Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

Next Topic >>Return to Index  

ConcernedMembers Forum's New Paging Mechanism

September 5 2015 at 11:18 PM
ConcernedMembers  (Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 23.127.32.146

The new paging mechanism, designed by Network54 for this forum and forums in general, while it has certain advantages, has created other issues. It is advantageous when one can go directly to the first page or the last page. I believe it is assumed that most posters would want to publish their messages at or near the end of the thread, thus, continuity of communication between/among posters is maintained. However, when one responds directly to an "old" post on page 35 [and say there are 100 pages now] and the response appears on page 38, it is very difficult to locate that response between page 35 and page 100. (On the other hand, locating this particular response would not be difficult in the old system as explained below).

One advantage that the previous one-page system had was the capability to view a particular thread in its entirety. Generally, there was continuity in the sequence of the "events" [or posts] of the thread. If not, there was always the date of the post available for searches [as in search: "September 5 2015"]. Significantly, it was very easy and not that time-consuming to scroll up or down the one long page. From the moderator's standpoint, it was easy to search the entire long page for the word "Approve" and [Voila!!!] it's there.

Based on my own observations, I think that to alleviate the problem of a yet-to-be-approved post that is not showing on the last page:

(1) It would be best not to post on the last page. Posting on the last page (by responding to the INITIAL post of the thread) disrupts the continuity of the communication currently going on between posts/posters as it creates an entirely new sub-topic.

(2) In conjunction with (1), it would be best to continue an ongoing conversation, as we've been accustomed to doing, by clicking the "Respond to this message" button for that post. Under normal circumstances, the intended response will show directly and immediately below that post. Continuity of the conversation is maintained.

(3) Keep in mind that posting on the last page, which disrupts an ongoing "conversation," should be reserved for times when some conversation has ceased and it's time for a new sub-topic (still within the same thread) to be posted and discussed.

If there are concerns or questions for consideration, please post them here.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: ConcernedMembers Forum's New Paging Mechanism

September 6 2015, 12:46 PM 

That works well on the one page system: many forums have "nested" links where you can jump into an old conversation.

It would work also if the poster would make a BUMP NOTE on the last page of the thread. The casual reader or moderator can click on the page number at the bottom of the page.

I just did a post on "wonder why" on page 2 and the color changes on the LAST page--sometimes but not always.

The forum is designed to put the latest post on the last page. I am working to sort out the "grace" diversion. He also denies the JUDGMENT and FIRE passages: I fell into the trap.

I have worried about the poor observer who does not know where to look. Ideally one thread would cover one topic.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Sep 6, 2015 7:55 PM

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 7 2015, 3:51 PM 

Thanks for the explanation/suggestion, Ken.

For those who need to know, clicking the "Respond to this message" of the INITIAL message/post on page 1 of any thread will automatically put that response at the bottom of the last page. We do this when posting a new sub-topic is desired, even if we expect that it may disrupt an ongoing discussion above it. The moderator can easily locate this post on the last page for approval.

We will continue to use the 100-page thread scenario for now (and a page is limited to 20 posts/messages):

(1) It is not an issue to respond to any of the posts on the last page. The response will always display on the same last page (p. 100) or on the next page (which will now be p. 101) when page 100 is full. The moderator will easily locate the last post to be approved. The moderator may attempt to locate the post to be approved on the preceding page 99 or page 98, but patience runs out when the post to be approved is located on page 97 or earlier.

(2) If may be an issue when responding to a post that's not on the last page. It is an issue when responding to a post between page 1 and page 99. The moderator knows that there is a post pending approval, but doesn't know where that post is located. We don't have the time to locate "Approve" from page 1 to page 100. sad.gif

(3) Ken's suggestion will help: If responding to a post on page 97 or earlier, go to page 100 (the last page) and click any of the "Respond to this message" buttons on the last page. Be sure to copy-and-paste the title to the "Message Title" box. Be sure to copy-and-paste the text or a portion of the text for further discussion to the "Message Text" box. You may include the author and date of that post. Then, your response text follows. In this manner, the moderator will be able to locate the post on the last page and approve it.

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

Time Out

October 10 2015, 8:48 AM 

I can take a hint... and a break. Off to breakfast with Lee. Later.

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

October 14 2015, 6:48 PM 

[linked image]
TROUBLE TICKET #666

IT TECH HAS BEEN NOTIFIED.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 23.127.32.146 on Oct 17, 2015 9:22 PM

Respond to this message   
Rocnar
(no login)

October 16 2015, 5:39 PM 

No doubt, Network54 has dropped the ball. Information technology (IT) is the application of computers and telecommunications equipment to store, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data. Probably the IT Tech is "goofing off". It should not take this long to correct this problem.

Respond to this message   
Rocnar
(no login)

October 20 2015, 1:37 PM 

Ken, I am impressed with your troubleshooting skills on the paging problem. Perhaps you need to reach out to the IT Tech and come to a solution on this problem. Keep up the good work.

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The 'Respond to this message' Button Malfunction

October 25 2015, 9:02 PM 

A few months ago, I reported this issue:

========================================

The "Respond to this message" Button Malfunction
May 5 2015 at 11:05 PM

I've been having an issue with this button "Respond to this message" in recent weeks. There are times when the response to a message is not posted immediately below as expected.

It's confusing to the reader to see a number of messages IN BETWEEN the original post and the expected "immediate" response to that post.

---------------------------

Responses
May 6 2015, 10:37 AM

[...] are just like starting posts. They should show up immediately unless the forum is moderated, like this forum is. Try clearing your cache and make sure your system clock is set correctly for your time zone. Believe it or not, that is a common issue.

========================================

I do not recall having this issue prior to the implementation of the new paging mechanism (while the forum was also moderated at the time).

My own solution to this would be: Let the one-page system do its routine (as it did prior to the new paging system); then allot 20 posts per page after that.

Rocnar, since you seem to have troubleshooting skills on the paging problem, what would you suggest?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

If you need to correspond with me...

October 25 2015, 9:20 PM 

There are times when I need to correspond with a poster via email. (In the past, this forum provided an option for a poster to enter an email address.)

Please feel free to communicate with me at this address: donniecruz@msn.com

I cannot promise to check my inbox promptly or constantly. But I can promise to keep it all confidential unless told otherwise.

Thanks,

Donnie

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

How and When to: 'Respond to this message'

April 11 2016, 1:46 AM 

As we know by now [I think], there are two ways to "respond to this message":

(1) Responding to the INITIAL post published by the original author: When you click the "Respond to this message" button, your response will be published at the bottom of the thread on the last page, and it will be indented leftmost. We would normally not want to do this because it cuts off whatever communication or discussion that has been going on earlier. This may be used only when the intent is to begin a new topic within that thread when no one has posted in a while; so, unless this is the reason, please choose the other option below (2):

(2) Responding to any post other than the initial post: When you click the "Respond to this message" button, your message will be published IMMEDIATELY BELOW the post you're responding to. This is the preferred way in order to keep the flow of communication or discussion going.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison
2602:301:77f2:920:880e:f993:e5d5:3426

A Different Format of the IP Address

August 30 2016, 12:07 AM 

Can someone or ones volunteer to research this issue?

My internet provider is AT&T. Is this IP format unique to AT&T? Only?

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)
2602:304:44ab:ada0:3541:8a6b:3f99:3826

Worried

August 30 2016, 10:58 AM 

Donnie, you have me worried. Bill, Donnie, and yours truly are the ones affected. What could this mean? The word "eternal" is on my mind. What's up?

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: A Different Format of the IP Address

August 30 2016, 1:24 PM 

looks like Hex code for maybe COLORS? or letters: someone is hacking

Respond to this message   
Rancor
(no login)

Be A MAN!

December 11 2016, 1:08 PM 

Ken, you still riding shot gun our maybe they (Donnie and Script) locked you in the trunk. A real man would not this sheet. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Donnie's EMail Address

August 20 2017, 7:43 PM 

Donnie's Email: donniecruz@msn.com

I would urge readers to email me at any time for questions, concerns or comments. It would help me to be notified that your email is in or on its way to my inbox in case I forget. sad.gif

Donnie

Respond to this message   

Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter