Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Sarge
(no login)

Re: When Congregational Singing Becomes Perverted

June 5 2014, 10:43 PM 

Donnie, I submitted a post today about "Preferences". It has been about 10 hours ago. Ken (with his look ahead ability) kinda gave a small response (about 7 hours ago) to let me know he had read my post. My post has not yet been published.

Donnie, I have always thought you were a good moderator. However, I will not tolerate this lack of moderation any more. Just tell me if I need to leave.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 5 2014, 11:33 PM 

Yes, Bill, Ken quotes the Bible more than many of the preachers and teachers around -- conservative or liberal. In addition, he has history on his side.

"ALL VOCAL MUSIC." Guess what, Bill. I did a search in this thread on "all vocal" and found that expression 6 times [as of this writing] -- all coming from your [Bill's] posts. I did a search in this thread on "all vocal music" -- all 6 times from your posts, Bill. That tells me that you just may not be paying real attention to details.

There is a colossal difference between: "vocal music" and "ALL vocal music."

Now, concerning "vocal music," it depends on what the [normal female: illustrated below] VOCAL CORDS EMIT:

2011-09-16_vid7_rig_str-002304-stmid.jpg

Vocal music becomes an issue:

1. When the emphasis is on the ("TUNEFUL") music rather than the message
2. When it is PERFORMED [esp. when applause follows]
3. When the message is devoid of "the word of Christ."

Bill, there may be something distorted about your perception of "vocal music" versus "ALL vocal music."

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2014, 12:05 AM 

Sorry Charlie (or in this case Donnie), but even if you own this site, you can't go there! Ken has taken liberties ALWAYS with the Word when he continually blasphemously condemns a capella. So give Ken another slap on the back and tell him thanks for the fleecing follies.

Keep sweeping as hard as you might, but it is still a sin.

You and Ken can continue your slander of me....Like the saying goes, 'if you take it out on me, then you are giving someone else a break'...but if you condone Ken's actions....then you sin also.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT
DELAY DELAY DELAY DELAY

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 5 2014, 12:35 AM 

Sorry, Dave (Servant), you're speaking of a cappella as defined today whereas Ken is speaking of a cappella based on its historical origin. When you reach a point of understanding the historical background of a cappella, you will appreciate that knowledge.

When you defend the use of instrumental music in the assembly of New Testament saints, you defend just as well (or perhaps even more) the "worship team" performing on stage. You're loving the performances [don't you?] because it is "a cappella" as defined by you. Can you hardly wait when your "a cappella Praise Team" and muscial instruments perform together?

Sin? Dave, I would leave that to "the righteous Judge"!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2014, 9:21 AM 

Donnie said "Sin? Dave, I would leave that to "the righteous Judge"!"

You sound like your president Obama and his liberal cohorts.

Got the Word of God to tell you what is right and wrong, but still you don't want "to judge" anyone.

You bespeak the homosexual agenda that if God is Love and He loves everyone then how could two men or two women "in love" be wrong.

So be afraid to use the Sword, the Word, to tell people the difference between right and wrong, but not me.

Respond to this message   
Sarge
(no login)

When Congregational Singing Becomes A Preference

June 5 2014, 12:10 PM 

Donnie, thanks for sharing your preference on vocal tuneful "Congregational Singing". Some may want it and some may not. I think we need to give Ken plenty of room, "preference" may very well be a new concept for him.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 6 2014, 12:06 AM 

Dave,

We know very well about the change agents in the "brotherhood" and their progressive (liberal) agenda for any church of Christ they're trying to transition or convert to Community Church-ism. The change agents' religious ideologies are comparable to those of Barack, Harry and Nancy -- the awesome threesome. By the way, Barack is their president. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: When Congregational Singing Becomes A Preference

June 6 2014, 12:28 AM 

Not quite, Sarge.

I do preferences when I go shopping. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Sarge
(no login)

June 6 2014, 1:00 AM 

Ken SHIT in your nest. Preferences would now have to include IM. It's over. Goodbye.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 6 2014, 1:25 AM 

Needless to say that IM is a preference in many Protestant Churches (and in very few churches of Christ that have converted to the Community Church). That may not be the case in many poor countries where musical instruments are not affordable, although the preference.

The majority (some 99.9%) of church of Christ congregations is still non-instrumental.

The Primitive Baptist Church is one of a few exceptions among Protestant Churches -- it does not use instrumental music. However, Progressive Primitive [sounds contradictory] Baptists utilize instrumental music in worship.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 6 2014, 3:35 PM 

Everyone gets their preferences but they never seem to change my Bibles.

When people use the "preference pattern" they mean that MY preference is that I want to impose performance singing always leading to instruments" into YOUR congregation and YOUR preference is to "get over it or get out."

The foulness reminds me that Jesus CAST OUT the musical minstrels "more or less violently as one ejects dung." It turns out that in Athens the same city official regulated the practices and pay of the flute-girls (synonym for prostitute) and also the DUNG HEAP.

10.[909b] or open to bribes, despise men, charming the souls of many of the living, and claiming that they charm the souls of the dead, and promising to persuade the gods by bewitching them, as it were, with sacrifices, prayers and incantations, 1 and who try thus to wreck utterly not only individuals, but whole families [Oikia household] and States for the sake of money,--if any of these men be pronounced guilty, the court shall order him to be imprisoned according to law in the mid-country jail,

Nah. 3:4 Because of the multitude of the whoredoms of the wellfavoured harlot, the mistress of witchcrafts, that selleth nations through her whoredoms, and families through her witchcrafts.

The Latin maleficia is maleficium 1. Fraud, deception, adulteration 4 A hired mourner: The "præficæ" were the women who chanted the "nænia" .

Praeficae Women who were hired to act as mourners at Roman funerals (Plaut. Truc.ii. 6 Truc., 14). They went before the corpse, with their heads bared, their locks disheveled, uttering cries of lamentation and chanting dirges (neniae) mournful songs, a magical song, incantation, (Canticum)

Marsia A people in Latium, on the Lacus Fucinus, celebrated as wizards and snake-charmers., augur, incantantations

Under the ACAPPELLA thread we noted that the PLACE was the chapel named after a goat-skin CAPE. HOWEVER, the STYLE was called ORGANUM. Tragedies or tear jerking songs are GOAT SONGS and that is why Paul and the Classics called corrupting the word or selling any of your body parts or talents as prostitution.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 6 2014, 6:39 PM 

Sarge has all of the RACA words and keeps saying that no two people can read the same text and get the same answer unless one is getting crapped on. For instance, the TEXT often brings on violence as Jesus promised in JOhn 14:

Acts 22:14 And he said,
.....The God of our fathers hath chosen thee,
.....that thou shouldest know his will,
.....and see that Just One,
.....and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

No Jew ever hallucinated that the God of our fathers was made up of THREE gods which are one just because they are friendly.

Jesus was given the promise or ROLE as Holy Spirit: when He appeared to Paul, Paul heard Him sat "I am Jesus of Nazareth."

Rom. 15:6 That ye may with one mind
.....and one mouth glorify God, [Theos]
.....even the Father
.....of our Lord [Kurios] Jesus Christ.

In my local DIVERTED congregation they glory the father, glorify Jesus and glorify the holy spirit.

And Donnie and all DISCIPLES can read for themselves:

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly,
.....that God [Theos]
.....hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified,
.....both Lord [Kurios] and Christ.

Therefore, Jesus was not even LORD until the ONE GOD THE FATHER made Him to be or gave Him that authority. Maybe not to Sarge---

1Cor. 8:6 But to US there is
but one God, the Father, OF whom are all things,
.....and we in him;
and one Lord Jesus Christ BY whom are all things,
.....and we by him.

Before the "progressives" go instrumental they deny that: they say that there is One God the Father and the Son [Jesus] and the Holy Spirit [person].

And they get violent when you twist this scripture:

1Tim. 2:5 For there is one God,
.....and one mediator between God and men,
.....the MAN Christ Jesus;

John said that if you deny that then you are an ANTICHRIST.

God as His word or LOGOS to repudiate the Greeks is the Regulative Principle and everything is OF God.

God breathed (spirit) without measure which means METER because Jesus SPOKE or articulated what the ONE GOD THE FATHER breathed into Him.

If they allow that to be true then the PROGRESSIVES as their FOUNDATION must be lying when they say that the BREATH of God was really a SPIRIT PERSON and now He doesn't breath into Jesus anymore but THEM.

Sarge simply is disturbed that there are still people who will not let others do their READING. In the words of Shelly and the Community (commune) "individuals no longer get the right to read, interpret or speak the word OUTSIDE of the community reading." Of course, Shelly and band are the COMMUNITY because only THEY get to speak the word. Lucky for us Jesus had Al Gore give us the internet because THAT is the way the word is being heard all around the world having escaped being chained to the pulpit.

Donnie is the one with the Lipscomb education.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 172.243.203.84 on Jun 6, 2014 6:47 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Pure Religion Part A + B + C FLEECING the lambs and DIVERTING the monies

June 4 2014, 11:55 AM 

Yes: Until my voice, ears and mind became scrambled and I finally caught on.

My kids insisted that I buy hearing aids: the best investment I ever made. When the sanging and shouting and baptizing front row with spit began I could PLUG EM IN AND TURN EM OFF! When that no longer worked I retreated to the couch in the foyer with a bunch of other people.

My doctor says STOP "sanging" in Church trying to perform (legalism) my part OR we can do vocal cord surgery and I doubt that will help.

My right ear began to rattle when the sanging got too loud and it can never get fixed. Buy you some hearing aids, plug em in and turn em off BEFORE the "worship leader" tips you toward the Lake of Fire.

OSHA could put most churches turned to performance ACappella (the gender-falsetto-thingy) in jail for what the surgeon general called Decibel Poisoning.

The Coup de grâce was mercifully administered by a Harding Chorus making me break out in a cold sweat with a panic attack just before I was to perform the LITURGICAL ACT of signing off with announcements and closing PRAYER -- Yes, I know the LAW is to SANG a hymn and GO OUT. I like that better: we can then come back next year, same time.

I GOT OUT just before the Purpose Driven Cult invasion: a deacon said he saw a demon walking in and went home and shortly died. The Stepford Elderesses spread the news in a forum that ken sublett was the cause of all of the trouble and servantforhim I think jumped in with the news that ken was the town drunk: Ken was far, far away on his hermitage and will never do ACappella again unless the funeral home is busy. Turning youself OUT of the New Style Praise singing (most conservatives) is a lot cheaper and a lot more spiritual than turning yourself INTO the mental ward. That may be the only way to get the time and serenity to become a Disciple of the WORD which is the one-piece pattern of a REAL church of Christ. I listen to the adult version of the Jimmy Swaggart singers a bit and Shepherd's Chapel program which may be the only people on the face of the earth who understands the direct command to PREACH the Word by READING the Word. Then, you can tune out their bad theology. You would be surprized how enlightening and comforting it is to hear the WHOLE text read as the Synagogue pattern Jesus endorsed. If little jimmy jump up and singy-clappy sally bring you to a Vineyard, wineskin climax God plugs up your ears and pokes out your eyes: and that is the PURPOSE DRIVING the latter day slants spewing out of the once-Bible colleges.

My doctor told me "don't you go to that dangerous place again, my biggest customers are preachers whom I enable with lorazepam to stop puking while preaching."

If you become a Christian or Disciple you will know that Jesus died to ELIMINATE the laded burden and burden laders. However, not-APT elders do not want you to define a LADED BURDEN so Jesus gave us the internet to do an end run.

From the jungle onward (Jubal, Jabal, Tubal-Cain, Naamaah) evil people knew that they could HURT you with music long enough to steal your sheep. That's Hermes (Mercury, Kairos) story just out of his cradle inventing a lyre to cause Apollo (Abaddon, Apollon's) cows to WALK BACKWARD so that they could not be found. The ANIMALS in the Bible are explained by ancient writers in The Book of Enoch: I told you that the BEAST are "new style musical performers with Satyric drama): that's the PAN parable. You go back and watch that favorite preacher of yours wearing his stunning outfit debating with three empty chairs and you will see the VISUAL AID Jesus sent us.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2014, 11:31 AM 

Ken said "...and will never do ACappella again unless the funeral home is busy."

Ken, "AGAIN" means that, once upon a time, you DID SANG. So that makes you a full-fledged hypocrite.

You talk about your church in the wilderness and the hallels and the singing not being a musical note, but YET....you SANG. You talk one thing, but you walk a different walk. I

Ken needs help again Donnie.....got a good cover story? You can always talk about the praise teams now (even though you know that isn't what we are talking about here), or me supporting instrumental music (which I never have), and then end with your endless diatribe of Roman Catholic worship of Mary and the Trinity.....but best of all....tell everyone about the addle elder that I am (which I am not presently serving as an elder).

Donnie, you know how bad you look and why I can pass judgement on your anti-Christ notions? You KNEW that I am not an elder, because you mentioned here before that you had seen on our website about the leadership team, YET, for un-Christlike demeanor, you asked me again about my position as an elder.....why???...only for one reason.....SLANDER.

You and Ken do well together.

Edit and delay time.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

June 5 2014, 8:54 PM 

Dave, Ken said he wanted me to think more about the Word and stop worrying about him so he could "back off the meds." Since you also challenge Ken quite a bit, he would probably have the same "advice" for you. Of course, when a person who "quotes the Bible" leaves the impression that he is saying more than what the Bible says or that he does not agree with what the Bible says, it's only natural to challenge that person's beliefs.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 6 2014, 12:13 AM 

I worry about your impression or perception, Bill.

I would like to publish a challenging discourse between you and Dave about instrumental music.

"To think more about the Word..." is a great advice. Please accept it.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

June 6 2014, 12:19 AM 

Yes, focusing more on what is actually written in the Word than what Ken writes is good advice. If only he would do the same...

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 6 2014, 1:06 AM 

Why should one focus LESS on what he writes? Wouldn't that make it out-of-focus?

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

June 6 2014, 9:08 AM 

"Out-of-focus?" Maybe to you, but not at all to me. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 5 2014, 12:32 PM 

You remember from the elders aptness that as a result of the Nadab-Abihu stumbling into a "holy place" God slapped the people with the day and need for atonement. He also slapped them with the scapegoat which was their attempt to appease Azazel or the DEVIL. They also added BURNING GOATS with David's loud noise trying to appease Israel the early instrumental sectarians. In Hezekiah's bargan with God they replaced burning INFANTS to the sound of instrumental music "to make the mothers dumb" before the burning with the goats: as soon as Hezekiah--the musicators pattern--they returned to burning infants. The Scapegoat as a meaning of the SORCERERS (speakers, singers, instrument players) in Revelation have been ANATHEMATIZED: they have set themselves up to ADORN the church as their "holy place" and they cannot be redeemed and MUST BE BURNED. Instruments and Burning go together in God's parables to hide from the WISE or Sophists meaning self-speakers, singers and instrument players the WORD, logos or Regulative Principle they TRY to burn along with entertaining the GOATS instead of feeding the LAMBS. Capella was a STAR and the STARS were worshiped then and now and cannot be redeemed and MUST be burned.

It's true: Jesus called the Scribes and Pharisees HYPOCRITES and in the Ezekiel model by Christ He named slick speakers for hire (a hireling is hired), singers, instrument players or actors. You can be a recovering HYPOCRITE. Here is the PANISH son in the bosom of your father.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter