Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

What I Believe: Jesus defines a SECTARIAN part A + B + C

March 23 2015 at 4:39 PM
Just Layman  (no login)
from IP address 108.230.196.85

I think it’s time for Concerned Members to share their beliefs with a “What We Believe” post to educate any new comers. It has taken me several years to pick out what Concerned Members believe about Bible doctrine.

Ken had said that Concern Members is “Church” for him and I’m sure others are on board with him. Subjects could include doctrine on the Holy Spirit, Divine eternal Jesus, Church singing (speak only), Instrumental Music, Church offerings and giving, pagan mythology, assembly worship, religious holidays ,etc.

I think this is fair, after all, Concerned Members critiques other Churches “What we believe articles.” I think this will benefit all that read this forum. How about it Concerned Members?

Thanks.

========================

Just Layman,

ConcernedMembers is a religious discussion forum, not a church organization or body. We discuss or debate various topical Bible studies, and messages and responses come from both "concerned" and "not that concerned" contributors.

In my case, I can only speak for myself, not for those who either agree or disagree with me. We've heard, e.g., differing views concerning God's holy Spirit which, according to my Bible, is not apart from or a separate "person" from God ... just as Donnie's spirit is not a separate person from Donnie. There are many other issues, some of which you've already mentioned.

Just to let the readers know that your initial post remains UNEDITED, even though I've made my remarks.

Personally, I cannot present what you would normally expect from, e.g., "______[Church Name]_______: What We Believe."

I regard your post, however, as a real challenge. I can attempt to provide a summary of each from a list of major doctrinal topics with scriptural references; and there are numerous topics I can think of.

Donnie

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Oct 1, 2015 11:33 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Concerned Members, What We Believe

March 24 2015, 1:56 PM 

Ken had said that Concern Members is “Church” for him and I’m sure others are on board with him. Subjects could include doctrine on the Holy Spirit, Divine eternal Jesus, Church singing (speak only), Instrumental Music, Church offerings and giving, pagan mythology, assembly worship, religious holidays ,etc.

Concerned members are concerned members: it has no corporate creed.

First, beginning c. 1980 ALL of Ken's "investments with the lord" were Purpose Driven to be diverted into the instrumental sect: one made it, one tried and failed and moved on and one LUSTING after but not yet. Ken's health needs not be abused by loud praise singing in the virtual Organ Style. CM is just one of the places where it is possible to reach millions while the steal-ers reach or loose hundreds having denounced the Historic Church.

We do "what is the meaning of is is " posting and need not agree on anything. If we take an isolated proof text used to deliberately sow discord and then post the whole "thought pattern" with historic commentary and word definitions that is the END PRODUCT of my full time job. Close to all of my 3,000 or so pages come from published sermons or papers or from the love of searching the historic documents.

We have done the holy spirit or neo trinity study for about 15 years. Spirit is almost always the spirit OF God or the spirit OF anger etc. Spirit is wind and used figuratively only as BREATH. The PERSONIFIED Spirit or Spiritus is used in the texts as defining Abaddon-Apollyon or other probably real persons whom people worshipped as heros after their death. God IS Spirit meaning that He is Mind governing the whole universe (or universes). When the father breathed (spirit) and Jesus spoke WORDS He said that the Words are spirit and they are life [John 6:63). God transfers His mind-spirit into our mind-spirit using WORDS.

Jesus came as the seed (sperm) of Abraham when he was conceived or sparked by God speaking the Word which is the end product of His BREATHING (spirit) into Mary in the same way He always generates things. The Spirit in Jesus was the same Spirit or Breath God used to create all things.

Jesus was MADE TO BE both Lord and Christ AFTER He was baptized. The Christ of God was the ROCK etal but not yet Jesus. It may be that all spirits existed literally or in the mind of Christ and BEGAN when they appear in Prophecy. I have collected "pages" of evidence that those who "gladly hear the words of the gospel and want to be baptized" are the LOST SPIRITS and they will be added to the SECT CALLED THE WAY: they are easily identified as not OF the World or the ECUMENICALS.

There is no command for tithes and offerings and no role other than the destitute. That does not mean that it is wrong for WORD-FOCUSED efforts. It is grand thief if you beg or threaten for money to hire the usual "staff." History agrees that there is no Law of Giving in a mandatory sense.

The ekklesia (all enlisted into the School of Christ) by direct command and many examples assembled as SYNAGOGUE (school) once a week. That is not a statement of right-wrong but what does Scripture and history say.

Myths and Legends are the foundation of mega-churches beyond being A School of the Word. Paul warned against old wive's tales and Jewish Fables: you have to understand the Jewish Fables to understand what Paul was speaking about. Fables include all of the rhetorical, performance singing, playing instruments, acting or dancing.

http://www.piney.com/Titus.1.Not.Giving.Heed.To.Jewish.Fables.html

http://www.piney.com/FathClStromataI.html

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 25 2015, 9:02 PM 

Not:

[linked image]

Ishtar Sin and Shamash are one Babylonian trinity.

[linked image]

She TRIUMPHS over the LION. Here, she is Isis mother-spirit-spermer of Horos after Osiris lost his powers. She comes to churches totally emasculated as Paul warns and hopes that they "let the knife slip."

[linked image]

Don't worry about Osiris: Isis made his lost masculinity out of wood. Trinitarians transform the Spirit OF the Father into a DETACHED "another person." Mother goddess worship then does not need the One God the Father.

In Revelation 17 she is the Babylonian mother of harlots: craftsmen, singers, instrument players, as sacred prositutes: they are called SORCERERS and WILL BE CAST ALIVE INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.

The Worst part of Easter is that the Jews and Catholics connect it to the PASSOVER and therefore deny Christ's finished work.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.20.116.93 on Mar 25, 2015 9:23 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 26 2015, 2:20 PM 

ANTUM

In Akkadian myth Anu's consort was Antum (Antu), but she is often confused with Ishtar (Inanna), the goddess of love. She helped produce the Anunnaki or the seven evil underworld demons. She is replaced literally or figuratively by Inanna / Ishtar who is at times her daughter.

ANUNNAKI (Anukki, Enunaki)

The Akkadian name for a group of gods of the underworld - chthonic and fertility. They are judges in the realm of the dead. Their counterparts are the Igigi or good gods (although in some texts the positions are reversed). The Anunnaku are the children of Anu and Ki and are like the Apkallu and they are paired with an igigi. Below the anunnaki were several classes of genii -- sadu, vadukku, ekimu, gallu -- some of which were represented as being good, some evil.
INANNA (Inannu)

Sumerian earth-goddess, sister of Ereshkigal. She loved Dumuzi. Babylonian mother-goddess, "mistress of heaven." See Ishtar (Babylonian) .

Nanna's daughter, and goddess of love and war. Inanna also visits Kur, which results in a myth similar to Greek seasonal story of Persephone. She sets out to witness the funeral rites of her sister-in-law Ereshkigal's husband Gugalana, the Bull of Heaven. She takes precaution before setting out, by telling her servant Ninshubur to seek assistance from Enlil, Nanna, or Enki at their shrines, should she not return. Inanna knocks on the outer gates of Kur and the gatekeeper, Neti, questions her. He consults with queen Ereshkigal and then allows Inanna to pass through the seven gates of the underworld. After each gate, she is required to remove adornments and articles of clothing, until after the seventh gate, she is naked. The Annuna pass judgment against her and Ereshkigal killed her and hung her on the wall.

The goddess Inanna was the most important female deity of ancient Mesopotamia. The etymology of her name is uncertain; but by the end of the third millennium B.C. it was taken to derive from nin.an.na : "Lady of Heaven." Also known as Innin, her epithets reflect her broad role in the pantheon: Ninmesarra - "Queen of all the Me," a title making her one of the most influential deities in the world of gods and men; Nu-ugiganna - "the Hierodule of Heaven," a projection of her erotic functions to the cosmic scale; and Usunzianna - "Exalted Cow of Heaven," she who provides life and sustenance to the land. In this aspect, it was Inanna who yearly reunited symbolically with her consort Dumuzi to restore life and fertility in the land.

This cycle, known as the Sacred Marriage, was a common theme in songs sung in her praise. Inanna represented the force of sexual reproduction and the power of the passions so incited. This passion finds its compliment in her martial character, 'the heroic champion, the destroyer of foreign lands, foremost in battle.' She was the daughter of the moon-god Nanna (though some traditions held her to be the daughter of An). Her sister was the netherworld goddess Ereskigal. Inanna's beast was the lion. Her usual symbol was the star or star disk (though it may also have been the rosette).

ISHTAR

Ishtar's primary legacy from the Sumerian tradition is the role of fertility figure; she evolved, however, into a more complex character, surrounded in myth by death and disaster, a goddess of contradictory connotations and forces: fire and fire-quenching, rejoicing and tears, fair play and enmity. The Akkadian Ishtar is also, to a greater extent, an astral deity, associated with the planet Venus: with Shamash, sun god, and Sin, moon god, she forms a secondary astral triad. In this manifestation her symbol is a star with 6, 8, or 16 rays within a circle.

As goddess of Venus, delighting in bodily love, Ishtar was the protectress of prostitutes and the patroness of the alehouse. Part of her cult worship probably included temple prostitution, and her cult centre, Erech, was a city filled with courtesans and harlots. Her popularity was universal in the ancient Middle East, and in many centres of worship she probably subsumed numerous local goddesses.

In later myth she was known as Queen of the Universe, taking on the powers of An, Enlil, and Enki.

She appears at times as Anu' second consort. Ishtar, with Shamash and Sin (the life-force, the sun, and the moon), formed an important triad of divinities. In astronomy Ishtar was a name of the planet Venus -- the double aspect of the goddess being made to correspond to the morning and evening star. (Lucifer)

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

John Mark Hicks our Triune God

March 26 2015, 9:01 PM 

Ishtar as the mother goddess is required in the feminist theology of a trinity. All of paganism had a father, mother (dove, spirit) and infant son. The original view was of a TRIPPLE GODDESS who rules by emasculating as Paul warned.

The concept of three literal "persons" each with their own centers of consciousness (spirit) with different abilities but ONE in that they were friendly and held committee meetings probably began with Lipscomb University and spread by the GA Sunday School system.

http://www.piney.com/John.Mark.Hicks.Our.Triune.God-The.Wonder.of.the.Story.html

Don't these all look like women? Andrei Rublev the three angels as The Holy Trinity

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.20.116.93 on Mar 27, 2015 5:37 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Palm Sunday-Easter-Passover REFUTES the work of Jesus Christ

March 29 2015, 3:45 PM 

The historic study of myths and religious operations claiming to do the WORK of God and supply His Word proves that a fork in the road has been taken and there is no turning back. It is a fact that most of the once Bible colleges have been infiltrated and diverted by men who claim that they are the only authentic speaker for God. "They crack away to the Archaic." It is noted that when the white men destroyed the Indians religion that they "cracked away to the peyote cult." The drug is induced best by singing, moving, listening to noises until they reach a HIGH for which the store front Shamans CHARGE a price too high.

Jesus either SPOKE or ACTED parables to repudiate the pagan and "Jewish Fables." This was to PREVENT the world or ECUMENICAL FROM CATCHING ON and doing more harm among the Little Flock who alone hear the WORDS of Jesus as those of God. The Word is the REGULATIVE principle and IS God in the sense that God is Love or Righteousness.

http://www.piney.com/Edersheim14.html

If you DO any of the KEEPING OF DAYS and festivals you are bound to parables and not allowed to honor Jesus by confessing that the WATER DRAWER has been here already.

[linked image]

Sorry but Jesus has been here and gone and the ONLY water and bread you will get is REPUDIATED by those who deny Jesus the right to have the final WORD which is "opposite to rhetoric, singing, playing" or acting out your denial of the Cross of Jesus Whose steps do fit those of the rich and famous actor-upper.

Respond to this message   
DCA
(no login)

Re: Palm Sunday-Easter-Passover REFUTES the work of Jesus Christ

March 30 2015, 12:27 PM 

"I Believe"

I believe for every drop of rain that falls
A flower grows
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night
A candle glows
I believe for everyone who goes astray, someone will come
To show the way
I believe, I believe

I believe above a storm the smallest prayer
Can still be heard
I believe that someone in the great somewhere
Hears every word

Everytime I hear a new born baby cry,
Or touch a leaf or see the sky
Then I know why, I believe

Trivia Time......who sang this???

Respond to this message   
Destroy Neo-Nazism
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 30 2015, 4:54 PM 

I believe for every drop of rain that falls
A flower grows NOT IN MY YARD
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night
A candle glows
I believe for everyone who goes astray, someone will come
To show the way
I believe, I believe

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 31 2015, 1:32 AM 

Dave,

Let me guess: a mid-50s song! Since you weren't born then, you must have done your research.

Is this going to be your "Easter" worship song when you celebrate and observe your "holy" day?

Or ... is this some church's web page regarding: "What We Believe"?

Respond to this message   
Dotty
(no login)

May 22 2015, 2:24 PM 

I know the Osmonds sang I Believe.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 22 2015, 5:18 PM 

No: that was the Jacob-cursed and God-abandoned Levites who musically mocked Jesus to the foot of the old rugged cross.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

May 23 2015, 12:01 AM 

A search on "I believe for every drop of rain that falls" yielded:

-- Leann Rimes
-- Frankie Laine
-- Loretta Lynn
-- Frank Sinatra
-- Elvis Presley
-- Perry Como
-- The Platters
-- The Bachelors
-- et al

Dotty, maybe DCA (Dave) would like to sing/perform it next "Palm Sunday." happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Dotty
(no login)

May 26 2015, 2:33 PM 

Respond to this message   
Just Layman
(no login)

Hijacked

March 29 2015, 9:10 PM 

Ken, I see you have hijacked the title page. This not the first time you have done this. However, it will be last time as far me posting a title page. Have it your way.

Good night.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Hijacked

March 30 2015, 4:28 PM 

You wanted to know what CM believed: I can only tell you what I believe. You intend to celebrate the FUTURE salvation of Jesus acted out by all of the Easter holy days. I told you what Palm Sunday celebrates with MUSIC and which Jesus REPUDIATED by claiming that He brought on the living waters and HE would be (Has been) our only Passover.

Do you intend to bow down before the pillars of sun worship.

You will undoubtedly pay a group to pretend to be Jesus but any overt "observation" intends to replace or minimize the WORD: Christ commanded me not to pay even for the LOGOS.

http://www.piney.com/Isaiah.55.Word.Spirit.html

Respond to this message   
Just Layman
(no login)

Re: Hijacked

March 31 2015, 5:37 AM 

Ken, let's not forget, you are the one who said CM website was church for you. I think the results are "as expected". Have a nice day. Perhaps, Osiris will take you out for brunch this coming Sunday? happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Jay Guin 1 Corinthians 10 parallel to Exodus

March 31 2015, 11:46 AM 

Jay Guin repudiates each and every statement of faith held from the beginning by Churches of Christ, fails to read the black text on brown paper and therefore REPEATS the Osiris, Isis (spirit, dove, spermator) and little obscene Horus. This review is in part:

http://www.piney.com/Jay.Guin.1.Corinthians.10.5.Falling.Away.html

If you attended any of the workshops on the Exodus Pattern you listened to men who had never READ the Exodus Fall from Grace.

http://www.piney.com/Exodus.32.html

Christ (the Rock) then defined the inclusive-exclusive pattern for the ekklesia when assembled as synagogue.

The direct command was to "go into all the world and preach the gospel." That is what I do at CM: if people do not agree with me let me assure you that people are usually squirming in their seats when the preacher spend all of his time speaking about himself and trying to explain-away the Prophets and Apostles.

I can be ACTIVE rather than a PASSIVE active "preacher count" disguised as an empty pew. The command is NOT to preach as in lecture but to DIALOG as in speak one to another. InApt elders usually hire a front man to silence the lambs.

I go into ALL the world with CM and piney.com: I do not pass the plate even though some Nigerian widow wants to send me 5 million dollars.

If you don't know about OSIRIS then you cannot read the story of rising up to PLAY at Mount Sinai for which there was/is no redemption.

Respond to this message   
Just Layman
(no login)

101aaa

April 1 2015, 5:29 AM 

The Bible is a stand-alone book. Osiris can not help you.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: 101aaa

April 1 2015, 2:46 PM 

As long as there are performance preachers, singers, instrument players and publishers of deceptive lies the BIBLE is not a stand-alone book. They say that their organization and WORSHIP TEAM is built upon the Priests and Levites. The TRUE Bible says that God cursed the Levites and abandoned them to worship the starry host. Since NONE of the rich and famous know or care about the Scriptures, we have to use the universal pagan, ANTI-LOGOS ECUMENICAL examples IN THE BIBLE to refute those who chain themselves to the pulpit denying YOU any right to "read, interpret or speak the Bible."

The Bible is a Table of Contents: POINTERS to refute the PAGAN WORLD view. If you haven't read The Book of Enoch (quoted 128 times in the NT) you will not be able to get the full impact of The Book of Jude. YOUR preacher uses about 10% of his time misrepresenting the BIBLE and the REST of it comes out of his own vain imagination. We have to quote clay tablets to prove the UNIVERSAL mark of anyone who would PERFORM claiming a wage and connection to the "gods" which you don't have. If you want to support them then this is exactly what God wants you to do. Here are some examples.

http://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/questions/5509/does-the-new-testament-quote-extrabiblical-writers

The preacher will not know that the SPIRIT OF CHRIST defines the Scribes and Hypocrites (speakers, singers, instrument players, audience) in Ezekiel 33.

Matt. 16:1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
Matt. 16:2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
Matt. 16:3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

Luke 13:31 The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee.
Luke 13:32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

Your worship leader worships "some" god with the work (and waged) of HIS hands. He/you/think that God NEEDS your works or your APPROVAL.

Acts 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Your worship leader probably from John Mark Hicks says that you NEED the theatrical-musical performers to LEAD YOU INTO THE PRESENCE OF GOD. Since, God does not dwell in HOUSES BUILT BY HUMAN HANDS now converted to "A theater for holy entertainment" after being stolen from the weeping widows.

Acts 17:28 For IN HIM we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/jamieson-fausset-brown/acts/acts-17.html

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.20.116.93 on Apr 1, 2015 2:47 PM

Respond to this message   
Just Layman
(no login)

Not Afraid to ASK?

April 9 2015, 9:53 AM 

Ken, you stated that The Book of Enoch should be read for a better understanding of the Bible. Would you also suggest reading pagan mythology for a better understanding of the Bible?

It is my observation that you quote more mythology when you are flustered or perturbed. Could you please explain?

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter