Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Ukraine Viewing

April 6 2014 at 12:00 AM
Donnie Cruz  (Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 99.177.250.192

During the last few weeks, the number of page views outside of the U.S. has vastly increased for both Ukraine and Russia. We may attribute this to the current situation in that part of the world.

This is the first time that Ukraine or any other country has surpassed the U.S. in number of page views (as of this writing today):

Ukraine .............. 39.5%
United States ........ 32.3%
Russian Federation ... 12.7%
All Others ........... 15.5%

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Servant
(no login)

News is News

April 6 2014, 9:02 AM 

Now, Donnie, this is more like it.....Stick to world events. Something you guys can handle. So, my response.....KEEP it always on the US and worldly news. Stay away from your constant battering and belittling of Christians.
We may attribute this large coverage to the fact that the US news is not as good as it used to. What about the coverage of the news media to the disappearance to the Malaysian jetliner? The US news about homosexuals being given equality with heterosexually married couples isn't newsworthy, because Europe already has given their consent to such. They want REAL news.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

CM is still a religious forum

April 6 2014, 2:06 PM 

Dave, the intent of this thread is to provide some stats regarding this religious discussion board's readership. We may do this once in a while to satisfy one's curiosity. In particular, both Ukraine and the Russian Fed. are among the top viewers below the U.S., but this report has really caught my attention -- a rather unsual one.

The question is why the increase in percentages. Is it due to the ["Google"] search for "concerned" ... "Church of Christ" ... "change" ... "change agents" ... "progressive" ... "Trinity" ... "instrumental music" ... etc.? Who knows?

What did you mean by "the US and worldly news" (with the emphasis on "worldly")? happy.gif

No, this religious forum is not the substitute for the U.S. news or for reporting social or political issues and world events.

Yes, this religious forum will continue to be about the change agents and their schemes to subvert the church that Christ established, with their intent to conform to the doctrines and teachings of their denominational neighbors. (There seems to be some "awakening" going on and weakening in their efforts as "entertaining worship" followers ["truth seekers" is the progressive term] are finding out that "holy entertainment" already exists in Charismatic and denominational churches. In fact, "holy entertainment," when incorporated into the church assembly, drives many of its own members away with only a few non-members to replace them.)

Exposing false teachings and doctrines is not equivalent to belittling of Christians.

Respond to this message   
Servant
(no login)

Read-Only is the Only Way to Go

April 6 2014, 8:41 PM 

Donnie,
You said "There seems to be some "awakening" going on and weakening in their efforts as "entertaining worship" followers ["truth seekers" is the progressive term] are finding out that "holy entertainment" already exists in Charismatic and denominational churches."

Why would you say that "There seems to be...." without data to follow? You do that quite often. 'In your mind' doesn't qualify as facts. You assume and conjure up stories to scare people into believing what you would have them to believe. As you can see, Donnie, people aren't being mislead by you and your assumptions. The only scaring you are doing....is scaring people away from this site. Now that....is a fact. No one posts here, except the few that continue to warn others about this site. Bill is as near a narcissist as I have ever seen, but he is right on one point (Bill, sorry, but one point doesn't mean ALL--> a mind of a narcissist)...that point being you could stop all of this by not just editing and deleting some of my posts, as you have done in the past, but by just making it a 'read-only site.' It is the only way you can ever be right and not have to prove it.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Read-Only is the Only Way to Go

April 6 2014, 9:40 PM 

Servant,

It's good that you pay attention to details. However, there is a difference between "there seems to be" and "there is." One is based on observation or gut-feeling; the other on facts.

I'll leave my statement as is: "There seems to be...." Based on my observation. I believe that readers are intelligent enough to discern when numerical data is or is not provided.

By the way, "holy entertainment" is characteristic of Community Churches and other progressive churches in their "worship" centers.

Perhaps, you and Bill can agree to discuss instrumental music in the assembly. That would make a lively, interesting thread. As you know, the "Respond" button will always be there.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

Re: Ukraine Viewing

April 6 2014, 12:36 PM 

It has been posed that this site's allegedly large readership (especially from foreign countries) means people are "learning." Since virtually none of the outside readership is asking for further enlightenment by posting questions or comments in the threads, what indicators are you using to show that this large readership is indeed "learning"? Evidence of readership learning comes through readership feedback. Where's the feedback?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 6 2014, 2:28 PM 

Maybe we should not underestimate YOUR ability to enlighten readers without their posting questions or comments to you.

You brought up a good point: readership feedback is evidence of learning. A good example of this is Bill. So, when Bill responds to posts unfavorable to his stance, he is learning; otherwise, he is not. Hmm. [Just following the reasoning posed.]

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

April 6 2014, 2:45 PM 

So, I gather that Donnie really has no specific indicators to show whether the readership as a whole is learning anything or not. It's just basically his wishful thinking that vast readership = much learning. LOL! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 6 2014, 5:19 PM 

Perhaps none ... and you may be right about that.

Well, you do have one indicator -- I gave an example of it: you.

Wishful thinking may not be a bad idea.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

April 6 2014, 3:10 PM 

Donnie:

1. Since it's quite obvious that only you and Ken are the principal posters on this site;

2. Since the overwhelming majority of the outside readership has chosen not to post anything here;

3. Since you and Ken have somehow convinced yourselves that a vast readership = much learning;

4. Since you and Ken couldn't care less whether anyone else posts here or not;

5. Then why not make CM a read-only site? You and Ken would continue to post your own special brand of "theology." The only difference is that there would be no way for anyone to take issue with you. I gather you would really prefer that anyway. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 6 2014, 5:32 PM 

There were three -- that included you, many thought.

Two is a good number.

Matt. 11[2] Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples....

Matt. 18[20] For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Matt. 22[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Mark 6[7] And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits....

Mark 11[1] And when they came nigh to Jerusalem, unto Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount of Olives, he sendeth forth two of his disciples....

Just a few examples, Bill.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

April 6 2014, 5:58 PM 

So, in a circuitous way, you are saying that having only two like-minded posters (you and Ken) is the ideal for this site. Once again, why not go ahead and make this just a read-only site? It's basically that anyway now. All you have to do is inactivate the "Respond to this message" buttons, and no one will ever be able to take issue with you and Ken here ever again. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 6 2014, 6:43 PM 

All that Bill has to do is NOT to click the "Respond to this message" button in order to stop his agony. We'll see. (I think I already know -- he wants to prolong a "non-issue" issue of his own.)

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

April 6 2014, 8:33 PM 

OK, so Donnie prefers to keep the "Respond" button active, despite the fact that it has become virtually obsolete on this site. That makes perfect sense. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 6 2014, 9:07 PM 

Bill,

You just proved my point.

Please stop agonizing over the "Respond" button. If nothing else, it's kept to enable you to respond. Would you not want to be heard?

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

April 6 2014, 9:23 PM 

Who's "agonizing"? I'm just "funnin'" with Donnie, who takes himself so very seriously. Of course, to "fun" with him, I do have to use the "Respond" button. BUT, if it were not there, then I couldn't "fun" with Donnie, and there wouldn't be any non-issue posts (his words) for him to review.

So, since the useless "Respond" button is still there and since virtually no one is using it for much of anything "serious," I might as well use it for a bit of levity. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 6 2014, 5:28 PM 

Donnie I am sure that the Eastern European Missions is very active in the Ukraine.

They have wobbled toward the unbiblical stance on the music and probably other issues.

It would be good if someone responded so we can get in contact. It is important that everyone understands that the Historic Church of Christ is defined by Christ as A School of the Word. It has no reason to get involved in any kind of governmental issues. A Church of Christ can operate anywhere and is not a threat to government. Many in high places have recognized that they have a better citizenry if they are trained in principles of morality.

Based on institutional religionism they have ever reason to be wary of groups claiming to be Christian but are active in opposing the powers ordained.

A Church of Christ does not have any TAXING powers and there is no command for a collection plate which might be seen by some as a threat. In all ages citizen societies have existed to SERVE the poor and not be served.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 6 2014, 8:31 PM 

This report is relevant:

Source: Michael C. Armour Church of Christ in Ukraine

Perhaps, someone can provide additional (or the correct) information regarding the Madison congregation's past [or present] mission efforts in either Ukraine or Russia. There was one Sunday years ago, I recall, when a missionary family returned to the U.S. to report to the congregation progress of its mission efforts.

The "Vision 2000" project (including the construction of the "church mall" and other worship-friendly-to-seekers attractions) may have been too costly [indebtedness extended to several years] for the church to afford mission efforts of that nature in that part of the world.

... not until the congregation's leadership (i.e., the elders -- not the employed-salaried "Worship Leader") makes the Scripture-based decision to return to "the old paths."

Jeremiah 6:16 --
"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 6 2014, 10:37 PM 

We supported EEM until Mike Armour took over. They decided that the people could not read the bible so they rewrote it. Isn't that amazing. The "Let's Talk" program involves some "kids" I knew in Seattle. Their theology may have changed but the get into "places" because the teach reading English by using the Bible. Real shame that NO ONE YOU KNOW thinks anyone can understand without being masticated by parasites.

I have reviewd Mike Armours take on instrumental music: I will clean it up and post a link.

Respond to this message   
William
(no login)

Be careful with your site

April 7 2014, 1:58 AM 

Although it is good to see that international persons are interested in this site for whatever reason, be careful. That part of the world seems to raise up hackers from stones.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter