Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Warning about forsaking the Assembly Hebrews 10 Part A + Part B

July 14 2015 at 1:57 PM
Ken Sublett  (Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 184.63.180.96

People introduce new topics in the "muddle of posts." We have separated out Hebrews 10 as another example of THE Restoration Movement which weeded out everything but being A School of the Word. Located Evangelists quickly took the movement captive to PREVENT the common fodder from reading and teaching THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN FOR OUR LEARNING.

This thread will only be about Hebrews as one of the ALWAYS definition of A School of Christ.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Jul 15, 2015 12:27 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Hebrews 10 the PATTERN Scholars cannot find.

July 14 2015, 7:00 PM 

During wwII it was obvious that there was a giant spawn of what mom called "preacher boys" or "jackboot preachers." Post WWII some good men became missionaries but by about 1960, because they saw godliness as a means of financial gain, the universities produced everything but Bible Scholars.

I am still without any clear information as to what a jackboot is. It is a kind of boot that you put on when you want to behave tyrannically: that is as much as anyone seems to know." -George Orwell

Because of its military association, the jackboot came to be used frequently in such phrases as "jackbooted, goose-stepping Nazi storm troopers." Since the 1960's "jackboot" has been used to mean any authoritarian or bullying measure. It is suggested in the Oxford English Dictionary that the sense of "jack" in "jackboot" may be derived from jacket. ROBERT PERLOFF Pittsburgh, June 29, 1995

They are now GOOSE CLAPPERS.

I think mom thought of boots made 'when they ran out of leather.' The Carnal Warfare Cult justified draft dodging.

The Jesus Proposal

http://www.piney.com/Jesus.Proposal.Book.html

Adolph Hitler could not have said it better.

Rubel Shelly and John York: [p. 114] While we still have access to reading as individuals, we stop asking, "What does this mean to me?"--as though there is such an isolated meaning.

Instead we have a GROUP MENTALITY that asks, "What does this mean to US?"

And ALL of the once Christian Bible Colleges said AMEN BROTHER: they tried and lied and huffed and puffed but the brick churches did not fall down.

Our proposal to focus on Jesus means that Scripture is NO LONGER a set of proof-texts or a collection of facts or God's rulebook for human behavior. Scripture is the unfolding story of God acting both to create and to re-create. It is not an easy book to understand.

It was NEVER intended as a document to [p. 115] be INDIVIDUALLY read and interpreted--a sort~of correspondence course in salvation.

Prior to the invention of the printing press, access to the content of Scripture was oral. For thousands of years it could only be heard and interpreted in the context of community.

In fact both churches and synagogue chained their bibles to the pulpit to keep them from being stolen." Any one could come to the "learning centers" and read the text. They could and did go OUT from the Shelly-Shelters and teach the word anywhere they wished. It was dangerous then and now.

Yes, INDIVIDUALS could comment on Scripture, but those comments were always for the LARGER hearing of the community. Only after there was INDIVIDUAL access did there become an opportunity for an individual, isolated reading and interpretation that had no need or use for community. More importantly, WE lay aside INDIVIDUAL interpretations precisely because they are inevitably argumentative and divisive.

Shelly-York and the new "Community Churchs movement" really speak in terms of COMMUNES. If individuals read the Bible and discover that the clergy doesn't know or teach the Word then Scripture is GUARDED and the text on the pages not to be interpreted never changes.

Interpreted: if you let the apostate professors interpret and speak then YOU will not be divisive. Wrath in Hebrew includes "making people into buffoons." Paul called it strong delusions. They read but did not interpret: in the words of LU they used their imagination. They and only they have always been the cause of sowing discord.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Jul 14, 2015 7:09 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Hebrews 10 the Assembly part B

July 15 2015, 12:40 PM 

We noted a post which says that if you do not attend their assemblies you have forsaken Christ. By reading Hebrews 10 you will note that people were pretty casual about 'Sunday Assembly.' Because people were scattered, some of the leaders began adding a FAIR atmosphere to attract members to pretty rare asssemblies. You remember that before Constantine Sunday was a regular WORK day.

Furthermore, those who try to stomp on people's minds by demanding more and more assemblies which are mandatory if the "elders say so" do not need to read the text for understanding. Paul told the Corinthians that "their assemblies did more harm than good." Therefore, there is noting good about the Corinthian pattern.

Probably one of the gains of the Shelly etal Restructure was to define the assembly as ONLY WORSHIP CENTERED. That's when the preacher and elders gradually gave way to male and female worship leaders and a token--often false--short feel-good sermon. Historic Churches made certain that there was a strong Bible Study program now dominated by "female children's ministers."

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Response to Dave Part A

September 27 2015, 3:45 PM 

The New Covenant made to Jews and Gentiles is to the LAITY exclusive of Priests and Levites. An institution with Priests (clergy) and Levites (musicians) is in fact against the Prophetic Warning of Christ: Jesus said there will only be servants and no rulers.

People call THEMSELVES together as A school (only) of Christ (only) in the Prophets and Apostles. The Lord's Supper is the conditional remembrance that Jesus Speaks and we--male and female--are silent "that all might be SAFE and come to a knowledge of the truth."

David has never seen the EKKLESIA (church) calling itself into assembly (synagogue) as a WORD OF GOD ONLY SCHOOL OF CHRIST.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Oct 1, 2015 8:47 PM

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

I love the church of Christ

September 27 2015, 8:51 PM 

Ken,
You are upset because you don't have an excuse for not going. You can claim that I have never seen this church in the wilderness, this "WORD OF GOD ONLY SCHOOL OF CHRIST," but it is just deep hurt and sentiment from a flustered old man. I go because I need the strength of others who also need the strength of the BODY OF CHRIST. You don't have to go and no one will ever make you. I guarantee it.

We draw strength from Christ and each other....thus...the author says.....
Hebrews 10
24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I have seen the church in the wilderness, just not the one you have been a part of with the Priests and Levites. How sad.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: I love the church of Christ

September 27 2015, 9:08 PM 

The preacher or kerusso in the Ekklesia "called the people into the assembly."
Anyone dallying around the Marketplace would be MARKED with the Psallo rope and disqualified from speaking. You remember that Jesus consigned the pipers, lamenters and dancers to the marketplace where they sold sausages and young boys.

http://www.piney.com/Agora.MarketPlace.html

The ekklesia was held on a higher unpolluted hill in athens and ONE one was permitted to submit or speak about their own topic. Both the Ekklesia and Greek Synagogue received its RESOURCES from a higher authority. That is why Jesus outlawed "speaking your own words."

Church as you know it is a MARKETPLACE where they SELL the free water of the WORD. Anything beyond WORD CENTERED begins to become a CULT since the cultified have a controller to try to keep them occupied seven days a week.

By DIRECT command the synagogue or ekklesia met only ONE TIME EACH WEEK.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Oct 1, 2015 8:49 PM

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Nice Try

September 29 2015, 10:03 PM 

Ken said "Paul said your "assemblies do more harm than good" part of that was "singing their own songs out of THEIR own spirit.""

That is also not right for you to put quotation marks around 'singing their own songs out of their own spirit' because Paul never said that.....Ken did. You don't need to put quotations around your own interpretation.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

Re: Nice Try

September 30 2015, 12:05 AM 

I wonder how many of Paul sermons that focused on pagan mythology didn't make it into his epistles. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Bill
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 30 2015, 6:42 PM 

You will never know how many PAGAN myths He repudiated?

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

September 30 2015, 8:40 PM 

It's evident that Paul, being very wise, did not load up his epistles with pagan mythology. No doubt he knew that focusing on that junk was more suited to bedtime stories and campfire stories than for Christian edification.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 30 2015, 8:52 PM 

That PROVES that Jesus doesn't let you read BLACK text on WHITE paper.

Acts 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you

Acts 14:11 And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men.
Acts 14:12 And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.
Acts 14:13 Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people.
Acts 14:14 Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,

Acts 19:24 For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen;
Acts 19:27 So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.
Acts 19:28 And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

Acts 19:33 And they drew Alexander out of the multitude, the Jews putting him forward. And Alexander beckoned with the hand, and would have made his defence unto the people.
Acts 19:34 But when they knew that he was a Jew, all with one voice about the space of two hours cried out, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.
Acts 19:35 And when the townclerk had appeased the people, he said, Ye men of Ephesus, what man is there that knoweth not how that the city of the Ephesians is a worshipper of the great goddess Diana, and of the image which fell down from Jupiter?

Just a few out of dozens which require a minimum reading of the Classics to grasp!

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Sep 30, 2015 8:54 PM

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

September 30 2015, 10:40 PM 

Ken, Paul didn't write Acts. You quoted nothing from Paul's own epistles, because Paul doesn't mention the specific name of any pagan god or goddess even once. Paul only occasionally refers generically to "gods" or "idol(s)" or "idolatry" in his epistles, but he definitely does not load up his epistles with that junk:

"god" -- no verses

"gods" (2 verses) -- 1 Cor. 8:5 and Gal. 4:8

"goddess" or "goddesses" -- no verses

"idol" (3 verses) -- 1 Cor. 8:4,7; 1 Cor. 10:19

"idols" (9 verses) -- Rom. 2:22; 1 Cor. 8:1,4,10; 1 Cor. 10:19,28; 1 Cor. 12:2; 2 Cor. 6:16; 1 Thess. 1:9

"idolatry" (3 verses) -- 1 Cor. 10:14; Gal. 5:20; Col. 3:5

Out of all the verses in Paul's own epistles, he refers to gods, idol(s), and idolatry in only 17 verses.

Let's try to emulate Paul by keeping references to pagan mythology to a minimum, since they do not enhance Christian edification.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 1 2015, 10:56 AM 

Didn't say that Paul wrote acts: reading 101aaa!

Romans 1 defines the Jew's whom God abandoned to worship the starry host: those gods are defined by Acts 7 and Amos.

http://www.piney.com/Romans.1.html

Paul in Romans 14 outlaws the sects in Rome. Those are defined by Christ through Ezekiel 8. They had been outlawed for DOING WHAT THEY DO IN THE NIGHT.

http://www.piney.com/MuTammuz.html

God HIDES from the wise so don't be surprized that you don't grasp the REDEFINING words like Word, Faith, Grace. You don't have to understand unless you presume to be a Teacher. The Spirit OF Christ warned about the Scribes and Pharisees: speakers, singers, instrument players. He warned about the Lying Pen of the Scribes writing about the not-commanded king, kingdom, temple, priests or God-abandoned Levites.

http://www.piney.com/Timothy.4.2.Giving.Heed.Jewish.Fables.html

http://www.piney.com/1.Timothy.4.Fables.Old.Wives.Tales.html

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

October 1 2015, 1:11 PM 

No, you didn't say that Paul wrote Acts. When I said that Paul never mentioned the specific name of any pagan deity in his epistles, you quoted passages with names of pagan deities from Acts, as though Paul had written those passages. Just to remind you, Acts is not one of Paul's epistles. You might try a little of that Reading 101 yourself.

Again, please keep your posts about pagan mythology to a minimum. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 1 2015, 2:41 PM 

Luke 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,
Luke 1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;
Luke 1:3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,
Luke 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Luke is collecting the written history and his personal observations so that PAUL SPEAKS in this passage:

Acts 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars’ hill, and SAID, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

Acts 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

October 1 2015, 4:21 PM 

You're still quoting from Acts, which is not one of Paul's own epistles. You'll have to be content with the fact that Paul did not mention the name of a single pagan deity in any of his own epistles. We all need to take a lesson from Paul on that matter.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Speaking Tongues includes INSTRUMENTS and perversion.

September 30 2015, 7:24 PM 

People claim that the Corinthian Church is a PATTERN for speaking in tongues or everyone singing a solo. However, Paul said that:

1Cor. 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
1Cor. 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
1Cor. 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
1Cor. 11:20 When ye come together [synagogue] therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord’s supper.

Jesus didn't ordain the Lord's Supper as a common meal where the greedy ate up the food. He took a small divided loaf and defined it as a MEMORAL and not a Rubel Shelly eating barbecue with Jesus.

We have shown in many post that HERESIES or SECTARIANISM means "making a choice" BUT it means people use the PERFORMING ARTS or the HYPOCRITIC arts and Crafts to create the LADED BURDEN or Self pleasure Paul outlawed before commanding that we SPEAK that which is written for our learning.

In 1 Corinthians 13 we have shown that the speaking in tongues was related to tinkling cymbals and other "musical instruments" which by the Devil's introduction SPOOKS people so the lambs are made dumb before the slaughter.

In Ephesians 5 the SPEAKING is out loud and the ODE and PSALLO is in the MIND meaning SILENT.

In 1 Corinthians 14 Paul also told the people to SPEAK (gibberish or instruments) to GOD which means DON'T speak it to the assembly.

When you mock true Bible research God sends strong delusions.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Oct 1, 2015 8:45 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

1 Corinthians 14 Tongues B

September 30 2015, 7:43 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Age isn't an Excuse

October 1 2015, 9:11 AM 

Ken,
If you are going to quote me then have the good sense that God gave you (what little you have left) and use it to separate OUT what I am saying from what YOU are saying. I do NOT want anyone to confuse what I say with the ravings of a lunatic. Several posts up you DID NOT put quotations around what I SAID, and then you immediately started your twisted rant after my statement. YOU KNOW BETTER and have been told time and time again. You don't have to agree with what I say but what I say is important to me. You KNOW English grammar....I am demanding that you use it when you post my statements.

Here is what you posted
That is also not right for you to put quotation marks around 'singing their own songs out of their own spirit' because Paul never said that.....Ken did. You don't need to put quotations around your own interpretation. Mocking is not manly! Mocking indeed in the Bible includes playing musical instruments as they musically mocked Jesus too the cross.

Here is what you SHOULD HAVE posted.
Dave said "That is also not right for you to put quotation marks around 'singing their own songs out of their own spirit' because Paul never said that.....Ken did. You don't need to put quotations around your own interpretation."

Mocking is not manly! Mocking indeed in the Bible includes playing musical instruments as they musically mocked Jesus too the cross.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Age isn't an Excuse

October 1 2015, 2:32 PM 

By now you should know that I always use RED to quote enough so that people can understand whom I am answering. If this is putting strains on your MEDS I will try to fix it.

However, only my wife and cat get to tell me what to do.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter