Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Prepositions (OF, IN) That Trouble Biblical Scholars and Trinitarians

January 4 2014, 3:29 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

January 5 2014, 4:20 PM 

Used for belonging to, relating to, or connected with:

The secret OF this game is that you cant ever win.
The highlight OF the show is at the end.
The first page OF the book describes the authors profile.
Dont touch it. Thats the bag OF my friends sister.
I always dreamed OF being rich and famous.

Spirit literally means ONLY a WIND. A wind which results from a MIND is called A BREATH.

SPIRIT can never be A person but the mental disposition OF that person which may be expressed as the WILL of the MIND which thought.

In the text, the Spirit OF Christ is the Spirit OF God or the MIND of God.

If the Spirit OF God is another "god" then the Almighty is OUT OF HIS MIND: that's why trinitarians are ANTI-Christs but everyone gets the right to be an ANTICHRIST but NO ONE gets to decide the consequences.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

January 6 2014, 10:16 PM 

Dr. Bill Crump, an avid grammarian, stated this earlier:
Remember, the preposition "OF" in "the Spirit OF God/Christ/the Lord" can be interpreted a number of different ways. The beautiful fact about that is that all those interpretations work well. It's still a matter of personal choice.

Let's test Bill's assertion (since the following is a statement of the Roman Catholic belief):

1. Mary, the "mother of Jesus," mentioned in John 2:1,3; Acts 1:14;
2. "Blessed art thou among women" (Luke 1:42) in the Rosary prayer;
3. "Blessed is the fruit of thy womb" (1:43) in the Rosary prayer;
4. Since "Jesus IS God" is in the Catholic Trinity Creed. . .
5. ... and since Mary is "the mother of Jesus," it follows. . .

... Therefore, addressing "the Virgin Mary" as "O Holy Mother of God" (based on a "personal choice" of interpretations) is a "beautiful fact" and should "work well" for Bill?

Respond to this message   
Servant
(no login)

Insanity is Not Always Lost on the Insane

January 6 2014, 10:30 PM 

Insanity: doing/saying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Respond to this message   
Ken
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Insanity is Not Always Lost on the Insane

January 6 2014, 10:42 PM 

I take my medications every day!

Hey! How about SANGING the same NOT COMMANDED songs over and over and over as an ACT of Worship when the command is to SPEAK that which is written for our learning. I began singing out of some "colored book" at about age 5 or so. I quit letting people destroy me at about 57. And I can gladly report that I could not sing a single verse of a single song. We REPEAT, REPEAT or rehearse because that is the only way to learn so it sticks past dismissal ACT.

APT elders are commanded to Teach that which has been taught.

Well, you are correct of course: He did NOT say "thou shalt not SANG Fanny Crosby or Twila Paris for your testesterone depletion."

Smile: they will think that you are thinking.

Respond to this message   
Servant
(no login)

Smile

January 7 2014, 9:08 AM 

Ken,
Smile: I certainly hope they do.
happy.gif

However, your verbal tirade may sway them yet. Keep offering them the kool-aid. Donnie says that the views are over 400%. If the educated pharisees couldn't get it, then maybe there is hope for your masses.

Just remember Ken....God will triumph! He has and will!

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Smile

January 7 2014, 12:53 PM 

My assignment is not to convert but confirm that the neo-trinity manufactured by LU and the rise of the Babylon Mother of Harlots with her speakers, singers and instrument players have TAKEN THE MARK and the Harlot Worship is simply PROOF in Revelation 18 that the LAMPS have been removed (the seven Spirits OF Divine knowledge. Isaiah 11) and they are already being "consumed by the breath (spirit) of their own minds. Remember that song from The Book of Enoch confirmed by JUDE: "No turning back, no turning back."

1Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
1Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Peter 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christs sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1Peter 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
1Peter 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other mens matters.
1Peter 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
1Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Peter 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
1Peter 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Randy Lowry collecting all of the CONFLICT (heresy) producing, says that we must COLLABORATE with them in their sin. After all, Spiritual Formation and Ignatian Retreats are defined as WITCHCRAFT or SORCERY trying to IMAGINE a new set of scriptures for themselves.

Luke 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Luke 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
Luke 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

Jesus called the Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites: in Ezekiel 33 the Spirit OF Christ (breathed) in the Prophets identifies these men as Preachers who strut and wave, singers, instrument players AND all of the audience who goes out seeking entertainment knowing that they have no intention of obeying the Word. Because the "ugab" or "organ" type love, the PERSONA is the mark Jesus sent when Abadddon-Apollyon is unleashed with the Locusts or MUSES as their Musical Worship Leader.

The spirit Rick Atchley heard telling him that God WANTED HIM to impose the musical mocking of Christ and His Word is A FACT:

II .(a). SPIRITUM Phoebus [Phoebus Apollo] mihi, Phoebus artem Carminis dedit, poetic spirit or inspiration, Camenae, spiritus ore tonat the desiring, coveting soul),

The SPIRITUM of what Randy Lowry confesses as a bonding of ACU, PEPPERDINE AND LU (and we add NACC)

The hiss of a snake, Verg. Cul. 180.
Flatulence, INFLO B. In partic., to play upon a wind instrument: inflare cavas cicutas, Lucr. 5, 1383: calamos leves, Verg. E. 5, 2. Absol., to blow: simul inflavit tibicen, a perito carmen agnoscitur, Cic. Ac. 2, 27, 86. With cognate acc.: sonum, Cic. de Or. 3, 60, 225. puffed, bepraised,sermonibus
2. Transf., swelled up, swollen, puffed up: serpens

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

January 7 2014, 1:38 PM 

Servant need not worry too much about this thread. I now frequently visit, because all this haggling over rather academic issues provides a bit of comical diversion to my day. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

January 8 2014, 4:00 AM 

Bill,

While you and Servant seem to be more friendly to each other these days, why don't you both discuss instrumental music in "worship." Let this forum know who convinces whom.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

January 6 2014, 10:51 PM 

Servant,

Which one are you referring to:

(1) The common saying: "Repetition is the mother of [the key to] learning"

-------------------- or --------------------

(2) The most repeated "Hail Marys" in the Rosary Prayer:

rosaryp.gif

Good to hear from you!

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

January 6 2014, 11:16 PM 

The preposition "OF" regarding "the Spirit OF God" has been discussed extensively in other threads. Since Donnie wasn't getting the all-positive responses that he had initially desired, he created this thread to exploit "OF" further (while including "IN" for a bit of variety). Of course, the arguments about "OF" from both sides have not changed, and they never will change. Now is that insanity or what? happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

NEXT: "God IN Christ Jesus" VERSUS "God IS Christ Jesus"

January 7 2014, 12:17 AM 

The main objective here is to present the unbiased truth as revealed in the Scripture.

Bill, your memory is that short? Read the initial post again (and again, if necessary). It will reveal to YOU the intent of this thread:

===================================
OK, we are not discussing the troublesome preposition "OF" at this time -- it is being presented here only for your "recollection" as we are about to bring up another preposition that is also troublesome to many biblical scholars and Trinitarian followers.

And what is that other preposition? We're finding out now.

. . .

And now ... Scripture's remark above: "The revelation of Christ ... the understanding that God was IN Christ."

I'm presenting the following passages with the preposition "IN" used in expressions involving God and Christ:

[... and there were at least 11 passages presented that were all ignored by Bill....]

===================================

Are you ready to discuss "God IN Christ Jesus," Bill?

The number of page views for January 6, 2014 far exceeded the usual daily stats by 400%. I would attribute this to the discussion of the ever- challenging and controversial doctrinal issue regarding the man-made Trinity Creed. The Holy Scripture has much to say about "the holy Spirit OF God" and nothing about the man-made designation of the Third Person "God" that the Trinity dogma espouses.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.250.192 on Jan 7, 2014 2:49 AM

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

Say What?

January 7 2014, 3:25 AM 

Donnie, is YOUR memory short? Read the title of YOUR own lead post again (and again if necessary): Prepositions (OF, IN) That Trouble Biblical Scholars and Trinitarians

If you don't want to discuss "OF," then do NOT include it in the title of your thread. BTW, you then turned around and made a pitch about "OF" in your red-lettered paragraph: "The Holy Scripture has much to say about "the holy Spirit OF God" and nothing about the man-made designation of the Third Person "God" that the Trinity dogma espouses."

So you really DO want to continue to discuss "OF" after all.

I'll pass on the "IN" business. Unlike you, I don't have a problem with it. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Say What?

January 8 2014, 3:08 AM 

Bill,

My memory may be short. But I think your memory is much shorter than mine. I let the MS/Word do the accounting for me. There were 218 words (20%) in the post related to the preposition "OF"; the remaining 1,047 words (80%) presented the premise that the preposition "IN" is troublesome to certain Bible scholars and Trinitarians.

Your short memory or lack of attention to details and specifics you detest is evidenced by the very first responses from YOU, Bill. So, read your initial responses again (and again, if necessary) -- they all dealt with the preposition "OF" and NOTHING with the preposition "IN."

I'm not really expecting you to discuss the preposition "IN" because, in spite of your grammar expertise, you are unprepared to deal with what the Scripture really teaches.

Respond to this message   
Servant
(no login)

Denial Doesn't Negate the Truth....Ever

January 7 2014, 1:17 PM 

Donnie,
Are you a democrat? You preach the "the holy Spirit of God" and denounce Trinity, yet you have espoused many threads on Jesus not being Jesus until 2000 years ago, and thus being separate from God. You continue to present your "unbiased" denial that John 1 clearly states that Jesus (the Word) is God.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Denial Doesn't Negate the Truth....Ever

January 7 2014, 4:03 PM 

The word was WITH God because the word WAS God. A word is something you articulate when you breath (spirit). God's Word is God as certainly as God's Spirit (the Spirit OF God) is God. However, you despise God by saying that He was not smart enough to say: "And the Word was JESUS." Why do you think people despise God so much that they blaspheme Him. That may be why trinitarians are not able to read beyond the "sacred verse."

John 1:27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoes latchet I am not worthy to unloose.
John 1:28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.
John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Oh! Jesus is now the LAMB OF God. I thought He WAS God.

John 1:30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a MAN which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

John 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.
John 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
John 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
John 1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the SON of God.

Now, He is not GOD but the SON of God: He is not declared the SON of God until after the Son obeyed the Father and was baptized. Does that mean that Jesus of Nazareth born about 2000 years ago was NOT the Son of God from Eternity raised to the Eternity power? Then, He could not be the SEED of Abraham and there you have God just flat lying again and again.

Respond to this message   
Servant
(no login)

God Overall or in 3 Persons?

January 7 2014, 5:21 PM 

Ken said "Now, He is not GOD but the SON of God:..."

John 1
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

If the Word was God (1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God) and the Word became flesh then YES Jesus is God (logic 101, for you engineers and computer dudes). Now this is where Donnie interjects the notion about to tell me that the Word didn't take on the name of Jesus until He became flesh. We know that but it still doesn't alter the principle. Whether Jesus took on the name of Jesus 2000 years ago or not, the Scriptures tell us that He was/is God.

God doesn't lie Ken.....humans do. Know what I mean?

This is what makes no sense about Donnie and you claiming to be anti-Trinity. With your attitude of Jesus being separate from God, it is YOU two that makes the case for the Trinity. Smile Ken, because here it comes again.

Insanity: doing and saying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

You think they will know what I mean this time around?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: God Overall or in 3 Persons?

January 8 2014, 4:21 AM 

Servant,

I just posted several passages that strongly indicate that there is only ONE GOD -- the Father. These passages also clearly make the distinction between: (1) "God the Father" and (2) the Father's Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. (Sorry, the Trinity's SEPARATE "Holy Spirit" is missing in the salutation and in relationship.)

Yes, the Father and the Son "are one" (John 10:30) -- that simply means "UNITED."

I have not said "that the Word didn't take on the name of Jesus until He became flesh."

I strongly maintain what the Scripture simply says in John 1:1,14 that "the Word" in the beginning was made flesh some 2000 years ago.

This was a transformation: (1) from origination ... (2) to destination. Simple logic 101: "A" became "B"; therefore, "B" was not "B" to begin with.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

January 8 2014, 11:27 AM 

According to Donnie, the readership is up 400%. I don't know how much anyone is "learning," what with Donnie and Ken saying one thing and the rest of us saying something else. Perhaps readers enjoy seeing us jumping from thread to thread, haggling over and beating the same old topics to smithereens. For example, we've been all through this Jesus-is-not-the-Word-and-didn't-exist-until-2000-years-ago business many times before in other threads, just like we've been all through the "OF" business, and this site even managed to turn the Trinity into the spiritual equivalent of Dr. Frankenstein's monster. Yet here we are again in another thread, squawking and squabbling about those same three topics. I guess the many readers see all this repetition and dissention as entertaining. No wonder they keep coming back. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

January 8 2014, 11:41 PM 

Stop complaining, brother. You've been RECITING the Trinity Pledge as frequently as the Roman Catholic PRAYING the Hail Mary.

I would not insult the intelligence of the readers.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 514 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter