Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Northwest Church of Christ, Seattle: Thou Hast Turned my Mourning into Dancing

May 31 2013 at 11:48 AM
Ken  (Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 70.210.13.109

This is getting it on at Northwest Church of Christ in Seattle: one of my 'investments with the lord' that got stolen so they can be the CENTER OF WORSHIP:

http://www.piney.com/Northwest.Church.of.Christ.Seattle.Levite.Soothsayers.html

Click for "turning worship into mockery"

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/249144_10151565613845053_676667122_n.jpg

The Declaration and Address PERVERTED by the musical bandits.

http://www.piney.com/RMDeclarAddress.html#order
WHAT JESUS COMMANDED TO BE TAUGHT AND OBSERVED

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

First. ALL authority belongs to Jesus Whom God made to be both Lord and Christ and Word and Grace.
Second. The command is to GO and make disciples
Third. The ONLY authority is to teach what Christ taught in the Prophets and Jesus made more certain and the Apostles left for our "memory."
Fourth. The EFFECT of Jesus Christ in Spirit being WITH them is based on the contract: YOU teach what I have commanded you to teach.
Fifth. There is no statute of limitations until Jesus returns and returns the Throne and authority to God.
Sixth. A Church of Christ is built upon (educated by) the Prophets and Apostles who were eye-- and ear-- witnesses.
Seventh. Peter said that COMBO was not subject to private interpretation or further expounding: that would mock the testimony that the Father left of His Son.

http://www.piney.com/2.Peter.1.Prophecy.No.Private.Interpretation.html

Eighth. Anyone who did not TEACH that which is written is marked as a FALSE TEACHER following the pattern of the FALSE PROPHETS.

http://www.piney.com/2.Peter.2.Instrumental.Music.Marks.Corruption.html

Peter SPECIFICIALLY warned about MUSICAL CORRUPTION.

The FALSE TEACHERS do not honor the Father's endorsement of the testimony (prophets and apostles) when they IGNORE direct commands and OUTLAWING of all of the hypocritic arts and artists when they TWIST the Campbell's to let THEM impose that which Christ and the Campbells FORBID. That is anyting you IMPOSE to deliberately sow discord so you can get your too-close--for--comfort companions a HOLY PLACE to stand and claim to be speaking for God.

2. That although the Church of Christ upon earth must necessarily exist in particular and distinct societies, locally separate one from another, yet there ought to be no schisms, no uncharitable divisions among them. They ought to receive each other as Christ Jesus hath also received them, to the glory of God.

And for this purpose they ought all to walk by the same rule, to mind and speak the same thing; and to be perfectly joined together in the same mind, and in the same judgment.

The ANTI-Biblical and therefore ANTI-Christian churches mock this as impossible. However, Paul repeated Christ's command for the church in the wilderness. SELF-pleasure OUTLAWS all of the music and performing artists:

Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Romans 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification [EDUCATION]
Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,
that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Romans 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Any DISCIPLE can understand this without being a detested "rationalists" in the words of John Mark Hicks who claims that the Campbells did NOT get their "hermeneutics" from the bible.

3. That in order to this, nothing ought to be inculcated upon Christians as articles of faith;
nor required of them as terms of communion,
but what is expressly taught and enjoined upon them in the word of God.
Nor ought anything to be admitted, as of Divine obligation, in their Church constitution and managements, (Locke LT)

http://www.piney.com/LockeTol.html#But

but what is expressly enjoined [epitak-tos injunctions, orders] by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ and his apostles upon the New Testament Church; either in express terms or by approved precedent.

The ANTIs claim that YOU cannot forbid me from adding anything which is not EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN. The instrumental idolaters REST on the CURSE of the Sacrificial system which THEY think was God's ORIGINAL command for "congregational singing with instrumental accompaniment."

4. That although the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inseparably connected, making together but one perfect and entire revelation of the Divine will, for the edification and salvation of the Church, and therefore in that respect can not be separated;

yet as to what directly and properly belongs to their immediate object, the New Testament is as for the worship, discipline, and government of the New Testament Church, and as perfect a rule for the particular duties of its members,

as the Old Testament was for the worship, discipline, and government of the Old Testament Church, and the particular duties of its members. (Declaration And Address)

Thou Hast Turned my Mourning into Dancing

http://www.piney.com/Thou.hast.turned.my.mourning.into.dancing.html

Strong Delusions has God pointing you to "proof texts" intending to make or expose one as a fool who claim they are wise or SOPHISTS meaning self-speakers, singers, instrument players and actors up.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 70.210.14.169 on Jun 4, 2013 1:11 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Thou Hast Turned my Mourning into Dancing

May 31 2013, 4:55 PM 

Rubel Shelly Appeals to Higher Authority--Max Lucado

http://www.piney.com/http://www.piney.com/WinMaxDance.html

I like the way my friend Max Lucado illustrated this difference in his book A Gentle Thunder.

Max compares the role of the Spirit in our lives to a guy who wants to learn to dance. He's a rational, intelligent sort of guy, so he goes to the bookstore and buys a how-to book. He takes it home and begins studying. He does everything it says with meticulous care. When the instructions say sway, he sways. When the instructions say lean, he leans. When the instructions say spin, he spins. He even cuts out paper footprints and arranges them on the family room floor so he will know exactly where to step.

Finally, he thinks he's got it down pat. He calls his wife in and says, "Honey, watch!" With book in hand and reading aloud so she'll know he's done his homework, he follows the instructions step by step. It says, "Take one step with your right foot." So he takes one step with his right foot. Then it says, "Turn slowly to the left." He turns slowly to the left. He keeps it up, reading and then moving, reading and dancing, through the whole thing.

Max Lucado: Then he collapses exhausted on the sofa and says to his wife, "What do you think? I executed it perfectly!" To which she replies, "You executed it all right. You killed it!"

The bumfuzzled husband says, "But I followed the rules, I laid out the pattern, I did everything the book said . . ."

"But," she sighs, "you forgot the most important part. Where was the music?"

With that, she puts on a CD. "Try it again. Quit worrying about the steps and just follow the music." She holds out her hand, and he gets up and takes it.

The music starts, and the next thing the guy knows

he's dancing without the book!

Max Lucado "closes the story with this: "We Christians are prone to follow the book while ignoring the music. We master the doctrine, outline the chapters, memorize the dispensations, debate the rules, and stiffly step down the dance floor of life with no music in our hearts.

Dancing with no music is tough stuff.

Jesus knew that.

For that reason, on the night before His death He introduced the disciples to the song maker of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit."

The JESUS of the Bible warned about these guys:

But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows, matt 11:16

And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented. Matt 11:17

aule , Boeot. part. A. [select] aulin IG7.3211,3212 (Orchom. Boeot.): (aulos)tongue.giflay on the flute, Phrugion aulsen melos
Pass., of tunes, to be played on the flute, ho Bakkheios rhuthmos uleito X. Smp.9.3; auleitai pan melathron is filled with music, E.IT367.

Paidarion (g3808) pahee-dar'-ee-on; neut. of a presumed der. of 3816; a little boy: - child, lad.

Pais (g3816) paheece; perh. from 3817; a boy (as often beaten with impunity), or (by anal.) a girl, and (gen.) a child; spec. a slave or servant (espec. a minister to a king; and by eminence to God): - child, maid (-en), (man) servant, son, young man.

God's Child (Dance With Me)
(Hey - Hey - Hey - Hey)
(Ho - Ho - Ho - Ho)
Who calls this child to walk on her own?
(Hey - Hey - Hey - Hey)
Who leads her down this treacherous road?
She's dancing to a song we can't hear
(Hey - Hey - Hey - Hey)
Ooh, come on down
Ooh, ooh, ahh, ahh
Ah, set me free (I want to be free) ha!
Come dance with me (dance with me)
Ooh, ahh, with me

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 70.210.4.39 on May 31, 2013 4:57 PM

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

"Dancing with No Music Is Tough Stuff."

June 1 2013, 4:14 PM 

Source: Music and Dance

Music and Dance

by ~InsanelySweet, Apr 1, 2011, 7:28:46 AM

Dance and music go hand in hand
Bringing forth the magic of Life
Life whirls with a beat
Life sings with a rhythm
Music flows forth into the open air
Listen to the life as it buzzes into existence
Let your body move with the music
Become one with life as the beat moves you around
The music pumping though your veins
The beat reverberating though your chest
Souring straight to your heart
Takes root in your soul

Your voice screams in tune with the music being created
Your body moves in accord with the rhythm
Your feet jumping and stomping in movement with the beat
Hands outstretch to the open air
Laughter filters though those lips
You twirl and twist
Leap and jump

Let the music fill up
Only to dance it back out
An unbroken cycle that is only broken when the music ends
When death cuts in
Death will cut in on the dance as soon as it begins
Life will take Death by the hand and dance the night away to day
Life's scent makes you high
As soon as Life leaves the high shall fade
Leaving you an empty happiness

Wanting more
Waiting again
At the sidelines
Hearing the beat and rhythm
If you stay there waiting
Life will never come
Beat. Rhythm. Beat. Rhythm.
Pick up your feet
Scream till you're hoarse
Make your own music
Create your own life
Listen to the music as it wraps around you tight
Move with it to keep it going
Let yourself be swept away if only for a moment
Let music become your rhythm of life
And dance your beat
May Music make you take Flight in delight

[emphases mine, d.c.]

VIEW THIS SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONAL "HOW TO":

Dance and Music Go Hand in Hand

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

On-Stage Performance at Madison by "Worship Leader" & Praise Team

June 1 2013, 2:30 PM 

Except for the band and instrumental music [which is expected to be incorporated into the "musical worship service" at Madison "in the (not-so-distant) future"], this is how the "MUSIC AND DANCE" act was recently performed on stage by Madison's "Worship Leader" with his Praise Team (2 men and 2 women), plus by the rest of the Praise Team on the floor.

SOURCE: You Have Turned My Mourning into Dancing

Several years ago, when Keith Lancaster was the "Worship Leader," one or two of the teens would do the 360-degree turn and draw some attention.

By comparison today, Chris Lindsey, the current "Worship Leader," and the CHOIR (Praise Team) would perform this music-and-dance act ON STAGE. (I think that the most recent performance act on stage did not induce the congregants to follow the MUSICAL LEADERS' act. Regardless of the maximized cheerleading efforts by the Musical Team, Madison is not quite ready to be that "charismatic."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: On-Stage Performance at Madison by "Worship Leader" & Praise Team

June 1 2013, 6:13 PM 

I am certain that lady was not have her "experience" with a HOLY spirit. The Egyptians used a literal ritual with a temple priest who told her that she was being enjoyed by Anubis. Well: gotta make a living someway.

That's what Paul called MANIA or madness which was characteristic of the Mad Women of Corinth: a daughter of eve the Mediatrix

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 1 2013, 9:51 PM 

"Top Comments" from the above link:

Jonnaphril Lastima
One morning during the burial of my mother, this song played in my head and don't know why. Now I know it is the Holy Spirit reminding me that He has caused my mourning into dancing, my sorrow into joy. It's been a year already. God's comfort and healing love never fails. Weee!! God is so sweet. happy.gif

You've turned my mourning into dancing, You've turned my sorrow into joy. happy.gif I love You too, Lord.

How can I not love You back for all You've done? happy.gif You're the best, most awesome. Whoooohoo!!!

MrGoingtoheaven
Praise the Lord and pass your wallet.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

June 1 2013, 6:42 PM 

When Jesus said we must become as little children to enter the kingdom of heaven, I don't think He had this in mind. I would expect this sort of behavior from children in Romper Room, with "Do Bee" and "Don't Bee," but not from mature adults in a worship assembly.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

June 2 2013, 12:21 AM 

The ending of the "song" keeps repeating "This is how we overcome," yet the song doesn't exactly say WHAT we're supposed to "overcome," unless we infer that it is mourning. Evidently by jumping up and down, repeatedly pushing up in the air with both hands, and by turning around on the word "turned," we're supposed to "overcome" mourning -- or whatever else we want to "overcome." BTW, I'm sure we all realize that physically turning around 360 degrees is nothing but a gimmick that plays on "turned," which is an obvious misconception of what "turned" really means in the psalm.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 3 2013, 4:19 PM 

The ending of the "song" keeps repeating "This is how we overcome," yet....

This is typical of "Contemporary Christian Music."

"This Is How We Overcome"

Your light broke through my night, restored exceeding joy
You have turned my mourning into dancing.
You have turned my sorrow into joy.

This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome

Actually, I could have just written that line ("This is how we overcome") once with a note to repeat it X no. of times. But it's more impacting to the reader to visualize the repetition.

I have reviewed the YouTube demonstration of the action "praise" song a number of times. I seemed to have lost track of the repeated line, but I think the number is 12: 12 times. The song ended with that line repeated 12 times. And depending on the EXCITEMENT from that "religious experience," a musician may opt to pause and cheerlead ... then resume that line by repeating it 12 more times. This is the case in this YouTube version.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 3 2013, 5:05 PM 

This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome

Jesus died to remove the LADED BURDEN and the BURDEN LADER. A burden in Hebrew and Greek is a taunt song which mocks or condemns others. I believe that the "praise singers" have a TASK to perform defined by the LOCUSTS or MUSES in Revelation. They are pronouncing woes over anyone who stands in their way and as long as they are "standing in the holy place" they seem to be winning.

A laded burden is not a bag of grain but a song with a REPEATING chorus or punch line. This also defines it as SORCERY or witchcraft: in Isaiah 30 and Revelation they will be or ARE being Cast Alive into the Lake of fire even as ZOE and the ACU professor call for God's Holy Fire to fall on them.

1John 2:13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

ponros ,III. [select] in moral sense, worthless, knavish, phm, bios, ZOE also defined as "scum on milk."

Revelation 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

The Water of the Word has been shut off and they even BOAST about it: musical instruments in Amos 8 and Isaiah 5 is the MEANS for causing "hunger and thirst and starvation" for lack of the Word.

Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them

The BEAST is probably not an animal and the other option which fits the pattern is:

thrion h mousik aei ti kainon thrion tiktei

Meaning the sudden appearance of A new style of music or drama. The further meaning of the BEAST is

1. ti de, ei autou tou thriou kousate HEARING; said by Aeschines of Demosthenes,

2. "A new style of music or drama" to
sunesti^-a
A.help to entertain
, AP4.3.24 (Agath.):Pass., live or feast along with or togethertheois GOD] Plu.2.121f; meta tinn

This is the invasion of the WOLVES LUPUS:

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

While we hear little and do nothing MASSES of Christians are being slaughtered or have fled for their lives. Isn't Jerusalem COMPASSED ABOUT? That probably means the New Jerusalem: the called, chosen and faithful.

That all hit just about the end of the SIX DAYS. I don't have to be right: they have to be right and able to explain away to Jesus ALL recorded evidence

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

June 3 2013, 6:40 PM 

Another typical characteristic of Contemporary Christian Music is to equate "faith" with the excitement and emotional thrills that the performers generate. The idea is that the greater the amount of noise and physical action that the performers can produce, and the more potent the adrenalin highs that the performers can elicit, the greater the amount of "faith" present. It's quite a sham. I don't recall the New Testament ever portraying such a circus/carnival atmosphere in a worship assembly.

Respond to this message   
AM
(no login)

June 3 2013, 8:01 PM 

Great observation and well stated. The church where we attended used colored lights to highlight different parts of the songs, which did not do much for me or anyone I talked to. In Fact it has become a running joke in the High school class about how everything has "praise" as a prefix. So they laugh about the praise light, the praise microphones etc. I don't think we will be holding on to many teenagers if we continue this path. Which to me seems to defeat the entire community church movements purpose.

I told my kids that these people are not worshipping God the way Jesus did and that is why people make fun of them. Which I wish would not happen. I work at teaching them to love the people and ignore what they do. I really miss the church my grandparents and parents attended. There was a true sense of what love was all about. Even to this day there is a warm welcome from those old churches, not like the Walmart greeters of today that stand at the door and hand out church fliers.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Northwest Church of Christ, Seattle: Thou Hast Turned my Mourning into Dancing

June 2 2013, 3:28 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Northwest Church of Christ, Seattle: Thou Hast Turned my Mourning into Dancing

June 3 2013, 11:09 PM 

Our "Armageddon" or War of Words began with the "scholarly" command to integrate the Old Testament "worship", the introduction of Levite singers (soothsayers) and calling for the falling of God's Holy Fire. No wonder that God has set them to dancing like puppets on a string in their strong delusions.

I know of no liberal or conservative preacher who does not TEACH that God commanded instrumental worship at the Temple: now, God has CHANGED His Law. We have noted that there are TWO threads among the Jews just like other "nations": There is the Civil-Military-Clergy which God IMPOSED when He turned them over to worship the starry host. There is no hint by the Jews or others that they WORSHIPPED the starry host at the Temple which was a ziggurat. The Spirit of Christ says in Isaiah and Jeremiah that God DID NOT commanded sacrifices or any of the Civil-Military-Clergy complex. Those who use the Monarchy as a PATTERN for church organization, domination and worship do not know it but acts 7 says that God has "turned them over to worship the starry host." They even bring their musicians into their HOLY PLACES which would have gotten them executed even in an abandoned system

The Spirit of Christ in Jeremiah warned about the Lying Pen of the Scribes.

Cyril of Alexandria, Commentary on John,

That the Pharisees puffed up unto strange boasting,
.....were wont to pretend that the Divine Word was with them and in them,
.....and therefore foolishly affirmed that they had advanced to marvellous wisdom,
.....the Spirit Itself will testify,
.....since Christ says by the Prophet Jeremiah unto them,
.....How do ye say, WE are wise, and the word of the Lord is with us?
.....For nought to the scribes became their lying pen;
.....the wise men were ashamed, were dismayed and taken;
.....what wisdom is in them? because they rejected the word of the Lord.

For how are they not taken rejecting the Living and Hypostatic Word of God, receiving not the faith to Him-ward,
..... but dishonouring the Impress of God the Father,
.....and refusing to behold His most true Form (so to say)
.....through His God-befitting Authority and Power?

It is dangerous to question INSPIRATION. However, Inspiration means that we HONOR God when He reveals the UNIVERSAL worship of the Devil under the names of the Starry host.

Jesus called the Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites. In the Ezekiel 33 version

Ezek. 33:30 Also, thou son of man,
.....the children of thy people still are talking against thee
.....by the walls and in the doors of the houses,
.....and speak one to another, every one to his brother, saying,
.....Come, I pray you, and hear what is the word that cometh forth from the LORD.
Ezek. 33:31 And they come unto thee AS the people cometh,
.....and they sit before thee AS my people,
.....and they hear thy words, but they will not do them:
.....for with their mouth they shew much love,
.....but their heart goeth after their covetousness.

Christ's definition of nothing of value

Ezekiel 33:32NIV Indeed, to them you are nothing more
.....than one who sings love songs with a beautiful voice
.....and plays an instrument well, for they hear your words
.....but do not put them into practice.
Ezek. 33:33 When all this comes trueand it certainly will
.....then they will know that a prophet was among them."

Jesus made this prophecy MORE PERFECT when He cast out the musical minstrels "more or less violently as one ejects dung." He also consigned the perverted pipers, singers and dancers to the marketplace where they sold sermons, songs, radishes and the bodies of young "chorus leaders."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 4 2013, 1:07 PM 

The Declaration and Address PERVERTED by the musical bandits.

http://www.piney.com/RMDeclarAddress.html#order

WHAT JESUS COMMANDED TO BE TAUGHT AND OBSERVED

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

First. ALL authority belongs to Jesus Whom God made to be both Lord and Christ and Word and Grace.
Second. The command is to GO and make disciples
Third. The ONLY authority is to teach what Christ taught in the Prophets and Jesus made more certain and the Apostles left for our "memory."
Fourth. The EFFECT of Jesus Christ in Spirit being WITH them is based on the contract: YOU teach what I have commanded you to teach.
Fifth. There is no statute of limitations until Jesus returns and returns the Throne and authority to God.
Sixth. A Church of Christ is built upon (educated by) the Prophets and Apostles who were eye-- and ear-- witnesses.
Seventh. Peter said that COMBO was not subject to private interpretation or further expounding: that would mock the testimony that the Father left of His Son.

http://www.piney.com/2.Peter.1.Prophecy.No.Private.Interpretation.html

Eighth. Anyone who did not TEACH that which is written is marked as a FALSE TEACHER following the pattern of the FALSE PROPHETS.

http://www.piney.com/2.Peter.2.Instrumental.Music.Marks.Corruption.html

Peter SPECIFICIALLY warned about MUSICAL CORRUPTION.

The FALSE TEACHERS do not honor the Father's endorsement of the testimony (prophets and apostles) when they IGNORE direct commands and OUTLAWING of all of the hypocritic arts and artists when they TWIST the Campbell's to let THEM impose that which Christ and the Campbells FORBID. That is anyting you IMPOSE to deliberately sow discord so you can get your too-close--for--comfort companions a HOLY PLACE to stand and claim to be speaking for God.

2. That although the Church of Christ upon earth must necessarily exist in particular and distinct societies, locally separate one from another, yet there ought to be no schisms, no uncharitable divisions among them. They ought to receive each other as Christ Jesus hath also received them, to the glory of God.

And for this purpose they ought all to walk by the same rule, to mind and speak the same thing; and to be perfectly joined together in the same mind, and in the same judgment.

The ANTI-Biblical and therefore ANTI-Christian churches mock this as impossible. However, Paul repeated Christ's command for the church in the wilderness. SELF-pleasure OUTLAWS all of the music and performing artists:

Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Romans 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification [EDUCATION]
Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,
that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Romans 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Any DISCIPLE can understand this without being a detested "rationalists" in the words of John Mark Hicks who claims that the Campbells did NOT get their "hermeneutics" from the bible.

3. That in order to this, nothing ought to be inculcated upon Christians as articles of faith;
nor required of them as terms of communion,
but what is expressly taught and enjoined upon them in the word of God.
Nor ought anything to be admitted, as of Divine obligation, in their Church constitution and managements, (Locke LT)

http://www.piney.com/LockeTol.html#But

but what is expressly enjoined [epitak-tos injunctions, orders] by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ and his apostles upon the New Testament Church; either in express terms or by approved precedent.

The ANTIs claim that YOU cannot forbid me from adding anything which is not EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN. The instrumental idolaters REST on the CURSE of the Sacrificial system which THEY think was God's ORIGINAL command for "congregational singing with instrumental accompaniment."

4. That although the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inseparably connected, making together but one perfect and entire revelation of the Divine will, for the edification and salvation of the Church, and therefore in that respect can not be separated;

yet as to what directly and properly belongs to their immediate object, the New Testament is as for the worship, discipline, and government of the New Testament Church, and as perfect a rule for the particular duties of its members,

as the Old Testament was for the worship, discipline, and government of the Old Testament Church, and the particular duties of its members. (Declaration And Address)

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Contemporary Christian Music and the "Upbeat Worship"

June 4 2013, 2:13 PM 

"Contemporary Christian Music" (CCM) goes hand in hand with the "Community Church Movement" (also CCM). The emphasis is more about the "worship service" seeker than about the truth seeker -- the truth being the pure and unadulterated gospel of Christ.

"The community church movement is not unique to churches of Christ. In fact, it has grown out of a denominational background. The chief models are the Willow Creek Community Church in Illinois and the Saddleback Community Church in California. The textbook for the movement is The Purpose Driven Church by Rick Warren, pastor of the Saddleback Community Church." (Alan E. Highers, "A Survey of the Community Church Movement")

Contemporary music is "upbeat worship."

It is sad and unfortunate that most of our "mega" churches of Christ [Madison included] have fallen into this trap. This is more evident in Madison's situation where the newly employed "Worship Leader" is promoting this type of "worship service" atmosphere.

(I would not be surprised that while members left in droves when the "Praise Team" act of worship was implemented a decade ago, the current "worship service" environment, headed by Chris Lindsey, is driving more members away from Madison. Time will tell.)

This is going way beyond what the New Testament prescribes. In the first place, "musical worship" was not evident in the New Testament assembly in the first century. The emphasis or command then was to "the word of Christ dwell in you RICHLY" and to speak to admonish and teach one another in psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. ("Speaking and teaching in psalms" does not mean "playing instruments while singing in psalms.")

Sadly, the "Worship Leader" is taking over the "leadership" role in the assembly -- away from the "authoritarian" elders, now known as the "kinder and gentler 'shepherds.'" Should I say that as a result of the weakening "leadership" of the elders ("shepherds"), the entertaining "musical worship" has gotten out of control? "Musical Worship" is NOW the BIG thing -- with both: (1) the observance of the Lord's Supper and (2) the teaching [barely] of God's truth being part [under the umbrella] of the entertaining musical worship.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter