Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Just Layman
(no login)

Re: Some thoughts about the negatives of Easter

April 14 2015, 3:59 PM 

Ken speaking about Scripture: "List of good observations: sounds original."

Ken, is there some reason you would say that? I've been known to slip one in....but surely not Scripture?

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Just Layman
(no login)

April 9 2015, 3:01 PM 

Scripture, perhaps you need to find a Church that does not have an Easter celebration. Problem solved. happy.gif

p.s. "The season makes it difficult to find any place to eat on that Sunday." This may actually be a positive. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Just Layman
(no login)

Re: Praise God!

April 6 2015, 10:07 AM 

No doubt, preaching the resurrection of Christ is a pattern.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

We KNOW a Crucified Jesus: His WORDS are the testimony to His resurrection.

April 6 2015, 9:46 PM 

1Corinthians 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you,
.....came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom,
.....declaring unto you the testimony of God.

The Testimony of God by Christ is the SPIRIT OF PROPHECY. A school of Christ is built upon the Prophets (by Christ) and the Apostles (written for our memory). If you go beyond that which is written for faith and dogma you cannot be a disciple or Christian.

Contrary to all of the Doctors of the Law Paul didn't say that he was just going to PREACH just Jesus but to KNOW the CRUCIFIED Christ. The Crucifixion will SILENCE everyone.

.....1Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you,
.....save Jesus Christ, and him CRUCIFIED.

Now, doctors of the law predestined to "take away the key to knowledge" by saying that we should just KNOW the resurrection: that leads them to believe that THEY are predestined.

How to MARK those who know a CRUCIFIED JESUS:

1Corinthians 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
1Corinthians 2:4 And my speech and my preaching
.....was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom,
..... but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1Corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men,
.....but in the power of God.
1Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect:
..... yet not the wisdom of this world,
.....nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
1Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom,
.....which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

AND HID FROM THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES, HYPOCRITES: SPEAKERS, SINGERS, INSTRUMENT PLAYERS, ACTORS. Matt 13

1Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have CRUCIFIED the Lord of glory.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 6 2015, 11:28 PM 

In past generations, I believe that churches of Christ, in general, did not have this "Easter" celebration as it is now -- an imitation of what many Protestant Churches observe and celebrate. Because of the larger crowd, it was an occasion, however, during which the gospel message of salvation was delivered.

I think there are still many congregations of the church of Christ, esp. smaller ones, that do not celebrate "Easter" as a "holy day" even though the message of the power of Christ's resurrection is preached, as well as the resurrection of the dead, the eternal judgment in the end.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 24 2015, 12:29 PM 

John Calvin on Genesis 1

http://www.piney.com/HSCalvin.html

The Progressives who reject Scripture in favor of a "spirit" person who guides them beyond the sacred pages use John Calvin for "a direct operation of the Holy Spirit" as well as the Trinity. They SUBVERT the teachings of Calvin on both counts. Alexander Campbell, a Calvinists, rejected Calvin for using the word PERSON but Calvin retracted and spoke of the THREE ASPECTS of the One God the Father. The "elohim" in Genesis one is used but they apparently BARA or CAST DOWN the heavens earth both of which speak of the false gods of the Sumerians who took the people captive and destroyed light (knowledge, freedom) and brought darkness or ignorance.

"God." Moses has it Elohim, a noun of the plural number. Whence the inference is drawn, that the three Persons of the Godhead are here noted; but since, as a proof of so great a matter, it appears to me to have little solidity, will not insist upon the word; but rather caution readers to beware of violent glosses of this, kind.

"but in the meantime they involve themselves in the error of Sabellius, because Moses afterwards subjoins that the Elohim had spoken, and that the holy Spirit of the Elohim rested upon the waters.

If we suppose three persons to be here denoted, there will be no distinction between them. For it will follow,

both that the Son is begotten by himself,
and that the Spirit is not of the Father, but of himself. For me it is sufficient that the plural number expresses those powers which God exercised in creating the world.

[In Scripture these powers are NOT the elohim of the pagans]

Moreover I acknowledge that the Scripture, although it recites many powers of the Godhead, yet always recalls us to the Father, and his Word, and spirit, as we shall shortly see. But those absurdities, to which I have alluded, forbid us with subtlety to distort what Moses simply declares concerning God himself, by applying it to the separate Persons of the Godhead.

This, however, I regard as beyond controversy, that from the peculiar circumstance of the passage itself, a title is here ascribed to God, expressive of that powers which was previously in some way included in his eternal essence.

We have noted that GODHEAD has/is always used thinking that it speaks of THE ONE GOD THE FATHER really being THREE GODS. However, Godhead or Theotes says that Jesus was "filled with the DIVINE NATURE" a term applied also to those who are redeemed and become sons of God.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 29 2015, 10:41 PM 

Spirit literally means only WIND: it is used figuratively of BREATH and BREATH reveals the thoughts of the MIND or HEART. Heart, mind nor spirit ever speaks of a PERSON but the "mental disposition of that person" and the outward results.

God put spirit, breath or "inspiration" into mankind so that they can understand the MIND or SPIRIT of God. That spirit becomes an UNholy spirit by the will of that person. God gives that person a new or A holy spirit or mind ONLY by requesting it from God: that instrumental means was prophesied and fulfilled as obedience in baptism. Baptism is not a symbol but the ANTI-tupos where ANTI means instead of. We obey in baptism which is an act which sorts out the masses who refuse to accept any authority and they are damned.

There are man examples:

Job 6:4 For the arrows of the Almighty are within me,
.....the poison whereof drinketh up my SPIRIT:
.....the terrors of God do set themselves in array against me.

Job 32:18 For I am full of matter, the SPIRIT WITHIN ME constraineth me.

Psa. 51:10 Create in me a CLEAN [holy] HEART,
.....O God; and renew a RIGHT SPIRIT within me.

Psa. 142:3 When MY SPIRIT was overwhelmed WITHIN ME,
.....then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.

Psa. 143:4 Therefore is MY SPIRIT overwhelmed within me;
.....my HEART WITHIN me is desolate.

Is. 26:9 With MY SOUL have I desired thee in the night;
.....yea, with MY SPIRIT WITHIN ME will I seek thee early:
.....for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness. .

Ezek. 11:19 And I will give them ONE HEART,
.....and I will put a NEW SPIRIT within you;
.....and I will take the stony HEART out of their flesh,
.....and will give them an heart of flesh:

Ezek. 36:26 A NEW HEART also will I give you,
.....and a NEW SPIRIT will I put within you:
.....and I will take away the STONY HEART out of your flesh,
.....and I will give you an HEART OF FLESH

PROOF

Ezek. 36:27 And I will PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU,
.....and cause you to walk in MY STATUTES
..... and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Zech. 12:1 The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD,
.....which stretcheth forth the heavens,
.....and layeth the foundation of the earth,
.....and FORMED THE SPIRIT of man within him.

Mark 2:8 And immediately when Jesus perceived IN HIS SPIRIT
.....that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them,
.....Why reason ye these things IN YOUR HEARTS?

Rom. 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also,
.....which have the firstfruits of THE SPIRIT, even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
.....waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of OUR BODY.

When people claim that they are going to pray for 40 days and force a "spirit" to do something it will always be to CONFIRM their agenda repeated so often that the fleecees are Sorcerized.

VENTUS , blow; vatas, wind, breath
“profundere verba ventis,” to talk to the wind,
not to keep one's word or promise,
4. Vento vivere, to live upon wind or air,with all one's might; v
B. Plur., personified as deities, the winds [Eph 4]: te, Apollo [Abaddon, Apollon] sancte, fer opem; teque, omnipotens Neptune, invoco; Vosque adeo, Venti! Turpil. ap. Cic. Tusc. 4, 34, 73 (Com. Rel. v. 119 Rib.); Lucr. 5, 1230 (1228); cf. Ov. H. 17 (18), 37.—
1. Windiness, flatulence,
II. Trop., the wind, as a symbol of fortune (favorable or unfavorable), fame, APPLAUSE,

1Cor. 14:9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.

spīrĭtus spiritum Phoebus mihi, Phoebus [Abaddon, Apollyon] artem Carminis [music, enchantment] dedit, poetic spirit or inspiration, Hor. C. 4, 6, 29; cf an evil spirit

1 Sam 16:15 And Sauls servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit FROM the God troubleth thee.

ex-ăgĭto , āvi, ātum, 1, v. freq. a., I.to drive out of its position or place; to stir up, rouse up, disturb. like a laded burden

David's CUNNING played refreshed or soothed Saul but that would not prevent Saul from launching a lance at David while he was playing.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter