Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Bill
(no login)

Re: CENI Commands Examples Inferences Part A + B

May 3 2014, 4:51 PM 

Bill, this is not about me: please refrain from opinionating about me. I have a weak stomach!

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 172.243.203.84 on May 3, 2014 9:00 PM

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

May 3 2014, 6:10 PM 

Ken, it seems that either all or the vast majority of your posts revolve around musikators, music, the starry host, or variations of those themes, generously peppered with mythology, fables, and fairy tales. Do you believe that religious discussions have no merit unless they focus on those themes?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 3 2014, 11:18 PM 

Dr. Crump, please see another doctor.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

May 4 2014, 9:17 AM 

Donnie, you do have a sense of humor after all. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

May 4 2014, 9:18 AM 

Donnie, please let Ken respond. He doesn't need you as his mouthpiece.

========================

Bill,

Please know that I was the one who approved your message, not Ken. Ken no longer approves your posts unless they're pertinent to the discussion.

On occasion, he is compelled to respond as when he asked you recently: "Bill, this is not about me: please refrain from opinionating about me...."

His request is simple and straightforward. It can be honored by engaging in the discussion of the subject matter -- not of the messenger.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.250.192 on May 4, 2014 1:47 PM

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

May 4 2014, 2:17 PM 

Yes, Donnie, I know you approved my message. Thank you. On May 3, I simply asked Ken if he thought that religious discussions had no merit unless they focused on mythology, fairy tales, and fables. That is a fair and legitimate question, because Ken does include quite a lot of mythology in virtually all of his posts. If Ken refuses to justify so MUCH mythology, that's his problem, but you need not make second guesses and answer for him. Even Sarge is questioning Ken's mythology with the "Sola Scriptura" posts. As far as all that mythology goes, we may have a "Houston, we have a problem" kind of problem here.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 4 2014, 8:31 PM 

Bill,

No, we do not have a problem here. You do and you are.

Someone else would have understood what this meant: "Please know that I was the one who approved your message, not Ken."

I am not aware of "Ken's [own] mythology [or fairy tables and fables]."

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

May 4 2014, 9:48 PM 

I sense the situation here has reached a kind of "critical mass." Detonation with hell, fire, and damnation are imminent. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 4 2014, 10:23 PM 

Let's not go beyond that "critical" condition then ... and this post. sad.gif Thank you.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

May 4 2014, 9:20 AM 

Ken, that's a two-way street, my friend. That's a two-way street. As they say, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 2 2014, 11:25 AM 

If you insist that the BREATH of God is a PERSON it is a SHE. The Jews held that mother Sophia was the holy spirit. The female of all pagan triads is a dove or spirit. The LAUGHING reminded me of the Babylonian story of Eve which Moses tried to set STRAIGHT happy.gif

Inanna, Ishtar, or Easter got the pagan "god" of wisdom of all world things including the power over the instruments and instrumentalists DRUNK. The Serpent was a musical enchanter(ess) and Moses and Paul knew all about Eve. In the feminist controlled church stealings she followed the pattern by getting everyone drunk on ignorance so they could steal their "temples." Eve is Evah among the pagans meaning ABOMINATION. Now, the daughters of Eve (they boast) worsip Sophia the mother of Zoe have emasculated the males. The pagan trinity among churches of Christ was spawned at the same time USING women and musicians hit. They have been maybe just as effective using male and female choirs or praise teams where all such performance music is called SORCERY and even intends to CHARM the "father" God just as Ishtar-Easter spawning in churches of Christ. The message is out from all recorded testimony on the subject to the way STRAIGHT people see the new style music and drama (the Beast) and FLEE BABYLON.

The Book of Enoch and similar Jewish/Babylonian accounts tell the same story of Satan using mixed-sex choirs, musical instruments and wearing clergy garments (about naked). They seduced the holy Sethites off the Holy Mountain of God's presence down to the land of the Cainites who practiced fertility rituals. The results comparing Exodus 32 and Romans 1 is that homosexual relationships were AROUSED even among parents and children. Secular music has been Satan's weapon to totally corrupt civil and religious life.

"Anath (Ishtar) came upon her divine brother Baal (Tammuz)
"unawares when he was beating his timbrel and perhaps singing.
"The goddess ate her brother's flesh 'without a knife and drank his blood without a cup'.
"The timbrel also was the sacred musical instrument peculiar to the bacchic festivals." M. P. Blavatsky, Isis Unveiled

The Pope still pokes his head through the ephod David wore which was the Babylonian Vulva.

http://www.piney.com/Worship.Androgyny.The.Pagan.Sexual.Ideal.html

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 172.243.203.84 on May 2, 2014 11:41 AM

Respond to this message   
^Sarge
(no login)

May 2 2014, 2:47 PM 

Please, Sola Scriptura (only).

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 3 2014, 12:34 AM 

Sarge,

I concur.

But the problem is that Sola Scriptura is often misunderstood without ... you know ... pictures, images and illustrations.

As the saying goes: "A picture is worth a thousand words."

A_picture_is_worth_a_thousand_words.jpg

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

May 3 2014, 9:18 AM 

It kinda looks like Sarge is asking for more Scriptural references and fewer or no references to mythology, fairy tales, and fables.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 3 2014, 2:03 PM 

If you were that observant and attentive, you would know that there are scriptural references. The images depict what biblical references have already recorded. The images have been there all along historically (and not created by CM). Please read first those numerous scriptural references that you've been skipping or ignoring; if they're not enough, then, ask for more and they'll be provided.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

May 3 2014, 2:52 PM 

Donnie, remember The Shawshank Redemption? Andy Dufresne asked Warden Norton, "How can you be so obtuse...is it deliberate?"

Now, Donnie, since you are something of a "warden" at CM, are you deliberately being obtuse? It looks like I'll have to spell things out for you. Sarge's plea for "Sola Scriptura (only)" was in response to Ken's usual pitch about mythology, fables, and fairy tales. It appeared that Sarge wanted Ken to ditch all that nonsense and concentrate ONLY on Scripture. Surely Ken can "teach" without his endless references to mythology and fables, which do occupy much space in his posts.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 3 2014, 3:29 PM 

But then Kens gotta do what Kens gotta do
So Sarge is a private and Privates have to stew.

No one gets a stripe without being literate
In reading, writing and Arithmetic.

Here are a couple of words Private should know to pass reading 101aaa to understand that his ARMY is fighting against knowledge which sets US free from musical instruments which are defined as "machines for doing work mostly in making war."

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 3 2014, 3:11 PM 

I am a nice guy: so

what Sarge wants
Sarge can get
Until judgement day
he can just throw a fit

We shall have Spock bleed all English knowledge from his brain and we can guess that he wont be able to read a single word in Sola Scriptura Greek or Latin.

Sarge is unable to grasp that the Bible has its power but ONLY when it is PREACHED or made available to everyone to enlighten their own minds by READING the Word for Comfort and Doctrine. No one who obeys by the reading of the Prophets and Apostles will be able--even when hallucinating--to grasp that self-speaking (marks of the sons of the Devil says Jesus), or performance or clergy singing is not OUTLAWED (for those who define the words)

However, that leaves them with only ONE SIDE OF THE PLOT. From Genesis to Revelation the Bible presents the SPIRITUAL antithesis to the PAGAN liturgical "worship rituals." Most and close to all posting by The-O-Lites fall into a frenzy of abuse when you try to REINTRODUCE the Classics OFTEN used by Scripture as the PATTERN of what NOT TO DO.

However, we are just whistling in the cemetery because while they use tidbits of scripture to claim that we are Bible-based they confess that a Holy Spirit person speaks to them saying that Scripture has been obsoleted by our CHANGING CULTURE. "Conservative" professionals will not stoop to discussing the Word once they have some level of "tenure." That forces ALL OF US to return to the God-given plan that we are Baptized in water INTO THE WORD or into the School of Christ. Because we ALL have copies of that which is written for our LEARNING since Gutenberg, we should be READING the Scriptures all week. Preachers grasp that they are caught still manufacturing Buggy Whips that may be why they are now trained as rhetoricians, singers and instrument players hoping that those who feed them will be CHARMED as the musicians were always used to CHARM their gods: that's why all clergy musical terms and names of instruments are defined as "organs" of warfare or SORCERY.

LITURGY intended to deprive the common people of that which God commanded for OUR learning SO the world had to await the retrieval of the Classical Greek literature (used by me to lump all Greek literature) as well as Bibles printed for the "plowboys). Therefore the world was dark and ignorant.

The Humanists made classical learning available to the common people. Our historic scholars before the Neo-Dark Ages were language and literature literate. They prove that they had copies of the Classical literature read in the original languages as well as the 'church fathers' who never ceased defending what Calvin and the Campbells restored--momentarily.

Secular Institutions use large staff full time to keep God happy and keep contact in the new NAVELS or worship centerS. People may get offended (especially if they read Romans 1) but church literature, like temples, were female bodies and especially Irish churches had that lady with the large VULVA over the door which you stroked on entering.

The direct command, approved examples and necessary inferences--IF church is A School of the Word--is that people ASSembled themselves together once a week to mutually confess and LEARN OF JESUS by "using one mind and one mouth to speak that which is written for our learning" or "Scripture for our comfort."

Respond to this message   
^Sarge
(no login)

May 3 2014, 6:07 PM 

Question: "What is sola scriptura?"

Answer: The phrase sola scriptura is from the Latin: sola having the idea of alone, ground, base, and the word scriptura meaning writings-referring to the Scriptures. Sola scriptura means that Scripture alone is authoritative for the faith and practice of the Christian. The Bible is complete, authoritative, and true. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).

Sola scriptura was the rallying cry of the Protestant Reformation. For centuries the Roman Catholic Church had made its traditions superior in authority to the Bible. This resulted in many practices that were in fact contradictory to the Bible. Some examples are prayer to saints and/or Mary, the immaculate conception, transubstantiation, infant baptism, indulgences, and papal authority. Martin Luther, the founder of the Lutheran Church and father of the Protestant Reformation, was publicly rebuking the Catholic Church for its unbiblical teachings. The Catholic Church threatened Martin Luther with excommunication (and death) if he did not recant. Martin Luther's reply was, Unless therefore I am convinced by the testimony of Scripture, or by the clearest reasoning, unless I am persuaded by means of the passages I have quoted, and unless they thus render my conscience bound by the Word of God, I cannot and will not retract, for it is unsafe for a Christian to speak against his conscience. Here I stand, I can do no other; may God help me! Amen!

The primary Catholic argument against sola scriptura is that the Bible does not explicitly teach sola scriptura. Catholics argue that the Bible nowhere states that it is the only authoritative guide for faith and practice. While this is true, they fail to recognize a crucially important issue. We know that the Bible is the Word of God. The Bible declares itself to be God-breathed, inerrant, and authoritative. We also know that God does not change His mind or contradict Himself. So, while the Bible itself may not explicitly argue for sola scriptura, it most definitely does not allow for traditions that contradict its message. Sola scriptura is not as much of an argument against tradition as it is an argument against unbiblical, extra-biblical and/or anti-biblical doctrines. The only way to know for sure what God expects of us is to stay true to what we know He has revealedthe Bible. We can know, beyond the shadow of any doubt, that Scripture is true, authoritative, and reliable. The same cannot be said of tradition.

The Word of God is the only authority for the Christian faith. Traditions are valid only when they are based on Scripture and are in full agreement with Scripture. Traditions that contradict the Bible are not of God and are not a valid aspect of the Christian faith. Sola scriptura is the only way to avoid subjectivity and keep personal opinion from taking priority over the teachings of the Bible. The essence of sola scriptura is basing your spiritual life on the Bible alone and rejecting any tradition or teaching that is not in full agreement with the Bible. Second Timothy 2:15 declares, Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

Sola scriptura does not nullify the concept of church traditions. Rather, sola scriptura gives us a solid foundation on which to base church traditions. There are many practices, in both Catholic and Protestant churches, that are the result of traditions, not the explicit teaching of Scripture. It is good, and even necessary, for the church to have traditions. Traditions play an important role in clarifying and organizing Christian practice. At the same time, in order for these traditions to be valid, they must not be in disagreement with Gods Word. They must be based on the solid foundation of the teaching of Scripture. The problem with the Roman Catholic Church, and many other churches, is that they base traditions on traditions which are based on traditions which are based on traditions, often with the initial tradition not being in full harmony with the Scriptures. That is why Christians must always go back to sola scriptura, the authoritative Word of God, as the only solid basis for faith and practice.

On a practical matter, a frequent objection to the concept of sola scriptura is the fact that the canon of the Bible was not officially agreed upon for at least 250 years after the church was founded. Further, the Scriptures were not available to the masses for over 1500 years after the church was founded. How, then, were early Christians to use sola scriptura, when they did not even have the full Scriptures? And how were Christians who lived before the invention of the printing press supposed to base their faith and practice on Scripture alone if there was no way for them to have a complete copy of the Scriptures? This issue is further compounded by the very high rates of illiteracy throughout history. How does the concept of sola scriptura handle these issues?

The problem with this argument is that it essentially says that Scriptures authority is based on its availability. This is not the case. Scriptures authority is universal; because it is Gods Word, it is His authority. The fact that Scripture was not readily available, or that people could not read it, does not change the fact that Scripture is Gods Word. Further, rather than this being an argument against sola scriptura, it is actually an argument for what the church should have done, instead of what it did. The early church should have made producing copies of the Scriptures a high priority. While it was unrealistic for every Christian to possess a complete copy of the Bible, it was possible that every church could have some, most, or all of the Scriptures available to it. Early church leaders should have made studying the Scriptures their highest priority so they could accurately teach it. Even if the Scriptures could not be made available to the masses, at least church leaders could be well-trained in the Word of God. Instead of building traditions upon traditions and passing them on from generation to generation, the church should have copied the Scriptures and taught the Scriptures (2 Timothy 4:2).

Again, traditions are not the problem. Unbiblical traditions are the problem. The availability of the Scriptures throughout the centuries is not the determining factor. The Scriptures themselves are the determining factor. We now have the Scriptures readily available to us. Through the careful study of Gods Word, it is clear that many church traditions which have developed over the centuries are in fact contradictory to the Word of God. This is where sola scriptura applies. Traditions that are based on, and in agreement with, Gods Word can be maintained. Traditions that are not based on, and/or disagree with, Gods Word must be rejected. Sola scriptura points us back to what God has revealed to us in His Word. Sola scriptura ultimately points us back to the God who always speaks the truth, never contradicts Himself, and always proves Himself to be dependable.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/sola-scriptura.html#ixzz30gzDygtD

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 3 2014, 9:06 PM 

Thanks, Sarge. An excellent article explaining to those who may not know what "sola scriptura" means.

ConcernedMembers agrees -- "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (II Tim. 3:16).

Know that the Holy Scripture speaks of both good and evil in humankind. It cannot be denied that idolatry, including musical idolatry, is frequently described in the Bible.

Images of idolatry, of musical idolatry, from a historical perspective are presented here by design to illustrate and provide evidences for what the Holy Scripture has already revealed.

The message? We don't need inanimate objects and holy entertainment to worship and honor our heavenly Father. It is that simple. As simple as "sola scriptura."

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 59 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter