Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
DCA
(no login)

Re: God cannot lie: He says that He, Jehovah, is the ONLY God.

April 11 2015, 7:45 PM 

Ken said "
Jesus is a KURIOS person or ruler: kurios makes him the lord of the vineyard but not the OWNER of the vineyard. Paul guided by Christ in Spirit DENIES that Jesus as one of the three God persons."

Ken, when you contend to ONLY 'speak that which is written" but offer NO Scripture to back that Paul DENIES that Jesus is one of the three God persons, I know one thing for sure.....God certainly does not lie. God did not make this contention that you spew forth. YOU made that contention with NO Biblical support.

In John chapter 1 the author speaks very supportive of the Word/Logos (that later became Jesus in the flesh) being part of God, therefore Diety Itself.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 11 2015, 8:36 PM 

Word is LOGOS. Logos is the SPOKEN WORD: breath impacting your ears cannot be a PEOPLE.

LOGOS is the REGULATIVE PRINCIPLE or the principle that governs the UNIVERSE. Laws of ALL things can never be a PEOPLE.

God is Love, Grace, Word: love is not a God person.

Word or Logos was what Jesus SPOKE when the Father BREATHED into him "without metron" which often means without musical meter. And strange enough even while the ECUMENICAL or pseudo-Christian World View seduces and silences the lambs with METER (aka muddle) there is NO METRICAL or Lyric poetry supplied by GOD.

Jesus becomes the audible-visible LOGOS only when He speaks ONLY what God the SOURCE reveals to Him. When we speak "that which is written for our learning" we DISPENSE logos meaning someTHING that you hear: that can never be a people.

We keep the Word or LOGOS active in the world when we as APT elders "teach that which has been taught." The LOGOS goes out of my mouth and my keyboard but my keyboard is NOT a people.

Paul dispense SPIRIT by PREACHING: when you hear the WORDS of Jesus you hear SPIRIT (John 6:63): Spirit can never be a PEOPLE in our 3d+1 world.

Logos or Word is defined as the OPPOSITE of rhetoric, poetry or music including any human imagination which violates the direct command of the Spirit OF Christ in Isaiah 58.

Rhetoric, singing, playing instruments are lumped with WORD OR LOGOS.
That makes it impossible to think that LOGOS is a separate person unless you think that music is a PEOPLE.

CHRIST said in Isaiah 58 that if you don't speak the WORD THERE IS NO LIGHT IN YOU.

Jesus came as LIGHT into the world: light is Divine Knowledge. Light is not a PEOPLE but what the SOURCE shines forth in WORDS.

The Spirit OF Christ in the prophets has God saying OVER AND OVER AND OVER: there is NO god but me. I did it all by myself. There was no god person beside me.

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD THE FATHER
There is only one Lord, the Man Jesus Christ.
The One God the Father made Jesus of Nazareth TO BE both lord and Christ.
Jesus is from the seed of Abraham: no one ever hallucinated that Messiah would be God in person. Only pagans believed that their LOGOS (Hermes, Mercury, Kairos) were born of a god person seducing a human person. Jesus is the ANTITHESIS of ALL triad.

John says that if you deny the
ONE GOD THE FATHER
and One Lord the Son
you are an ANTICHRIST.

Antichrists insist that Messiah had to be a GOD PERSON and not a flesh and blood THE MAN JESUS CHRIST.

You can only honor Jesus if you accept him as a brother who refused the form or authority God gave Him and took on the persona of a slave without a place to lay his head. No super chariots for a Jesus imitator.

Respond to this message   
DCA
(no login)

April 11 2015, 11:32 PM 

The reason people don't listen is because God takes away their hearing aids. They don't deserve to hear any longer. They have made mockery of His Word.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 14 2015, 1:07 PM 

Both the always-pagan trinities as well as "music" in religionism is derived (by confession) from feminists theology which they say, "Intends to defeat patriarchal religion by small acts of treachery." Osburn ACU.

http://www.piney.com/Feminist.Theology.of.Abilene.Christian.University.html

Jesus said that the truth had been hidden in parables "from the foundation of the world" from the theologians: Jesus said that God hides from the wise or sophists: rhetoricians, singers, instrument players." Paul said that Eve was wholly seduced in the same sense that a young bride is seduced perhaps on wedding night. The result was that Cain (from a musical note or mark) was OF that wicked one.

In the Hebrew the word EVE is connected to VENOM and as EVAH meaning abomination she was the then and now MEDIATRIX of the trinitarians. The Serpent was a musical enchanter "winding" as in a winding or crooked song.

In Latin Eve as the woman (less noble than Adam) is VIRUS or VENUM which God excised from Adam who in all paganism

Hislop notes that:

http://www.piney.com/Hisl71.html

"The Primeval or Creative god was mystically represented as Androgyne, as combining in his own person both sexes (Ibid.), being therefore both Janus and Cybele at the same time.

[linked image]

"The Virgin Venus," as she was called, was identified with the air. Thus Julius Firmicus says: "The Assyrians and part of the Africans wish the air to have the supremacy of the elements,

for they have consecrated this same [element] under the name of Juno, or the Virgin Venus." Why was air thus identified with Juno, whose symbol was that of the third person of the Assyrian trinity?

Why, but because in Chaldee the same word which signifies the air signifies also the "Holy Ghost." The knowledge of this entirely accounts for the statement of Proclus, that "Juno imports the generation of soul." Whence could the soul--the spirit of man--be supposed to have its origin, but from the Spirit of God. In accordance with this character of Juno as the incarnation of the Divine Spirit, the source of life, and also as the goddess of the air, thus is she invoked in the "Orphic Hymns":

When, however, the Mysteries were originally concocted, the deeds of Eve, who, through her connection with the serpent, brought forth death, must necessarily have occupied a place; for the Mystery of sin and death lies at the very foundation of all religion, and in the age of Semiramis and Nimrod, and Shem and Ham, all men must have been well acquainted with the facts of the Fall.

At first the sin of Eve may have been admitted in all its sinfulness (otherwise men generally would have been shocked, especially when the general conscience had been quickened through the zeal of Shem);

but when a woman was to be deified, the shape that the mystic story came to assume shows that that sin was softened, yea, that it changed its very character, and that by a perversion of the name given to Eve (ZOE in the LXX), as "the mother of all living ones," that is, all the regenerate, she was glorified as the authoress of spiritual life, and, under the very name Rhea, was recognised as the mother of the gods.

That is why a disciple is a STUDENT and students do not ask "what can I get by with as WORSHIP rituals?"

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

June 12 2015, 9:27 PM 

Words is what peoples speaks: Jesus is called a Prophet: I don't ever remember anyone saying, "Hay, Word."

Ex. 4:15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do.

Ex. 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
Ex. 19:8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.
Ex. 19:9 And the LORD said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee for ever. And Moses told the words of the people unto the LORD.
Num. 12:6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

Num. 22:38 And Balaam said unto Balak, Lo, I am come unto thee: have I now any power at all to say any thing? the word that God putteth in my mouth, that shall I speak.
Num. 23:5 And the LORD put a word in Balaam’s mouth, and said, Return unto Balak, and thus thou shalt speak.

Deut. 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Deut. 18:19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
Deut. 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

2Sam. 7:25 And now, O LORD God, the word that thou hast spoken concerning thy servant, and concerning his house, establish it for ever, and do as thou hast said.
2Sam. 14:3 And come to the king, and speak on this manner unto him. So Joab put the words in her mouth.
2Sam. 14:19 And the king said, Is not the hand of Joab with thee in all this? And the woman answered and said, As thy soul liveth, my lord the king, none can turn to the right hand or to the left from ought that my lord the king hath spoken: for thy servant Joab, he bade me, and he put all these words in the mouth of thine handmaid:

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 6 2015, 12:44 PM 

test

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Three Entities in the Beginning

April 14 2015, 3:02 PM 

Genesis 1:1-2,3ff:

01 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

02 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
-- And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

03 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

06 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters...

09 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together...

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed...

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven...

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving...

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind...

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every...

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good...

Let's begin with what occurred "in the beginning."

From the text above, we can deduce that there were 3 entities involved in the creation process. (Keep in mind that an entity is not always a person):

1. God the Father (the ONLY ONE God--countless passages to support this);
2. God's Word or the Word of God (what God SPOKE);
3. God's Spirit [note the preposition "OF" in "the Spirit of God"--possessive].

Please study the text above.

Later, we will discuss:

-- Why there is only ONE GOD -- THE FATHER Himself
-- Why the spirit of God is not a separate person or being
-- Why God the Father did not become flesh
-- That it was the Word of God (LOGOS in N.T.) that became flesh
-- The difference between:
------ (a) The Word (LOGOS) BECAME flesh
--------------------- and --------------
------ (b) God was MANIFEST in the flesh.

Respond to this message   
Just Layman
(no login)

Re: The Three Entities in the Beginning

April 14 2015, 3:40 PM 

Well, Donnie my be salvageable. He can count to three and he is not dependent on the pagan mythology gods. That's a plus! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 14 2015, 4:13 PM 

Thanks, Just, although I didn't major in math.

So, what are your thoughts on the ONLY ONE God the Father? I'm hearing from some of the commentators stating (or implying):

(1) that God the Father is also the Son of God [?????] or...
(2) that the Son of God is also God the Father [?????]

How can that be? Maybe I'm just confused about what "they" are saying?

Be assured I can list numerous, numerous scriptures clearly and unequivocally stating that there is ONLY ONE GOD -- THE FATHER. Guess what? That's precision! There is only ONE GOD (Scripture-based) vs. the 3 PAGAN GODS (mythology-based) that Ken has continually exposed to serious Bible students.

Respond to this message   
Just Layman
(no login)

April 14 2015, 4:54 PM 

Donnie it's hard to be serious with the pagan myths.

This is an example from another post on another thread.

"Isis made his lost masculinity out of wood."

Ken is not being serious, he's being cute!

JMHO

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 14 2015, 5:54 PM 

Ever since the Praise Singers depleted all of my Testesterone ken never jokes about penis power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phallus

Ancient Egypt
Statuette of Osiris with phallus and amulets

The phallus played a role in the cult of Osiris in ancient Egyptian religion. When Osiris' body was cut in 14 pieces, Set scattered them all over Egypt and his wife Isis retrieved all of them except one, his penis, which was swallowed by a fish; see the Legend of Osiris and Isis. Supposedly, Isis made a wooden replacement.

The phallus was a symbol of fertility, and the god Min was often depicted as ithyphallic, that is, with an erect penis.

To wit: Jochin and Boaz. The performers in Amos 8 were called "baskets of summer fruit" and in Revelation 18 "the lusted after fruits." ALL ritualistic worship is to prove that the senior pastor and worship leaders have the superior position.

This page has a great picture of the Egyptian etal trinity with Apis the golden calf as the image at mount Sinai.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiris_myth

The image of the goddess holding her child was used prominently in her worship—for example, in panel paintings that were used in household shrines dedicated to her. Isis's iconography in these paintings closely resembles and may have influenced the earliest Christian icons of Mary holding Jesus.[119]

The cross is a tree or a pointed paling: the cross was/is a phallic symbol: the clergy, as prophesied, would try to sodomize Jesus to prove their superiority.

Respond to this message   
Just Layman
(no login)

April 14 2015, 6:33 PM 

Yes Ken, "Supposedly" you and Osiris would have made a great team and should have toured the world telling Knock-Knock jokes. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 14 2015, 8:49 PM 

Well, this seems to be a really deep subject for me.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 14 2015, 6:28 PM 

Just,

I am convinced and feel confident that Ken has done his homework. His plethora of information from his extensive research is vast and beyond comparison -- change agents and copycat theologians considered.

In a way, I agree with you that "it's hard to be serious with the pagan myths." But there must be a reason for that. The reason being that often times the Christian mind that's been subjected to doctrines and teachings acquired from various forms of erroneous theology of past generations is no longer capable of comprehending the truth and real evidences. In other words, the "Christian mind" may tend to believe and practice teachings and rituals originating from pagan myths WITHOUT KNOWING IT.

Respond to this message   
Just Layman
(no login)

April 14 2015, 7:45 PM 

Ken said "Isis made his lost masculinity out of wood."

Ken is some expert, Isis was a "goddess".

I'm embarrassed for him. PLEASE DON'T POST! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

April 14 2015, 6:05 PM 

Donnie, as much as you dwell on this subject, you must be trying to convince yourself that there is only one God instead of three separate "persons." happy.gif Frankly, I don't know of any Christians today who believe in three separate "Gods" apart from God the Father. Of course, the vast majority of Christians do believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are three separate manifestions of the SAME ONE GOD. Jesus is not only the Son of God but also God Himself. As Matt. 1:23 states, "God with us" refers to God coming to earth in the form of Jesus the man. Doubting people may say, "How can this be?" The answer is as Jesus said when his disciples doubted Him, "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible" (Matt. 19:26 KJV).

When they cannot fathom what omnipotent God is capable of doing, people in their ignorance often attribute human qualities to God. Either denying or failing to understand the omnipotence of God, people may say that since man cannot detach or send his own spirit out from himself, then neither can God send forth His Holy Spirit. But the New Testament indicates that God DOES send His Holy Spirit forth to do His bidding:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me" (John 15:26 KJV). We understand the Comforter to be the Holy Spirit, originating with God but sent by Jesus, Who is also God. Not all Christians can believe this.

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you" (John 15:7 KJV). That is, Jesus will send the Holy Spirit from God after Jesus leaves the earth. Again, not all Christians can believe this.

"As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them" (Acts 13:2 KJV). God sent forth His Holy Spirit to issue a command to them. Not all Christians can believe this, either.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

'God with us'

April 14 2015, 7:30 PM 

Bill, there's much to be said about your quotes from John 15. (I think it would be best to cover the text in John 14-16 in its entirety.) We'll discuss that and other matters later on because so much material is being covered right now.

"God with us...." Since you and many others claim:

1. That there is "God the Father" [in Scripture];
2. That there is "God the Son" [NOT in Scripture];
3. That there is "God the Holy Spirit" [NOT in Scripture];

Please tell me if "God" in "God with us" refers to:

1. "God" the Father ... or
2. "God" the Son ... or
3. "God" the Holy Spirit ... or
4. Any one of the above ... or
5. All of the above at once.

Please tell me who comprises "us" in "God with us."

Let's "Keep It Simple, Stupid" -- the K.I.S.S. principle. Let's deal with this specific topic for now.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

Re: 'God with us'

April 14 2015, 8:23 PM 

5. God is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit all at once: that is, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as in Matt. 28:19. Not three separate Gods but three different manifestations of the SAME ONE GOD.

"Us" comprises mankind. God literally dwelled with human beings as a man in the form of Jesus. That's what "God with us" means. Remember the passages we've previously covered other threads in which Jesus says He came down from heaven and would return above whence He came? There you have it.

That should be simple enough for you. Maybe not. happy.gif

No doubt you'll want to continue the "argument," since we don't exactly see eye-to-eye about this. Suffice it to say that I doubt we ever will. Likewise, I doubt that we'll ever agree whether Jesus is eternal (which I believe) and whether Jesus was and is the Word Who was with God and was God in the beginning (which I also believe).

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

April 14 2015, 10:37 PM 

I find "God the Father" in my Bible numerous times.

I do NOT find "God the Son" in my Bible -- the theory or concept is man-made.

I'll admit that I do find "the Son of God" numerous times in my Bible.

"God the Son" and "the Son of God" do not mix.

I do NOT find "the Holy Spirit IS God" in my Bible.

I'll admit that I do find "the holy Spirit OF God" in my Bible.

Matt. 28:19 DOES NOT say "God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit."

2 John 1:3 -- "Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love."

That passage speaks volumes:

(1) From "God the Father"
(2) From "the Lord Jesus Christ"
(3) Jesus Christ is "the Son of the Father"
(4) Jesus Christ is "the Son of God the Father"
(5) It was God who made Jesus both Lord and Christ

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

April 14 2015, 11:25 PM 

You've pitched this same argument many times before. Like I said, we don't agree on this subject matter.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 546 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter