote the pope's "Trinity Creed." They fully, scripturally recognized that "the Holy Spirit" is NOT a separate, third-person, masculine-gendered "Being."

Sorry to say that grammar is your specialty but only outside of the topic concerning "the holy spirit OF GOD" (Ephesians 4:30). Just really study that expression, Bill Crump. If the "Holy Spirit" is a separate Being, then, review the following:

(1) EXPRESSION: "Grieve not the holy Spirit of God" (Eph. 4:30)
(2) TRINITY CREED: the Holy Spirit is God (third PERSON)
(3) TRINITY FALLACY: "Grieve not the God of God" [also redundant]
(4) But TRUTH REMAINS: "Grieve not the holy spirit OF God"

WHOSE spirit, Dr. Crump? Grammar again: "whose" (possessive case, pronoun); "His" (God's or the Lord's) spirit belongs to the Lord God.

Now, it's my turn to insult you: your grammar is weak and your logic is shallow when it comes to this particular subject matter. You're even AFRAID to make an argument FOR the man-concocted DOGMA. You're also AFRAID to rebut the 70+ passages (including "the holy spirit OF GOD"). But we know you cannot defeat the Holy Scripture.

Yours is a self-inflicted whatever-pain-you-are-feeling. You self-destructed.

There's nothing to worry about ConcernedMembers' existence. It is NOT shutting down as you wish so badly.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: A Special Thread Dedication -- Non-Doctrinal in Nature

April 23 2013, 12:45 AM 

Scripture suddenly went on a posting spree on April 22, 2013. He posted messages in eight different threads. While his motive in part may have been to boost the number of posts on this site to pull it out of the doldrums, the number of readers posting here is still abysmally low.

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Number of Posters

April 23 2013, 7:48 AM 

What may be of interest is what geograpic areas the posters are from.

Geography has always been significant.

Are they rural or urban, from what state, cities.

Are they in the vicinity of the churches being discussed. . . .

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: Number of Posters

April 23 2013, 10:18 PM 

From what I've gathered, most, but not all, of the posters seem to reside in the American South or in the Bible Belt. Donnie has sometimes referred to a significant Russian readership, yet if we can rely to some degree on IP addresses, no Russians or any people in any other foreign countries have posted anything here to my knowledge. And since foreigners are supposedly reading this board, they would know enough English to be able to post messages, if they so desired.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 23 2013, 10:32 PM 

Don't you know the difference between "readership" and "respondence"?

Did Faithsite have that many respondents?

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

April 23 2013, 11:21 PM 

Don't you have enough sense to realize that Scripture wanted to know the geographic locations of POSTERS? Most POSTERS are from the American South. You have told us about the Russian readership, but as far as I can see, NO RUSSIAN READERS HAVE BECOME POSTERS.

Get a grip, Mr. Cruz.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 23 2013, 11:52 PM 

this won't become another cuckoo's nest thread. There is too much work to do.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 23 2013, 11:56 PM 

Agree. There is too much work to do. There is also too much interruption from folks who hardly have anything substantive to contribute.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

April 24 2013, 12:24 AM 

Since this is a non-doctrinal thread, then there will be no interruptions in doctrinal discussions; they will take place in the appropriate DOCTRINAL threads.

Don't expect doctrinal issues to continue here. You moderators created this thread for other comments.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

April 24 2013, 12:29 AM 

If there is "too much [doctrinal] work to do," then why are you here in the non-doctrinal thread? Please confine your comments to DOCTRINAL threads. You moderators created this thread for issues other than doctrinal. Now either let this thread be for those other issues or close it.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

April 24 2013, 12:33 AM 

Ken, I surely wouldn't mention anything about "cuckoo" if I were you. happy.gif

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter