Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Re: Bible Translation?

November 21 2015, 11:14 AM 

That was well said. The Bible often speaks in forms of parallelism. So that we don't hang up on one word such as "faith" (which demands to comply), God gives us another meaning.

Gal. 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal. 3:27 For [What I MEAN IS] as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

g1063. gar, assigning a reason, explanation or intensification, indeed
Latin: Enim why because, for, for instance, namely, that is to say, I mean, in fact I. To corroborate a preceding assertion, yes indeed, yes truly, of a truth, to be sure, certainly, indeed: A. To prove or show the grounds of a preceding assertion.

We are saved by Faith IN Christ Jesus:
What I mean is that at Baptism we are IN or Clothed with Christ.

If you even debate that you do not have A holy spirit or A good consciousness meaning a CO-PERCEPTION of the Word.

Spirit, Heart, Mind, Innermost Being mean the same things. Pneuma means WIND only. It is used of the BREATH. When speaking of a person or God it means the MENTAL DISPOSITION of that person.

Psa. 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken HEART;
and saveth such as be of a contrite SPIRIT.

Psa. 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
Psa. 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken SPIRIT: a broken and a contrite HEART, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Ezek. 36:26 A new HEART also will I give you, and a new SPIRIT will I put within you: and I will take away the stony HEART out of your flesh, and I will give you an v of flesh.
Ezek. 36:27 And I will put my SPIRIT within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Zech. 7:11 But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear.
Zech. 7:12 Yea, they made their HEART as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the LORD of hosts hath sent in his SPIRIT by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the LORD of hosts.

Mark 2:8 And immediately when Jesus perceived in HIS SPIRIT that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your HEART?

Rom. 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom. 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the HEART, in the SPIRIT, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Because God the father BREATHED into Jesus as He had the earlier prophets, Jesus could say that after He returned to the Spirit realm:

John 6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
John 6:63 It is the SPIRIT that quickeneth; the FLESH profiteth nothing: the WORDS that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are LIFE.

WORDS (words even as pictures or symbols) is the GOD-GIVEN method of communication. If WE supply OUR words (outlawed by God) the are NOT Spirit and they are not LIFE bringing.

The ONLY avenue God has given as a MARK (says Peter) of one with A holy spirit was given in the wilderness and never changed:

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city
them that PREACH him,
being READ in the synagogues every sabbath day.

In the morning if you have hired someone to PRIVATE INTERPRET or FURTHER EXPOUND the Word Peter wants you to know that he is a false teacher and despises Christ Who was the eye-- and ear--witnesses to the apostles.

If he prances and puffs and preens and speaks of himself or tells jokes or sings, plays instruments, or ACT He is ANTI-Logos or ANTI-Christ in that God made Jesus to be the visible and audible Mind of the Father.

REST includes the word SKHOLE: if you hear all of the puffing about what WE are doing then you know that someone has made you a community meaning COMMUNE.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address on Nov 21, 2015 11:17 AM

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

November 22 2015, 2:12 AM 

An excellent article!

God's Spirit is HOLY. Indeed, the correct expression as you stated is: "The Holy Spirit of God." It is also scriptural: "And grieve not the holy Spirit OF God...." (Ephesians 4:30, KJV).

It would make it simple if the Christian would append "OF GOD" to the expression "HOLY SPIRIT" as it would eliminate the confusion that "the Holy Spirit" is separate from "God." The prepositional phrase "of God" or "of the Lord" is very significant as it is used in the majority of passages that reference "the Spirit."

You provided an excellent explanation that having "a holy spirit" is in reference to the individual Christian. One outside of Christ who puts on Christ in baptism receives both: (1) forgiveness of sins in His blood and (2) the gift of "holy spirit" (purity, cleansing, clear conscience, refreshing). It is the individual Christian's obligation to achieve to live a holy and righteous life.

"The Holy Spirit" is to God; having a "holy spirit" is to the individual Christian. Neither "spirit" is another/separate person.

Respond to this message   
(Login Ken.Sublett)

November 22 2015, 10:51 PM 

Ancient Babylon and Catholics had EXORCISTS on their staff. If the Spirit OF God is not OF but IS God and He lives inside of those claiming "his" guidance, maybe we need to set up a University of Exorcism?

Acts 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had EVIL spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address on Nov 22, 2015 11:15 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Re: ASK AWAY: Question 11 -- Being addressed as 'Pastor' or 'Reverend'

November 22 2015, 10:59 PM 

A pastor is supposed to feed sheep: not entertain goats.

A pastor would never lead sheep close to the sounds of rushing waters.

A pastor as elder is commanded to "teach that which has been taught."

A herald is a kerusso or presbyter: elders had a GO button and went out collecting their own flocks. That is why they had influence over a large area.

A pastor would never steal other people's sheep.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

ASK AWAY: Question 11 -- Being addressed as 'Pastor' or 'Reverend'

November 22 2015, 10:52 PM 

QUESTION 11 -- Would you be "accepting" or would you be offended if someone or a group addresses you in public or privately as "Reverend Shepherd"?

(I sense that you wouldn't mind being addressed as "Pastor Shepherd" as in the sense that a Baptist minister is addressed as "Pastor." Or, is that not the case?) While you're at it, would you address the "pastor" issue? What is the difference between "Pastor" and "Minister" as noted below?

Husband - Pastor - Minister - Dreamer -
autograph collector & Part of Big Blue
Nation -Well House Church North,
Nashville, TN

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)

Re: Ask away

November 23 2015, 12:20 PM 

We have noted that A Church of Christ is built upon or Educated by the Prophets and Apostles: both inspired by the Spirit OF Christ.

The Writers left us a memory of Jesus making these prophecies more certain.

The Prophets by the Spirit OF Christ defined the REST then and now both inclusively and exclusively.

We have noted that the direct command and approved examples and historic practice before after the Reformation understood what appears with black text on white paper. There was no "congregational" singing because God provided NO metrical or singable "that which is written for our learning." For goodness sake: why would anyone need a LAW to silence them preventing the ONE PIECE PATTERN of TEACHING?

All of the Logos (regulative principle) words such as LEXIS is the OPPOSITE of ODE and SPEAK gives no wriggle room to add performance music.

Jay and They say that Amos was just condemning a bad mental attitude: However, both Israel and Judah were worshiping the golden calf. At Mount Sinai, Moses was sorely alarmed and noted three reason one should hear MUSIC in the camp:

Ex. 32:18 And he said,
1. It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery,
2. neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome:
3. but the noise of them that sing do I hear.

Canto to produce melodious sounds (by the voice or an instrument), to sound, sing, play C. Transf., of instruments, to sound, resound: “pastoris bucina cantat,” III. In the lang. of religion, as v. n. or a., to use enchantments, charms, incantations, to enchant, to charm

The Jews Never repented and God gave them kings in His anger to carry out the Captivity and Death penalty IMPOSED because of musical idolatry.

Both Amos and Stephen in Acts 7 note that God IMPOSED the curse of the sacrificial system where instrumental NOISE was "to make the lambs dumb before the slaughter" and as EXORCISM trying to repel the demons or FLIES and attract good spirits. Many Old and New Testament passages show that this was a CURSE but "a" spirit told the progressives that was what God wanted THEM to do. Isn't that spooky that a spirit imposed the same terminal apostasy?

If you repeat the Mount Sinai repudiation of Grace you teach that SPEAKING which is the opposite of ODE really means to ODE or sing instead of SPEAKING, that''s the meaning of a strong delusion.

[linked image]

Amos 5.23 aufer a me tumultum carminum tuorum et cantica lyrae tuae non audiam

cantĭcum , i, n. cantus. I.Lit., a song in the Roman comedy, sung by one person, and accompanied by music and dancing; a monody, solo:

dēlēnīmentum (delin- ), i, n. delenio,
I.any thing that soothes, charms, or allures, a charm, blandishment, allurement, enticement

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address on Nov 23, 2015 12:23 PM

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

ASK AWAY: Question 12 -- Did you author WHN's 'WHAT WE BELIEVE'?

November 25 2015, 12:15 AM 

QUESTION 12 -- Well House North's website has its own "WHAT WE BELIEVE" page. Did you author it or derive it from another source?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

ASK AWAY: Question 13 -- Well House Church Selecting Its Elders?

November 25 2015, 12:20 AM 

QUESTION 13 -- Does Well House Church plan to select its own elders any time soon? If the majority chooses you to become an elder, will you consider accepting the office?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

ASK AWAY: Question 14 -- Well House North'S Alignment?

November 25 2015, 12:23 AM 

QUESTION 14 --Do you consider Well House North Church as being more affiliated or aligned with the Community Church? Than with the church that bears the name of Christ?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)

ASK AWAY: Question 15 -- Prediction: Louisville takes down Kentucky at Rupp Arena?

December 24 2015, 8:53 PM 

QUESTION 15 -- What do you think [from ESPN] of the weekend prediction: "... but the Cardinals just might be the better team right now"?

Do you agree?

Respond to this message   
< Previous Page 18 9 10 11 12 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site;

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter