Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Off Topic

November 22 2014, 11:24 PM 

I listened to David Young's thingy on tithing as one of those salvation issues: minimum.

http://www.piney.com/Honor.God.with.Your.Wealth.David.Young.html

I will add the "proof situations" in time: we went through this when Madison tried to milk the cow.

I will work on the Abraham proof: It turns out that Abraham gathered the loot stolen from the king of Sodom and gave a tithe of it to the king of Jerusalem.

Respond to this message   
Justice
(no login)

Re: Should Women Function as Translators in the Assembly? (Wayne Jackson)

November 30 2014, 1:19 PM 

Amazons

Women in pants! Beware!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazons

Amazon wearing trousers and carrying a shield with an attached patterned cloth and a quiver. Ancient Greek Attic white-ground alabastron, c. 470 BC, British Museum, London

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5)], via Wikimedia Commons" href="http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3AAmazon_trousers_BM_VaseB673.jpg">Amazon trousers BM VaseB673

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

November 30 2014, 7:07 PM 

Justice,

Does that image explain your initial response [quoted below] to Wayne's original article?

I really don't have a problem with women translators in church or on the mission field. I believe it is just fine biblically speaking. However, women must dress appropriately (no pants). JMHO.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

November 30 2014, 8:34 PM 

He missed that this is a picture of an Amazon which fits the rise of feminists and effeminate wearing the pants. The male singers and instrument players (re David) often got aroused and went nakad.

The Amazons, like black widows, need males only for reproduction. Maybe he willl post something about the Amazons maybe Hillary.

Respond to this message   
Justice
(no login)

November 30 2014, 10:41 PM 

Ken, the Amazons are Greek Mythology. You want to connect it to David (Bible). That is exactly why your post are not credible.

Goodnight.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

December 2 2014, 12:01 PM 

You can be the grandest Greek scholar and never have read any of the original texts: they dare not because they all tend to neuterize males singing and playing instruments in a religious sense or as PARASITES in animal sacrifices or the Agora or Marketplace to which Jesus consigned the gender-flicted PIPERS hoping to get Jesus or you to lament or sing sad song and dance while they perfected you or inducted you into the always-gay priesthood.

What the unwashed call myths and legends others call history:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/10/141029-amazons-scythians-hunger-games-herodotus-ice-princess-tattoo-cannabis/

Respond to this message   
Justice
(no login)

December 2 2014, 1:29 PM 

Ken, I feel certain we have one of the Amazon women working at the local quickstop in my home town. In addition to all that the article covered this one also dyes her armpit hair bizarre colors. I have to shop there, it's a quarter mile to the next store. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

December 2 2014, 2:04 PM 

you should watch some of the praise women doing the Harlem Shake.

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

December 2 2014, 4:33 PM 

If a woman interprets in a prison ministry on the second floor, shouldn't she wear pants?

If she wears skirts in the assembly, can this be above the knee, if she doesn't stoop?

Respond to this message   
Justice
(no login)

December 3 2014, 8:00 AM 

Scripture, here is some advice from a Wayne Jackson article. " Two principles should be borne in mind. First, the Christian should dress appropriate to his gender. This distinction, incidentally, is apparent in all cultures. Second, the godly man or woman should dress modestly, i.e., in a manner that does not solicit illicit sexual interest."

Is there a trusted Christian minister/pastor that can advise you?

Respond to this message   
Robert
(Login rwells51)

Women Condemned

December 13 2014, 11:03 AM 

In response to Wayne Jackson's article, I have to say I find it more than interesting. It is essential reading material. The Bible plainly states that women should remain silent. Haha to those who say that women are "silent" when the are signing. Just because they aren't making noise doesn't mean they aren't silent. They are proclaiming the Word of God, which is against scripture. "Well, they aren't speaking on their own authority so they aren't usurping authority from the man." How do you know they aren't changing the words? You don't know sign language. You could make the same argument for a woman reading scripture in our church assembly. We would agree that the authority does not lie with the preacher, but with the Word of God. So a woman reading scripture is not assuming authority, she is merely relaying the truth and authority already found in the Word. Except she has been called by God to remain silent, therefore not submitting to the authority she is professing. So in the case of a woman translating, she is also proclaiming. If someone enters our worship assembly and cannot hear and only a woman is available to "translate" to them the Word of God, it would be better for those people to be damned to Hell than for us to not follow strictly to our God's clear commands, "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law." 1 Corinthians chapter 14 and verse 34. What if the preacher is teaching on this very verse and the people hearing through sign language see this happening. They know "speech" through using their hands. What kind of testimony are we portraying. Will they not become confused? And then reject the very nature of what we are professing? "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." 1 Corinthians chapter 14 and verse 33. I am not saying I want people cursed with deafness to be condemned. I am saying we need to be teaching our young men it is their responsibility alone to proclaim the Word of God and it is our responsibility to train them. We learn languages to be missionaries around the world, we must learn the language of the deaf, so that as Paul says in 1 Corinthians chapter 9 and verses 19 through 22 "For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. 20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21 to them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."
And for those who make light of the subject by saying things like, "Why in the world would you want the women to translate without their pants on? This is crazy." Haha, you're not funny. You caused me to have a very crass thought, but after praying for forgiveness and asking God to allow me to "bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ"(2 Corinthians chapter 10 and verse 5) I have been able to move forward with this reply. Please keep your comments above reproach and your women silent.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Women Condemned

December 14 2014, 11:17 PM 

Robert,

Thanks for your message.

I Cor. 14:34 says, "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak...."

I have a few questions that you may choose to answer:

1. Is this prohibition applicable only during the assembly of saints in which men are present?

2. When only women assemble, this should not be an issue -- do you agree?

3. In case a new congregation has just been established in a locality where men are "babes in Christ" and not one Christian man is qualified to teach, can a woman who is very knowledgeable of the Scriptures and is qualified still not be permitted to teach where men are present?

4. Where the assembly of saints is not involved, can a woman, as a DISCIPLE of Christ, not teach a group of people (comprised of men and women who are NOT Christians) His gospel?

Respond to this message   
Justice
(no login)

Re: Women Condemned

December 17 2014, 11:42 AM 

Many will not agree with Robert's view of women being silent in Church. However, he has a point derived from scripture. I think we often dance around this issue. Is this not a clear addition to God's Word to allow women to be vocal in Church? I really just don't know for sure. JMHO.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter